Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:10:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EUR might drop below USD  (Read 33626 times)
Valta Crypto (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 07:55:06 AM

EUR/USD Forecast Apr. 13-17
http://www.forexcrunch.com/category/forex-weekly-outlook/eur-usd-outlook/
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CreationLayer

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 09:11:44 AM

Hope you've been happily shorting on 1broker Smiley

Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 09:31:27 AM

Yeah central banks think we could see 0.9 by the end of this year.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 10:04:23 AM

If Greece leaves the Euro zone, that would make the Euro stronger, and that may happen.
if greece leaves, spain, italy, germany, the uk ... will all follow and the euro will become weaker for sure.

UK although is a member of the European Union has chosen not to use the euro. Pound is still the official currency. If Greece decides to leave, I believe that would have minimal impact in terms affecting the whole eurozone economy but more significant is whether their decision will also influence the others to also consider leaving the bloc and undermine the currency. The problem actually arises from fx trading activities whereby traders will use this as an excuse to short the currency and cause instability.

Thegen

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 11:43:04 AM

I see a lot of chaos there, for example those who think that Switzerland and UK are part of the Eurozone... Really?

By the way probably EUR won't drop below USD and the Eurozone won't collapse after a hypothetical Grexit, just because Greece is too small.

Actually the only downside of a Grexit and the consequent bankruptcy is the public exposure of Germany (65bln€), France (49bln€) and Italy (43bln€).

As you can see here: Eurozone countries exposures to Greece - 2011 vs 2014.

But that's not a really big deal actually.
leen93

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:07:27 PM

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/eurusd-moves-back-toward-parity-ending-the-week-down-more-than-3-cm464318
leen93

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:09:54 PM

I see a lot of chaos there, for example those who think that Switzerland and UK are part of the Eurozone... Really?

By the way probably EUR won't drop below USD and the Eurozone won't collapse after a hypothetical Grexit, just because Greece is too small.

Actually the only downside of a Grexit and the consequent bankruptcy is the public exposure of Germany (65bln€), France (49bln€) and Italy (43bln€).

if greece leaves the eurozone will collapse, italy, spain, and why would germany still want to stay in? ...
Thegen

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 02:23:32 PM

if greece leaves the eurozone will collapse, italy, spain, and why would germany still want to stay in? ...

That's not the case, as an italian guy i am 100% sure that we will stay in the eurozone with or without Greece.
If you ask me, France is the biggest problem for the Eurozone, not economically (at least not right now), but politically, but that's another story.
By the way I already said that a Grexit is not a big deal, greek economy is just too small, not a big player and however we can't even tell if a Grexit is likely to happen or not, so right now the Eurozone is safe.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 03:29:30 PM

I don't think they're that stupid. This has to be intentionally done to make the crisis worse. They know that they can't get away with all the reforms they want, so they're creating a crisis to offer a "solution":

problem -> reaction -> solution
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 03:57:09 PM

That's not the case, as an italian guy i am 100% sure that we will stay in the eurozone with or without Greece.
If you ask me, France is the biggest problem for the Eurozone, not economically (at least not right now), but politically, but that's another story.
By the way I already said that a Grexit is not a big deal, greek economy is just too small, not a big player and however we can't even tell if a Grexit is likely to happen or not, so right now the Eurozone is safe.

All these countries would be better outside (basically all south europe).

The very best thing for a Failed Bank to do-- is FAIL! Sadly, it seems the system is set up so that the Failed Banks can only be FAILED.

Time to make that happen.

Time for the Banks to be left empty, smoldering shells.

People down there, have already suffered, and paid enough at their expense.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 05:52:32 PM

The biggest upcoming problem will be the uk referendum in 2017 about leaving the eu.
additionaly grexit + marine le pen as french president...

Gonna be stormy times for europe

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:06:49 PM

The biggest upcoming problem will be the uk referendum in 2017 about leaving the eu.

europe will face tough years. something that was supposed to bring us wealth is now making us poorer than ever. we citizens can only hope for the best.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:16:31 PM

Yeah central banks think we could see 0.9 by the end of this year.

hopefully not
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:10:07 PM

europe will face tough years. something that was supposed to bring us wealth is now making us poorer than ever. we citizens can only hope for the best.

Hope is not enough. I recently opened a bank account outside the euro zone that allows me to hold USD balance.

I convert a certain amount of Euro's into USD just in case something bad happens with the Euro. I am prepared.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:37:17 PM

If (Super) Mario Draghi thinks that the EUR is our common european toilet paper then i think 1 sheet of ordinary toilet paper will be above 100€ bill.

It's not that the dollar will be higher, everythink will be. They print money like crazy people

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Thegen

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 11:28:02 PM

Hope is not enough. I recently opened a bank account outside the euro zone that allows me to hold USD balance.

I convert a certain amount of Euro's into USD just in case something bad happens with the Euro. I am prepared.

Well that's not a good move, Eurozone economy and US economy are strictly bonded together, just look what happened in 2008.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:33:56 AM

Well that's not a good move, Eurozone economy and US economy are strictly bonded together, just look what happened in 2008.

Yes so they will both sink relatively, however still the EU zone will sink faster, thus the EUR will get belowthe USD eventually

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
bronan

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:49:36 AM

If Greece leaves the Euro zone, that would make the Euro stronger, and that may happen.

That's not likely to happen, I suspect what will happen is more countries like Switzerland who are fed up of footing the bill for countries like Greece will leave the Euro and as a result the euro zone will end up crashing because all you'll have then are countries left alone with massive debts that they don't intend to pay off.

Of course, the people they will blame are the countries that chose to leave instead of going along with their bullshit, they will likely also make the usual statements that leaving the euro zone is isolationism and so on and that the countries are just looking out for their own interests.

LoL switserland is not part of the EU, the countries paying for the greeks is done mostly by germany and the netherlands.
I pretty pissed about the way the greeks look at the mess they created themselfs
We in the netherlands have to work till 67 the greeks stop working at 55 another issue with the greeks is they hardly ever pay taxes.
So for me greece is a enormous black hole where the eu states has put in money since they became part of the eu and never changed anything.
The country suffers like many other tourist economy countries by lack of tourists but they have not done anything besides eating up others money.
I would not be suprised if the usd will pass the euro, all huge multinationals have their contracts made in dollars, these multinationals am complaining and pulling their puppets in every governement so now the big buyup will start which actually is absolute not needed at all.
My view is that the dollar will pass the euro after several huge buys from governement debts.

Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:27:38 AM

If they are really bonded together, why the Eurozone start to QE and the US just quit QE and start to raise interest rates.
It seems there on the totally opposite direction.
Thegen

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 10:10:13 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2015, 10:22:03 AM by Thegen

If they are really bonded together, why the Eurozone start to QE and the US just quit QE and start to raise interest rates.
It seems there on the totally opposite direction.

Because we have two different central banks with two different monetary policies, maybe?
This doesn't mean that they are not bonded together.

If they are not bonded together, why did Eurozone economy got infected in 2008?

LoL switserland is not part of the EU, the countries paying for the greeks is done mostly by germany and the netherlands.
I pretty pissed about the way the greeks look at the mess they created themselfs
We in the netherlands have to work till 67 the greeks stop working at 55 another issue with the greeks is they hardly ever pay taxes.
So for me greece is a enormous black hole where the eu states has put in money since they became part of the eu and never changed anything.
The country suffers like many other tourist economy countries by lack of tourists but they have not done anything besides eating up others money.
I would not be suprised if the usd will pass the euro, all huge multinationals have their contracts made in dollars, these multinationals am complaining and pulling their puppets in every governement so now the big buyup will start which actually is absolute not needed at all.
My view is that the dollar will pass the euro after several huge buys from governement debts.

Well not really, Germany (65bln€), France (48bln€) and Italy (43bln€) are technically "helping" Greece with a huge amount of money, the Netherlands are exposed for a tiny amount compared to them, just 13.8bln€.
And however all this "we work, they are lazy" story is just propaganda, you can't really bring it in in a serious discussion because it's just not completely true.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: