Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:54:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regret and depression  (Read 14864 times)
needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:12:17 AM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me. I've been involved in virtual economies for many years now (mmorpg gold exchanges) and if anyone should have had the foresight to become an early adopter of bitcoin it should have been me but instead I was wasting my time fucking around with virtual gold. I wake up every morning feeling depressed.
Right now you can buy more than 4 Bitcoins for less than 1000$. Pretty sure most people could afford that.

4 Bitcoins means that if Bitcoin took over the world you could live in a country with the 1-5 million richest people in the entire world out of 7 billion people - you would be like a Qatar prince.

You could probably earn 4 bitcoins from signature campaigns. Some pay about 0.4 at the moment but apparently there's higher paying ones coming soon. I think you'll need to earn more than four to become rich in the future but becoming a millionaire shouldn't be a goal because you'll probably just become even more depressed when you don't become one.
4 bitcoin is a lot to earn from a signature campaign. In the time it takes you to make the 4,000 posts to earn that much from a signature campaign you likely could have made that much a few times over from trading various things on here

JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:46:57 AM

Looking back won't change a thing.  There are many opportunities in life.  You can sit around feeling depressed and watch life go by or you can look for the next big opportunity.  I heard about bitcoin when it was trading for less than $1, but I really don't think about it the way you do. It's over and time to move on.  Think about all the opportunities you missed in the process of feeling bad for yourself.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:31:34 AM

We can only hope and pray for the moons to align so we can make it big in the next decade as the crypto pioneers.
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 05:54:32 AM

Also, why was it the "best decision you've ever taken" ? Because it gained in value - Bitcoin value. i.e. you're even valuing XCP using Bitcoin as a measure. Point proven.

Its the best decision I have ever taken as I increased the amount invested by around 8 times, and I mean in normal money which I use not Bitcoin.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

SargeR33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:15:36 AM

To be honest, I didn't get into bitcoin to make money per say, I got into it to support a decentralized network. Making money doesn't have to mean selling your bitcoin for fiat. That would make you just like any other dumper. A bitcoin with high value is what its all about, not just about exchanging for fiat. Hence why all those people who used bitcoin for drugs, women etc have lost all their money. If I mined 1000 bitcoin prior to the 1000 bubble, I probably would have sold 20 btc to make a good wad to get my self some new gear for mining. People wishing they sold their bitcoin, that wouldn't have been me. I'm just wishing I had a little more bitcoin I could spend/use. I know someone who is very bitcoin wealthy. He made nearly 5k bitcoin mining when it first started. He still has nearly 5k worth with no intention to sell.

12345mm

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:33:58 AM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me. I've been involved in virtual economies for many years now (mmorpg gold exchanges) and if anyone should have had the foresight to become an early adopter of bitcoin it should have been me but instead I was wasting my time fucking around with virtual gold. I wake up every morning feeling depressed.

Dude I hear you 1110% ... I played EA's Motor City Online over the course of a summer in high school and made several thousands of dollars selling "rare" virtual cars and digital dollars ... my first serious money making with digital crap ... this would have been something like 2001 2002 ... been a gamer involved in some way or another with virtual economies pretty much always since ... everquest wow etc etc ... most recently and relevantly to bitcoin regrets I had been playing Ultima Online from 2009 - 2013 ... wherein I actually spent the majority of my time MINING ... yes MINING ... with a custom automated script for the purpose of collecting raw ore , gemstones , rocks , and converting into the gold needed to become the dominant player on my shard ... that's right ... I literally spent 2009 - 2013 using a custom self programmed automated mining program and leaving my powerful computer on 24/7 for the purpose of virtual gold on Ultima Online ... I was likely a hair of a hair away from stumbling across bitcoin simply while searching online for mining programs for my gaming ... today I've stopped playing altogether and allowed all my castles and everything to collapse because ... well .. fuck it ... had I spent 2009 - 2013 mining bitcoin instead of mining UO bullshit I'd be a multi multi multi millionaire today , perhaps one of the richest people in bitcoin had I started that early and mined that consistently ... and again ... I WAS ***mining*** using an automated program during that time frame , I just wasn't mining bitcoin ... I've decided to buy a sailboat live off the coast of new zealand and get baked every day for the remainder of my life and spend my time diving hiking skiing kayaking ... at least there's nature and drugs to enjoy ... maybe some day I'll forget I should have had it all ...

Coinbase Is THE Place to Buy Your Bitcoins! https://coinbase.com/?r=528a0de17f383142df00040c&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link Sign Up For Cryptsy! Trade Alts! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=15696
BTC:   1Mrr2cPbZc4nmV236AS31vdCP24J9TbJpo   LTC:   LV5UoExrVxU3ddrCKCMZ2Wx5odbkUf7JhT
I Like Free Magic Internet Money! Smiley My Cryptsy Trade Key: ad89bb4885a1f92eb7efd5db30412676673ded0e
Skeksis

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:43:40 AM

To be honest, I didn't get into bitcoin to make money per say, I got into it to support a decentralized network. Making money doesn't have to mean selling your bitcoin for fiat. That would make you just like any other dumper. A bitcoin with high value is what its all about, not just about exchanging for fiat. Hence why all those people who used bitcoin for drugs, women etc have lost all their money. If I mined 1000 bitcoin prior to the 1000 bubble, I probably would have sold 20 btc to make a good wad to get my self some new gear for mining. People wishing they sold their bitcoin, that wouldn't have been me. I'm just wishing I had a little more bitcoin I could spend/use. I know someone who is very bitcoin wealthy. He made nearly 5k bitcoin mining when it first started. He still has nearly 5k worth with no intention to sell.

Well said. Sadly I think you're in the minority with these opinions. I also got into bitcoin because I loved the idea, but I also do see the potential to make some money from it but this is not guaranteed, but I'm still a big fan behind the concept and the political ramifications of bitcoin and what it can achieve. I'm in it for the long haul regardless pf price.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 07:40:39 PM

Well said. Sadly I think you're in the minority with these opinions. I also got into bitcoin because I loved the idea, but I also do see the potential to make some money from it but this is not guaranteed, but I'm still a big fan behind the concept and the political ramifications of bitcoin and what it can achieve. I'm in it for the long haul regardless pf price.
Regardless how much you love the technology and whatnot, there's nothing wrong in admiting you are here for the gains too, be gains in fiat or in btc, its all about purchasing power. Working fucking sucks and being rich is awesome, i want to be rich and i hate myself for not buying Bitcoin earlier, there will never be another opportunity like that during our lifetimes.
SargeR33

Activity: 112

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:31:13 PM

Regardless how much you love the technology and whatnot, there's nothing wrong in admiting you are here for the gains too, be gains in fiat or in btc, its all about purchasing power. Working fucking sucks and being rich is awesome, i want to be rich and i hate myself for not buying Bitcoin earlier, there will never be another opportunity like that during our lifetimes.

I think many can relate to you, it would have been nice but oh well. One thing to keep in mind though and thats the fact that easy come easy go. Like suggested earlier, those who got rich early off bitcoin aren't set for life. These people took a gamble on something new and got lucky. There was absolutely no knowledge that bitcoin was going to do what it did. Wasn't its estimated value meant to rest at around a few dollars? It wasn't a sustainable income. Once the bubble rose and burst, bitcoin popularity rose.

Lets say you cracked a couple mil, what would you have done with your dollars? Spend or invest?

H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:33:31 PM

Even if you had gotten into bitcoin, would you really have held into them through all the turmoil up to now? Or would you have sold when they hit a record breaking high of 32 dollars and crashed to 1.50? Don't regret your past, it made you who you are today. If you aren't happy with who you are today, then that's a separate issue. Money doesn't make someone happy, I'm fairly well off but I'm not happy because of that.

Gumara

Activity: 141

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:03:20 PM

Even if you had gotten into bitcoin, would you really have held into them through all the turmoil up to now? Or would you have sold when they hit a record breaking high of 32 dollars and crashed to 1.50? Don't regret your past, it made you who you are today. If you aren't happy with who you are today, then that's a separate issue. Money doesn't make someone happy, I'm fairly well off but I'm not happy because of that.
Yes. Almost 6 month i know btc and i enough happy, because i can save although untill now i not rich.

gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:02:29 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised by how sensitively a lot of people handled this. The internet isn't always known for its sympathy and decency.

Cookies for all, especially the OP who gets an extra big one
newflesh

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:24:33 PM

Finding the next big thing is already near impossible in life and now that bitcoin already exists, the probability of becoming an overnight millionaire by being an early adopter of another coin is near zero. I know people will say keep trying but I know in my heart bitcoin was my one and only way of becoming a millionaire in life and it was right under my nose.

I listen to this everyday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FjbEj6rmNg. It encapsulates my very real possibility of becoming very wealthy and my regret extremely well.

There's a lot more to life than becoming very wealthy, most of the rich people I know are chronically depressed.
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:37:12 PM

Yep. There is:

bacon
caek
the tear in a darling child's eye
The upcoming Shadowrun computer game
Firefly
bacon
teh intercourse
lovely dogs
bacon
Bill O'reilley screaming (see my avatar)
DOTA 2 (see the Dota league idea)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

bacon

To name but three

I wish I became a millionaire though. Apart from anything else; that would buy a lot of bacon.
Beymond

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:50:53 PM

We all are on same boat somewhere
We came up late and are repenting somewhere deep down to not join the BTC boat soon
newflesh

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:49:11 PM

Yep. There is:

bacon
caek
the tear in a darling child's eye
The upcoming Shadowrun computer game
Firefly
bacon
teh intercourse
lovely dogs
bacon
Bill O'reilley screaming (see my avatar)
DOTA 2 (see the Dota league idea)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

bacon

To name but three

I wish I became a millionaire though. Apart from anything else; that would buy a lot of bacon.

Bacon makes you depressed

wesk1212

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:50:51 PM

Sure bro.

Want a cookie ?

I wonder what ud say if your mom was in his shoes. Would u tell your mom to get a girlscout cookie?
U dont habe much money inyour life do u?

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:30:30 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2015, 09:47:10 PM by TaunSew

The earliest adopters of Bitcoin had to wait almost 5 years, although many sold before then.  It must had been emotional torture, before the 2013 boom, for an early adopter to refrain from spending their coins.  After all we had that one guy spent 10,000 Bitcoins on a Pizza.

OP would would had seen $10 or $50 Bitcoin aid said to themselves: "this is the peak!  Dump!" or wouldn't be able to resist the lure of spending $50K in free money on a new car or a series of vacations.  

I've read allegations that if Dread Pirates and Charlie Shrem were "hodl", instead of selling early and then getting into illegal activity, that they would had made way more money and they wouldn't be behind bars today.

As for people here who are burning alternates - if you had bought BTC in late 2013, at $1250, you since lost ~75%.   True a lot of (especially $hitcoin) alternates also went down but many of the better alternates still have many people (initial buyers) who have seen net gains.  If I was BTC only, I would have lost  75% of my money and then I would be depressed and wouldn't be here.  

Problem with Bitcoin can be all these get quick rich kids.  Bitcoin, according to Jeffrey Robinson, is only 250,000 users (and many wallets barely contain any sizable amounts) and yet has a capitalization it is already worth more than many companies around the world which have millions and tens of millions of customers.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
calci

Activity: 168

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:13:53 PM

Regret and depression because of the price ?
You should know about that, and if too depressed then selling is the best thing to do.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 12:33:49 AM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me.
We don't need another millionaire, and besides there is no room for you at the top of the pyramid.

“The plain fact is that the planet does not need more successful people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every kind. It needs people who live well in their places. It needs people of moral courage willing to join the fight to make the world habitable and humane. And these qualities have little to do with success as we have defined it.”
― David Orr

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: