Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:56:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Warning - Paul Revere  (Read 2401 times)
TerraHasher (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:13:22 AM

Update: I scrolled through WoodCollecters posts and found this:

It is a Grizzly lathe. Piece of shit $600 unit. Nailed it the first guess from the little pic on the first page of this thread. ( I actually DO know about this stuff) Brand new even. Even the turning tools all look nice and new and pretty. Looks like he has figured out how to turn a weird looking bong and a couple flat discs to laser burn on thus far.

Would using something like this still be considered "hand-carved"? Honest question.  Huh

Sort of. I would consider this bong to be "hand worked". I would not call it "hand carved". That is a very specific thing, meaning you are taking hand chisels or scorps. etc. and carving the wood by hand. The "hand carvings" WoodCollector is charging big BTC for are definitely laser work. Turning some random shape on a lathe is not at all that hard, either. Making 4 legs for a table by hand on a lathe and having them all match exactly? That is a quite bit harder and takes some practice and skill. I went to school for and worked as a machinist , by the way. I worked Tool&Die for years, mostly making prototype pieces for GM. I minored in industrial woodworking, so I know how to set up and run real industrial woodworking machinery. I ran a production woodworking outfit for some years, and have since turned to homebuilding.
This is a card for when I had a shop in Golden, CO, ~25 years ago.

In the middle of his witch hunt against woodcollecter, Paul Revere made claims to be, well a lot of things, A machinist, and industrial woodworker, to have owned a production woodworking outfit, and now a home builder. When asked to present proof of his wild claims in which he is using as the basis for his opinions against woodcollecter, he refused to show any supporting facts requested as i requested listed below

Sure it is, as long as this is a witch hunt thread, you better post some proof that that is you. I want to see a picture with that business card with your screen name wrote on it in pen on that same flag background. A video of you building a home, a picture of your diploma from where you went to school as a machinist. The name of your instructor. The name of your home building company and a copy of your contractors insurance to show that you are really who / what you say you are.

In a failure to do so i charge you with fraud and claims to be someone whom you are not and using those false claims to aid another forum member in tarnishing the reputation of one of our best forum members just to benefit your buddy.

You are a LIAR and a Scammer, you have been judged and found guilty !!

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:24:42 AM

How can he be judged and found guilty, the thread just started?  I haven't even had time to get more popcorn yet.
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:25:45 AM

How can he be judged and found guilty, the thread just started?  I haven't even had time to get more popcorn yet.

Oh, Sorry Hellot. Want to share mine?

Also woodcollecter was "charged" and "found guilty" before he even had a chance to get online today right off the starting line by that Noobin guy. so i was just keeping with the trend

Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:36:39 AM

LOL. You have fun doing whatever it is you think you are doing here. To have committed a scam I would have at the very least tried to sell something, so I think something may be amiss here. But hey, enjoy your lunacy my friend.

P.S: I really got a kick out of you questioning me being a machinist and woodworker. Thank you for the ego boost, my friend, I am glad you think that is a really brag worthy title. As if I was claiming to be a 6'6" body building billionaire and Ex SEAL & Geen Beret turned CIA agent or such, nope.  LOL. Damned funny.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:53:16 AM

So let me get this right, scam company GAW launched a coin to which everyone went crazy, but none of the promises are kept. Second btc price is falling to a point that manitaining the network is a challenge for miners, third all crypto's seem to be on a downwards spiral, fourth, multiple cloud mining en ponzi companiers run of with thousands of BTC, yet you worry about this!? The fact if someone really is who he is, doesn't constitute to scamming, as long as no-one got scammed.....

Unbelievable....

Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:02:43 AM

So let me get this right, scam company GAW launched a coin to which everyone went crazy, but none of the promises are kept. Second btc price is falling to a point that manitaining the network is a challenge for miners, third all crypto's seem to be on a downwards spiral, fourth, multiple cloud mining en ponzi companiers run of with thousands of BTC, yet you worry about this!? The fact if someone really is who he is, doesn't constitute to scamming, as long as no-one got scammed.....

Unbelievable....

I will admit it, I am not really Paul Revere, although I do own at least two lanterns, so maybe I actually am. LMFAO. I don't know how this rating stuff works, but there is some crazy ass shit on TerraHashes listing. I don't know what to make of it really.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:02:12 AM

LOL. You have fun doing whatever it is you think you are doing here. To have committed a scam I would have at the very least tried to sell something, so I think something may be amiss here. But hey, enjoy your lunacy my friend.

P.S: I really got a kick out of you questioning me being a machinist and woodworker. Thank you for the ego boost, my friend, I am glad you think that is a really brag worthy title. As if I was claiming to be a 6'6" body building billionaire and Ex SEAL & Geen Beret turned CIA agent or such, nope.  LOL. Damned funny.

Oh yes, your selling bullshit, and nobody is buying. Scam prevented !!!!!!!!!!

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 09:05:35 AM

TerraHasher, stop this nonsense now. Lips sealed

Or else...
...you might be charged with not being a Terrahash Mining Rig Roll Eyes

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:15:21 AM

I don't understand. This is a scam warning thread, but the OP has a big red SCAM WARNING under his name.

Isn't OP the one with negative trust here? Why should we believe him?  Cheesy

Another spitey thread without dignity from WoodCollector and his supporters.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Morenod

Activity: 197

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:12:09 PM

I don't understand. This is a scam warning thread, but the OP has a big red SCAM WARNING under his name.

Isn't OP the one with negative trust here? Why should we believe him?  Cheesy

Another spitey thread without dignity from WoodCollector and his supporters.
I would say it is an abuse of your position on default trust to leave him a negative trust rating. Leaving such rating is going to diminish your credibility. It does not matter that he has negative trust already.
The OP's point is that this person was making claims to have certain knowledge about various fields to hurt woodcollectors credibility however is trying to punch holes in such claims of knowledge. He is essentially accusing him of shilling 

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:23:51 PM

The OP doesn't have a point, he's lashing out in what be believes is a similar manner to what I did right here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930649.0

The OP is being a vindictive child and is to be treated (and rated) as such. This is to serve as a warning to others, as well as a reminder of his own inadequacy.

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:25:47 PM

OP's rating of me:

"Expects us to believe that Woodcolleter is a fraud after WC paid me $1,000 usd worth of bitcoin to protect his clients because he is such an honorable business person."

Yes, I expect people to believe WC is a fraud, EVEN THOUGH he paid you a thousand dollars to delete a post on this forum.

You realize that thousand dollars you accepted was taken under false pretenses from one of his victims, yes?

Morenod

Activity: 197

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:28:38 PM

The OP doesn't have a point, he's lashing out in what be believes is a similar manner to what I did right here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930649.0

The OP is being a vindictive child and is to be treated (and rated) as such. This is to serve as a warning to others, as well as a reminder of his own inadequacy.
I would not say that being a "child" is a reason to label them as a scammer. He has his right to make any claims that he wishes. If his claims are invalid then they will be ignored.

I do think he does have a point as paul revere's claims played no small part in the bashing of woodcollector.

OP's rating of me:

"Expects us to believe that Woodcolleter is a fraud after WC paid me $1,000 usd worth of bitcoin to protect his clients because he is such an honorable business person."

Yes, I expect people to believe WC is a fraud, EVEN THOUGH he paid you a thousand dollars to delete a post on this forum.

You realize that thousand dollars you accepted was taken under false pretenses from one of his victims, yes?
If the OP gave you a "bad" rating then no one will take it seriously. The OP is not on the default trust list so his claim is not going to affect you. Your claim/rating is going to be visible to everyone who looks at his profile by default. What you are doing by leaving him negative trust is to silence your critics

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:32:46 PM

I would not say that being a "child" is a reason to label them as a scammer. He has his right to make any claims that he wishes. If his claims are invalid then they will be ignored.

I do think he does have a point as paul revere's claims played no small part in the bashing of woodcollector.

If the OP gave you a "bad" rating then no one will take it seriously. The OP is not on the default trust list so his claim is not going to affect you. Your claim/rating is going to be visible to everyone who looks at his profile by default. What you are doing by leaving him negative trust is to silence your critics

I did not label OP a scammer, I labeled him a shill. The scammer scams, the shill flaps his jaw.

His claims *are* invalid, and they are being mercilessly mocked instead of ignored.

I know nobody will take OP seriously, but my negative rating will hopefully serve as a warning to other shills.

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:19:07 PM

Technically, TerraHasher admits to have accepted a bribe by WoodCollector for a negative rating against nubbins, or how would you read that?
If so, I would consider TerraHasher part of WoodCollector's scam scheme, resulting in a definite negative trust for TerraHasher.

I just can wrap my head around this anymore. Roll Eyes

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:30:44 PM

Technically, TerraHasher admits to have accepted a bribe by WoodCollector for a negative rating against nubbins, or how would you read that?
If so, I would consider TerraHasher part of WoodCollector's scam scheme, resulting in a definite negative trust for TerraHasher.

I just can wrap my head around this anymore. Roll Eyes

I'm not sure on the exact details, but I believe WC paid TH a thousand dollars to remove some sort of post about his products from the forum. Seems like a lot of money to be throwing around for a forum post, but I guess if you've scammed people out of $20k+, $1k isn't a big deal to keep the secret.

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:27:32 PM

I'm not sure on the exact details, but I believe WC paid TH a thousand dollars to remove some sort of post about his products from the forum. Seems like a lot of money to be throwing around for a forum post, but I guess if you've scammed people out of $20k+, $1k isn't a big deal to keep the secret.

Looks like I found it:
Deleted
Please dont take me as being rude, but i am an artist not a mind reader. I have no idea what you heard so i can neither confirm nor deny it.
Deleted
PLEASE DELETE YOUR POSTS FOR ME IMMEDIATELY AND SEND ME A PM. I will pay $1000 in BTC if you do it within the next 10 Minutes.  

Bribing people to delete posts, how low can we get? Roll Eyes

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:32:38 PM

Bribing people to delete posts, how low can we get? Roll Eyes

Super low:

IMPORTANT:

I have received PMs indicating that WoodCollector is contacting his customers privately, and attempting to extort more money out of them by claiming that he will provide them with video proof once they pay their outstanding balance.

I urge any customers who have not paid in full to not give this scammer any more of your money as he runs out the door.

If TerraHasher is not a sock, shame on them.

Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:34:48 PM

This is quite childish and idiotic. Painted him red.
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:05:24 PM

How to ruin a sockpuppet account for nothing
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: