Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:23:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Intelligence Operatives. Are they here? Make the case.  (Read 3835 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:42:21 PM

it's the second oldest profession.  of course they are here.  it's foolish to suppose they aren't

I find it interesting how receptive this community is to these ideas. Not one person has come forward yet to call me a kook for even asking the question.

Maybe some of us believe bitcoin (its mankind paradigm shift ideal, not just BTCBTCBTCBTC) is the greater good for the future, no matter our political and religious views, now. Most of us have very passionate debates about a lot of stuff. If they come after us because of our speech then it is over, not just for this forum... You forget one thing: the tool you are using to post on this forum might already be compromised. Remember to talk and speak here the way you would in normal life and you should be fine, perhaps  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:14:54 PM

it's the second oldest profession.  of course they are here.  it's foolish to suppose they aren't

I find it interesting how receptive this community is to these ideas. Not one person has come forward yet to call me a kook for even asking the question.

Maybe some of us believe bitcoin (its mankind paradigm shift ideal, not just BTCBTCBTCBTC) is the greater good for the future, no matter our political and religious views, now. Most of us have very passionate debates about a lot of stuff. If they come after us because of our speech then it is over, not just for this forum... You forget one thing: the tool you are using to post on this forum might already be compromised. Remember to talk and speak here the way you would in normal life and you should be fine, perhaps  Wink

Agreed. I think everyone adopts a mask to some extent in public interaction, via fora or in real life, but it don't have to be much of one. Y'all of course can only see the dimension a person presents on here, but I try to be who I am to the extent possible in text Cheesy
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:50:41 AM

""Propagandists Use Automated Software to Spread Disinformation"

In 2013, the American Congress repealed the formal ban against the deployment of propaganda against U.S. citizens living on American soil. So there’s even less to constrain propaganda than before.

Information warfare for propaganda purposes also includes:

The Pentagon, Federal Reserve and other government entities using software to track discussion of political issues … to try to nip dissent in the bud before it goes viral

“Controlling, infiltrating, manipulating and warping” online discourse

Use of artificial intelligence programs to try to predict how people will react to propaganda"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-23/propagandists-use-automated-software-spread-disinformation

Lots of links in this article.
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 08:18:31 PM

In 2013, the American Congress repealed the formal ban against the deployment of propaganda against U.S. citizens living on American soil. So there’s even less to constrain propaganda than before.

The Pentagon, Federal Reserve and other government entities using software to track discussion of political issues … to try to nip dissent in the bud before it goes viral

Use of artificial intelligence programs to try to predict how people will react to propaganda"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-23/propagandists-use-automated-software-spread-disinformation

Sometimes ill be having a "discussion" with people and it really feels like they are failing the turing test.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 10:27:28 PM

I'd suspect yes simply because of the null hypothesis.  Wikileaks was important enough to lean heavily on the banks, so it would be surprising to me if Bitcoin did not open some eyes by at least that time.

As for actual participation in the chatter, I would not be very confident of this.  Possibly they have some people on the payroll to do actual projects (a-la the media, mainstream and now otherwise, which is reputed to be and seems to be highly infiltrated) and such people may participate here as a function of the work they are doing.  I keep my eyes open for people who might fit this description and have some mild suspicions from time to time, but nothing at all concrete.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:43:59 PM

Sometimes ill be having a "discussion" with people and it really feels like they are failing the turing test.
In recent years, me too. In person.  Angry
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 01:56:29 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little libertarian neckbeard? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in Armchair Economics, and I’ve been involved in numerous mining pools of altcoins, and I have over 300 confirmed scams. I am trained in detecting government shills and I’m the top parking-lot scammer on localbitcoins. You are nothing to me but just another conspiratard. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, aspy. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of overweight and disabled introverts across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can mine you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my cheeto-dusted hands. Not only am I extensively trained in scamming people with fake currency, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the MTGox Relief Effort (which contains cases of Mountain Dew: Code Red) and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn shill. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:02:08 PM

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little libertarian neckbeard? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in Armchair Economics, and I’ve been involved in numerous mining pools of altcoins, and I have over 300 confirmed scams. I am trained in detecting government shills and I’m the top parking-lot scammer on localbitcoins. You are nothing to me but just another conspiratard. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, aspy. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of overweight and disabled introverts across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can mine you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my cheeto-dusted hands. Not only am I extensively trained in scamming people with fake currency, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the MTGox Relief Effort (which contains cases of Mountain Dew: Code Red) and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn shill. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

I don't get it.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:10:16 AM

Huh
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 06:39:45 AM

Humour, lads, it's humour! Cheesy
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:37:14 PM

If its actually funny, than it went way of my head Cheesy.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 09:06:24 PM

I must admit it would have been funnier further up the thread.

Thread was still calling for it though.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:25:47 PM

If its actually funny, than it went way of my head Cheesy.

It was practically every insult every hurled at a libertarian or anarchist in an over the top way.. I got a kick out of it:P
vvv8

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:27:39 AM

Pass whatever intoxicant you're currently using, thnx
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 02:16:44 PM

They probably wouldn't expend many resources to manipulate a community this small, but they are definitely on reddit and facebook.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bmarch

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:38:54 AM

NSA whistleblower interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3owk7vEEOvs
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:16:07 AM

terrifying. but also so interesting. so far it isn't impacting ordinary people but will that last? interested to see how this data collection impacts ordinary people in the future. its like doug casy says, its something to this effect, liberty is never something thats going to go away, its just that in the future you will have to purchase it. we just better all manage to somehow become wealthy enough to purchase liberty in the future.

bmarch

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:25:28 PM

terrifying. but also so interesting. so far it isn't impacting ordinary people but will that last? interested to see how this data collection impacts ordinary people in the future. its like doug casy says, its something to this effect, liberty is never something thats going to go away, its just that in the future you will have to purchase it. we just better all manage to somehow become wealthy enough to purchase liberty in the future.

I imagine that data collection, at least that which is passive, is going on now through social media channels and through search engine-type collection mechanisms. I guess you could also say that liberty is something that every citizen should work to uphold, both for themselves and the people around them. Liberty tools like VPN access do in fact cost something, but knowledge on how to protect your liberties still has to be worked for. For example, getting off of facebook, keeping your public web postings clean, knowing how to secure your BTC or other assets, etc.
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:39:35 PM

I imagine that data collection, at least that which is passive, is going on now through social media channels and through search engine-type collection mechanisms. I guess you could also say that liberty is something that every citizen should work to uphold, both for themselves and the people around them. Liberty tools like VPN access do in fact cost something, but knowledge on how to protect your liberties still has to be worked for. For example, getting off of facebook, keeping your public web postings clean, knowing how to secure your BTC or other assets, etc.

you have to be careful with vpn's. even if they aren't logging ip's their hosting provider probably is.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 02:40:25 AM

You have to be careful, take your meds.

Just because you think the NSA is on to you doesn't mean they suddenly are.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: