Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:41:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling you forth, Coinographic  (Read 10491 times)
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 06:58:12 AM

So have the authorities been engaged and given all details ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:04:34 PM

Cross posting here just for more visibility.

52LTC stolen from me.
1LTC - LLH4XJiqkDME5jGSLXMYREEEzfmK6jph8u
1LTC - LWX5hwPi6m1j9qwQXadUEHUYA2UHyxkaHp
25LTC - #006 - LPKCCoQLYiEJ4AKyj7MN6D3k7conNeNtdh
25LTC - #051 - LiUjwFGQv8T6kLwTVj7eh4zGBDTM2gUcZ7

They all seem to have gone to these two addresses: LKQ75Dsz8ZHPhedZtCpbKnYvaRvxYQ2Bdk LY8mTpBpPqXPM4hjTruBxuzNh9SwJJmfvn

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/4mbcvn/coinographic_theft/

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:05:13 PM

Wow, what an absolute scumbag. I haven't been following this thread and decided to catch up with it.. Let me firstly state I have lost nothing, as I purchased nothing. Sorry for you guys that got conned Sad

This is blatant, outright theft. First the order scamming, and then on top of this he goes and raids whatever funded coins there are in existence Shocked
Meaning that he kept EVERY SINGLE PRIVATE KEY that was created.. Shocked
Doing what you have done to your customers gives physical coin producers a bad name Coinographic. Absolutely disgusting behaviour, and certainly not something you should be able to get away with. Karma will catch up with you.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 07:04:34 PM

I tend to agree, the damage done is also towards other coin manufacturers, trust is essential for Physical Bitcoins.
Of course people who got coins stolen have been damaged too, I didn't buy any luckily but I would be enraged if I had.
What a clusterfuck!

Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:44:05 PM

I tend to agree, the damage done is also towards other coin manufacturers, trust is essential for Physical Bitcoins.
Of course people who got coins stolen have been damaged too, I didn't buy any luckily but I would be enraged if I had.
What a clusterfuck!

Couldn't agree more. This certainly would have impacted a good proportion of buyers and collectors; some may never be willing to trust a new manufacturer again. You have to put a lot of trust that coin makers will not rip you off, be it now or 5 years down the line. This will stop a percentage of new blood from entering this niche market. It takes a certain kind of asshole to do what Mark Hamilton has done though.

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:48:34 PM

What country and city is this guy in?
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 08:51:23 PM

Bankruptcy doesn't allow someone to commit fraud (criminal activities).  And, even if it did, these thefts are occurring after the fact.  So, anyone could go after him civilly and criminally as well.

UK (I think)

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:51:50 PM

Bankruptcy doesn't allow someone to commit fraud (criminal activities).  And, even if it did, these thefts are occurring after the fact.  So, anyone could go after him civilly and criminally as well.

UK (I think)

Yeah, he's from the UK:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/tSHVobuKgRoBAbHOyru3A0-hLWc/appointments
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:54:19 PM

He's in the UK. As for his precise location right now, that's anyone's guess Huh Someone further up the thread was in contact with him, I'm not sure if that's still the case though.

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:14:34 PM

Is anyone interested in his actual name (not Mark HAMILTON)? I've found information about him and wife presumably his mother (with a current location).
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:52:30 PM

Might as well post it just in case I won't be able to find it again Grin.

According to this notice Mark Hamilton is also know as Mark Peter Perrins, born 25 April 1979. His last known according to that notice is 10 Belvedere Crescent, Weston-Super-Mare, North Somerset. The notice was posted in August 2015 and according to several real-estate websites that house has been sold in September 2015.

Anyways, 'Mark Hamilton' has previously owned a company called VISUAL SIN LTD, which was later signed over to someone named Delia Perrins, born in November 1955. I'm going to assume that's his mother (or he's into older women Grin). They both lived at the same address in Kent a few years ago so they're definitely related.

Delia Perrins is currently the owner of another shady LTD, called DM CARE SERVICES LIMITED. The company was created on 14th April 2016. The company's address is Bollin House, Bollin Link, Wilmslow, Cheshire, United Kingdom so I guess that's a good place to start asking questions.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:13:58 AM

According to this notice Mark Hamilton is also know as Mark Peter Perrins, born 25 April 1979. His last known according to that notice is 10 Belvedere Crescent, Weston-Super-Mare, North Somerset. The notice was posted in August 2015 and according to several real-estate websites that house has been sold in September 2015.

Anyways, 'Mark Hamilton' has previously owned a company called VISUAL SIN LTD, which was later signed over to someone named Delia Perrins, born in November 1955. I'm going to assume that's his mother (or he's into older women Grin). They both lived at the same address in Kent a few years ago so they're definitely related.

Delia Perrins is currently the owner of another shady LTD, called DM CARE SERVICES LIMITED. The company was created on 14th April 2016. The company's address is Bollin House, Bollin Link, Wilmslow, Cheshire, United Kingdom so I guess that's a good place to start asking questions.

Quoted for future reference. Thanks!
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:58:56 AM

It seems like a lot of money was stolen, a lot of people are angry but no one is following up on it? Collectively a lot of people lost little amounts, but it sums up to a big total. Looks like he's going to get away with this fraud with relatively little blowback except his reputation blown apart.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 01:01:12 AM

this makes me wonder too. people seem awfully quick to trust total unknowns with private keys if there's a physical coin at the end of it. that seems kinda weird to me.

hope this guy gets nailed to the wall eventually but i ain't holding my breath.
Drax

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

Nucleus.Vision

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:25:07 PM

Mark still owes me alot of coin. I have still to receive 2 gold 1OZ coins, 3 silver 2OZ coins, and he emptied 1 25LTC coin that I still own. (That totals about 7000€ +, only counting current face value, 0 premium)

I really want to do something about it. I'm in Belgium. But unfortunately I don't have alot of funds and time to do something about it, with the risk of not getting anything back.

Anyone have tips of what I can do? Or if someone has a plan of making him account for his wrongdoings, I want to help out/participate. (In legal fashion)

bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:58:41 PM

Has anyone in his country or area asked the local authorities to get invoked to investigate him?  I would think accusations of theft, fraud, and embezzlement would be worthy of their followup.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 10:13:22 PM

Just found this thread and I have also lost a single litecoin I had on a Coinographic 1ltc coin. The only one of their coins I have thank god.

http://block-explorer.com/address/LVnaHgXQH7CoV4f8xYoCoGVN4dKW8hMxdq

It also went to: LKQ75Dsz8ZHPhedZtCpbKnYvaRvxYQ2Bdk

Damn he / they must be desperate to be raiding single coins.

Thieving fucking scumbag(s), feel bad for anyone that's lost any money Angry.
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 10:20:06 PM

Mark still owes me alot of coin. I have still to receive 2 gold 1OZ coins, 3 silver 2OZ coins, and he emptied 1 25LTC coin that I still own. (That totals about 7000€ +, only counting current face value, 0 premium)

I really want to do something about it. I'm in Belgium. But unfortunately I don't have alot of funds and time to do something about it, with the risk of not getting anything back.

Anyone have tips of what I can do? Or if someone has a plan of making him account for his wrongdoings, I want to help out/participate. (In legal fashion)

I hate to say it, but there is little to zero chance whatsoever that you'll ever see the coins you have paid for. Mark Hamilton has gone quiet, he's somewhere in the UK, but I have no idea where.

You may have legal recourse but what are the chances you'll even get anything out of it? Don't forget, just like your 25LTC, he sweeped the private key from every single coin, including 1LTC...

Good luck getting your money back from someone who does such things.

Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:19:08 AM

Has anyone in his country or area asked the local authorities to get invoked to investigate him?  I would think accusations of theft, fraud, and embezzlement would be worthy of their followup.

I think the police will find it very hard to investigate these sorts of crimes unless you hand them all the detail on a fine silver plate. All those crimes are definitely worth investigating, but there is so much of it going on and cyber crime tends to be even harder to solve, that the police might be using their resources elsewhere. One person should compile a list of everyone who has been affected, their contact details and the amount they lost. It should be easy to find a hundred people affected and then the police will pay more attention to it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:24:50 AM

I hate to say it, but there is little to zero chance whatsoever that you'll ever see the coins you have paid for. Mark Hamilton has gone quiet, he's somewhere in the UK, but I have no idea where.

You may have legal recourse but what are the chances you'll even get anything out of it? Don't forget, just like your 25LTC, he sweeped the private key from every single coin, including 1LTC...

Good luck getting your money back from someone who does such things.

I think my post is a good place to start. Personally I would just visit his mother, take all documents showing that Mark is a scammer, make a bit of a scene there and call the police. They will be forced to come down and at least write down her (and his) details. If several people file reports it is very likely that they'll start an investigation.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: