Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:45:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kim Dotcom looking for suggestions on payments  (Read 10003 times)
CoinLab

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

We emailed and tweeted him.

It would be great for Bitcoin if MegaBox started accepting it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 06:15:21 PM

We emailed and tweeted him.

It would be great for Bitcoin if MegaBox started accepting it.
To bad the guys from Grooveshark didn't want to accept Bitcoin.
Now lets hope Megabox will.

Ocean6

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 06:24:10 PM

Now that I think of it, I'm actually kind of surprised that someone like KimDotcom hasn't already heard of bitcoin.  You'd think that someone in his position would have come across it long ago.  

Maybe he has heard of it, but from his short tweet it sure doesn't.

Mafia enterprises doesnt allways know about the latest technologies, if they make money they rarely look beyond the imminent problems until its too late. Just a bit of history, Capone got away with alot but eventually fell from "grace" due to not thinking properly about his accounting affairs. Wink

OR, he is already invested heavily and ready to help run the price up for a pump and dump.

Pirate = or /= to Kim Dotcom?

Hmmmmm.........

Wink

Well, go to Las Vegas for the convention and see if Pirate is a hugely fat German guy.  My bet is that he dresses like Jack Sparrow.

HAHA!

Life is What you Make it!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 06:25:41 PM

As much as I would want this, I don't think Bitcoin is ready yet. Look at how much faster the blockchain is growing with a popular service such as SatoshiDice, which only caters towards Bitcoin users. Now imagine a giant such as MegaUpload, which caters to a much much wider audience, starts using Bitcoin. The blockchain growth would be out of control. Coming up with and implementing features to keep the blockchain growth in check should be top priority right now in my opinion.

As I always say, nothing gets features implemented like the imminent catastrophe!

+5 +3 +3 ++ +9 +3 +3 +5
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
.                                .
     .                       .
         .        +1    .
              .       .
+1 +1 +1 +1      +1 +1 +1
+5 +3 +3 +9 ++ +3 +3 +5

I got depressed till I read the follow-up post.

~Bruno~
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 08:07:02 PM

I'd wait for ASICs to level out the hash-rate thus price before going mainstream.

The number of transactions is not a problem here.
World

Activity: 743

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 09:53:30 PM

from @KimDotcom
Megabox is coming within the next 4-6 months. We are making good progress. This innovation is going to make a lot of people happy!
from @coinlab to @KimDotcom
We can make a custom-branded MegaBox bitcoin-mining client. Your customers can earn songs with their idle computers. Emailed you

Something very interesting is about to happen  Grin

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 09:58:58 PM

from @KimDotcom
Megabox is coming within the next 4-6 months. We are making good progress. This innovation is going to make a lot of people happy!
We can make a custom-branded MegaBox bitcoin-mining client. Your customers can earn songs with their idle computers. Emailed you

Ugh, that's such a terrible model. Already CPUs and random GPUs can't make much, and it sets people up to think Bitcoin is a thing that slows down your computer and doesn't actually get you anything valuable inside of a decade.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 10:00:37 PM

Yeh wtf, get them to ACCEPT bitcoins as purchasing power.

What the hell is up with mining for songs. lol

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 10:01:09 PM

from @KimDotcom

Ugh, that's such a terrible model. Already CPUs and random GPUs can't make much, and it sets people up to think Bitcoin is a thing that slows down your computer and doesn't actually get you anything valuable inside of a decade.

Make bitcoin the next real player! What could possibly go wrong?!  Tongue

I can see lots of ways that this idea could go wrong and few that can go right.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
paulie_w

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 10:04:56 PM

from @KimDotcom

Is that right? Using marginal amounts of power per machine, a HUGE pool of GPUs+CPUs wouldn't have any effect?
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 10:12:24 PM

It baffles me how they managed to score $500,000 in seed funding.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 10:29:19 PM

Is that right? Using marginal amounts of power per machine, a HUGE pool of GPUs+CPUs wouldn't have any effect?
Not for the single persons in that pool...

Imagine 10000 users mine enough to buy ~5 songs every day - would you want to be number 10001? Roll Eyes

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
apetersson (OP)

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 10:40:19 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2012, 01:41:45 AM by apetersson

i am also sceptical the coinlabs model will work in the light of modern FPGAs, and possibly soon ASICS.
maybe it was a good idea 6 Months ago, but the coming massive diffculty increase with reward halving makes it look like a weak model.
unless you count people overpaying by 15x with their electricity for music/games.
paulie_w

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:03:10 PM

Not for the single persons in that pool...

Imagine 10000 users mine enough to buy ~5 songs every day - would you want to be number 10001? Roll Eyes

i wasn't imagining the coin being for those persons, but mined to support the development of the software.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:06:18 PM

If every Wii sold had a 3.5Gh/s mining ASIC inside it that drew negligible amounts of power, the resulting network security would be absolutely immense. If Megabox could pull off something like this, it would be epic.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:24:59 PM

Interesting.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 11:43:39 PM

from @KimDotcom

They'd make a lot more web-mining for LTC as most people will be mining off there CPU.

mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:55:10 PM

from @KimDotcom

They'd make a lot more web-mining for LTC as most people will be mining off there CPU.

Or they could mine for something actually useful, supported, and relevant like BTC.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 12:02:06 AM

If a megabox contained an ASIC chip that could get interesting....

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 12:39:00 AM

Until bitcoin gets very big the problem is cashing it out to fiat. Thats the point of failure and as such the government can just seize it there, or tax it or whatever.

Small time, it's easy to use for whatever.

To depend on it for sizeable income or for a large business would kill you.

Nobody needs to depend on it, and this is an important point. To add Bitcoin support doesn't mean to remove other payment methods. If a company accepted BTC, then BTC got impeded in some way, then the company is no worse off than before it accepted BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: