Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:38:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kim Dotcom looking for suggestions on payments  (Read 10006 times)
apetersson (OP)

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 07:16:29 AM

from: https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/222759825526890496

Quote from: KimdDotcom
The world needs online payment alternatives to US based Credit Cards & Paypal. Send me your suggestions and ideas: Twitter@kim.com
Rick Falkvinge and others already pointed him to Bitcoin.
Given that he has some issues with frozen funds he has a lot of incentive to see Bitcoin grow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 07:52:31 AM

Make this happen.

Kim must hate the US more than anyone. Imagine if BTC/tor hidden services became the new way to pay for/access illegal downloads.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 09:24:29 AM

It will be interesting to see MegaMusic+BTC  Grin

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:27:51 AM

MegaBitcoin ?

Luceo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 09:41:55 AM

Sent him an e-mail.

Tachikoma

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:43:57 AM

He really could throw bitcoin into the mainstream if he launches bitcoin support for his new music service.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:47:24 AM

He really could throw bitcoin into the mainstream if he launches bitcoin support for his new music service.
Do we already want this though?

Tachikoma

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:48:56 AM

He really could throw bitcoin into the mainstream if he launches bitcoin support for his new music service.

I can't speak for everybody, but yeah I would want this. I want to be able to have my whole product chain using bitcoins, at this moment I still need to exchange to USD to pay for certain parts of it. Mainstream means more merchants, which is a good thing.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 12:34:33 PM

If he accepts Bitcoin it would be a very good news

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 12:35:51 PM

Do want.

World

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 12:45:20 PM

has had a strong response on Twitter

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 12:46:04 PM

He really could throw bitcoin into the mainstream if he launches bitcoin support for his new music service.

I can't speak for everybody, but yeah I would want this. I want to be able to have my whole product chain using bitcoins, at this moment I still need to exchange to USD to pay for certain parts of it. Mainstream means more merchants, which is a good thing.

As much as I would want this, I don't think Bitcoin is ready yet. Look at how much faster the blockchain is growing with a popular service such as SatoshiDice, which only caters towards Bitcoin users. Now imagine a giant such as MegaUpload, which caters to a much much wider audience, starts using Bitcoin. The blockchain growth would be out of control. Coming up with and implementing features to keep the blockchain growth in check should be top priority right now in my opinion.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 12:48:05 PM

As much as I would want this, I don't think Bitcoin is ready yet. Look at how much faster the blockchain is growing with a popular service such as SatoshiDice, which only caters towards Bitcoin users. Now imagine a giant such as MegaUpload, which caters to a much much wider audience, starts using Bitcoin. The blockchain growth would be out of control. Coming up with and implementing features to keep the blockchain growth in check should be top priority right now in my opinion.

+1
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 12:50:40 PM

As I always say, nothing gets features implemented like the imminent catastrophe!

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 12:55:44 PM

Sent him an e-mail.

+1

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:01:01 PM

uploaded.to already takes bitcoins... if all file sharing sites did, it would be awesome
Ocean6

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:01:29 PM

Time to scratch together more for buying BTC!!!

Life is What you Make it!
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:09:32 PM

Sure  Roll Eyes
Folks where up and downloading gigabytes per DAY using MegaUpload - I am pretty sure they can handle something as laughable tiny as the blockchain.
Nice try, tho
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:16:57 PM

Rick Falkvinge's tweet suggesting Bitcoin was retweeted to Dotcom's ~90,000 followers:

mccorvic

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:17:15 PM

Sure  Roll Eyes
Folks where up and downloading gigabytes per DAY using MegaUpload - I am pretty sure they can handle something as laughable tiny as the blockchain.
Nice try, tho

I don't think he was referring to megaupload themselves handling the blockchain, but everyone else who needs the blockchain dealing with it.  It seems that the rapidly increasing blockchain size is something of a major hurdle atm.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Ferroh

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:17:20 PM

I added a tweet:

https://twitter.com/FerrohDotCom/status/223042058900877314

As for other's concerns of the blockchain -- I think we should keep that out of this thread, this issue has been addressed many times. In the short term -- just dont download the blockchain. In the long term, a better solution will be implemented. For now, we can afford a few extra gigabytes on the chain, especially since the influx of bitcoin users would create plenty of incentive to implement a shorter blockchain solution faster.
Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 01:20:40 PM

With popularity among consumers, comes interest from new developers, perhaps even with a fresh pair of eyes, to help build our infrastructure and take their own piece of the Bitcoin pie.

aq

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:35:04 PM

Sure  Roll Eyes
Nice try, tho

I don't think he was referring to megaupload themselves handling the blockchain, but everyone else who needs the blockchain dealing with it.  It seems that the rapidly increasing blockchain size is something of a major hurdle atm.

I was talking about the actual users. Who do you think was downloading all those HD movies of several GBs on MegaUpload?
The blockchain is smaller than one of those HD movies - dont even look at those 20GB+ BR rips.
And there are tons of web sites out there, where people watch movies in realtime, streaming it. And you really thing someone cares about a few GB?
So yes the blockchain probably is too large for the 90s - welcome to more than a decade later Wink
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:37:27 PM

I will leave bitcoin instantly if it becomes mainstream, I'm too hipster for that.

But can't really comment much on that, I'm having severe existential crisis because hating mainstream is nowadays too mainstream, and I can't deal with myself any more having problems like this.

mccorvic

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:37:50 PM

Sure  Roll Eyes
Nice try, tho

I was talking about the actual users. Who do you think was downloading all those HD movies of several GBs on MegaUpload?
The blockchain is smaller than one of those HD movies - dont even look at those 20GB+ BR rips.
And there are tons of web sites out there, where people watch movies in realtime, streaming it. And you really thing someone cares about a few GB?
So yes the blockchain probably is too large for the 90s - welcome to more than a decade later Wink

There has been a lot of discussion on the topic that I think you need to catch up on.  Do a couple searches on the forum.  

fornit

Activity: 991

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:43:08 PM

uploaded.to already takes bitcoins... if all file sharing sites did, it would be awesome

see sig.
maybe not all, but indirectly through premiumize.me you get something between 10-20 including all the most popular ones. i got a 180-day subcription there bought for 20€ in bitcoins (5btc at the time) and even though i dont download that much its really terribly convenient to have access to pretty much everything you might come across without even having to login. filehoster access with btc is pretty much a solved problem imho.

anyways, having him on board would still be good news, even if its just for the publicity at first.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:50:02 PM

With popularity among consumers, comes interest from new developers, perhaps even with a fresh pair of eyes, to help build our infrastructure and take their own piece of the Bitcoin pie.

This.

Also those worried about Bitcoin growing too fast ... don't.  Growth which is "too fast" can't happen in a free market.  It can only happen where artificial subsidies (i.e govt, Federal Reserve, natural monopolies) prevent the free market from functioning properly to curb growth.

If bitcoin popularity outpaces the technical development (solutions for blockchain size, processing cost, wallet ease of use) then that technical deficiency will act as a constraint to slow further growth.  It also creates a huge financial incentive to build better solutions. 
aq

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:52:31 PM

Sure  Roll Eyes
Nice try, tho

There has been a lot of discussion on the topic that I think you need to catch up on.  Do a couple searches on the forum.  

So if someone repeats FUD long enough it will magically turn true?
The blockchain size is only a hypothetical issue.
Even my cellphone could handle a full client for the next few years.

Back to subject, I hope the Kim realizes that when he had done MegaUpload using Bitcoins, the FBI would had a hard time freezing those.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:54:32 PM

Back to subject, I hope the Kim realizes that when he had done MegaUpload using Bitcoins, the FBI would had a hard time freezing those.

already wrote him a mail about that...
and the nice pseudonymity features...which makes it impossible to be sure to seize ALL funds
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:57:42 PM

see sig.
maybe not all, but indirectly through premiumize.me you get something between 10-20 including all the most popular ones. i got a 180-day subcription there bought for 20€ in bitcoins (5btc at the time) and even though i dont download that much its really terribly convenient to have access to pretty much everything you might come across without even having to login. filehoster access with btc is pretty much a solved problem imho.

anyways, having him on board would still be good news, even if its just for the publicity at first.

Thanks! I'll check it out.
mccorvic

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 02:44:52 PM

Now that I think of it, I'm actually kind of surprised that someone like KimDotcom hasn't already heard of bitcoin.  You'd think that someone in his position would have come across it long ago. 

Maybe he has heard of it, but from his short tweet it sure doesn't.

Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 02:47:11 PM

Now that I think of it, I'm actually kind of surprised that someone like KimDotcom hasn't already heard of bitcoin.  You'd think that someone in his position would have come across it long ago.  

Mafia enterprises doesnt allways know about the latest technologies, if they make money they rarely look beyond the imminent problems until its too late. Just a bit of history, Capone got away with alot but eventually fell from "grace" due to not thinking properly about his accounting affairs. Wink

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
mccorvic

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 02:49:46 PM

Now that I think of it, I'm actually kind of surprised that someone like KimDotcom hasn't already heard of bitcoin.  You'd think that someone in his position would have come across it long ago.  

Mafia enterprises doesnt allways know about the latest technologies, if they make money they rarely look beyond the imminent problems until its too late. Just a bit of history, Capone got away with alot but eventually fell from "grace" due to not thinking properly about his accounting affairs. Wink

Good point  Grin

unclemantis

Activity: 98

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 03:08:09 PM

BTCUMP!

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
Ocean6

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 04:50:53 PM

OR, he is already invested heavily and ready to help run the price up for a pump and dump.

Pirate = or /= to Kim Dotcom?

Hmmmmm.........

Wink

nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 05:10:26 PM

OR, he is already invested heavily and ready to help run the price up for a pump and dump.

Hmmmmm.........

Wink

Well, go to Las Vegas for the convention and see if Pirate is a hugely fat German guy.  My bet is that he dresses like Jack Sparrow.
Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 05:23:03 PM

Kim must hate the US more than anyone. Imagine if BTC/tor hidden services became the new way to pay for/access illegal downloads.

I haven't found much on TOR, but I2P is great for filesharing. TOR's best for anonymous browsing of the public web.
Clipse

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 05:23:50 PM

Hmmmmm.........

Wink

Kim loves playing online games and we all know Pirates dont know about this technology stuff. Wink

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 05:29:57 PM

Until bitcoin gets very big the problem is cashing it out to fiat. Thats the point of failure and as such the government can just seize it there, or tax it or whatever.

Small time, it's easy to use for whatever.

To depend on it for sizeable income or for a large business would kill you.
Realpra

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 05:56:37 PM

I haven't found much on TOR, but I2P is great for filesharing. TOR's best for anonymous browsing of the public web.
Don't know how much protection they need, but with TOR they could operate like SR... although likely only for torrents..

Perhaps just saving funds as BTC and switching servers now and then would be enough.

CoinLab

Activity: 270

1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

We emailed and tweeted him.

It would be great for Bitcoin if MegaBox started accepting it.
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 06:15:21 PM

We emailed and tweeted him.

It would be great for Bitcoin if MegaBox started accepting it.
To bad the guys from Grooveshark didn't want to accept Bitcoin.
Now lets hope Megabox will.

Ocean6

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 06:24:10 PM

Hmmmmm.........

Wink

Well, go to Las Vegas for the convention and see if Pirate is a hugely fat German guy.  My bet is that he dresses like Jack Sparrow.

HAHA!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 06:25:41 PM

As I always say, nothing gets features implemented like the imminent catastrophe!

+5 +3 +3 ++ +9 +3 +3 +5
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
.                                .
     .                       .
         .        +1    .
              .       .
+1 +1 +1 +1      +1 +1 +1
+5 +3 +3 +9 ++ +3 +3 +5

I got depressed till I read the follow-up post.

~Bruno~
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 08:07:02 PM

I'd wait for ASICs to level out the hash-rate thus price before going mainstream.

The number of transactions is not a problem here.
World

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 09:53:30 PM

from @KimDotcom
Megabox is coming within the next 4-6 months. We are making good progress. This innovation is going to make a lot of people happy!
from @coinlab to @KimDotcom
We can make a custom-branded MegaBox bitcoin-mining client. Your customers can earn songs with their idle computers. Emailed you

Something very interesting is about to happen  Grin

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:58:58 PM

from @KimDotcom
Megabox is coming within the next 4-6 months. We are making good progress. This innovation is going to make a lot of people happy!
We can make a custom-branded MegaBox bitcoin-mining client. Your customers can earn songs with their idle computers. Emailed you

Ugh, that's such a terrible model. Already CPUs and random GPUs can't make much, and it sets people up to think Bitcoin is a thing that slows down your computer and doesn't actually get you anything valuable inside of a decade.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Clipse

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 10:00:37 PM

Yeh wtf, get them to ACCEPT bitcoins as purchasing power.

What the hell is up with mining for songs. lol

mccorvic

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 10:01:09 PM

from @KimDotcom

Ugh, that's such a terrible model. Already CPUs and random GPUs can't make much, and it sets people up to think Bitcoin is a thing that slows down your computer and doesn't actually get you anything valuable inside of a decade.

Make bitcoin the next real player! What could possibly go wrong?!  Tongue

I can see lots of ways that this idea could go wrong and few that can go right.

paulie_w

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 10:04:56 PM

from @KimDotcom

Is that right? Using marginal amounts of power per machine, a HUGE pool of GPUs+CPUs wouldn't have any effect?
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 10:12:24 PM

It baffles me how they managed to score $500,000 in seed funding.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 10:29:19 PM

Is that right? Using marginal amounts of power per machine, a HUGE pool of GPUs+CPUs wouldn't have any effect?
Not for the single persons in that pool...

Imagine 10000 users mine enough to buy ~5 songs every day - would you want to be number 10001? Roll Eyes

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
apetersson (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 10:40:19 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2012, 01:41:45 AM by apetersson

i am also sceptical the coinlabs model will work in the light of modern FPGAs, and possibly soon ASICS.
maybe it was a good idea 6 Months ago, but the coming massive diffculty increase with reward halving makes it look like a weak model.
unless you count people overpaying by 15x with their electricity for music/games.
paulie_w

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:03:10 PM

Not for the single persons in that pool...

Imagine 10000 users mine enough to buy ~5 songs every day - would you want to be number 10001? Roll Eyes

i wasn't imagining the coin being for those persons, but mined to support the development of the software.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:06:18 PM

If every Wii sold had a 3.5Gh/s mining ASIC inside it that drew negligible amounts of power, the resulting network security would be absolutely immense. If Megabox could pull off something like this, it would be epic.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:24:59 PM

Interesting.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 11:43:39 PM

from @KimDotcom

They'd make a lot more web-mining for LTC as most people will be mining off there CPU.

mccorvic

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:55:10 PM

from @KimDotcom

They'd make a lot more web-mining for LTC as most people will be mining off there CPU.

Or they could mine for something actually useful, supported, and relevant like BTC.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 12:02:06 AM

If a megabox contained an ASIC chip that could get interesting....

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 12:39:00 AM

Until bitcoin gets very big the problem is cashing it out to fiat. Thats the point of failure and as such the government can just seize it there, or tax it or whatever.

Small time, it's easy to use for whatever.

To depend on it for sizeable income or for a large business would kill you.

Nobody needs to depend on it, and this is an important point. To add Bitcoin support doesn't mean to remove other payment methods. If a company accepted BTC, then BTC got impeded in some way, then the company is no worse off than before it accepted BTC.
Realpra

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 12:23:08 PM

Thread jacking: Why are paypal trying to kill themselves with dropping so many sites?

They must be aware of BTC, yet they push users towards it.

waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 01:05:13 PM

Thread jacking: Why are paypal trying to kill themselves with dropping so many sites?

They are being "persuaded" by MPAA/RIAA probably.
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 01:44:56 PM

i am also sceptical the coinlabs model will work in the light of modern FPGAs, and possibly soon ASICS.
maybe it was a good idea 6 Months ago, but the coming massive diffculty increase with reward halving makes it look like a weak model.
unless you count people overpaying by 15x with their electricity for music/games.

Why do you anticipate a difficulty increase with reward halving in december ? Unless the BTC price doubles, I would anticipate the opposite, miners dropping out.
Only FPGAs and ASICS will cause a (gradual) difficulty increase but we may not see it until mid 2013.
Right now, difficulty is below were it was a year ago.

Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

+1

bitsire

Activity: 223

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 02:28:39 PM

Paypal is most definitely in bed with the MPAA/RIAA. In addition, at heart they are just another ridiculous US-based financial institution that is far far more concerned with regulations and bureaucracy than they are with satisfying their customers.
World

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 04:45:16 PM

Great article on Forbes
Kim Dotcom's Pretrial Legal Funds Would Be Safe With Bitcoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92934.0

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 08:43:22 PM

Kim Dotcom needs ISP with big farm for his services, so the first thing that you have to do is convince an ISP that accept Bitcoin as payment.
After that Kim Dotcom will be really happy to accept Bitcoin as payment system. Convincing Kim Dotcom is the last step.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
World

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 09:50:31 PM

From@KimDotcom  Grin
BREAKING NEWS: 30 sec of the Mr President song (iPhone recording). The Anthem of Internet Freedom - Coming soon.
http://soundcloud.com/kimdotcom/mr-president-sneak-peek

paulie_w

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 10:10:26 PM

Kim Dotcom needs ISP with big farm for his services, so the first thing that you have to do is convince an ISP that accept Bitcoin as payment.
After that Kim Dotcom will be really happy to accept Bitcoin as payment system. Convincing Kim Dotcom is the last step.

to solve this problem he just really needs to create a great distributed, p2p platform.
novusordo

Activity: 800

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:24:44 AM

Maybe the MPAA and RIAA are really on our side and are trying to help Bitcoin, because they have money with Pirate and want the price to skyrocket.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 02:59:39 AM

Maybe the MPAA and RIAA are really on our side and are trying to help Bitcoin, because they have money with Pirate and want the price to skyrocket.

Except the price skyrocketing is bad for pirate if I remember his posts correctly.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
World

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:12:49 PM

From@KimDotcom  Grin
30 seconds of Mr President video - sneak peek. Retweet Smiley
http://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/223806286947549184

I believe he will be definitely on the bitcoin side

aq

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:21:49 PM

most of the time i would guess he is the one moving down the price.
FTFY
World

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 10:37:14 PM

I think this article should be here
http://torrentfreak.com/paypal-bans-major-file-hosting-services-over-piracy-concerns-120710/

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:07:17 AM

So if someone repeats FUD long enough it will magically turn true?
The blockchain size is only a hypothetical issue.
Even my cellphone could handle a full client for the next few years.

This sort of reminds me of the guy who said that the worldwide demand for computers would be four or five, and they guy who decided that 4x10^6 IPv4 addresses should be plenty.  The chief difference is that the guys who made these two mistakes give every indication of having been clever people who understood the technology and the market space.

But thanks for reminding me that I would prefer that I would like my store of wealth to be more reliable than my cell phone service so my speculative bet is in Bitcoin and my nest egg is something else.

And I suspect that Mr Dotcom will have as little trouble as almost anyone at assessing the pros, cons, possible risks, and likely rewards of adopting Bitcoin.  But it won't hurt to bless him with your wisdom I suppose.  Maybe he'll caught up a consultant's fee out of thankfulness...but don't hold your breath.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
mokahless

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 05:49:29 AM

This sort of reminds me of the guy who said that the worldwide demand for computers would be four or five, and they guy who decided that 4x10^6 IPv4 addresses should be plenty.  The chief difference is that the guys who made these two mistakes give every indication of having been clever people who understood the technology and the market space.

There are enough. More than enough, even with rich companies hogging entire address ranges with their class A networks. It's called NAT.

So anyway, I've read through this and the articles online and it seems he is completely ignoring the bitcoin suggestions and everyone is ignoring that he is ignoring them. I don't use twitter though. Thoughts on this?

tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:26:04 AM

No one has invited him by twitter to join this thread?

Could be interesting

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
Bro

Activity: 218

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:13:33 PM

he's probably butthurt about bitcoin because one million people asked him 'hey why didn't you use bitcoin?? you would still have all your money!'
mccorvic

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:21:49 PM

There are enough. More than enough, even with rich companies hogging entire address ranges with their class A networks. It's called NAT.

So anyway, I've read through this and the articles online and it seems he is completely ignoring the bitcoin suggestions and everyone is ignoring that he is ignoring them. I don't use twitter though. Thoughts on this?

I just figured he was the average twitter user: just scream endless into the void and hope someone cares....without actually caring what others on twitter say Cheesy

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:50:20 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2012, 01:06:51 PM by psy

How can he be ignoring those suggestons if he is retweeting them? Huh
Have you seen him retweet any other payment provider suggestion besides Bitcoin?
He also retweeted Matonis article on Forbes. https://twitter.com/ForbesTech/status/223409880755740672
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 12:54:42 PM

When it comes down to it bitcoin is the only choice that he can use that a government somewhere cant seize so it should be really attractive to him. If he supports it I will be so buying a megabox.

mccorvic

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:56:41 PM

Have you seen him retweet any other payment provider suggestion besides Bitcoin?
He also retweeted Matonis article on Forbes. https://twitter.com/ForbesTech/status/223409880755740672

I was trying to make more of a joke commenting on my opinion of twitter than anything  Grin

But if he is actually seeming interested, all the better.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 01:05:47 PM

I was trying to make more of a joke commenting on my opinion of twitter than anything  Grin

But if he is actually seeming interested, all the better.

My reply was more to the poster you were replying to than to you, sorry about the confusion.
Edited my post for clarity.
mokahless

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:22:37 PM

I thought that was forbes, some business news site, not him. Are you saying he owns forbes? I don't see the part from your link where it is him retweeting it.

As I said, I don't use twitter so I haven't seen any tweets. But I have seen the forbes article that was tweeted there.

My basis for what I am saying comes mainly from this thread, where I have seen no one say anything like:

"he's tweeted his interest in bitcoin"
"he's tweeted that bitcoin could be an option and has asked for more suggestions"
"he's decided to use bitcoin"

stuff like that.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:37:06 PM

This sort of reminds me of the guy who said that the worldwide demand for computers would be four or five, and they guy who decided that 4x10^6 IPv4 addresses should be plenty. ...

NAT is the answer to limited IPv4 addresses in a similar way to buses being an answer to not enough automobiles.  Buses work fairly well, reduce the pain of lack of transportation, and have some advantageous side effects, but at the end of the day there are some significant annoyances, complications, and lack of flexibility.  In network-land these are particularly noticeable today's (hopefully more) p2p-centric environments.  Ah well...after several decades IPv6 seems to be gaining some traction.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:59:49 PM

I thought that was forbes, some business news site, not him. Are you saying he owns forbes? I don't see the part from your link where it is him retweeting it.

As I said, I don't use twitter so I haven't seen any tweets. But I have seen the forbes article that was tweeted there.

My basis for what I am saying comes mainly from this thread, where I have seen no one say anything like:

"he's tweeted his interest in bitcoin"
"he's tweeted that bitcoin could be an option and has asked for more suggestions"
"he's decided to use bitcoin"

stuff like that.

Press the link that says "27 Retweets" and you'll see him listed there. It's also on his Twitter timeline.
You wanted him to take a picture of him jumping and saying "yupiee, bitcoin"?

If he decides to use Bitcoin he better keep it for himself. You'll know when he launches his site.
If he really thinks Bitcoin is an option I'm sure Twitter won't be the place where he'll do his reasearch.

Resuming, you're just talking out of your ass.
mokahless

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 04:18:51 AM

Press the link that says "27 Retweets" and you'll see him listed there. It's also on his Twitter timeline.

If he decides to use Bitcoin he better keep it for himself. You'll know when he launches his site.
If he really thinks Bitcoin is an option I'm sure Twitter won't be the place where he'll do his reasearch.

No need to insult me. I'm not talking out of my ass. I am talking as someone who doesn't use twitter. I sincerely apologize if I have offended or annoyed you or somehow seemed argumentative. My only intention was to convey my own understanding and ask for clarification. Can we please be civilized here?

Anyway, I don't see a link that says "27 retweets" (even ctrl+f on the page). I assume it's because I don't have a twitter account so probably getting a different kind of page. It's good news he's retweeting then Smiley

NAT is the answer to limited IPv4 addresses in a similar way to buses being an answer to not enough automobiles.  Buses work fairly well, reduce the pain of lack of transportation, and have some advantageous side effects, but at the end of the day there are some significant annoyances, complications, and lack of flexibility.  In network-land these are particularly noticeable today's (hopefully more) p2p-centric environments.  Ah well...after several decades IPv6 seems to be gaining some traction.

I'd love a debate Smiley but probably don't want to change the topic of this forum. If you want to continue, feel free to pm me. Metaphors are unnecessary (as I am a network engineering student) and I usually find them confusing and distracting. Not to mention the holes in your metaphor.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 04:31:53 AM

I'd love a debate Smiley but probably don't want to change the topic of this forum. If you want to continue, feel free to pm me. Metaphors are unnecessary (as I am a network engineering student) and I usually find them confusing and distracting. Not to mention the holes in your metaphor.

I'm not a network engineer, but I play one at work.  Most people can figure out how to skim the stuff which doesn't interest them.  Go.

Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 04:46:16 AM

No need to insult me. I'm not talking out of my ass. I am talking as someone who doesn't use twitter. I sincerely apologize if I have offended or annoyed you or somehow seemed argumentative. My only intention was to convey my own understanding and ask for clarification. Can we please be civilized here?

Anyway, I don't see a link that says "27 retweets" (even ctrl+f on the page). I assume it's because I don't have a twitter account so probably getting a different kind of page. It's good news he's retweeting then Smiley

thats new to me... can i play one?
mokahless

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 10:26:18 AM

The above comments confuse me. Did I miss something? Anyway, you obviously know a lot from work and I'd probably learn something from a debate with you.

mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 11:34:20 AM

http://blog.zorinaq.com/?e=48
World

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 07:53:45 PM

From@KimDotcom  Grin
Hi @BarackObama, here is a song for you #MrPresident. Regards, The Internet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MokNvbiRqCM&feature=player_embedded
http://kim.com/

herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 09:33:28 PM

wow he wants to save the world.  Shocked

and no mention of bitcoin still  Angry

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 09:51:24 PM

I must say I hate the song. The lyrics are weak, the music is lame, the FX are just plain annoying, and it's just generally terrible. But if that's what it takes....  I won't stand in the way.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
World

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:49:27 PM

he is active on Facebook ,let's be his friend and teach him about BTC  Grin
https://www.facebook.com/MegaKimDotcom

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:57:29 PM

he is active on Facebook ,let's be his friend and teach him about BTC  Grin
https://www.facebook.com/MegaKimDotcom

I think that's a fake profile... Roll Eyes
World

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 06:16:30 PM

info is from his twitter status,but who knows !!!
http://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/231072514598662144

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 06:19:15 PM

info is from his twitter status,but who knows !!!
http://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/231072514598662144

Then it's probably real Tongue
Looks so empty, besides wall comments from people who friended him lol
World

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 06:00:38 PM

KimDotcom looking Developers
http://twitter.com/KimDotcom
Developers of up/download & file managers, email & fax tools, VOIP & video apps please email twitter@kim.com for early API access.

Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 06:10:19 PM

Excluding those that live/work/host in the USA...

https://torrentfreak.com/new-megaupload-will-be-massive-global-network-to-change-the-world-120828/

KimDotcom looking Developers
http://twitter.com/KimDotcom
Developers of up/download & file managers, email & fax tools, VOIP & video apps please email twitter@kim.com for early API access.

Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 06:37:18 PM

Go Kim, go!

His Facebook account:
Damn, I reached the friends limit on Facebook. Checkout my public figure profile instead & subscribe for latest: https://www.facebook.com/MrKimDotcom

nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 06:51:46 PM

I wonder how many e-mails he has received in the past month, hah.

Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 06:58:10 PM

Probably over 9000

apetersson (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 01:53:16 PM

funny connection from bitcoin to Kim:

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/following

Kim follows two people, one is TPOTUSOA and the other is Max Keiser..
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 03:30:58 PM

yah it seems he will be on Keiser's show

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
World

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 09:35:48 PM

He likes encryption  Grin
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/10/megaupload-mega/
Dotcom, and his Mega partner Mathias Ortmann say the difference is that now those files will first be one-click-encrypted right in a client’s browser, using the so-called Advanced Encryption Standard algorithm. The user is then provided with a second unique key for that file’s decryption.

Dotcom says that according to his legal experts, the only way to stop such a service from existing is to make encryption itself illegal. “And according to the U.N. Charter for Human Rights, privacy is a basic human right,” Dotcom explains. “You have the right to protect your private information and communication against spying.”

jwzguy

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 10:01:23 PM

yah it seems he will be on Keiser's show
What? When?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: