Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Virtual Country.  (Read 2861 times)
szuetam (OP)

Activity: 377
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:27:25 AM

If there is E-currency, possibility of smart contracts and anonymous communication*
Do you think is there possibility of building virtual-country?
Where citizenship is voluntary, where you always can quit where are some rights and rules but anyone can force it to you.
That country would be anonymous (form real world) but only if you want, and you would like to keep your identity (represented by some private key) because of reputation which it have, or if it really bad leave it and start from below zero.

I imagine that country would provide same system to take deals in smart contracts, come communication and secure signing method, etc.

It should be real country independent, and every deal should be time limited (of course with precise description of what happens after that period which will be automatically executed by smart contracts)

It would change the perspective because you cant complain in that country for government or law because you are forced only to use this low which you freely accepted.

You could even chose what happens in case of conflict about specific deal for example specifying peoples (large groups of trusted people) who will be judges. If you don't trust them don't sign, if you don't agree with their point of view don't sign it.

What do you think about creation of sth. like that?

How would you call it?

How would you start it?

Do you like that idea?

If you think it won't never work try to explain me why?

I'm curious who expect that we are on path in that direction?

BTC LTC and others
TOR with onion domains, and FREENET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:31:06 AM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060234/

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 10:31:47 AM

I think we should call it...

Mybitcoinland

szuetam (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 11:13:53 AM

I'm downloading that.
THX
Smiley
szuetam (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 11:17:52 AM

I think we should call it...

Mybitcoinland

I'm not sure if it heve to be permanently connected with bitcoin, it's idea to give choice everywhere, you could deal with litecoin gold or anything if you want, even if it is bad idea.

Mayby there is sth like that already started, I have heard about some micronations like
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micronation
like sealand or sth, but all of internet based are fiction like fantasy theme or sth.
Have you heard about more like what I'm saying here?
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 11:29:50 AM

Where citizenship is voluntary, where you always can quit where are some rights and rules but anyone can force it to you.
That country would be anonymous (form real world) but only if you want, and you would like to keep your identity (represented by some private key) because of reputation which it have, or if it really bad leave it and start from below zero.

Lovable idea. But we (BTC community) already are at least a nation in the sense you mention, maybe most of us just are not aware of it and we lack a passport and sovereignty on some land (which would be another lovable idea). I already suggested to buy an old ship as a surrogate in other threads, but my idea did not float  Sad
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 11:31:41 AM

Where to start...

World of Warcraft
Second Life
Battlenet/Blizzard games

These are pretty similar to what you're describing.

I like that you have energy, but I'm not sure why I would choose to be a part of another country if I don't get any benefits.

So if you give me benefits, they would come at a cost... so you basically are gonna be more like a company.  I don't know why we would try to call it a virtual country instead of a company membership.

What are the advantages of that?  It's doubtful that anyone would ever take you seriously... good luck tho!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 11:37:24 AM

I still think making it a satellite in space with people being able to buy "land" on it which is small parts of the surface would be cool Smiley

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 11:43:16 AM

I don't know why we would try to call it a virtual country instead of a company membership.

Very good point. That is the point of sovereignty. In a libertarian political entity it would consists only in the protection of individuals from threats of force by would-be sovereigns. In the past slaves used to be allowed to buy back their free status. We might be in a similar situation.
Bro

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:08:15 PM

Become a Sealand citizen
http://www.sealandgov.org/title-pack
szuetam (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:30:46 PM

Lovable idea. But we (BTC community) already are at least a nation in the sense you mention, maybe most of us just are not aware of it and we lack a passport and sovereignty on some land (which would be another lovable idea). I already suggested to buy an old ship as a surrogate in other threads, but my idea did not float  Sad

Nice, or what do you think of land on the moon which you can buy from Dennis Hope Smiley or at mars etc.
or sealand or sth Smiley

szuetam (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:35:23 PM

Become a Sealand citizen
http://www.sealandgov.org/title-pack

Nice, I didn't know about that, is that official?
I want Sealand ID for my birthday Smiley
szuetam (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 01:08:46 PM

Where to start...

World of Warcraft
Second Life
Battlenet/Blizzard games

These are pretty similar to what you're describing.

I like that you have energy, but I'm not sure why I would choose to be a part of another country if I don't get any benefits.

So if you give me benefits, they would come at a cost... so you basically are gonna be more like a company.  I don't know why we would try to call it a virtual country instead of a company membership.

What are the advantages of that?  It's doubtful that anyone would ever take you seriously... good luck tho!

As I said I'm not talking about fantasy games etc, but sth. useful. in real.

I'm as well aware of that bitcoin community or especially silk road community is sth. like this already.

It should be a property of someone, but more sth. like a protocol, or system of communication information authorization  end execution power which will organize and systematize what we have already.

If you want to say I'm not enough precise you're right but I posted here to make it more specific sketch.

When I was talking about sth. like bitcoin in 2007 people wear stared at me and didn't take me serious and now they don't really do. (but one of my friends read about it recently and though I'm Satoshi which flatters me)

And I'm talking about learning revolution coming in shape of game learning and no one takes me serious.
But there is first realization:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gM95HHI4gLk#!

Getting to the point.

The most important question you have give is
"What are the advantages of that?"

I'm afraid that just like in bitcoin for first adopters there would be only hope in spreading and making familiar and take advantages of that when it is common.
But after the wide adoption, biggest benefit would be decreasing cost of settlement of disputes which is extremely high with today complicated law, expensive lawyers and any warranty it will be fixed as you have wanted to agreement before.

And second that there is someone (government etc) who can change the rules during your session for example increase taxes without your agreement, and force you to pay it.

It is similar to the biggest of bitcoin benefits which is in my opinion lower cost of transactions which is extremely high with traditional currencies hidden in inflation printing money payment cards costs etc.

And again it is better because none can force you and take your BTC without your will (if you will secure them properly of course)

Will you agree?
@kjlimo will it be fair enough benefits?

Is it clear?
I think it could be much more with en example , and I'll think about one, to describe it.

szuetam (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 02:32:55 PM

Offtopic:
8th wonderland
Anyone knows where I'll find english subs or english version?
It looks like it is not available in my country.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 02:37:24 PM

This is a decent idea. It would be more like joining a club. You join clubs for certain benefits, you vote on fees, dues and rules and what to do with those fees.

It would be interesting if such a club/country were to grow to the point where it can pay for its own military and go in and protect its "citizens" from tyranny. A virtual world fighting against oppressive nations...interesting to think about.

I have always considered the best method of "taxation" as an up front fee from new members. That way you have a full understanding of costs as well as a full understanding of the current rules. If the rules change then you are not forced to pay more into it and you are coming in knowing how rules are made and changed. And if you do not like such a system, you are not forced to join.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 02:39:14 PM

So basically make a new second life but with bitcoins instead of linden dollars?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 02:40:41 PM

Offtopic:
8th wonderland
Anyone knows where I'll find english subs or english version?
It looks like it is not available in my country.

I wouldn't bother - it has a low rating...   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
szuetam (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 02:53:44 PM

This is a decent idea. It would be more like joining a club. You join clubs for certain benefits, you vote on fees, dues and rules and what to do with those fees.

It would be interesting if such a club/country were to grow to the point where it can pay for its own military and go in and protect its "citizens" from tyranny. A virtual world fighting against oppressive nations...interesting to think about.

I have always considered the best method of "taxation" as an up front fee from new members. That way you have a full understanding of costs as well as a full understanding of the current rules. If the rules change then you are not forced to pay more into it and you are coming in knowing how rules are made and changed. And if you do not like such a system, you are not forced to join.

Exactly, it so wrong, government in my country changed retirement age, just cause, without my permision and they are calling some taxes an insurance but I can resign of that and they can change rules of it without asking or even informing me!
szuetam (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 02:55:32 PM

So basically make a new second life but with bitcoins instead of linden dollars?
It's misunderstanding.
No need of doing avatars and 3d world, and no need of crating new things in virtual world.
Just more a tool for real living.
Cost & time optimalisation.
And more precise and stable law.

MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 03:01:09 PM

What you were talking about in the first post wasn't really a virtual country, just "smart contracts" and a form of arbitration. Though I wasn't really following.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: