Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:38:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think you were scammed by GAW? Tell Ars Technica  (Read 14494 times)
dnp

Activity: 401
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:08:59 PM

INCOMING! HT airdrop!

You guys are funny. If you don't like this the worst thing you can do is keep bumping this thread with personal attacks against the OP. Despite what you've been told by your great leader, this will NOT make XPY look any better. But don't let me get in your way. Carry on.

riiigggght discourage those personal attacks... yup, you are really convincing there.

Explorer and full node hosting at explorer.dognose.net
PEARSON1FIED

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:09:18 PM

@cfarivar

Hi,
I'm GAW customer since march 2014 when I purchased for first time Gridseed USB Dual miners (in march) and 2x GAWMiners The Fury 1.3Mh miners (at june). So far I haven't been any problems with GAW. I'm never been scammed. So far they have not scammed anyone. I purchased digital miners (Hashlets) and got my daily payouts. I'm not complaining because I got my ROI back. For me GAW is honest company..True story.

Sorry for my bad english.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8934

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:09:37 PM

Now THIS is definitely for you  Grin

https://hashtalk.org/topic/29007

He should hire someone over at GAW to keep his keyboard away from him.

I think that's what they've done already. Trouble is, they gave the keyboard to someone with an even worse case of verbal diarrhea.
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:10:05 PM

Didn't take long for the "GAW Army" to arrive...

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:11:51 PM

I have certainly not been scammed, far from it.  In a sea of cloud mining scams I managed to find the one boat without a bloody hole in it.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:13:07 PM

Here is my take on GAW. They have done some good things. When they sold hardware they went way above any other company to try and help stack the odds in the customer’s favors. All other mining companies would have said thought luck you preordered this and it is outdated by the time you got it. Not our problem. GAW tried to help people out by giving various upgrades. Hashlets, I bought a lot of them and they were great for a few months. Much like all mining then went down the tubes. GAW came up with a solution allowing us to mine their reward pts redeemable for their new coin. They could have said tough luck and shut it down like every other cloud miner out there. Instead they gave you an option to try and make money. Paycoin well it has had some good things and some bad things. They are new to the development of a coin and it shows. They have not scammed anyone out of money yet so you can’t call them a scam. They are trying different things to try and make paycoin profitable for the holders. Will it work? Only time will tell. They bought a company that would allow you to use the coins to purchase form most stores on the internet. It looks like they underestimated how much work that plug in needed. They made some bold claims that they have not lived up to yet. However if you step back you can see what they are doing and it is not they are trying to scam everyone. They need to be better job on their announcements because the way they have said things made people believe one thing. They said you would be able to use paycoin to buy from Amazon, Best Buy, and Target….. People immediately assumed this meant GAW was saying they have a relationship with all of these companies. When in reality the relationship is they bought a company that made a plug in that would allow you to purchase form these sites. The floor, they messed up on that one. But with the recent announcement they are at least trying to fix it. So many other companies would say tough. We tried it sold to fast so now we will move on. Was this last announcement great? Not really mind blowing in my opinion. They could have and should have done more but that is for them to figure out. We will have to wait and see how it works out.

TL;DR- GAW has done a lot in it’s past to help out its customers when other companies would no do the same. GAW has made some big mistakes and is trying to correct them. So far they have not scammed anyone. Time will tell about this new honors program.
P4ndoraBox7

Activity: 336

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:13:17 PM

They offer at the moment the best deal for hardware rigs, 550 USD for a S4 2 TH Wink And even an S3 with a power supply !

http://gawminers.go2cloud.org/SHH8

geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:13:47 PM

Eeengleesh lesson for Homero  Shocked

pho·ny

adjective
1. not genuine; fraudulent.

https://writemyessayz.com/

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:14:50 PM

Expect a flood of Josh's brainwashed minions.... Their fearless leader posted this....

https://hashtalk.org/topic/29007/an-open-letter-to-cyrus-farivar-reportage-conducted-by-a-star-chamber

and this...

https://hashtalk.org/topic/29010/paybase-story-readers-of-ars-technica-deserve-solid-journalism/4
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:15:45 PM

HOW IS THAT CNN INTERVIEW COMING ALONG?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
SteveCol

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:16:42 PM

Nope , not been scammed at all.
Very happy with my decision to be part of Paycoin.
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:16:54 PM

HOW IS THAT CNN INTERVIEW COMING ALONG?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Josh doesn't have enough confidence in his own scam abilities anymore... He's hired a professional to represent him...
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:18:10 PM

INCOMING! HT airdrop!

You guys are funny. If you don't like this the worst thing you can do is keep bumping this thread with personal attacks against the OP. Despite what you've been told by your great leader, this will NOT make XPY look any better. But don't let me get in your way. Carry on.

riiigggght discourage those personal attacks... yup, you are really convincing there.

I'm not discouraging anything. I'm actually encouraging you. Come on, don't be shy, this is Bitcointalk, anything goes. It's all for the greater good of XPY, right?
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:20:02 PM

Didn't take long for the "GAW Army" to arrive...

Give me a break. That is like I saying it didn’t take long for the BTC trolls to show up. It is pointless to call each other names. We have all had different experiences with GAW. I am not a mindless person so I do not care if he wants us to come here or not. That is not why I posted here. Same with the other thread. I do not call you guy’s trolls because the people in that thread believe what they are saying. Just like most people from HT. Yes both sides have some trolls. But both sides have people that are smart and think on their own. We just have differing opinions. I am not 100% happy with GAW. Far from it. However I am giving them time to fix some things and I try not to abandon ship because they aren’t doing it how I want. This thing might go to nothing. But it also could succeed. There are things I like and dislike about this coin. (Includes planned things) Right now the things I like outweigh the things I don’t like.
TerryC

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:20:18 PM

First Thanks for looking into the facts and not just reading the rumors and stories from people who are afraid of Paycoin and watching their Bitcoins slowly disappear!

I've been a customer for almost a year and started with GAW Fury's and then went to cloud miners and then to mining Hashpoints for Paycoins. It has always been profitable and support and service have always been great!

Please do yourself a favor and stop reading the lies and crap from people who have never been a customer and look into the FACTS!! Believe me, You don't want to be left behind at this point!!  Wink
dnp

Activity: 401
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:29:09 PM

Josh doesn't have enough confidence in his own scam abilities anymore... He's hired a professional to represent him...

well not everyone can have the same luxury as you having a mother upstairs taking care of your shit for free.

Explorer and full node hosting at explorer.dognose.net
Yoldark

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:32:36 PM

Hey guys,

Cyrus Farivar here. I'm a reporter with Ars Technica working on a story about GAW and Garza. I spoke with him by phone yesterday and would love to speak with anyone that has had direct dealings with the company and/or has direct knowledge of financials of similar companies. He made some claims that sound wild to me, but I want to check.

My previous work: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/04/digging-for-answers-the-strong-smell-of-fraud-from-one-bitcoin-miner-maker/

EMAIL ME:

cyrus.farivar [AT] arstechnica.com

PGP/OTR: http://arstechnica.com/ars-staff-pgp-keys/#cyrus-farivar

https://github.com/cfarivar/crypto-details/blob/master/README.md

Start by asking properly your question.
The real journalistic question is : What do you think about your Gaw investment? Are you satisfied or did you feel abused?

And the response is that GAW has always done what is the best for his customer. His main problem is that GAW is a big dreamer who want to think big. And it's not always easy to make all properly after that.

Is GAW is not buying back all the paycoin for 20$ after all?

Stop trying to make your opinion a reality and start to ask for facts !
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:34:50 PM

Now THIS is definitely for you  Grin

https://hashtalk.org/topic/29007

GAWCEO
Admin
Industry Innovator

An Open Letter to Cyrus Farivar: Reportage Conducted by a Star Chamber

Source: https://twitter.com/cfarivar/status/555096214970986496

Cyrus,

I am not privy to the editorial policies of Ars Technica, which presumably govern the questions you pose, the stories you file and the notes you furnish to your superiors involving your work.

From my vantage point, however, it appears that you wear many hats (of different sizes), so to speak.

There is your reporter's hat, by which you enjoy access to events and scheduled conversations with executives.

And then, there is your police officer's hat, in addition to your powdered wig from the judiciary, where, unlike reading a person his Miranda rights in the real world, you brandish your digital truncheon, assault an innocent citizen and then haul that same individual before a court of one, so you may render your 140-count verdict – on Twitter – of absolute condemnation.

My question to you, therefore, is simple: When is my execution date?

Your tweet encouraging people to contact you if they believe Paycoin™ is a scam is some of the most outrageous behavior I have witnessed by a so-called professional.

If you are unable to distinguish between facts and beliefs – if you think we each have a right to our own opinions and our own version of the truth – then you are a reporter in name only.

Would you, for example, publish a tweet requesting submissions from your followers – I hope they are not morally blind followers – about their beliefs concerning any and all things you deem a potential scam?

Your tweet is an updated version of an infamous loaded question: When, Mr. Garza, did you stop beating your wife?

I will not hesitate to expose egregious behavior that masquerades as journalism, when it is, in fact, the assembly of a star chamber designed to malign a person's character, sow dissent and destroy an industry – never mind a specific company or currency – about which, after speaking with you, I believe you neither understand nor appreciate.

I hope you conduct future interviews with a greater degree of preparedness.

Readers of Ars Technica deserve solid journalism, not gutter politics.

Josh Garza

There is absolutely no way Homero Garza typed that message. Kudos to his attorney for using the word "truncheon".
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:37:24 PM

Is GAW is not buying back all the paycoin for 20$ after all?

Stop trying to make your opinion a reality and start to ask for facts !

See a little contradiction here? GAW is not buying "all" (or any) Paycoin for $20. GAW is offering to take your Paycoin in exchange for a promise to pay an unspecified monthly amount for an unspecified length of time. Big difference. That's what you would get if you took your own advice and looked at facts.
Gibcity

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:40:23 PM

I've been with gaw since you can buy the prime hashlets at 16. I've made some good money with them. The only thing that I don't like is the mystery hype about paybase. I could of done without "INCOMING" and just a hey guys we are using this service for that feature. In the end I'm still at a profit with paycoin being at 3 usd +

Double eagle only 100 coins!! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736702.0
DPyCjHRsPxPbTrJ3DZEThy5s4dyYFsaPFy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: