Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:36:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares Loves Puppies  (Read 23162 times)
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:33:16 AM

I remember the page you are talking about.  
Lots of little circle shaped pictures.
I think that was lost when Invictus released BitShares to its owners.
Now there is no such central team and no Invictus web site.
Think of Invictus as just a development "contractor" that delivered its product to the world as open source and then ceased crypto operations.
So that web site has been taken down.
I'm not sure if a backup exists, but perhaps Google archives or some volunteer has it.

Oh ok. Thanks.

It might be a good idea to have a page for your team, advisers, founders, etc.. at bitshares.org.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:46:12 AM

I remember the page you are talking about.  
Lots of little circle shaped pictures.
I think that was lost when Invictus released BitShares to its owners.
Now there is no such central team and no Invictus web site.
Think of Invictus as just a development "contractor" that delivered its product to the world as open source and then ceased crypto operations.
So that web site has been taken down.
I'm not sure if a backup exists, but perhaps Google archives or some volunteer has it.

Oh ok. Thanks.

It might be a good idea to have a page for your team, advisers, founders, etc.. at bitshares.org.

That's entrapment.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:07:23 PM

Someone was nice enough to track down this link.
It's WAY out of date and has broken links, but it is probably the one you were seeking.

http://web.archive.org/web/20141015084123/http://bitshares.org/community/team/
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:45:15 PM

It's WAY out of date and has broken links, but it is probably the one you were seeking.

YES!  That's it..

Isn't that team the same team active at Bitshares today? 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:13:14 PM

A lot of them are still involved in BitShares in many independent capacities.
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:50:09 PM

The latest at BeyondBitShares.org

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:53:33 PM

Forwarded to Homeland Security for the "Most Wanted" posters.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:37:49 PM

Forwarded to Homeland Security for the "Most Wanted" posters.

Excellent BitShares PR!  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2015, 12:26:43 AM

Bitshares Technical Analysis for 5/21/2015: http://themerkle.com/speculation/bitshares-technical-analysis-for-5212015/4774/
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 04:28:34 PM

Developer Hangout with Bytemaster

This one includes a complete transcript, for quick skimming.  Here's a sample:

40:10 Clip from LetsTalkBitcoin: Adam Levine on Ripple’s IOUs and black/whitelisting.

Andreas Antonopoulos concludes that with Ripple the cryptoeconomy has gone from free and decentralized to PayPal in three years. What are your thoughts on this clip?

Daniel Larimer: Adam described the situation perfectly and that the only problem people have is.. you know we need assets that can trade on a blockchain so that we don’t have centralized exchanges. Everything single time someone transfers their money to a centralized exchange they are creating Adam-bucks or Gox-bucks or Bitfinex-bucks, it’s no different. All we’re doing is having the exchange put assets on the blockchain ledger and once they’re on a blockchain that means their assets can be used in smart contracts, whereas when they’re on the ledger, there’s a lot more restrictions. If you’re on an exchange’s database you can only do what that database will allow, if you put it on the blockchain you can do anything the blockchain will allow .

It’s giving people the freedom to do both, The Bitcoin purists out there say, we’re not going to allow anything that has these features to even exist on the same protocol. It’s cutting off your network-effect, it’s cutting off your ability to integrate and is denying people a lot of value that they can have.  I think that the mistake they make is to conflate User-Issued Assets with core assets – that’s the difference between BitShares and Ripple. Ripple actually froze XRP, for some users, but in BitShares you can never have your BTS frozen, and in that sense BitShares is like Bitcoin, and the User-Issued Assets are like assets issued on CounterParty; you wouldn’t blame Bitcoin for Counterparty allowing issuers to Freeze the asset. Same thing: You don’t blame BitShares, because it is perfectly usable even if you have user-issued assets, and what he didn’t mention was that BitShares offers another option which is the market-issued asset which gives you all the price stability of these IOUs without the restriction, without having an issuer having to comply with these laws or hold the funds. So BitShares gives an option, and he didn’t describe that option, so at most he was on a mission, but what he described was perfectly accurate.

45:00 Fuzzy: It does not seem fair that they put us in there with Ripple

Daniel Larimer: I thought that was perfectly fair, they are comparing a feature of BitShares to the entirety of Ripple.. which makes us much bigger than Ripple. The fact of the matter is that when I talk to major banks, and they tell me about their efforts to integrate with .. is they are not interested in Bitcoin at all – Bitcoin does not work for them, for settlement between banks, it doesn’t work for them to integrate with them, but they do want to integrate with crypto – they want to take advantages of cryptotechnology, so we can hold your Bitcoin, and not integrate, but if you want to integrate and play you need to have a more robust feature-set than Bitcoin supports.

We discussed this last week; I am about finding free market solutions to secure our life, liberty and property, and that means that we need to have free market solutions that give us price stability, privacy, identity. And those three things we need to have solutions for, we can’t just say “whups it’s impossible” we’re not going to do it, or “sorry, we don’t have any privacy, everything has to be public”  or “sorry, no identity, everything has to be anonymous” because fact of the matter is, if anonymous currencies were the only option in the market then there are other problems that come about with kidnapping and ransoms and you know those scenarios – the free market needs to have a solution.

And I want solutions that do not require force, that don’t allow you to be coerced, and where there is no single person that can leverage you on your financial.. you need financial freedom and part of that freedom incorporates all of those things, so when someone rails against our platform having the option of having these features, you’re denying the need of having those features in a free market. It’s not the KYC process or the whitelisting process or the ability to freeze accounts that is the issue – and it’s not even companies or international companies that are the issue – it’s governments that can use coercion to compel these companies to do thing that they would not do in a free market. So I think a lot of companies in a free market, the market would probably settle on some reasonable Know Your Customer requirements – because that’s where all the money would be that’s where people feel most safe, but companies must also balance that with privacy; it will be like swiss banks where you don’t get to see who owns what and all that stuff. You can trust companies because they are competing with each other, but when you have governments coming in and coercing these companies, it’s a completely different ball-game, it’s no longer a free market.

In the free market you can trust people, because trust is a valuable commodity, and big companies are almost entirely in their trust. You buy from Apple, because of the brand, and the brand is all about the trust they have earned. And nobody is going to burn their trust to cheat one or two customers.

Right now governments and regulations create high barriers to entry which, the higher the barriers to entry, the higher these companies can abuse their power because they have already got it, but the lower the barrier to entry the more balanced the free market becomes. So I think it’s very bad to adopt a mindset that says, all these different things are just absolutely wrong and that we need complete privacy. People want complete privacy and anonymity because they are afraid of the government and companies doing that is not an issue, a blockchain that supports private entities doing that is not an issue, and fact of the matter is a blockchain that allows private individuals to self-organize and self-police without coercion is a tougher target for governments to attack than something like Bitcoin, where all you have to do is say “think of the children!” and now suddenly Bitcoin is outlawed or has negative PR, and you need to maintain a balance of these things to get wide acceptance and wide acceptance is necessary for us to actually have any freedom with cryptocurrency.

55:00 Daniel Larimer on Decentralization and Freedom

There’s always going to be blockchains that give you freedom. Obviously BitShares the core token is going to be that way. But I don’t think there is reason to fear or exclude others those who do the other things. I think bringing the others onto our platform gives users of our platform who want the privacy or don’t want to reveal their identity, the option to trade the free asset for the restricted asset, and this gives the free asset more value, versus one that does not have this option.

The fear that people have against Ripple is if they come dominant we are right back where we are today, with governments controlling access to funds just by having an account, they can cut you off financially by blacklisting you with the banks and if that becomes dominant a new system has to be bootstrapped and you have to acquire the network effect all over again, but I think that’s just going to be the nature of society. As one country evolves a tyranny a new country has to start up and there’s a revolution, and if eventually people lose sight of it and you have to do it over, and over and over again until we figure out a way to maintain freedom.
deeprocks

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:19:00 PM

no only does bitshgares love puppies WE ALL DO Cheesy

favdesu
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 07:24:07 PM

BitShares Loves Puppies!

These are actual Great Pyrenees puppies raised by BitShares Founder Dan "Bytemaster" Larimer.

oh my god, they're super cute Smiley

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:37:40 AM

Latest BitShares Newsletter...

BitShares supporters,

Once again, we are excited to bring you the latest issue of the NullStreet Journal, filled with tons of updates and progress reports from across our community. If you haven’t heard yet, the BitShares core dev team will soon be announcing the results of several months of planning and coding, so be sure to tune in to www.bitsharestalk.org starting on early June to hear the news and join the conversation.  Meanwhile, please enjoy our most recent community organized effort to bring you the all the best in BitShares news.

Cass & CryptoPrometheus

Nullstreet Journal Vol. 0.4 - PDF   |   Mailchimp campaign
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 03:15:41 AM

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:09:05 AM

Listen Here

“Jim Willie is essentially an Icon in the new economy movement and I am not entirely certain he realizes it yet.  He brings high quality Economics forecasting content to his customers at the Golden Jackass Report’s Homepage: www.goldenjackass.com

This content is generally based on Geopolitical and Geoeconomic events, coupled with some insider leaks and a skill in data analytics that helps him paint a vivid picture of current world events.  He does so liberally with a wide and wet brush.  I’d have it no other way.

I hope everyone enjoys learning from him and also our conversations about the blockchain (with special consideration for BitShares) and the potential solutions it enables our current paradigm’s as-yet-irreconcilable problems.  This will be fun for everyone despite the dark tone of some of the forecasting because although Jim’s focus isn’t forecasting sun-shiney days, at least his delivery has a level of humor.  I hope you brought your thinking cap…and maybe a fresh pint to set the tone!” 

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 06:38:40 AM

Soon you will have an exchange that you can wire transfer USD to from anywhere in the world and then trade for BitUSD.    Also supported BitCNY and BitEUR.   

Details will be available in a few weeks, but we have a commitment and are actively testing integration and were given permission to make this post Wink   

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16594.0.html

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:39:18 AM

“Jim Willie is essentially an Icon in the new economy movement and I am not entirely certain he realizes it yet. 

What's this about NEM? I'm confused.
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:28:59 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 04:22:37 AM by StanLarimer

Lots of flagrantly unauthorized leaks about this Summer's announcements.  Please ignore them.

Wink

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:35:43 AM

BitShares supporters,

Once again, we are excited to bring you the latest issue of the NullStreet Journal, filled with tons of updates and progress reports from across our community. If you haven’t heard yet, the BitShares core dev team will soon be announcing the results of several months of planning and coding, so be sure to tune in to www.bitsharestalk.org starting on early June to hear the news and join the conversation.  Meanwhile, please enjoy our most recent community organized effort to bring you the all the best in BitShares news.

Cass & CryptoPrometheus

Nullstreet Journal Vol. 0.4 - PDF   |   Mailchimp campaign
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:12:43 PM

[ANN] Limit orders added to Metaexchange - world first!

Hi everyone,

Metaexchange has become the first ever exchange to allow it's users to place cross-blockchain limit orders without registration!

What this means is that anyone with the relevant wallets can simply go to our site, enter their receiving address, price and expiry time, send a transaction and have it rest on our orderbook until it either gets filled, or expires! No need to register, no need to log in / log out, the process is totally frictionless.

We're opening this feature up on our first two markets, BTS/BTC and bitBTC/BTC, with more markets to come in the future.

New features for BTS/BTC and bitBTC/BTC markets:

*) You can now place limit orders on our using the same registration free process you're used to
*) Set your own refund address for buy orders to avoid the problem where funds are automatically refunded to an exchange's wallet in case of failure
*) Soft refund policy - orders are filled as much as possible and only the remainder is refunded instead of the entire order
*) More liquidity is available in both markets for larger orders
*) Get a quote (using the input boxes at the top) for any given order size before you place your order
*) See our full orderbooks (using Expert mode)
*) Your browser will now save your bitshares/bitcoin and refund addresses so you don't need to type them in each time

Here is a screenshot:

Needless to say this was a big undertaking, which is why there hasn't been an update from me in a while. Nevertheless, we would love to hear your feedback about the new metaexchange, so please let us know what you think!

Cheers, Paul.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: