Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:34:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kim Dotcom looking for suggestions on payments  (Read 10001 times)
apetersson (OP)

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 07:16:29 AM

from: https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/222759825526890496

Quote from: KimdDotcom
The world needs online payment alternatives to US based Credit Cards & Paypal. Send me your suggestions and ideas: Twitter@kim.com
Rick Falkvinge and others already pointed him to Bitcoin.
Given that he has some issues with frozen funds he has a lot of incentive to see Bitcoin grow.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 07:52:31 AM

Make this happen.

Kim must hate the US more than anyone. Imagine if BTC/tor hidden services became the new way to pay for/access illegal downloads.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 09:24:29 AM

It will be interesting to see MegaMusic+BTC  Grin

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:27:51 AM

MegaBitcoin ?

Luceo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 09:41:55 AM

Sent him an e-mail.

Tachikoma

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:43:57 AM

He really could throw bitcoin into the mainstream if he launches bitcoin support for his new music service.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:47:24 AM

He really could throw bitcoin into the mainstream if he launches bitcoin support for his new music service.
Do we already want this though?

Tachikoma

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:48:56 AM

He really could throw bitcoin into the mainstream if he launches bitcoin support for his new music service.

I can't speak for everybody, but yeah I would want this. I want to be able to have my whole product chain using bitcoins, at this moment I still need to exchange to USD to pay for certain parts of it. Mainstream means more merchants, which is a good thing.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 12:34:33 PM

If he accepts Bitcoin it would be a very good news

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 12:35:51 PM

Do want.

World

Activity: 743

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 12:45:20 PM

has had a strong response on Twitter

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 12:46:04 PM

He really could throw bitcoin into the mainstream if he launches bitcoin support for his new music service.

I can't speak for everybody, but yeah I would want this. I want to be able to have my whole product chain using bitcoins, at this moment I still need to exchange to USD to pay for certain parts of it. Mainstream means more merchants, which is a good thing.

As much as I would want this, I don't think Bitcoin is ready yet. Look at how much faster the blockchain is growing with a popular service such as SatoshiDice, which only caters towards Bitcoin users. Now imagine a giant such as MegaUpload, which caters to a much much wider audience, starts using Bitcoin. The blockchain growth would be out of control. Coming up with and implementing features to keep the blockchain growth in check should be top priority right now in my opinion.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 12:48:05 PM

As much as I would want this, I don't think Bitcoin is ready yet. Look at how much faster the blockchain is growing with a popular service such as SatoshiDice, which only caters towards Bitcoin users. Now imagine a giant such as MegaUpload, which caters to a much much wider audience, starts using Bitcoin. The blockchain growth would be out of control. Coming up with and implementing features to keep the blockchain growth in check should be top priority right now in my opinion.

+1
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 12:50:40 PM

As I always say, nothing gets features implemented like the imminent catastrophe!

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 12:55:44 PM

Sent him an e-mail.

+1

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:01:01 PM

uploaded.to already takes bitcoins... if all file sharing sites did, it would be awesome
Ocean6

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:01:29 PM

Time to scratch together more for buying BTC!!!

Life is What you Make it!
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:09:32 PM

Sure  Roll Eyes
Folks where up and downloading gigabytes per DAY using MegaUpload - I am pretty sure they can handle something as laughable tiny as the blockchain.
Nice try, tho
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:16:57 PM

Rick Falkvinge's tweet suggesting Bitcoin was retweeted to Dotcom's ~90,000 followers:

mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:17:15 PM

Sure  Roll Eyes
Folks where up and downloading gigabytes per DAY using MegaUpload - I am pretty sure they can handle something as laughable tiny as the blockchain.
Nice try, tho

I don't think he was referring to megaupload themselves handling the blockchain, but everyone else who needs the blockchain dealing with it.  It seems that the rapidly increasing blockchain size is something of a major hurdle atm.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: