Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 05:36:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Modify S5 Antminer to watercooling  (Read 15730 times)
syscooling (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:15:00 AM

Thank you for the cool project and experiment!

If you could, please mention   that any hardware modification will void Bitmain Warranty Qualification, if you could....

But,  what about the 4 data cables and 1x 4 pin power cables for controller board? They need to do a longer or replace it.

Your advice is appreciated.Untill now we extend cables ourselves,and trying to find longer cables in market or find a factory for custom-made cables.Later I will provide solution.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:44:51 AM

Watecooling Components:Modify S5 Antminer to Watercooling Miner

Components include cover,waterblock and fans, you could order 8 hash boards from Bitmain, and assemble a watercooling S5 miner by yourself.

1 controller receives only signal from 4 hash boards. Do I need for this projekt  two controllers ?
Yes you need to order two contollers.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:05:15 AM

I think so, the divider looks like you can attach a controller card to each side.  I just don't get why it looks like there are 4 Ethernet openings between the fans (looks like they've upgraded to 140mm fans).  I'm also curious what type of cooling kit will be offered?  I don't think the C1 cooling kit will be enough to cool it.  Or will it be the big kit and that will be enough to cool 2 of these?

EDIT:  I see now, 4 controller cards (do the other ports not work on the S5 controller card then, shouldn't you only need 2 of these with 4 S5's?), 2 on each side of the divider, equal to 4 S5's (8 blades/boards) or that was the original design, so yes it's probably one of the big radiator kits for each of these since it's 2400 watts.
Actually 2 of 4 Ethernet openings will be used,previous controller could only support two hash boards,but now hardware have updated,every controller could support four.We just consider that some people already have S5,and want to modify it to watercooling,and we prepare 4 Ethernet openings in case that their hardware couldn't update.
C1 watercooling kits could be used.Both sides need to be installed fans,and this modified miner need two kits.

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:07:32 AM

I think so, the divider looks like you can attach a controller card to each side.  I just don't get why it looks like there are 4 Ethernet openings between the fans.  I'm also curious what type of cooling kit will be offered?  I don't think the C1 cooling kit will be enough to cool it.  Or will it be the big kit and that will be enough to cool 2 of these?

EDIT:  I see now, 4 controller cards (do the other ports not work on the S5 controller card then, shouldn't you only need 2 of these with 4 S5's?), 2 on each side of the divider, equal to 8 S5's or that was the original design, so yes it's probably one of the big radiator kits for each of these since it's 2400 watts.

Today I received   SC-BC2 antiminner cooling kit   http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=46
He has a huge and quiet.

One controller card works for me with 2 Antminer S5 ( together 4 blades )
BC2 kit is really strong,especially for those who have multiple miners like you. Wink

Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:14:03 AM

What other components are you providing to cool the roughly ~2KW? Same as C1 kit?
C1 kit is OK,but both sides of radiator need to be installed fans.1 C1 kit could support 4 hash boards,the whole miner need two kits.

How about water distributors?  These are not included in this ANT BC1 mining cooling kit . http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=45

EDIT. Got it. What is needed is a set of two ANT BC1 mining cooling kit.
syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:23:58 AM

Looks like this will need at least two 1300 G2 power supply, using all the PCIe connectors (4 single + 2 double connectors = 8 ) that come with it, on each side.  With 2x 1600w power supply you may be able to add an additional S5 to the setup (=1200w x2 + 600w = 3000w), but will need to purchase a couple of extra PCIe single connector cables per power supply if you want to add the additional S5, by the way the T2 Titanium has been released).  Hopefully it'll be enough to power the 8 additional fans and the pump also.  Would have preferred the controller cards at the top with just 1 per side (=2) like the current S5, if it needed 4 then one facing each direction (front and back) may have been better if the lower board was slightly shorter and only half the length of the S5.  I'm estimating that the kit and additional S2 big radiator kit will be about $300 plus shipping (4 watercooling blocks = @$100, cooling kit $120, enclosure, cables and 2 fans =@$60).

Are these the same watercooling blocks that fit the S3/C1's with just a different screw hole location on one side of the watercooling block?

Each hash board is about 295w,I think one 1300w power supply could only support 3 boards.I am using 3 1000w power supply to support 5 boards.
The waterblock is the same as C1's.

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:26:39 AM

This is an amazing mod!

If anyone got one of these up & running can u please let me know??
I am running 5 boards with these components,but I couldn't find somewhere to upload picture,later I will show you.

IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:29:03 AM

When are you expecting to have this for sale and when will you have an answer for the longer cables?
syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:29:56 AM

How is the noise of these things?
I have 4 s5's with s3 fans on both sides, but it is still to loud for my girlfriend.
Maby I can make them watercooled, I want to run them at 350 or 375.
Much more quiet than air cooled S5,that's exactly why we do these things.

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:38:08 AM

If that is like a 2*c1 side by side, why not make 3*c1 side by side, also 1*c1 but with s5 blades, c2?!

Also: it should be only 1 controller for al boards
         use 14cm fans! not the screaming 12cm from s5
Bitmain works on developing miners,and we work on how to modify miners to provide better experience .;)If you want to assemble "C2",we might some day show it to you!
The fan is 120mm,1 controller could just support 4 hash boards.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 06:55:45 AM

If that is like a 2*c1 side by side, why not make 3*c1 side by side, also 1*c1 but with s5 blades, c2?!

Bitmain works on developing miners,and we work on how to modify miners to provide better experience .;)If you want to assemble "C2",we might some day show it to you!

Just to confirm, that's not an 'official' / rumour of an 'official' C2. Its just Syscooling's kit's name.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 06:57:53 AM

This would be a lot more attractive if Bitmain would ship bare boards.

You will also need the cables, screws  and springs.
Screws and springs are easy enough to source, though they could include them. I would envision the cables being included in a kit consisting of a BBB, the controller board, four hashing boards and the needed cables. It's nonsensical to purchase the aircooling heatsinks, fans, extra controller and plastic bits just to ship all that weight across the world and then strip it down and throw it away. Tongue

The problem with kits is they require more work than miners! A full miner has to be built [heatsinks, case, fan etc] to quality test the hashing boards - the same as a normal unit. But they then have to be disassembled and cleaned in order to be sold as board only kits. That's time consuming = more expensive / not as cost efficient as one might imagine.

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:33:18 AM

How about some kit for ant s4?
How do you know we are testing S4 modified kits? Grin Not long,don't be hurry.

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:34:45 AM

Yes they will do.

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:39:32 AM

Screws and springs are easy enough to source, though they could include them. I would envision the cables being included in a kit consisting of a BBB, the controller board, four hashing boards and the needed cables. It's nonsensical to purchase the aircooling heatsinks, fans, extra controller and plastic bits just to ship all that weight across the world and then strip it down and throw it away. Tongue
In a modified S5,you need to purchase 8 boards,2 controllers,screws,and cables of appropriate length(about 17cm,when sure I will post here).

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:48:29 AM

When are you expecting to have this for sale and when will you have an answer for the longer cables?
You could purchase appropriate cables from Bitmain,2 are about 10cm(default length),6 are 16cm.
Right now I just post a thread here to show you about it,and take advice from you genius men,not long it will appear at Syscooling online shop.

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:18:58 AM

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:32:34 AM

What other components are you providing to cool the roughly ~2KW? Same as C1 kit?
C1 kit is OK,but both sides of radiator need to be installed fans.1 C1 kit could support 4 hash boards,the whole miner need two kits.

How about water distributors?  These are not included in this ANT BC1 mining cooling kit . http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=45

EDIT. Got it. What is needed is a set of two ANT BC1 mining cooling kit.
Include two distributors of this type.

Need two BC1 kits and 6 extra fans.

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:36:21 AM

Just to confirm, that's not an 'official' / rumour of an 'official' C2. Its just Syscooling's kit's name.
Cheesy Its not Syscooling's name,just copy from smart man's idea.

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:39:14 AM

The problem with kits is they require more work than miners! A full miner has to be built [heatsinks, case, fan etc] to quality test the hashing boards - the same as a normal unit. But they then have to be disassembled and cleaned in order to be sold as board only kits. That's time consuming = more expensive / not as cost efficient as one might imagine.
Exactly.But if users could assemble by self and make no mistake,it will save a lot.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: