Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:09:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NewDeal2014 SCAMMER  (Read 3108 times)
poksak (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:48:53 AM

Uninteresting case. Three parties:

1) Poksak
2) Newdeal2014
3) Amazon seller (Bits of Cool

It seems Poksak honored their part of the deal (independently verified by Blazr). It seems Newdeal2014received a battery instead of a miner (unverified)

There are two obvious scenarios:
1) The Amazon seller scammed by sending a battery instead of a miner.
2) Newdeal2014scammed by receiving the miner but claiming they received a battery.

I am leaning towards 1) but there's no evidence to support it. In both cases there is no blame on Poksak because he ordered the exact item that Newdeal2014requested.

Most importantly, neither party seems genuinely interested in resolving the issue. Instead they're acting like little kids having a nice e-tantrum together.

i fight for my right.. but for newbie like me, its better well known member in this forum act as judges because i believe they have more experiences if something like this happen..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazykiddo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:49:13 AM

Can you post the amazon seller? You select the amazon seller without looking if they are trusted enough. You should be blamed for the amount being scammed.
hongw

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:51:54 AM

Uninteresting case. Three parties:

1) Poksak
2) Newdeal2014
3) Amazon seller (Bits of Cool

It seems Poksak honored their part of the deal (independently verified by Blazr). It seems Newdeal2014received a battery instead of a miner (unverified)

There are two obvious scenarios:
1) The Amazon seller scammed by sending a battery instead of a miner.
2) Newdeal2014scammed by receiving the miner but claiming they received a battery.

I am leaning towards 1) but there's no evidence to support it. In both cases there is no blame on Poksak because he ordered the exact item that Newdeal2014requested.

Most importantly, neither party seems genuinely interested in resolving the issue. Instead they're acting like little kids having a nice e-tantrum together.
I would personally think the chances of it being #2 are greater. I find it somewhat strange that NewDeal2014 received a random PM from someone whose identity he refused to release.

If you add this to the fact that he was refusing to use escrow, I would say it is pretty convincing that he was planning on scamming the entire time.
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:53:00 AM

crazykiddo, get out of here. If you can't read the thread you have no place commenting.

Poksak: You could give the seller (Bits of 8 ) a call or shoot of an message asking for their side of the story

Newdeal2014: You could give the seller (Bits of 8 ) a call or shoot of an message asking for their side of the story

Or you could both point fingers at each other and wait for the other to do it.

I would personally think the chances of it being #2 are greater. I find it somewhat strange that NewDeal2014 received a random PM from someone whose identity he refused to release.

If you add this to the fact that he was refusing to use escrow, I would say it is pretty convincing that he was planning on scamming the entire time.

For what it's worth the seller seems reputable on amazon. I don't see them sending a battery. So yes, I changed my mind. I'm leaning more towards #2 now as well. Either way the amazon seller may have some interesting details to share with the party that actually got scammed.

PS. I do agree that posting personal details may be a bit premature.
poksak (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:58:25 AM

crazykiddo, get out of here. If you can't read the thread you have no place commenting.

Poksak: You could give the seller (Bits of 8 ) a call or shoot of an message asking for their side of the story

Newdeal2014: You could give the seller (Bits of 8 ) a call or shoot of an message asking for their side of the story

Or you could both point fingers at each other and wait for the other to do it.

For what it's worth the seller seems reputable on amazon. I don't see them sending a battery.

i already called seller and tell them about wrong item delivered..amazon customer service already know about this..
hongw

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:00:38 AM

For what it's worth the seller seems reputable on amazon. I don't see them sending a battery. So yes, I changed my mind. I'm leaning more towards #2 now as well. Either way the amazon seller may have some interesting details to share with the party that actually got scammed.
I am not saying there are no scams on amazon, however I would find it hard to believe that the top search result for a S5 would still be in business if they were in fact scamming even a small percentage of their customers.

You also need to remember that the amazon seller is forced to use escrow via amazon. On the other hand NewDeal2014 refused to use escrow of any kind. Additionally NewDeal2014 is now claiming that the order was funded with stolen funds and/or the seller is participating in money laundering (really just trying to distract from the conversation).
The OP posted it in his first post so personal details are not new news.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:02:34 AM

i already called seller and tell them about wrong item delivered..amazon customer service already know about this..
I would still contact the police about this if NewDeal is refusing to pay. Every minute you delay contacting the police is more time that he has to sell the miner for either cash or bitcoin which would make it much more difficult to prove that he received the miner in criminal court.

Even if he is convicted of grand larceny you should still be able to recover civil damages from him to recover your losses
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:10:57 AM

Is there any conclusion on that? Are there steps being taken?

I am not saying there are no scams on amazon, however I would find it hard to believe that the top search result for a S5 would still be in business if they were in fact scamming even a small percentage of their customers.

You also need to remember that the amazon seller is forced to use escrow via amazon. On the other hand NewDeal2014 refused to use escrow of any kind. Additionally NewDeal2014 is now claiming that the order was funded with stolen funds and/or the seller is participating in money laundering (really just trying to distract from the conversation).

Agreed. At this moment it is not quite relevant how Poksak paid Bits of 8. Bits of 8 accepted the payment and sent the item to Newdeal2014. So again, Poksak lived up to their end of the deal.

Unless you go all out conspiracy and proof that Poksak is a sock of Bits of 8... Then all bets are off.
poksak (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:17:56 AM

Agreed. At this moment it is not quite relevant how Poksak paid Bits of 8. Bits of 8 accepted the payment and sent the item to Newdeal2014. So again, Poksak lived up to their end of the deal.

Unless you go all out conspiracy and proof that Poksak is a sock of Bits of 8... Then all bets are off.

seller said they will check on this order, nothing more because they have order details...
NewDeal2014

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:19:07 AM

Again, without revealing the name of the person who sent me this (I will do so in court if needed):

https://i.imgur.com/8YmjzRB.png

Now I think I'm finally done with this thread. It's late and I have no patience for this kind of nonsense when I haven't slept. I'll be taking screenshots of this entire thread for when/if this goes to court. I will requesting the issuance of a summons for all parties involved in any alleged defamation regarding this incident. Just covering my ass in this matter.

Good luck to all in this thread (except for the OP - I hope you fucking die in a car accident), and I'm sorry for letting my temper flare. I will be using legal means to resolve this instead of arguing back and forth on an internet forum.
hongw

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:26:11 AM

I would say this shows the OP is willing to try to work with the seller

I would find it more likely that NewDeal is a sock of Bits of 8 as he was the one who picked the amazon seller.

Again, without revealing the name of the person who sent me this (I will do so in court if needed):

https://i.imgur.com/8YmjzRB.png

Now I think I'm finally done with this thread. It's late and I have no patience for this kind of nonsense when I haven't slept. I'll be taking screenshots of this entire thread for when/if this goes to court. I will requesting the issuance of a summons for all parties involved in any alleged defamation regarding this incident. Just covering my ass in this matter.

Good luck to all in this thread (except for the OP - I hope you fucking die in a car accident), and I'm sorry for letting my temper flare. I will be using legal means to resolve this instead of arguing back and forth on an internet forum.
I call bluff on this. I personally would not be surprised if you sent this PM to yourself (either via your own account or via an alt of yours). I see no reason why someone would want their identity hidden like this. Nor would revealing this in court do anything to help you
crazykiddo

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:39:14 AM

To me Bits of 8 seems a legit seller based on his feedback www.amazon.com/shops/bitsof8
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:43:12 AM

the mods can check if he sent the pm to himself or used an alt with the same ip address - pm badbear ASAP to see
if the pm is from a legit user or not
hongw

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:45:55 AM

To me Bits of 8 seems a legit seller based on his feedback www.amazon.com/shops/bitsof8
This seller apparently is even rated as "#1 best seller" in computer servers (although this could be talking about the product not the seller). The seller does have either 4 or 4.5 stars (our of 5) on all the products they are selling.
crazykiddo

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:56:39 AM

This seller apparently is even rated as "#1 best seller" in computer servers (although this could be talking about the product not the seller). The seller does have either 4 or 4.5 stars (our of 5) on all the products they are selling.

It looks like Newdeal2014 is the only one who receives battery out of more than 50 buyers. If Newdeal2014 is speaking the truth.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:00:59 AM

It looks like Newdeal2014 is the only one who receives battery out of more than 50 buyers. If Newdeal2014 is speaking the truth.

Newdeal2014 looks like hes in the wrong id bits of 8 is a legit seller perfect feedback
poksak (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:31:39 AM

i just hope NewDeal2014 pay my coins..nothing more than that..$400 really worth for me.. Cry
crazykiddo

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:34:25 AM

i just hope NewDeal2014 pay my coins..nothing more than that..$400 really worth for me.. Cry

Hope this is a lesson to you. Next time use a trusted escrow.
poksak (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:48:11 AM

Hope this is a lesson to you. Next time use a trusted escrow.

i will..thanks mate
WEBcreator

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 11:00:22 AM

give it a rest, contact the seller, perhaps the seller sent the wrong item , that could be it, why keep trantuming each other here

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████▄▄