Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:49:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is anyone else as stupid as me to still hodl?  (Read 5337 times)
bitcoinbot

Activity: 357
Merit: 130

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:49:10 PM

I have been spending BTC recently, fuck hodling.
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 09:29:31 PM

Everyone was saying they would spend all they have as soon as it hit 220 or lower, now look at most of you! "We're far from the bottom", <begin sarcasm> If you're a fortune teller, by al means let me know what the bottom will be, when we hit it, and when we hit the top. Also please advice on stock market, i'll be happy to pay for these services <end of sarcasm>.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
the_sunship

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:05:44 PM

You know, bitcoin is much bigger news these days than in 2011. Much more investors are reading about it. This could mean one of two outcomes -

Some investors from wall street will read the news and stay the fuck away from it for good, while others might see this massive correction is going to upswing if bitcoin doesn't die. So, I can imagine the second group will be checking signs of life in the next few weeks. If it doesn't completely collapse (I don't think it will) some of those guys are going to buy in for the long term. If it starts to upswing, we could see more of them pile in.

I'm thinking that the second possibility is stronger than the first, so I'm holding for now. If it all collapses, then I accept the consequences and move on.
Einewton

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:11:57 PM

Just buy $1 worth of BTC, you wont be disappointed either direction BTC goes. *Shruggs*

-= Got BitCoin? =-
poncho32

Activity: 316

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:31:48 AM

I do. Decided to go all the way to the bottom if bitcoin decides to turn its back on me and die.
I refuse to sell it for $150, I know it's worth much more and don't care that nobody wants to pay more at the moment.

The price is already shooting back up. Anyone selling at 150 will probably end up buying back in a lot higher.
twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:53:19 AM

I do. Decided to go all the way to the bottom if bitcoin decides to turn its back on me and die.
I refuse to sell it for $150, I know it's worth much more and don't care that nobody wants to pay more at the moment.

The price is already shooting back up. Anyone selling at 150 will probably end up buying back in a lot higher.

Why do you assume the only choice is to be bullish? 
dagi

Activity: 374

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 07:40:04 AM

I'm still holding  Grin
semaforo

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:47:19 PM

If you are longterm bearish it is based on unforeseeable factors. If you are bullish it is based on a realistic assessment of Bitcoin's potential.

Bearish in the short term is reasonable, but pointless, since it only really leads to speculation, which is ultimately harmful to the community. You may win in the short term, but eventually someone with more money will come along and eat you alive. Unless you're the Rothschild's financing both sides of WW 3. And if you keep your money in a bank, you are helping them do it.

Anyway, those are some reasons being a bull is the best option.

Considering the wildlife, bulls can survive in the wild or domesticated, while bears don't do well cohabiting with humans. So bulls are likely to do alright regardless of how human civilization fares.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 12:15:27 AM

...Considering the wildlife, bulls can survive in the wild or domesticated, while bears don't do well cohabiting with humans. So bulls are likely to do alright regardless of how human civilization fares.

Filthy bovines in the wild are a menace & must be shot on sight:
"In just a few decades, the cows wreaked havoc on Hawaiian settlements. A bull’s horns can grow as large as six feet across, and reports of cows destroying thatched houses, rampaging over farms, and injuring and killing people and horses were common. Scottish botanist David Douglas, for whom the Douglas fir is named, was killed by a wild Hawaiian bull in 1834."

Domestic bulls are good for two things only: Boning cows and going to the slaughter.

Disgusting animal, bull.  Eats own vomit.  The nerve, comparing filthy bull to the noble, majestic bear Angry
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:02:30 AM

It was really really hard over the last days not to panic sell. I wonder how many people sold around $170 and are now buying back, panicking. Maybe we'll go back into the $100s again, just so they can lose some more coins. It's sad, but this is how the human brain works. It's not always on our side.

B.A.S.

Activity: 420
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:33:50 AM

It was really really hard over the last days not to panic sell. I wonder how many people sold around $170 and are now buying back, panicking. Maybe we'll go back into the $100s again, just so they can lose some more coins. It's sad, but this is how the human brain works. It's not always on our side.

You and I both. I sold and took a large profit after the $1000+ pump and then re-bought back in at $500 with principle and post-pump earnings. Needless to say, it's been a rough year and with the recent declines, it's even harder not to pull the sell trigger.

Making money on BTC is nice, but I got in initially as an investment store for extra cash I was tired of making .0000000001% on through my savings account. I don't worry as much about the price as I do the exchanges folding and with few places to spend it yet. I'd really like to see the infrastructure grow to use it. I hear Uber may be collaborating with Coinbase...
HarmonLi

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:37:01 AM

You and I both. I sold and took a large profit after the $1000+ pump and then re-bought back in at $500 with principle and post-pump earnings. Needless to say, it's been a rough year and with the recent declines, it's even harder not to pull the sell trigger.

Making money on BTC is nice, but I got in initially as an investment store for extra cash I was tired of making .0000000001% on through my savings account. I don't worry as much about the price as I do the exchanges folding and with few places to spend it yet. I'd really like to see the infrastructure grow to use it. I hear Uber may be collaborating with Coinbase...

Well if you're in it for the mid- or long-run, you should definitely keep your BTC off-exchange. Only keep BTC in an address whose private key you hold (and only you). It's hard for traders to do that, but if you're only trading at bigger intervals, this is the way to go.

poncho32

Activity: 316

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:38:44 AM

If bitstamp had done a gox I bet all the clever traders would have wished they had held in their own wallets. I would rather take a virtual loss when bitcoin's price tanks than lose the lot in a folding exchange.
B.A.S.

Activity: 420
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:45:57 AM

If bitstamp had done a gox I bet all the clever traders would have wished they had held in their own wallets. I would rather take a virtual loss when bitcoin's price tanks than lose the lot in a folding exchange.

Absolutely. My coins are kept in my own personal wallet. No way would I trust them to anything or anyone else. As for the exchange, I was inferring about them folding and me having no where to buy them (besides locally) or no where to buy merchandise from large scale retailers (most companies go through an exchange instead of processing the transactions themselves).
HarmonLi

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:53:37 AM

Absolutely. My coins are kept in my own personal wallet. No way would I trust them to anything or anyone else. As for the exchange, I was inferring about them folding and me having no where to buy them (besides locally) or no where to buy merchandise from large scale retailers (most companies go through an exchange instead of processing the transactions themselves).

Yeah, all the insisting on keeping coins safe in offline wallets and in addresses under your control, we of course need reputable exchanges you can safely use in order to buy new coins. Exchanges going under and making the news in CNN aren't exactly good PR for Bitcoin.

twiifm

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:55:47 AM

If you are longterm bearish it is based on unforeseeable factors. If you are bullish it is based on a realistic assessment of Bitcoin's potential.

Bearish in the short term is reasonable, but pointless, since it only really leads to speculation, which is ultimately harmful to the community. You may win in the short term, but eventually someone with more money will come along and eat you alive. Unless you're the Rothschild's financing both sides of WW 3. And if you keep your money in a bank, you are helping them do it.

Anyway, those are some reasons being a bull is the best option.

Considering the wildlife, bulls can survive in the wild or domesticated, while bears don't do well cohabiting with humans. So bulls are likely to do alright regardless of how human civilization fares.

If you want to make money trade with the trend.  Right now that's shorting the pops
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:05:24 AM

Not just "anyone" but MOST people are still holding.  The trading volume is made up of mostly speculators but most Bitcoin users and pretty much all "believers" are in it for the long term.  So you can bet they are holding.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: