Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:54:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DIGI] 2015 - 2017 (and currently) laboratory phase  (Read 16896 times)
MarioSPGroup (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

Taking part into a monetary revolution - Priceless

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:13:06 AM

A day of little depreciation to BTC/LTC - BTC is in higher rate to GBP and USD and DIGI is related to GBP.
The mining power is a bit lower than in last days, so you can observe that today DIGI is depreciated to BTC (and official rate is 0.00001578).

MarioSPGroup (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:26:14 PM

Attention!
Take care by setting ASK orders by 'at best' rate (to sell by the unlimited rate). Please use limited rate as often as possible for reliable trade.
Somebody has put the BID at rate of 0.00000001 of around 400,000 DIGI. So in the specific situations (by the low amount of orders) the ASK order 'at best' will be executed at rate of 0.00000001 (there were several such transactions today). There is an old trick of experienced exchange players to get coins in very small rate (you can see it sometimes on other exchanges too).
We have reacted to animate the exchange with relevant number of orders relevant to an official rate of BTC/DIGI.

james42

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:44:30 PM

Hah, sorry that was me with a cheeky ask at 1 sat. It was looking a little quiet on there :-) I've removed it now
MarioSPGroup (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:00:02 PM

Hah, sorry that was me with a cheeky ask at 1 sat. It was looking a little quiet on there :-) I've removed it now

OK, thanks James, no problem. Thank you for your quick reaction ;-)
Yes, a little quiet there, because we are discussing now several new deals for DIGI with guys from traditional capital market (to have possibility to convert DIGI instant  into traditional assets).

MarioSPGroup (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:14:39 PM

Comparison to mining LTC for today, by 100 Mhs :
- LTC mining around 0.01490 BTC / day
- DIGI mining around 0.02722 BTC / day

hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:09:09 PM

Curious - what price per DIGI did you make this calculation?

And at what difficulty?

MarioSPGroup (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 06:03:28 AM

And at what difficulty?

Hi, by the current official price of 0.00001602 BTC/DIGI and by the current network power 1.27 Ghs.
Litecoin mining calculation got from https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/calculator

hdmediaservices

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:33:17 AM

And at what difficulty?

Hi, by the current official price of 0.00001602 BTC/DIGI and by the current network power 1.27 Ghs.
Litecoin mining calculation got from https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/calculator

Right - but what difficulty did you calculate this? 

james42

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:36:45 AM

Does it really matter? The difficulty adjusts pretty well to keep the blocks on target. My figures match yours Mario
hdmediaservices

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:54:10 AM

Does it really matter? The difficulty adjusts pretty well to keep the blocks on target

Well his quote for DIGI mining with 100Mh/s @ .02722 BTC / day is very unrealistic.

1.  Most DIGIs are selling in the 1500's -- definitely not 1602 (except for a random 15 or 50 here and there)

2.  The difficulty corrects itself after every 4 to 8 blocks -- perhaps it is KGW.  So the difficulty went from 10 to 41 (and everything in between) just in the last 30 minutes.

I ran a solid 24 hour test with an average of 400Mh/s -- everything confirmed and I made a total of .0444 BTC selling every coin automatically at the highest price available.

According to his figures -- it should have been .10888.  I did not make 1/2 that - so the figures he quotes are nonsense.

MarioSPGroup (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:55:28 AM

Does it really matter? The difficulty adjusts pretty well to keep the blocks on target. My figures match yours Mario

Yes, at this moment for:
- young maturity of DIGI
- short time of the DIGI difficulty re-targeting (look for example difficulty for blocks between 24250 and 24257)
the power parameter of network is a crucial point to calculate the efficiency. Currently discussion about difficulty is more important for a single block than for the production in a day.
Good that our estimations match James' observation of the production.

MarioSPGroup (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 08:04:16 AM

Does it really matter? The difficulty adjusts pretty well to keep the blocks on target

Well his quote for DIGI mining with 100Mh/s @ .02722 BTC / day is very unrealistic.

1.  Most DIGIs are selling in the 1500's -- definitely not 1602 (except for a random 15 or 50 here and there)

2.  The difficulty corrects itself after every 4 to 8 blocks -- perhaps it is KGW.  So the difficulty went from 10 to 41 (and everything in between) just in the last 30 minutes.

I ran a solid 24 hour test with an average of 400Mh/s -- everything confirmed and I made a total of .0444 BTC selling every coin automatically at the highest price available.

According to his figures -- it should have been .10888.  I did not make 1/2 that - so the figures he quotes are nonsense.

Hi hdmediaservices again ,

This is difficult for me to say why your figures don't match estimation when James' figures match them. Maybe configuration of miners? I propose you can send a PM to James to discuss about any technical aspects of miners configuration?
By publishing the daily efficiency we use to calculate the last official price, because we don't have possibility to estimate +/- 20% ASK/BID differencies.
You can try set several ASK offers to wait for their executions instead of selling everything as a market taker - the efficiency as a market maker should be several %points higher what I suppose.

hdmediaservices

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 08:05:38 AM

How much hash do you have James?

MarioSPGroup (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 08:28:31 AM

Hi hdmediaservices again ,

This is difficult for me to say why your figures don't match estimation when James' figures match them. Maybe configuration of miners? I propose you can send a PM to James to discuss about any technical aspects of miners configuration?
By publishing the daily efficiency we use to calculate the last official price, because we don't have possibility to estimate +/- 20% ASK/BID differencies.
You can try set several ASK offers to wait for their executions instead of selling everything as a market taker - the efficiency as a market maker should be several %points higher what I suppose.

What I think more - we can investigate the overall network efficiency as a comparison to parameters of the PoW algorithm for DIGI. Having such data we can check once again this estimation (it will be done at weekend).       

hdmediaservices

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 08:33:36 AM

I'm not sure what hash James put behind it and how he sold the coins, but he certainly didn't make this amount over the last 24 hours at 100Mh/s.  Perhaps he was hashing at 20Mh/s and the few coins he made were enough to sell at the highest price.  But even that still doesn't make sense.

This is so bogus and you know it. 

You should use an average median price of the 24 hour period, not the last price, as one could easily put in a buy order for 10 DIGI at 1602 sats.  Total manipulation.

My miners are configured just fine.  I mine all types of Scrypt coins - solo and pooled.

If the difficulty stayed at 10 to 15 through out the day - then sure maybe your estimate is close, but the difficulty was all over the place - going as high as 60.

I can understand having your estimate off by say 10% to 15% -- but not more than 50%.

MarioSPGroup (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 08:41:22 AM

I'm not sure what hash James put behind it and how he sold the coins, but he certainly didn't make this amount over the last 24 hours at 100Mh/s.  Perhaps he was hashing at 20Mh/s and the few coins he made were enough to sell at the highest price.  But even that still doesn't make sense.

You should use an average median price of the 24 hour period, not the last price, as one could easily put in a buy order for 10 DIGI at 1602 sats.  Total manipulation.

My miners are configured just fine.  I mine all types of Scrypt coins - solo and pooled.

If the difficulty stayed at 10 to 15 through out the day - then sure maybe your estimate is close, but the difficulty was all over the place - going as high as 60.

I can understand having your estimate off by say 10% to 15% -- but not more than 50%.

Thank you for the interest and for the information. So we have to investigate the overall network efficiency and to make a comparison to parameters of PoW for DIGI. As I mentioned in last post we are going to make it at weekend to check the estimation is to be modified. I will inform about results of this not later than on Sunday.

MarioSPGroup (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 09:39:36 AM

Thank you for the interest and for the information. So we have to investigate the overall network efficiency and to make a comparison to parameters of PoW for DIGI. As I mentioned in last post we are going to make it at weekend to check the estimation is to be modified. I will inform about results of this not later than on Sunday.

The thing has interested us so very that we are discussing it as a hot topic in our team.
There isn't a final decision, but a first impression is that maybe an official price of DIGI should not be linked only to the array of parameters {BTC/GBP; power of network; crowdtrading capitalization} but adjusted by difficulty shift ratio into {BTC/GBP; power of network; crowdtrading capitalization; minimum maximum difficulty} what will drive to solve dilemma mentioned by hdmediaservices (thank you once again for the input). As I wrote it several minutes ago - we will investigate it later during weekend to find the optimal calculation.

This my message is only typed for an information that there is a fresh impression that investigation will lead to the once much appreciation DIGI to BTC after final calculations. This message is for these guys who want to sell DIGI today or tomorrow to BTC - maybe there is a sense to wait for final calculations and this probable DIGI appreciation.     

james42

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 10:52:47 AM

My hashrate varies hdmediaservices but in general I get around the % blocks that corresponds to my hashrate. I generally sell at the best price that will fill my order completely. Regardless of how it works out though it is definitely more profitable to mine this than LTC.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 06:31:15 PM

My hashrate varies hdmediaservices but in general I get around the % blocks that corresponds to my hashrate. I generally sell at the best price that will fill my order completely. Regardless of how it works out though it is definitely more profitable to mine this than LTC.

Well most alt coins are more profitable than LTC - we all know that.  Plus if you mine LTC for just 24 hours, then you will make very little - due to variance. 

But this guy - is serving up a bunch of bull.  It is silly.  And then to say we will recheck the #'s over the weekend.  What is to recheck?  They are inflating their mining #'s big time.

Whatever - such a scam coin.

MarioSPGroup (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:30:02 PM

Well most alt coins are more profitable than LTC - we all know that.  Plus if you mine LTC for just 24 hours, then you will make very little - due to variance. 

But this guy - is serving up a bunch of bull.  It is silly.  And then to say we will recheck the #'s over the weekend.  What is to recheck?  They are inflating their mining #'s big time.

Whatever - such a scam coin.

Hi hdmediaservices,

You will see till Sunday what we are rechecking and recalculating, after that we will publish the info, so please wait for it with patience.
Your rights to write anything on the forum, but we are going ahead as we have it clearly described. Obviously please go with DIGI if you wish, or please go your another way if DIGI disappointed you, no issues.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: