Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:34:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think you were scammed by GAW? Tell Ars Technica  (Read 14494 times)
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:56:43 AM

^  https://hashtalk.org/user/buckrogers

Roll Eyes

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:58:36 AM

As for Vaultbreakers, Looks like everything went according to plan:

Don't know why you would bring up a Known Scam group such as KNCminer to try to prove some point.

Did you not read what Josh Garza posted on KNC's forum? He lays out how he thinks KNC is scamming them, then actually creates the scam himself.

You people need to do your market research to see what happened to the Floor as bigtime miners dug under it and caused it to collapse.

Maybe you should do some market research before spouting nonsense.

There were a total of ~350k xpy mined in the sha-256 phase and from what I could tell ~50k was mined by GAW (could be more).

If 100% of the leftover 300k xpy was dumped on the market, then that would eat through only $6m of their whopping $100m floor.

The real cause of the collapse was GAW only putting up half a million dollars to hold the floor instead of $100m.

Also making a 'Market floor' is highly illegal in commodity trading so we could not make a floor.

Please do provide a source for this.

I'd also love to know how GAW's latest investment scheme buyback program gets around that law.

There were big dumps on the exchanges of XPY  at the start which caused the rapid price drop. This should not happen as often now as the coin is mineable through POS only now. Having the POW stage last as long as it did and not limiting the amount of hashrate was a mistake as I beleave there were big mining co. that used there power to mine XPY and cause a huge XPY serge to cause a price drop. This action of purposeful abuse and illegal market manipulation by the BTC community as they felt threatened by XPY being a better long term alternative and we as a community beleave it is still the better long term option as the Current upcomeing crash of BTC is showing it multiple weaknesses.          

You're telling me it's illegal to mine xpy and then sell it later?

#innovation #revolutionary
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2733
Merit: 1181

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:59:04 AM

yes and your point?

im happy you can use the internet, now why don't you use in a positive way instead of trying to wreak havoc in these forums?

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
TerryC

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:00:09 AM

So, I believe only the primes were advertised as never obsolete..

Nope.

https://i.imgur.com/Mgnf1EH.png

Cry
geegaw

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:03:55 AM

cyrus.farivar check with any web developer whether a browser plugin in any way shape or from, allows you to buy directly from amazon.com or walmart.com

And while you are about it ask them what they think the meaning of partnership is.

https://archive.today/SWQth 

Second, I already over-stepped our NDA once by disclosing partnerships, and I won't do it again. All I will say is that if any company announced our partnership, they would be in violation of their NDA with us, too. We will respect and honor our agreements until the time that we can disclose them.

Paycoin will be able to be used at tier-one merchants, either directly or through a debit card in the coming months.

@GAWCEO said: I can confirm that I personally verified the original announcement and the word "partnership" was never used

Check with those web developers what their recommended punishment should be for liars.

███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 01:05:42 AM

Don't know why you would bring up a Known Scam group such as KNCminer to try to prove some point. You people need to do your market research to see what happened to the Floor as bigtime miners dug under it and caused it to collapse. Also making a 'Market floor' is highly illegal in commodity trading so we could not make a floor. There were big dumps on the exchanges of XPY  at the start which caused the rapid price drop. This should not happen as often now as the coin is mineable through POS only now. Having the POW stage last as long as it did and not limiting the amount of hashrate was a mistake as I beleave there were big mining co. that used there power to mine XPY and cause a huge XPY serge to cause a price drop. This action of purposeful abuse and illegal market manipulation by the BTC community as they felt threatened by XPY being a better long term alternative and we as a community beleave it is still the better long term option as the Current upcomeing crash of BTC is showing it multiple weaknesses.          

That was a post by Josh Garza on KnC forums, and it is directly relevant to the "point".

"bigtime miners" may have owned merely ~300k XPY out of ~12.3+ million, i.e. less than 3%. The rest of your post is full of contradictions as well. So was the promised floor illegal or not? Was GAW's attempt to manipulate the market with the floor illegal or not? How does it now become "illegal market manipulation by the BTC community"? I know these are all popular myths on HT but when you put them all together they don't sound any more credible. If you have sources to back it all up, please do.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 01:08:42 AM

im happy you can use the internet, now why don't you use in a positive way instead of trying to wreak havoc in these forums?

Why don't you take your own advice.

why don't YOU check?

are you not allowed to use the phone yet?

get some sleep, it might be past your bedtime.

Did your mom let you use the computer again kid?

You speak so much filth it hurts me to read it.

Don't be sad, we will think of you when we are looking back at history and the outcome of this ridiculous show, which you my friend are the 'court jester'

have a nice day!  oh and it's getting late,  make sure you get enough rest for school ..."your" bus picks you up pretty early in the morning I hear. Don't want to sound like a fool in school now. Smiley
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:09:51 AM

Second, I already over-stepped our NDA once by disclosing partnerships, and I won't do it again. All I will say is that if any company announced our partnership, they would be in violation of their NDA with us, too. We will respect and honor our agreements until the time that we can disclose them.

Paycoin will be able to be used at tier-one merchants, either directly or through a debit card in the coming months.

@GAWCEO said: I can confirm that I personally verified the original announcement and the word "partnership" was never used

Check with those web developers what their recommended punishment should be for liars.

Our partners got upset that I released their names ahead of time, so now I have to mind my P's and Q

https://hashtalk.org/topic/16853/all-is-well-in-the-land

Short summary:
We said a few things before our partners were ready for folks to hear it.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/17485/large-merchants
jfabritz

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

Cryptocoin Dabbler

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:16:55 AM

Start by asking properly your question.
The real journalistic question is : What do you think about your Gaw investment? Are you satisfied or did you feel abused?

Maybe he has plenty of people who are satisfied, he is looking for people who really feel like they were "scammed"?

Maybe you should write a similar story and see if you can do a better job. I'd read it with an unbiased opinion, just like I would read the OP's piece, and make my own decision.
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2733
Merit: 1181

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:20:53 AM

Why don't you take your own advice.

why don't YOU check?

are you not allowed to use the phone yet?

get some sleep, it might be past your bedtime.

Did your mom let you use the computer again kid?

You speak so much filth it hurts me to read it.

Don't be sad, we will think of you when we are looking back at history and the outcome of this ridiculous show, which you my friend are the 'court jester'

have a nice day!  oh and it's getting late,  make sure you get enough rest for school ..."your" bus picks you up pretty early in the morning I hear. Don't want to sound like a fool in school now. Smiley

Thanks, I will, I am done with trying to talk to children with an agenda.

You guys can play by yourselves in your own treehouse conspiracy club.

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
TerryC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:21:59 AM

Our partners got upset that I released their names ahead of time, so now I have to mind my P's and Q

https://hashtalk.org/topic/16853/all-is-well-in-the-land

Short summary:
We said a few things before our partners were ready for folks to hear it.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/17485/large-merchants

Do you have a link as to where this came from?
(@GAWCEO said: I can confirm that I personally verified the original announcement and the word "partnership" was never used) I can't find the "original announcement" either if you have that..
geegaw

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:27:14 AM

Why?

Don't believe him?

https://archive.today/1wY88

███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
TerryC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:28:55 AM

Why?

Don't believe him?

https://archive.today/1wY88

Thanks! No, I just wanted to see the facts for myself.. Smiley Any chance you have a link to the original announcement??
geegaw

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:34:08 AM

All you need is right there including all originals. The rest is hidden in their hidey-hole, username and password required.

███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
pacopaco

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:34:39 AM

You better start writing about LTCgear.com. They are almost a confirmed scam and if they are, they are running with millions of dollars as we speak!
Maybe there is still time to save those funds before they are long gone. They are still a very hot subject:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=759743.0
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=6401.0
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=22563.0

GAW is probably one of the few legit cloud mining companies in crypto industry so i would suggest you to leave them alone for now.
TerryC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:36:15 AM

All you need is right there including all originals. The rest is hidden in their hidey-hole, username and password required.

Yes, I found it, thanks..

I do believe they are legit even though some things don't go as planned.. A large scale POS coin with merchants and a debit card and much faster transaction times sounds more like the future rather than to keep building expensive energy sucking electronics to make a small amount of btc a day..
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 01:42:52 AM

A large scale POS coin with merchants and a debit card and much faster transaction times sounds more like the future.

I'm sorry, which coin is that?
TerryC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:48:15 AM

A large scale POS coin with merchants and a debit card and much faster transaction times sounds more like the future.

I'm sorry, which coin is that?

Ummm.. XPY It's still being built!
Sithra

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:50:25 AM

Scammed?  Huh

I have coins in an offline wallet that are steadily paying interest whilst also increasing in value.
I have coins online that, whilst not at the much maligned $20 floor, can be escrowed for a guaranteed $20 on February 1st

If I were to sell all of my coins NOW I would have ROI - even at current prices.

Try measuring BTC to those standards and you will find that currency sadly lacking - I've lost thousands in offline mining & online scams.

What is it about a coin designed to introduce everyday people to cryptocurrency that so incenses the bitcoin community?

My journey with GAW has had some pitfalls, but has been far more profitable than some of the gouging I suffered at the hands of some of the biggest BTC cloudminers ... try looking there for a story! CEX & their ever-increasing fees have destroyed many first-time miners...

I'm disappointed that Paycoin has not been an instant success - but with the vitriol poured upon it by reddit, so-called journalists & the btc-centric community - I'm happy to stick with innovation and gradually reap the rewards.

A satisfied GAW customer since the beginnings.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 02:01:25 AM

Try measuring BTC to those standards and you will find that currency sadly lacking - I've lost thousands in offline mining & online scams.

What is it about a coin designed to introduce everyday people to cryptocurrency that so incenses the bitcoin community?

There is nothing of that sort. If you were honest about that question you'd find that most criticism around XPY does not involve BTC in any way, shape, or form, except for one glaring fact - GAW itself does not take XPY as payment for any of its products or services, but happily takes BTC and USD. Think about that for a minute.

Let me ask you instead - why does XPY need its supporters to denigrate bitcoin? Shouldn't the currency so advanced and innovative be able to stand on its own merits?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: