Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:52:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares Loves Puppies  (Read 23161 times)
bitcreditscc

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 08:44:33 PM

WTF is this? "BitShares loves puppies" got another meaning after

I suggest to start a new thread. FUDers have won this battle against your marketing team.

#shotsfired

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:15:46 PM

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:34:02 PM

-> #Bitshares2k15

Moonstone - New Bitsapphire Wallet: Fundraiser proposal
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14274.0

Cryptosmith: BitSilver to silver website construction has begun!!!
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14266.0

Mobile Wallet - Testers needed
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11902.0

[ANN] Cryptohedge Financial Services soft launch
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13904.0

January Newsletter #BitsharesMusic
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13697.0

Bitshares Client 1.0

Lightweight Client

BitSharesMusic
PeerTracks
Escrow
ColdStorage

Cryptohedge

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:41:52 PM

This is basically one hour with Bytemaster answering questions from the public and (IMHO) letting way too much slip about what's coming next.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 12:53:23 AM

Here's Cass's latest design.  
Glad to see the BitShares GUI starting to shine.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 12:58:27 AM

The Bitshares ecosystem provides a magical user experience

Guys, among all the bitching and moaning on this forum, I just wanted to share my Bitshares experience lately.

The Bitshares experience is so quick and easy that I find myself NOT using Bitcoin anymore. For example, I used to buy every Humble Bundle for Bitcoin and thought that it was easy and fast, but lately having to launch and sync that monstrosity (Bitcoin Core client) made me not want to do that. I don't trust any other wallets and syncing alone takes several hours.

Then suddenly I realized that I can spend BitUSD using Shapeshift! It took like two minutes and I spent like 10.30 BitUSD for a $10 game.

Then today I wanted to buy some factoids (factom presale tokens). I registered on koinify and instead of launching and shuffling my BTC around (witch would again take half a day) I decided to try Metaexchange. To my surprise it was even faster and easier than shapeshift! I made the transfer in the Bitshares client and BOOM the koinify page immediately says 'Congratulations, you've got yourself some factoids'.

Shuffling my assets around on the internal exchange has been a blast too. If BitBTC had any liquidity I'd happily convert most of my BTC to it.

I also just reactivated my Neteller account and the Net+ mastercard and loaded it with some BitUSD via shapeshift lens and after 7 days I will be able to take it out from any ATM for free! (not available in the US though). BitUSD really is like having an untouchable bank account in the cloud without having to worry about all the price nonsense. It's secure and accessible and you can spend it wherever Bitcoin is accepted. Pro poker players, dark market vendors, entrepreneurs in unfavorable jurisdictions, investors in unjust tax jurisdictions... Thinking how many people are DESPERATE for this product just makes my head explode.
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:55:59 AM

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 12:30:28 PM

Some of you may find this article interesting...

Gateways and Bridges

Read the rest here...

Gateways and Bridges
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:42:45 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 01:05:07 AM by StanLarimer

BitShares Barbecue and Possum Roast Attendees

Pitchforks.
When hard forks just aren't enough...
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:56:17 AM

For completeness sake, since this is a thread about everything happening in BitShares, here is a link to what's happening with BitShares Music, aka PeerTracks!  You can trade their token right now on the BitShares Decentralized Exchange!

http://whatarenotes.info/

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 03:14:20 AM

Here is a fascinating new fundraising model that makes clever use of a variety of BitShares mechanisms.
Just goes to show how BitShares is changing the way things can be developed now that wouldn't have been before.
In this case, it's a way to lend a third party developer money to build the Moonstone wallet and earn a pretty nice rate of return.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:57:12 PM

Great overview of BunkerShares - another company launching on BitShares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2fcUSYiz_w

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:13:11 PM

No puppies there ... spiked and eaten?
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:29:06 PM

Somebody had to stay back at the office to keep up with all the press releases...

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:32:52 PM

Peer to Peer Road Trip Successfully Completed

Having driven over 4400 miles in 24 days,
while conducting over 13 interviews with community members and core devs in 7 states,
I can definitely say it was worth every mile!

It was a long and inspiring journey!
We learned so much on this trip, and captured some really great footage along the way.

Read the rest here:
http://bitscape.io/from-the-southern-wilds-to-the-north-country/
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:46:58 PM

Another great delegate report from BitShares Argentina.

Bitshares Team Argentina

Who we are:

• Francisco Osca (@fran2k). Event Organizer and Speaker on presentations. Marketing.
  • Ariel Aguilar. Argentinian Bitcoin evangelist. See his Bitcoin Evangelism Plan Crowdfunding Campaign.
  • Matias Romeo (@elmato) Programmer. Main developer of LimeWallet (ex BitWallet) Already delegate (elmato). Speaker on Bitshares presentations.
  • Pablo Tutino (@dargonar) Programmer. Main developer of LimeWallet (ex BitWallet) Shares delegate with Matias Romero (elmato).
  • Etienne Marcus (@etimarcus) Programmer & Designer. Speaker on Bitshares presentations.
    See Intro.
  • Maria Palma. Photographer and filmmaker.
  • Nahuel Peerz (@rnglab). Multitask. Sysadmin.

Actual Contributions:

• Monthly Buenos Aires Bitcoin meetup. This has been done in four meetups in a row since December 2014, doing three talks, one wallet workshop and three BitUSD paper wallet giveaways.
  • Also in other events from or in collaboration with local Bitcoin community. We are doing monthly meetups and drinkups and one yearly conference (LaBitCoinf, next one at the end of year in Mexico), stands, talks, paper wallet giveaways + installing ElMato mobile wallet, on every suitable conference.
  • Building a local Bitshares community, “Bitshares Buenos Aires”, and expand to other strategic regions when it becomes strategic as well. Creating and managing Bitshares Buenos Aires Meetup site and Facebook community / page.
  • A monthly Bitshares exclusive meetup with talks, Q&A,  paper wallets giveaways, etc.
  • Creation, translation and spreading of content.
  • BitShares101 ebook already translated into spanish.
  • Brochures, stickers, etc.
  • Tri fold already translated and being printed.
  • Collaboration with the video production team.
  • Audio and video registration of talks and podcasts. Two already done with matt608.
  • Collaboration with @elmato and @dargonar for LimeWallet (ex BitWallet) testing and diffusion (mobile wallet assisted installations on Meetups, attenders instantly redeems BitUSD paper wallet giveaways with great acceptance).
  • Participation with stands  and talks in several conferences. We are teaming up with Ariel Aguilar, which is one of the principal marketers of bitcoin in Argentina, to share stands in several conferences.
  • Paper Wallets: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,11847.msg188492.html#msg188492
  • Our past meetups

Updates on delegate team

We want to thank Mat608 for his great work as Argentina Marketing partner and his initiative on this delegate creation, wise driving and reliable administration. We are proud to have his confidence as delegate successor, and wish him the best for his upcoming projects.

We agreed with Matt on a delegate replacement for argentina-marketing-matt608, and he kindly accepted to run his delegate a couple extra months so we can prove integrity and commitment to the community while coordinating the new delegate registration and vote swap proposition.

With actual team reorganization we are working voluntarily. No one is getting paid for their contributions until we prove being valuable for the network. If a specific service needs to be paid to someone, that will be proposed in advance.

Budget allocation

Given our main goal to target already crypto-friendly public until BitShares stable release, expenses have been low. As long time active members of Bitcoin Argentina community, we already have place and resources to create Meetups and participate on many conferences and other crypto related events. Costs are many times limited just to BitUSD paper wallet giveaways, printing and little else.

Matt has around 1500 BitUSD delegate savings (plus last weeks payouts).  He has already covered his delegate registration fee.

We want to keep this direction, while making bigger plans for the upcoming times.
We would like to have some feedback at this point:
  • Do you think we should keep saving as much as possible until 1.0 release?
  • If so, what percentage would you like us to allocate on actual conferences as paper wallet giveaways, tri fold printing, etc?
  • Should we start a discrete paid advertising campaign prior to 1.0 release?
  • Should we remain filming talks at this moment?
  • Would be right if we use funds to pay the delegate registration before the vote swap?
  • Would you like BitShares to sponsor Ariel Aguilar Bitcoin Evangelist conferences on one of his sponsorship/pricing categories? I.e. in the 250USD we could have access to participation in stands in top tier conferences where we can giveaway paper wallets + brochures. (See his Bitcoin Evangelism Plan Crowdfunding Campaign.)
  • Any other input is also welcome

We'd like to hear all views that contribute to align the community on a steady course
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 11:56:04 PM

Every once in a while (ok, constantly) I like to post examples that show off the best of the BitShares community in action.
The "New Money Channel" could become what people in my generation used to call "stinking cool" before we became sophisticated and erudite intellectuals.  Solomon is running for a BitShares Delegate slot.  Why aren't you?

Stan

UPDATE:

Yeah I probably shouldn't have hidden this news in the original post but just so everyone knows in request of the Bitshares community I have created this video for Bitshares community member DataSecurityNode (aka Jon) and his project Bunkershares. You can check it out here:

Bunkershares
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuW0jl1NIUA

This was to show what I can accomplish on my own with basically no budget. It was great working with Jon and I'm glad we could help each other out where it was needed. We both have powered by Bitshares projects.If you enjoyed this video and would like to see more content created from me for Bitshares please vote for my delegate.

Delegate: Sollywood.Sollars-com
http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegate/votes?name=sollywood.sollars-com

We went from position 5400 to 270 in less than 24 hours. Thank you to all who voted for me. Remember to remind your representatives in Virginia to also vote for me too. They represent you and this community. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. This Powered by Bitshares movement is just getting started. And I'm not just talking, I'm walking. So walk with me.

Next up I will be doing exactly what is described in March's Null Street post and that is making Sollywood TV with Sollars and Sense the killer app Bitshares needs. If you need a review you can check out the original Post of this thread. Basically the MVP for Sollywood TV w Sollars and Sense will be a kickstarter / crowdsale (with front end prototype for visually illustrating the experience).

In addition...

I will be shooting a "making of" documentary series around the kickstarter / crowdsale launch of Sollywood TV with Sollars and Sense UIA. The documentary series will explore in detail how Sollywood TV with Sollars and Sense is a practical example of how digital currencies can fix consumer pain points today and not tomorrow.

MOST IMPORTANTLY it will show the human side of currency entrepreneurship through the eyes of Solomon "Sollywood" Adekale and a lot of my daily life as an currencipreneur trying to make his American Dream happen in Chicago. I'm a very interesting person. My life is interesting and my American story is going to be something average everyday people especially my generation (millennials) will connect with.

I will be touching on various topics through out the series and giving my take on a lot of issues surrounding money and the culture (of entrepreneurship). I will be interacting and engaging with my city and the production crew and tech teams who are engaged with helping develop the prototype.

New Money is the New American Dream and I'm living it.

This series basically means what I originally came here to do is now back on. The New Money documentary series will be a powered by Bitshares piece starring yours truly. It will mostly be shot in Chicago and potentially Virginia. Full details of the KickStarter/Crowdsale and the documentary series will come. But for now this is what I've got. I'm very excited that it's going  Cheesy

The series will premiere on the New Money channel I've created for this crowdsale (the channel everyone (especially millennials  Grin) will be subscribing too) and the pilot episode will launch when the kickstarter launches. I've already begun pre-production and am putting together my production crew for this project.

I will be shooting for a similar kickstarter campaign to Ouya I will pull off what they did and aim to raise a full seed round from those individuals who want to see a true alternative to our Cable system with New Money as a solution. And my bet is a lot of people will want that. Actually a lot of people will DESPERATELY want that. Even if its not something that will completely change the old system over night, if it even has a hint of looking like the future or a hint that it makes $ense. People will support it and its development. It is now my job to produce the content that will show them this is what they want to support as the future.

I will do that through this Crowdsale and Documentary series. Its going to be a big deal. I don't want to hype it but this is going to be a BIG DEAL. Let me know if there are any questions. If anyone wants to help out or support again this is the ground floor. We are aiming to get this kickstarter launched in the summer time. We've already begun pre-production and production starts in a couple of weeks. Look out for me. Don't say I didn't warn you  Wink
MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 04:54:45 AM

Two questions:
1- can bitshares client connect through TOR, if so how?
2- is there a bootstrap download

thanks
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:41:44 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2015, 03:39:15 PM by StanLarimer

I'll get you an answer when our developers wake up...

EDIT:

BitShares developers have not done any integration with TOR.
No reason why someone couldn't though...

From BitShares Developer Nathan:

I haven't attempted to connect BTS through TOR, but in theory it should work fine. Maybe try torify?

As to a bootstrap download, there's no official one but I have a personal one at https://nathanhourt.com/raw_chain.tar.xz
Unpack it into $DATA_DIR/chain/ and then open the client. It will still have to reindex, but it should only need to sync the last day or so. If connecting through TOR, this should be much, much faster.

MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 06:27:10 AM

I'll get you an answer when our developers wake up...

Thanks Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: