Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:14:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Modify S5 Antminer to watercooling  (Read 15730 times)
syscooling (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:51:40 AM

Sorry,gentlemen, I am so sorry that we couldn't provide water-cooled S5 business.

As you can see in Bitmain website,with the rising of bitcoin,the price of water-cooled S5 rise,too.And if we go on doing water-cooled S5 business,the price would be risen to $1633,that's too expensive.Unfortunately,lead time is about 1 week,shipping time is about 1 week,nobody knows how will the value of bitcoin be and how much will watercooled S5 be in 2 weeks,for you and for us,we both couldn't take this risk.

So,I am so sorry again to say that we still only provide modified kits,and you could modify air-cooled S5 to water-cooled.As far as I know,if you purchase large amount of hash boards,Bitmain will do this business.They disassemble boards from miner,if you order too little,it is not convenient.But what amount is large enough,I don't know,you could ask if you are intersted.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 02:11:08 AM

Angry Sad Cry Damn!!! Angry Sad Cry Damn!!! Angry Sad Cry Damn!!! Angry Sad Cry Damn!!!
syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 02:18:48 AM

Angry Sad Cry Damn!!! Angry Sad Cry Damn!!! Angry Sad Cry Damn!!! Angry Sad Cry Damn!!!
That's so unpleasant I know,everything changes too fastly,we couldn't forsee Cry

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
buysolar

Activity: 125
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:35:30 AM

I don't know why bitmain doesn't sell us the upgrade kits for s1's and water cooled systems? What is the big deal. In this thread alone I saw people wanting to order over a 100 boards. Bitmaintech needs to decide whether they are miners or mining hardware dealers, because at this point they are just ticking off potential customers, driving away business and hurting their brand image.
mavericklm

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:35:00 PM

making a c2 would be the right thing to do with the s5 noise. imagine a single case with 3*c2(~7th/s) with inside pump and a long single pipe in pipe going to a big ass radiator, that you can place wherever the fuck you want!
syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:08:52 AM

I don't know why bitmain doesn't sell us the upgrade kits for s1's and water cooled systems? What is the big deal. In this thread alone I saw people wanting to order over a 100 boards. Bitmaintech needs to decide whether they are miners or mining hardware dealers, because at this point they are just ticking off potential customers, driving away business and hurting their brand image.
Maybe it is unconvenient for them to do so Roll Eyes

syscooling (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:12:31 AM

making a c2 would be the right thing to do with the s5 noise. imagine a single case with 3*c2(~7th/s) with inside pump and a long single pipe in pipe going to a big ass radiator, that you can place wherever the fuck you want!
That's a good idea,but bitcoin value changes all the time,is it worthy of doing so?

mavericklm

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:25:51 AM

For some yes, but for most ppl it is not worth Embarrassed

Atm i'm looking for an electric boiler with coil for steam&hot water. This way i will not trow away the heat and have warm water(~40c) at the sink but also washing machines!
buysolar

Activity: 125
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:46:58 AM

For some yes, but for most ppl it is not worth Embarrassed

Atm i'm looking for an electric boiler with coil for steam&hot water. This way i will not trow away the heat and have warm water(~40c) at the sink but also washing machines!

Yes I'm also planning on using the liquid cooled miners to heat the water in my hot water tank. One of these 8 board S5's running at 2400watts should be more than enough for the average family. I even installed a heat sink for dumping the excess heat when the hot water tank hits the right temperature. Once I dig in the pool, I'll be able to use them to heat the pool as well. Right now it's 9 degrees fahrenheit outside and my whole house is being heated to a very comfortable 72 degrees fahrenheit by air cooled miners in the basement radiating heat through the floors. By using the heat from the miners we get to radically extend their usable life cycle. Once I've completed my solar pv system my site will be 100% self sufficient, the only reason for me to swap out miners is due to hardware failure or to increase mining density per unit of energy consumed. This is why mega farm commercial operations have trouble competing with small home mining operations. However I do have quite a few wonderful dual purposing solutions for them that would substantially increase their profitability.       
IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:14:24 PM

Here's a question I've got still.  Tupsu, Why aren't you using the heatsinks that are placed on the other side of the boards from the waterblocks with the S5 boards?  Do they not fit?  The C1 has them on the both sides.  I thought at first the chips where just on the opposite (inside) on the S5, but after someone posted a pic. of one of his chips burned out on the S5 thread, it made me think that that's not the case and the chips could use the heatsinks in addition to the waterblocks.

I'm well on my way to making some final orders to create a 2700watt 5250Gh/s water cooled 8 blade (400M) set up.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:37:53 PM

Here's a question I've got still.  Tupsu, Why aren't you using the heatsinks that are placed on the other side of the boards from the waterblocks with the S5 boards?  Do they not fit?  The C1 has them on the both sides.  I thought at first the chips where just on the opposite (inside) on the S5, but after someone posted a pic. of one of his chips burned out on the S5 thread, it made me think that that's not the case and the chips could use the heatsinks in addition to the waterblocks.

I'm well on my way to making some final orders to create a 2700watt 5250Gh/s water cooled 8 blade (400M) set up.

My C1 are all Batch1.  Their WaterBlock is only 14 screw holes on one side. the screw hole on one side of C1 WaterBlock is missing
and  is not necessary for C1 blades . But I'm lazy to drill extra hole.

Syscooling  WaterBlock have 20 screw holes on one side. So there can be placed S5 blades on both sides of the waterblocks.

I like the C1 waterblock more. Look at the picture, why.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=914354.msg10235730#msg10235730

nokati

Activity: 312
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 08:54:09 AM

I want to use this for my s5;

http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=47

It mentioned that there is a left and right side.... does this also apply for a s5?? Do  I need to drill new wholes?

what I actualy need are only the heatsinks from this kit. How can I order only the heatsinks?
http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=51

thanks,
sam

Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 09:56:05 AM

I want to use this for my s5;

http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=47

It mentioned that there is a left and right side.... does this also apply for a s5?? Do  I need to drill new wholes?

what I actualy need are only the heatsinks from this kit. How can I order only the heatsinks?

thanks,
sam

You  need  ANTS3 Water block    http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=47
nokati

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 11:20:38 AM

why this unit have 2 fans on it?  Why are they needed if you use the watercooled heatsink?

mavericklm

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 01:04:35 PM

why this unit have 2 fans on it?  Why are they needed if you use the watercooled heatsink?

because u need to cool down the rest of the mining board components, not just the asics! maybe some redundancy too;)

dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 01:08:46 PM

because u need to cool down the rest of the mining board components, not just the asics! maybe some redundancy too;)

The fans don't need to run as fast in comparison to an air cooled S5.
nokati

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 05:13:40 PM

have anyone tryed yet? Is there any temp different when you check the S5 admin panel?

warrmr

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 05:24:37 PM

why this unit have 2 fans on it?  Why are they needed if you use the watercooled heatsink?

It also seems that the ASICs don't have an internal temp probe like CPUs and GPUs there is a LM57A sensor on the reverse of the board to monitor tempratures, the fan keeps this chip cool so honest throttle back your ASICs.

I have recently purchased one of these kits and put in a single S5, left it overnight on a de-ariation cycle, (pump timed to run for 30s on and 30s off for 8 hours) along with tilting and tipping the chassis to ensure all air has been removed.

I booted the miner up this morning and blade 1 was reporting 80c and blade 2 at 67c, the first blade is getting the least amount of airflow due to the position in the case so I am running my S5 as a single blade at the moment and have ordered some ramsinks to stick on the LM57A chip as per goxed advise.

At those temps my water temp is only 30c and the water block is cool to touch but the miner still throttles right back and sits down if I leave board 1 connected, I hope the ramsink will decrease the temperature readout and mean that I can run both blades without shutting down.

https://i.imgur.com/Mhua6Dy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/edKqNHV.jpg

The above pictures show the chip that needs cooling down, the rest of the components don't really need too much cooling (apart from the ground pads/heatsink pads) on the backs of the ASICs but moderate airflow will be fine across those pads.

EDIT: This is my stats page with only one blade powered and the water at 30c

https://i.imgur.com/kvjjlql.png
nokati

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 05:24:59 PM

I have just ordered 10x watercooling heatsinks Grin

I will keep you guys updated Wink

nokati

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 05:30:58 PM

why did you de-ariation cycle, (pump timed to run for 30s on and 30s off for 8 hours) ?

Is this how it should be done ? Sorry for the stupid question, is my first watercooling project.

Is the problem that the heatsink cant handle 2 boards on it? If you use only 1 board on each heatsink would it make it work ?

EDIT: Sorry I read your post again..... so the heatsink is cool.... its just the sensor that actualy reporting false temp making it to shutdown?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: