Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:52:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares Loves Puppies  (Read 23162 times)
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:36:39 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 02:32:23 PM by StanLarimer

Other BitShares community members relentlessly working on better decentralized exchange interfaces...

Heres another rough layout.

with this layout you could potentially make the right column and the left column popout drawers that you could push out of the way to really maximize the viewable chart.

The "order history" on the right could also be tabbed with "Your Order history"

The tabs on the top left are getting kind of cramped, there's probably a better way to do that.

Good suggestions and I really like this layout.  I was going to suggest the depth chart in that location but was worried about it looking too cramped but it looks good!  

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:43:02 AM

Oh yes, and the BitShares p2p road trip presses on in style...

Your BTS cronies look like a bunch of deranged hippies.  Why don't they get a shave and attempt to look like respectable individuals instead of spreading Communism door-to-door across America?  Someone needs to report this to Homeland Security.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:46:36 AM

Meanwhile,  BitShares Play rears its head...

DAC Sun Never Set.

Introducing the opensource decentralized game platform PLAY.
http://www.dacsunlimited.com

The latest official release can always be found at this URL:
https://github.com/dacsunlimited/dac_play/releases/latest

Upon unleashing, decentralized technology runs on its own, just like the Internet. The power of decentralization crashes any bureaucracy or censorship that tries to stop it.

WELCOME TO THE DACPLAY WORLD!
-DACSunlimited
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:52:04 AM

We've got so much stuff going on it's like herding puppies!

Maybe even 101 puppies...

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:33:05 AM

Wow, so much fantastic stuff going on around Bitshares.

When are you guys going to do some Canada tours?
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:44:24 PM

Well, this trip is going so well I'm pretty sure they will do another one.

I hear the BunkerSharesTM BitShares Data Center Bunker is on their bucket list near Debert, Nova Scotia, Canada.

http://www.falloutcomplex.com/
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:54:15 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 11:55:42 PM by StanLarimer

What's in your wallet?

The BitShares Decentralized Exchange
Smart currencies are just its product,
A safe place to trade is its business.

Everybody seems to be designing a cool contender to be the best BitShares Wallet / Decentralized Exchange Interface.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:03:24 PM

A bit more from Dan Notestein, the blocktrades.us CEO:

If you've been interested in purchasing PeerTrack's Notes (http://peertracks.com) directly using BitCoin, but haven't wanted to go through the trouble and expenses associated with making multiple coin conversions across exchanges, BlockTrades.us (https://blocktrades.us) is offering an easy way to get started.

Blocktrades.us has just added support for buying and selling  Notes with BitCoin, BitShares, BitUSD, BitCNY, and BitBTC.  No sign up is required to purchase coins on the site, and coin purchases complete within two bitcoin confirmations (or around 30s for conversions between BitShares coin types).

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:12:39 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 11:31:29 PM by StanLarimer

BitShares Meetup in Blacksburg, VA, USA will host the BitShares Peer-to-Peer Roadtrip Thursday.
The BitShares Dev Team, including Bytemaster, will attend.
http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-and-Beyond-Meetup/events/221509663/?a=ea1_grp&rv=ea1

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:09:15 PM

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:55:53 AM

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:47:43 AM

If you've been interested in purchasing PeerTrack's Notes (http://peertracks.com) directly using BitCoin, but haven't wanted to go through the trouble and expenses associated with making multiple coin conversions across exchanges, BlockTrades.us (https://blocktrades.us) is offering an easy way to get started.

Blocktrades.us has just added support for buying and selling  Notes with BitCoin, BitShares, BitUSD, BitCNY, and BitBTC.  No sign up is required to purchase coins on the site, and coin purchases complete within two bitcoin confirmations (or around 30s for conversions between BitShares coin types).

Hi Stan,

As we discussed it in other threads, Bitshares is a great technology and great idea, really innovative and Dan seems a nice and honest guy, but I was just wondering isn't it Bitshares fall under the illegal securities offering in the United States? I am based in the UK so I am not sure about the US regulations, but as far as I know it is illegal to offer not listd company shares in the US to not qualified investors. In the meantime you are promoting the project as a decentralized company and while I understand the Bitshares assets has a digital currency role as well, but apart from the digital currency function it is a de-facto company share too with voting rights, so don't you think you will be in trouble with the US law enforcement regarding to this project?
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:05:15 AM

Blocktrades.us has just added support for buying and selling  Notes with BitCoin, BitShares, BitUSD, BitCNY, and BitBTC.  No sign up is required to purchase coins on the site, and coin purchases complete within two bitcoin confirmations (or around 30s for conversions between BitShares coin types).

Hi Stan,

As we discussed it in other threads, Bitshares is a great technology and great idea, really innovative and Dan seems a nice and honest guy, but I was just wondering isn't it Bitshares fall under the illegal securities offering in the United States? I am based in the UK so I am not sure about the US regulations, but as far as I know it is illegal to offer not listd company shares in the US to not qualified investors. In the meantime you are promoting the project as a decentralized company and while I understand the Bitshares assets has a digital currency role as well, but apart from the digital currency function it is a de-facto company share too with voting rights, so don't you think you will be in trouble with the US law enforcement regarding to this project?

They've apparently spent a very, very large amount of money on lawyers to help protect them from this.
altcoinUK

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:29:30 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 11:53:44 AM by altcoinUK

Have the lawyers changed the US regulations without the involvement of the Congress and Senate and without making the change of regulations public? Because my understanding was that the law regarding to illegal security offering is still in effect, but gain I am not familiar with the US legislative situation regarding to this.
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:12:59 PM

The company metaphor is used for pedagogical purposes to help people locked into the original Bitcoin paradigm think bigger.  We interchangebly use ten different metaphors to expand people's understanding of the potential of transparent public ledgers.  

For example, see What is BitShares?

Dr. Charles Evans wrote a great (and funny) article on letstalkbitcoin about the virtues and limits of using metaphors to describe revolutionary new products.  Remember the "Horseless Carriage"?   Here's a link:  A bitRose by any other Name.

We often describe Bitcoin itself as an unprofitable unmanned company to point out the appalling waste of POW mining as its security and distribution mechanism.  Does that suddenly make Satoshi an issuer of a security?

Anyway, we have been thoroughly instructed by five different law firms about the kind of businesses in which we can engage.  Thus far shall we go and no further.   Smiley

altcoinUK

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 01:36:26 PM

All right then, and thanks for the reply. I was asking from purely investor viewpoint about this legal risk. Perhaps it would be useful if you could post more about that legality issue or why it is not an issue at all.
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:15:06 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 06:04:20 PM by StanLarimer

From your Mighty Master of Mixed Metaphors...

BitShares was "sharedropped" into existence by dacsunlimited.com who merely recommended a publicly defined distribution list specifying a targeted demographic of other coin users (BTC and PTS). Anyone could download DAC Sun's custom version of BitShares's public domain software and claim any free tokens to which they already held the keys.  The first person to run that free software launched a new blockchain and others then joined in to form a new peer to peer network among themselves based on their shared consensus that DAC Sun's software would regulate their interactions with each other.

The resulting asset, BitShares, trades as an ordinary crypto-currency on several ordinary crypto exchanges just like Bitcoin.  As a second-generation "smart coin" it supports an enhanced set of transaction types that affect how and when the internal bookkeeping tokens are transferred among users of the distributed software according to a fixed and transparent set of rules.  External third party applications analogous to specialized bitcoin wallets use those underlying transaction types to implement whatever metaphor the application designer thinks will be useful for helping ordinary folks take advantage of these new transaction types.

• Some of these third party applications use the Bitcoin wallet metaphor (aka "skin") because that is familiar to the Bitcoin community.
  • Others use the skin metaphor of a decentralized exchange - because that is the easiest way to visualize and specify certain transaction types.
  • Others are planned to look like checkbooks or on-line bank accounts because many consumers are familiar with thinking that way.
  • To some, it will have an uncanny resemblance to a public voting booth.
  • Some interfaces won't use a computer at all - you'll have an ordinary debit card that you load and spend like any other.

But under it all, BitShares is just an (extra)ordinary second-generation crypto-currency with many 3rd party "skins" to help different types of people use it more effectively.

Owners of BitShares tokens get to elect service providers who represent that they are legally able to perform certain unregulated functions in their jurisdictions.  These are very simple everyday functions, like notarizing (signing) digital documents, providing public data feeds, and writing open source software.  But there is no human corporate structure in any jurisdiction that owns or controls it.  

Thus, BitShares is merely a transparent public ledger that exhibits a different customized emergent behavior made manifest to each individual depending upon the set of software that individual uses to interact with it.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 08:37:02 PM

And here's what's going on with BitShares Vote team...

I promised the community that we would send out a recap of my recent visit to Norway to introduce our voting solution to the Pirate Party of Norway. To this end, we've just published a story on the Follow My Vote website that covers the event! So, be sure to check out the link below:

https://followmyvote.com/follow-my-vote-and-the-pirate-party-make-plans-for-the-future-of-voting/

We've also published another story on the BitShares Blog to maximize coverage: http://bitshares.org/blog/. As an fyi, we will be promoting these blog posts, as well as the youtube video throughout the web over this week and next and will keep the community updated on how many people we reach/views we get. We'd love your help in spreading the word as well.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 12:32:25 AM

The BitShares Peer to Peer Road Trip reaches the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center...

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 12:53:25 AM

Puppies won't save your Bubble.

Thanks for posting pics of the people that are your BTS "counterparty that doesn't exist"...
You guys have no idea how many US securities regulations have been breached.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: