Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:45:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinographic - DO NOT BUY! A warning to the community!  (Read 4107 times)
Mart9275 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:44:51 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2015, 09:03:02 PM by Mart9275

This is a warning to the community against buying anything from Coinographic ( http://www.coinographic.com/ ) !!!

Mark (the owner) has posted on this forum that he is closing down his company ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=938192.msg10291741#msg10291741 ), but he has not yet taken down his website where one can still buy his coins. It seems that he has run out of money and that he can neither deliver all the coins that people have already ordered or even just refund the money.

And as if that isn't bad enough in itself, some customers are now coming forward and saying that coins they have bought and received back in October 2014 are NOT even funded with Litecoins though Mark claimed they were!

I have done design work for Mark and he owes me money as well. I can live with that, I only lost time and my good name by putting it on the products of Marks fraudulent(?) company. But I would hate to see people still pay and buy coins that they will clearly never receive. Damn I wish I had known that I wasn't the only person he owed money so this could have been brought to light earlier and maybe saved others from putting money in this black hole.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM COINOGRAPHIC!!!

If you have already bought and received coins from Coinographic please check to see if your coins are in fact funded or not. If not, or if you have pre-paid and not yet received anything, please report in this thread so we can start to get an idea of how much he actually owes people in the community and for how long he has been doing this.

Please post how much and for what he owes you.

I'll start. For designing and rendering he owes me:

- 1500 EUR in bitcoins
- One fully funded gold 1BTC coin (sold for 8.9978 BTC on his site)
- One fully funded silver 1BTC coin (sold for 2.4011 BTC on his site)

[UPDATE feb 1st]

Okay, as I have already stated, this thread is not meant as a public lynching of any kind, but merely an attempt to create a little clarity where many feel there isn't enough.

I have received a reply, and Mark is promising to take care of things. He will take down the order page when he puts the form up. Though of course IMHO that should be done right away.

Here's his response to the unfunded coins claim:

"We have never sold coins unfunded but they are shipped unfunded. If someone didn't send us an email with the shipping confirmation number then they wouldn't have been funded. In any case we intend to resolve all these issues "

My honest guess to what has happened? Well, I think this whole sad situation is a result of mostly poor business decisions, and on top a terrible crypto year price-wise that didn't exactly help either. Doing this past year I mailed back and forth with Mark, and no matter what time of the day or week he always responded right away (Before things spiralled down that is) . If his intentions were to scam people I doubt that he would be working 24/7 like he did. In any case, let's wait and see what happens these next few days and hope for the best.

[/UPDATE]
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:00:36 PM

sigh, if this is true its another sad sign of poor business management (at best) in the btc world. they say most businesses fail in their first few years but ive the feeling its higher than average in btc related businesses...

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Mart9275 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:07:42 PM

sigh, if this is true its another sad sign of poor business management (at best) in the btc world. they say most businesses fail in their first few years but ive the feeling its higher than average in btc related businesses...

Failing is a fair thing, but lying about it and then keeping on selling coins that were supposed to be funded but are in fact not, is an entirely different matter.
MrBAU

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:16:15 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 10:26:42 PM by MrBAU

They owe me:
- number One 5 BTC Gold ( Fully Funded with 5 BTC ) from the first BTC Coin Contest, that's valued at 27.5247 BTC on their site - That's 5480 € at the current Bitcoin-Euro
- 0.25 BTC From the second BTC Coin Contest

╫▓▌                                                   ╞▓▒╓▓▓              ╒▓╣
      └                                                    ╠▓▌ └               ╓▓▓
     ▐▓▒  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄╓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▄┐    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌ ▓▓  ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓╖ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▐▓▒ ▓▓░   └▓▓ ┌▓▓└   ╙▓▓▌    ╟▓▌ ╓▓▓└    ╟▓▌ ┌▓▓╜    ╙▓▓▌ ▓▓ ▐▓▓└    ╙▓▌  ╘▓╣  ┌▓▓░    ╙▓▓
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ╟▓▌      ║▓▌ ▓▓ ▓▓       ╟▓░ ╘▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▄╕  ▓▓╖    ╓▓▓  ▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▓▓░  ▓▓┐ └▓▓╖    ╓▄╗
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓  └▀▓▓▓▓▓▀╙    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜   ▓▓   ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▀▓▓  ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄▄███▄
                    ▄▄███▀▀ ██
               ,▄████▀'    ▐█▌
           ,▄████▀-  ▄&    ██
       ,▄███▀▀    ╓▄▀     ██▌
   ▄▄███▀▀     ,▄█▀      ▐██ 
╔███▀▀       ▄██▀        ██¬ 
██▄,      ▄███▀         ▐██   
 ▀▀█████████▀           ██   
       ██████▄▄        ██▌   
       ██Ç  ▀█████▄▄, ▐██     
        ██Ç ╔██` ╙▀▀████-     
         █████               
          ▀▀╙                 
JOIN US
ON TELEGRAM

████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
      τgggg████████▌gggr     
        ██████████████`       
         `██████████'         
 ███       ╘██████▀       ███
 ███²        ▀███         ███
 ███²          `          ███
 ███╦╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓███
 ████████████████████████████
READ OUR
WHITEPAPER
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:18:25 PM

I would love to rat coinographic as much as the next person, but I do think it's fair that we let them set up the order form on 4th of Feb, as promised. If not, then we all take action.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Mart9275 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:24:50 PM

I would love to rat coinographic as much as the next person, but I do think it's fair that we let them set up the order form on 4th of Feb, as promised. If not, then we all take action.

This thread is not meant as a public lynching in any way, only as a way to keep record of the matters. Everyone has a right to know what is going on so no more people lose their money. Taking down the order page should NOT take days to do.

When/if people get their money back or get what they bought, they should of course edit their post to reflect this. Everything has to be fair and correct of course.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:29:10 PM

It is starting to sound like things may have fell apart much earlier than we are being told.

@Mart9275 from how far back have you not been paid by Coinographic?

So far I've heard that some coins purchased and received in October 2014 were not funded by at least one user.

(speaking in past tense) Current events form future trends. If they were not paying people or funding coins back in October what makes us think they will make everyone whole and were not lying along the way up until this point?

Perhaps they will put up a form on the 4th, but so far they haven't taken down their order/sales page or users to send them payment for coins they will never produce.

The form can go up but if their RATE at which they are offering to refund customers is not accepted the form is for nothing.

This is why I encouraged coinographic a few days ago to have an open dialogue publicly with their customers. It appears they are hiding.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Mart9275 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:44:58 PM

I'm still really hoping for an open dialogue with Mark from coinographic, but since he is ignoring all my mails this seems less and less likely.

It is starting to sound like things may have fell apart much earlier than we are being told.

Mart9275 from how far back have you not been paid by Coinographic?

Only about 3 months. I asked him on December 19. if I should be worried, and he replied: "Not at all, I promise the day im back in the office on 29th December I will send your payment", but never did.
But payment was irregular already in August. Whether or not this was due to bad management or lack of funds, I don't know.

Perhaps they will put up a form on the 4th, but so far they haven't taken down their order/sales page or users to send them payment for coins they will never produce.

This is my main concern as well. He should just remove that specific page.

[edit] Added more information [/edit]
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:51:16 PM

I'm still really hoping for an open dialogue with Mark from coinographic, but since he is ignoring all my mails this seems less and less likely.

Mart9275 from how far back have you not been paid by Coinographic?

Only about 3 months. But payment was irregular already in August. Whether or not this was due to bad management of lack of funds, I don't know.

This is my main concern as well. He should just remove that specific page.

The site should have been taken down with a message being put up about their latest message about closing up shop and to wait for the form on the 4th of Feb.

It reminds me of MTGOX where Mark K would allow people to still deposit BTC/FIAT and yet all withdrawals were suspended.

In this case this is no different as they still allow the functionality of people to still purchase coins yet they have not refunded anyone fully.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:23:43 PM

Owes me 50 LTC, Coinographic lied about funding coins, got an email in October stating that 1 coin was funded. It was not.
BTW their company details should not be difficult to find, as they are registered in the UK. Maybe someone in the area can give them a call...
Gladdy

Activity: 318

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:35:39 PM

They are in the UK so if some one work or live near this address below, you can drop by and pay them a visit.

Coinographic Ltd

1st Floor
66 Meadow Street
Weston-Super-Mare
BS23 1QN
United Kingdom
You can telephone us on 0800 830 3777 or for international callers, on +44 (0) 1934 808107.
Jettison86

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:15:42 AM

I pre-ordered the litecoin and the bitcoin physical coins and they still owed me the LTCA 10LTC coin and (2) 1LTC coins.  He kept making excuses why he can't ship them back in November.  He even incorrectly shipped me the wrong 25LTC booklet showing the wrong public key (bits).  Then, he couldn't ship the LTCA 10LTC coin because it was not hallmarked in December.  So, I had to wait.  Then, he said he shipped the booklet and 1 LTC coins on December 31.  He lied.  I never received it!  I pre-ordered this LTCA coin in JULY 2014!  Coinographics is a poorly run company who scammed many.

I'm not listing all of what is owed because it is too much for me be reminded of being scammed.
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:19:27 AM

BTW their company details should not be difficult to find, as they are registered in the UK. Maybe someone in the area can give them a call...

I'm owed a Silver 2B and Silver 1B.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
iawgoM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:59:40 AM

I won one of the design contests and was a runner-up on second one, and I'm supposed to get:

1. Silver Plated Brass Coin:
1st Place: Fully funded coin (0.10 BTC .999 silver plated brass), + 2 Bitcoins.

2. Gold Plated Brass Coin:
2nd-5th Place: Will each receive 0.25 BTC.

So in total: 2BTC+0.25BTC+coin (that will never be produced) funded with 0.10 BTC = 2.35 BTC + silver plated coin.

Once again, if Coinographic has 25LTC unfunded pure silver coins in stock, I'm willing to accept them instead.
Considering the current situation, it's not like anyone is going to buy them from Coinographic any more, not before he covers the debts to preorder customers, design contest participants and design services to Mart9275.
PolyCoin-Team

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:51:59 AM

You ignorant fools. I told you from day 1 that Marc from Coinographic and his whole company is a scam. He never produced any coins. All he did was collect a shitload of BTC from pre-orders and now he has run with your money. He also never had a "team". This is a one man scam show. I do have his homeadress + phonenumbers + I now where his sister lives and his parents. I am selling this information for 1 BTC.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:23:09 PM

http://www.coinographic.com/terms-order

ORDERING TERMS
DISCLAIMER AND WARRANTIES
Coinographic Ltd warrants that it only sells authentic coins containing Private Keys that each have only been used one single time to upload funds related to the purchase of a particular coin.

Coinographic Ltd warrants that each individual coin which indicates an amount of a particular crypto-currency on its face, that amount of crypto-currency was properly purchased and that each coin contains a Private Key which can be used to transfer, reassign or re-appropriate the face value of the said coin.

Coinographic Ltd warrants that the Private Keys used on coins sold by us have been produced, managed and stored in a secure manner. Private Keys have been produced using a secure random number generator, printed so as to only produce the single copy to be inserted within the said coin and all excess overprints and other printing trash has been securely destroyed and all digital copies securely destroyed. Coinographic Ltd is unable to remove or deduct virtual currency from our coins once dispatched as the Private Key will no longer be in our possession.

Coinographic Ltd makes no warranty or representation that our coins cannot be counterfeited. At the time of writing we have no evidence that our coins are being counterfeited. Should we discover any evidence suggesting that our coins are being counterfeited we will publish such information on our website at the earliest opportunity.

DURABILITY
Coinographic Ltd makes no representations or warranties as to durability or indestructability of our coins. Coins can be destroyed by external forces including fire, heat, chemicals, excessive abrasion and flood. Virtual funds that are stored on our coins become the responsibility of the purchaser upon receipt of the coin and are not recoverable by Coinographic Ltd. If your coin is lost, destroyed or damaged it cannot be replaced or re-issued by Coinographic Ltd and you are advised to insure your coins. Coinographic Ltd cannot be responsible for any damage to coins after delivery.

RISK
You alone assume the sole responsibility for evaluating the merits and risks associated with purchasing coins from Coinographic Ltd. Our coins are designed as collectibles and not intended for investment purposes. The value of our coins is subject to fluctuation. You should always conduct your own research and obtain your own professional advice before making a decision to purchase. Coinogrpahic Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by an individual's reliance on information obtained from our website nor any communications from our members, employees or agents. No investment, legal or tax advice is given to you and you should consult your own advisors for such advice before ordering.

ORDER ACCEPTANCE
Your order is not valid until it has been accepted by Coinographic. The processing of your payment and our acknowledgement email does not constitute a legally binding contract. Your order is not deemed accepted until the goods have been delivered to you.

Coinographic endeavour to keep our website up to date with regard to quantities in relation to limited edition or limited production coins, but cannot guarantee accuracy. If you place an order for a limited edition or limited production coin that has sold out, despite showing as available on our site, we will refund your payment in full.

You may cancel your order at any time prior to processing, but please note that in stock items are processed immediately and therefore cannot be cancelled. Please refer to the individual coin page for information.

Coinographic reserves the right to discontinue accepting orders or to limit quantities at any time.

Coinographic reserves the right to accept or reject orders as it determines it to be in the company's best interests.

DELIVERY, SHIPPING, RETURNS AND CANCELLATIONS
DELIVERY TIMES

Once you complete your purchase delivery is generally within 10 working days, however international orders may take longer. You will find specific delivery information relating to each coin on the individual page for that coin.

UK SHIPPING

Standard Shipping within the UK is included in the purchase price, insured and tracked for our 500 Limited Edition coins. A signature will be required on delivery. If for any reason we are unable to deliver you coin(s) and they are returned to us in their original condition we will refund the purchase price less the cost of shipping in the digital currency with which you paid. We do not make refunds in Sterling or any currency other than the one you paid in.

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING

We ship to most countries but the buyer is responsible for understanding the law in their own country relating to the purchase of our products. If you are purchasing from outside the UK our products may be subject to customs or import charges for which we are not responsible. Should you place an international order and we are unable to deliver your coins to you we will refund the purchase price less the cost of shipping in the digital currency with which you paid once the coin(s) have been returned to us in their original condition. We only make refunds in the digital currency with which you paid.

RETURNS, EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS

PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS, OFFER EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS ON PRODCUTS THAT ARE SOLD FUNDED AND INCLUDE A 30 DIGIT PRIVATE KEY.

We make every effort to ensure that your coin will arrive in mint condition and all our products are subject to a rigorous individual quality check before dispatch, including the holographic sticker. For security reasons we cannot therefore offer refunds or exchanges for any coins.

If, however, your presentation wooden box or other display packaging arrives damaged or any other item included in your purchase, except the coin, is faulty, damaged or missing, please contact us and we will do our best to resolve the matter.

You should get in touch with us as soon as possible using our 'Contact Us' page. Please use the summary box to describe your problem, for example, 'Damaged Box', to help us deal with your problem as quickly as possible.

CANCELLATION
You can cancel your order at any time prior to processing, although orders for items already in stock will be processed immediately and cannot be cancelled. Please refer to the individual coin page for information about stock availability.

I guess technically people should be able to cancel their orders and be "refunded"?

Perhaps at this point it is irrelevant to try to cancel anything. Time will tell.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 12:03:40 AM

I had to email them around 5 times to get all of mine funded. I had bought 42 coins total (40 x 1LTC and 2 x Bull coins). He did eventualy fund them all, but I wonder if they might have kept keys...

Also if anyone has the Chikun coin funded or not I will buy it from you.
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:13:06 AM

I had to email them around 5 times to get all of mine funded. I had bought 42 coins total (40 x 1LTC and 2 x Bull coins). He did eventualy fund them all, but I wonder if they might have kept keys...

Also if anyone has the Chikun coin funded or not I will buy it from you.

Have you checked the addresses? Mine were supposedly funded but turned out to be empty.
master-P

Activity: 868

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 12:20:14 AM

This sucks because I was really looking forward to getting some of their higher valued coins when the money became available for me. I personally think their coins were some of the best looking crypto physicals. I knew something was up with them a few months back when they had their "hard drive failure" and on that day I decided to not place any orders on their site (was about to buy the 25 LTC bull and the chikun coin because they look so awesome and they weren't preorders).

Hopefully those who had coins on preorder or haven't received their coins/funding yet will get compensation of some sorts.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:40:34 AM

You ignorant fools. I told you from day 1 that Marc from Coinographic and his whole company is a scam. He never produced any coins. All he did was collect a shitload of BTC from pre-orders and now he has run with your money. He also never had a "team". This is a one man scam show. I do have his homeadress + phonenumbers + I now where his sister lives and his parents. I am selling this information for 1 BTC.

Well I guess the coins I have in possession are imaginary, you are not the only one with his personal details but selling them on the forum is out of order. He owes me a great deal in orders but I am sure he will put everyone right, he has not done this under some fake name or company, if he was running a scam he would have done this using other personal details not his own.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: