Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:08:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regret and depression  (Read 14864 times)
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 04:50:17 AM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me. I've been involved in virtual economies for many years now (mmorpg gold exchanges) and if anyone should have had the foresight to become an early adopter of bitcoin it should have been me but instead I was wasting my time fucking around with virtual gold. I wake up every morning feeling depressed.

You are a very unlucky person, but it is not time to be hopeless. As long as you are there and living you still have hope. Don get depressed to much, instead of thinking too much try to move on and engage in bitcoin. Bitcoins price surges almost every year in great difference so you still have a chance to get rich. So start doing bitcoin and maybe later you are a very rich man.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:03:27 AM

why do you have depression and regret in life, you just simply think of yourself only with that way you will find it easy to face anything.

BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:12:12 AM

If you feel depressed you definitely need to seek help for your health. Beside that you have not missed out that much, may be you cannot be rich anymore overnight but you sure can be after a few years if you start collecting bitcoins just now. I know one year has passed and I want to know that you are still alive and haven't jump off the bridge like somebody was suggesting. I felt the same way in 2014 when I joined the bitcoin community and started collecting it, I have about just more than 3 bitcoins but I am collecting daily from my various jobs for bitcoin. I have strong belief that we can be the people who have made a difference in life after a few years. Honestly the fact that OP is still newbie since 2015 worries me a bit, I really hope he is alive and well but only he can clear this doubt.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 06:49:13 AM

We could have a whole load more people feeling like this if bitcoin or another cryptocutrrency does make it up to 1000s or even 1000s of thousands of dollars. With so many cryptocurrencys about now it would be easy to miss the one that is destined to be the one true coin. You cant hold every coin and a lot of people as it is short bitcoin everyday, All it would take would be a serious pump on bitcoin to be one of those people who would tell their grand kids about how they used to own 1 to10 bitcoins back when they where only $600 dollars each.

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 09:00:32 AM

If you feel depressed you definitely need to seek help for your health. Beside that you have not missed out that much, may be you cannot be rich anymore overnight but you sure can be after a few years if you start collecting bitcoins just now. I know one year has passed and I want to know that you are still alive and haven't jump off the bridge like somebody was suggesting. I felt the same way in 2014 when I joined the bitcoin community and started collecting it, I have about just more than 3 bitcoins but I am collecting daily from my various jobs for bitcoin. I have strong belief that we can be the people who have made a difference in life after a few years. Honestly the fact that OP is still newbie since 2015 worries me a bit, I really hope he is alive and well but only he can clear this doubt.

yeah get jacked up and addicted on corporate brain destroyers
great advice

Darwin02

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 09:10:46 AM

Ahh so he is the guy who bought the world's most expensive pizza  Grin
Guy must be so  mad he paid millions of dollars on a mediocre dominos pizza. I hope it was good...
The guy who sold him the pizza must be pretty happy.
Missed my boat on btc as well...

That pizza could have been one of the triggers for bitcoin's rise.
You need to have real life transactions before you can call your collectibles as currency.
For all you know, if he hadn't bought that pizza bitcoin's price trajectory might have been totally different.  Smiley
the pizza event is exactly what bitcoin is supposed to be, a currency to spend an buy stuff with not as an investment which is put away in a safe place in the hope of becoming a millionaire.
I want to know now what happen to the men who sell pizza for bitcoin and the first man who sell there car for bitcoin is those two is millionaire now?? Or  there the one who regret and sell there bitcoin after 😂😂

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
.TOKEN SALE. Apr 16 2018
      .DAICO.      May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:01:48 AM

Finding the next big thing is already near impossible in life and now that bitcoin already exists, the probability of becoming an overnight millionaire by being an early adopter of another coin is near zero. I know people will say keep trying but I know in my heart bitcoin was my one and only way of becoming a millionaire in life and it was right under my nose.

I listen to this everyday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FjbEj6rmNg. It encapsulates my very real possibility of becoming very wealthy and my regret extremely well.
it happens to most of us.I was about to hand reg 3n.com when they were available in numbers but somehow changed my mind.Now 3n.coms are sold in millions $.
I also felt bad when I was just like you looking for various online earning methods but completely ignored bitcoin.

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 10:29:13 AM

Guy must be so  mad he paid millions of dollars on a mediocre dominos pizza. I hope it was good...

You need to have real life transactions before you can call your collectibles as currency.
For all you know, if he hadn't bought that pizza bitcoin's price trajectory might have been totally different.  Smiley
the pizza event is exactly what bitcoin is supposed to be, a currency to spend an buy stuff with not as an investment which is put away in a safe place in the hope of becoming a millionaire.
I want to know now what happen to the men who sell pizza for bitcoin and the first man who sell there car for bitcoin is those two is millionaire now?? Or  there the one who regret and sell there bitcoin after 😂😂

If i remember rightly,  the guy who bought the pizza never became rich because he got rid of all his bitcoins before the jump up to stupid prices.  The thread is still on bitcoin talk somewhere.  As for the guy that sold the pizza,  I've never heard.  I suppose he probably is a bitcoin millionaire now.

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:57:18 AM

Very good point. Human mind looking for simple solutions while they often are sooooooooooooo complicated overlapping themselfs.
Buying this pizza with 10 000 bitcoins is one person tragedy, causing global news posivite for bitcoin in longer term, which led to much higher price of bitcoin and more people involved.

You can't forsee anything almost, too many variables.
outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 11:01:31 AM

I missed out as well, but we can try to accumulate as much as we can now. We are still ahead of most people in the world so we still have a shot at making some money. We just won't be filthy rich.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1130

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 11:07:37 AM

Everything has a reason why we didn't buy Bitcoin since it was new.. one thing comes through my mind that God has a purpose Smiley

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 11:35:49 AM

It only got a lot of media attention after the sudden price rise, thus making the pizza so expensive, after Bitcoin value had risen.
Point being, there would be another purchase if the pizza thing didn't happen, don't think that changed anything.

And to OP:
It's silly to have regret, you can spend your whole life feeling sorry for yourself that you didn't get into Bitcoin sooner, or you can focus on earning more instead of that.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 11:43:56 AM

i know this thread is more than a year old, but having regrets about not being early enough to buy bitcoin at ridiculously low prices back then is quite pointless. focus on the here and now and start buying now and hold your coins safely offline for at least a few years. otherwise you may also regret not having bought at todays prices. this is a good general advice to everyone.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 11:55:31 AM

i know this thread is more than a year old, but having regrets about not being early enough to buy bitcoin at ridiculously low prices back then is quite pointless. focus on the here and now and start buying now and hold your coins safely offline for at least a few years. otherwise you may also regret not having bought at todays prices. this is a good general advice to everyone.

Yes, I read also from the start and same regrets. It seems that its the same cycle on and on.Same argument. Your advise here is correct and from some who says "The best time to buy is, NOW" Smiley and thos who says the same, hope they are wealthier now if the follow their advice Smiley

Open for Campaigns
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 12:22:57 PM

I wonder what has become of op, he hasn't logged back in over a year and half, hope he's well. Yea I missed the Bitcoin train too but there is no sense in regret and I certainly don't wake up every morning depressed because of it. When depression shows it's nose, you just gotta give yourself a good kick in the backside and jump right back on the horse  Cheesy
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 12:54:28 PM

Nobody can predict the future, investing in gold was and is not a bad choice, gold has been proven more stable than bitcoin, you still has a chance to find another opportunities to make your way into wealthy person and i hope the op hasnt given up bitcoin and already get rid the depression and start a new life

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 01:13:35 PM

dude... we see good opportunities every day.
go to ANN section here, one of those sh*tcoins might worth more than bitcoin at some point. We are all here, we all have access but who knows what to invest?
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 02:10:40 PM

The best way to not even feel worse regret and depression is to buy amd buy as much BTC as possible at whatever price, and hold 10 years from the time you buy. Only this way will save you from depressive suicide in 10 years when you are older and you realize you could have been rich again.
chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 02:15:24 PM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me. I've been involved in virtual economies for many years now (mmorpg gold exchanges) and if anyone should have had the foresight to become an early adopter of bitcoin it should have been me but instead I was wasting my time fucking around with virtual gold. I wake up every morning feeling depressed.

The important part there is that i believe you should have learned alot thru the years you have been in this industry why not try to share more experience to new ones and impart some leasons in that way you may somehow overcome your depression and able to grow again goodluck
Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 02:24:21 PM

BTCitcoin may be deflationary but it's not the only system in place  Unless a large part of the population of the world were forced to used BTCitcoin could this happen if you consider the potential that the price might one day be going up further than what it is today, then by all means it's still not too late or you want some cooookies and you need a break
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: