Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:14:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 10k Coin | Now with 10% PoS and 10000% Superblocks | 10k/MMXIV Market OPEN  (Read 186678 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 06:55:25 PM

@WigitGetIt thanks for that tip. I had my coins unevenly split up among four addresses and increased my balance by 25% in aprox. 24 hours. I just sent them all to one new address to see how it goes.

Your welcome.  Grin

I am loving these returns while everyone is scrambling to buy some coins.  If people manage the staking and the selling of it correctly, it will hold a good price for a while. Just my opinion.  This would also help if someone does sell out.
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 07:20:32 PM

Think I've basically ROI'd now, if price stays steady people could make some serious $$ here.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:22:55 PM

A Coin which logo is made in Microsoft Word... please.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 07:25:52 PM

Think I've basically ROI'd now, if price stays steady people could make some serious $$ here.

I made my mining money back plus already.  Staked way more coins already than I had to sell.  Grin
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:26:21 PM

A Coin which logo is made in Microsoft Word... please.

A coin that everyone wants can have its logo scribbled with a pencil on a piece of paper.
Laamadeus

Activity: 453
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:36:13 PM

why did I get 0.00 minted the very first staked block I found do I have even to stake I only have 4.4 coins and what do you mean by move the coins? To reset coinage? answer this concept with a better explanation please . I'm a newbie what do you mean by move the coin and reset the coinage?

4.4 coins is a very small number to stake with. You will probably get very little for staking. Try to go to 50 or 100 to make it worthwhile. Moving coins means that when you start to get 0.00 stake, then create another wallet somewhere either on another PC or on an exchange and then send the coins there. When it has confirmed in the other wallet send it back to the first wallet. This resets the coinage. Always send 1 coin as a test to a new address and if it goes through successfully send the rest. Do the same with the return transaction. Remember to add the respective wallet addresses in each other's address books to prevent future costly errors due to typing the address incorrectly.

I assumed it was just a matter of moving the coins not necessarily moving to a different wallet.

Can't I just send the coins to myself to a new address or same address in my original wallet for resetting coinage?  

i sent mine to an address in same wallet and seemed to work fine and start staking normally again so i think yes.

Q

That is good to know. So there is no reason to download another wallet, just make new receiving address on your wallet and send coins on the new receiving address. Can I just throw my coins between 2 different receiving address or should I make a new address everytime that I need to reset my coinage (when I start to get 0 stake)?

██
██
██
1st Stake
Android Wallet
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Transfercoin
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
          ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       ▄█▀▀▄▄█████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█████▄▄▀▀█▄
     ▄█▀ ▄████▀▀▀ ▄███████▄ ▀▀▀████▄▀▀█▄
   ▄█▀ ▄███▀  ▄██ █████████ ██▄  ▀███▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█ ▄███▀ ▄████▀ ▀███████▀ ▀████▄ ▀███▄ █▄
 ▄█ ▄███  ████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀████  ███▄ █▄
▄█ ▄███  ███▀                   ▀███  ███▄ █▄
██ ███  ███▀                     ▀███  ███ ██
██ ███  ███                       ███  ███ ██
██ ███  ▄▄▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███ ██
██ ██ ▄███████▄               ▄███████▄ ██ ██
▀█ ▀█ █████████               █████████ █▀ █▀
 ▀█ █ ▀███████▀               ▀███████▀ █ █▀
  █▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄▄       ▄▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀ ▄█
   ▀█▄ ▀███▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄███▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████ ▄▄█▀
       ▀█▄▄▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀▄▄█▀
          ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀
             ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
██
██
██
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 09:22:13 PM

why did I get 0.00 minted the very first staked block I found do I have even to stake I only have 4.4 coins and what do you mean by move the coins? To reset coinage? answer this concept with a better explanation please . I'm a newbie what do you mean by move the coin and reset the coinage?

4.4 coins is a very small number to stake with. You will probably get very little for staking. Try to go to 50 or 100 to make it worthwhile. Moving coins means that when you start to get 0.00 stake, then create another wallet somewhere either on another PC or on an exchange and then send the coins there. When it has confirmed in the other wallet send it back to the first wallet. This resets the coinage. Always send 1 coin as a test to a new address and if it goes through successfully send the rest. Do the same with the return transaction. Remember to add the respective wallet addresses in each other's address books to prevent future costly errors due to typing the address incorrectly.

I assumed it was just a matter of moving the coins not necessarily moving to a different wallet.

Can't I just send the coins to myself to a new address or same address in my original wallet for resetting coinage?  

i sent mine to an address in same wallet and seemed to work fine and start staking normally again so i think yes.

Q

That is good to know. So there is no reason to download another wallet, just make new receiving address on your wallet and send coins on the new receiving address. Can I just throw my coins between 2 different receiving address or should I make a new address everytime that I need to reset my coinage (when I start to get 0 stake)?

Make a new address every time.  Below is what I did.

Laamadeus

Activity: 453
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:25:04 PM

Thanks.

██
██
██
1st Stake
Android Wallet
Transfercoin
              ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
          ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       ▄█▀▀▄▄█████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█████▄▄▀▀█▄
     ▄█▀ ▄████▀▀▀ ▄███████▄ ▀▀▀████▄▀▀█▄
   ▄█▀ ▄███▀  ▄██ █████████ ██▄  ▀███▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█ ▄███▀ ▄████▀ ▀███████▀ ▀████▄ ▀███▄ █▄
 ▄█ ▄███  ████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀████  ███▄ █▄
▄█ ▄███  ███▀                   ▀███  ███▄ █▄
██ ███  ███▀                     ▀███  ███ ██
██ ███  ███                       ███  ███ ██
██ ███  ▄▄▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███ ██
██ ██ ▄███████▄               ▄███████▄ ██ ██
▀█ ▀█ █████████               █████████ █▀ █▀
 ▀█ █ ▀███████▀               ▀███████▀ █ █▀
  █▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄▄       ▄▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀ ▄█
   ▀█▄ ▀███▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄███▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████ ▄▄█▀
       ▀█▄▄▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀▄▄█▀
          ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀
             ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
██
██
██
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:33:33 PM

Make a new address every time.  Below is what I did.

You do not need to make a new address every time. You can just create two addresses and send from one to the other. Another thing is to backup your wallet every time you create a new wallet address.
coinerQ

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:35:25 PM

Hi, new guy here.
I have a bittrex account  with 1250 10K coins .... I would like to move a thousand of them to where ever it is that they need to go to begin getting the PoS .  I've read the initial post, over and over, sorry , but I'm not understanding or seeing the link to set up a wallet. can somebody help me with that link please. this is the first time I will be setting up a wallet also, any chance of a step by step dummy proof explanation for that would be greatly appreciated.

I Got Spots ... Thanks for setting this up, I haven't been this excited about crypto's since I blew $800 x 6 buying my first bitcoins.
The thoughts of recouping a fraction of my losses had me sleepless last night!

I assume you have Windows 7 or 8.

1. Download wallet at this link as per the OP https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9KhUdXDh1RqRUQzeGRjVE9wU1k
2. Bypass all warnings from your anti-virus and force the file to be downloaded and extracted. If Google Chrome moans use Windows Explorer
3. Extract the file in your download directory to the suggested directory ...\downloads\10k-Qt-win
4. Execute the file called 10k-Qt.exe in the directory where it was extracted. A wallet will come up with possibly some error messages. Just close the wallet once it has opened.
5. Goto the directory that the exe file created. You can find it in c:\users\yourwindowsaccountname\AppData\Roaming\10k
6. Inside that directory create a file called 10K.txt and rename it to 10k.conf
7. Post the following lines in the 10k.conf file
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1
maxconnections=100
rpcallowip=local
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=coinerq
rpcpassword=coinerq1
rpcport=9999
addnode=98.174.25.33
addnode=23.92.61.98
addnode=104.236.222.217
addnode=37.59.18.108
addnode=94.190.246.163
addnode=96.236.59.185
addnode=81.152.225.30
addnode=81.164.5.200

The lines above the addnodes are not really necessary for your purpose but you can put them in as is.

8. Go back to your downloads directory where the .exe file was and run it again. The wallet will open again. This time it will connect to the network. You will see an error message at the bottom of the wallet that the the data is old. Don't worry about this as it is normal.
9. The wallet will begin downloading blocks. Blocks are records of transactions (coins sent from one address to another) that have been verified by the network. You can consider it a public ledger of a bunch of transactions. As the wallet processes the blocks and follow the trail of the money, you will see the number of blocks increasing up to the current block. This process can take 30min to 1 hour in this case for where the coin is in the scheme of things. (The proper Bitcoin wallet can take a week to download and process all the blocks). To watch the process you can select Help at the top, then Debug Window and then Information. The current block count is in the middle of the window. The blocks will increase as the wallet downloads and processes the blocks until it is current which was 112544 as of writing this. Once the wallet gets to this point, you will see a "correct mark" at the bottom right of the wallet. If you hover over this with your mouse, you will get a popup that the wallet is up to date.
10. Insert a USB stick into your PC and create a directory called 10K. Go to the directory where you created the 10k.conf file. Copy a file called wallet.dat to the memory stick into the 10K directory. Rename the file wallet.dat.old
11. Go to your wallet and select Settings at the top and select encrypt. It will ask you for a password that you have to enter twice. Select a difficult password and write it down somewhere safe and remember it. The wallet will close and then open it again. Now your wallet file is encrypted and money cannot be stolen from it without knowing the password.
12. Go back to where your wallet.dat file is and copy the file again to your memory stick. You must now store the memory stick in a safe place like a physical safe. if something ever happens to your wallet file, you can use the backup one. If you want to be extra security, you can encrypt the USB stick with Bitlocker and remember the password.
13. Go to Bittrex exchange to your 10K balance and select withdraw. Go to your wallet and select the receive coins at the top. Right click and copy the address. Go to Bittrex and enter that address in the withdraw address block. Enter just 1 coin in the mount for now. Select withdraw. A popup will come up with the transaction about tho happen. the address where it will go to will have the last two digits cut-off which is a Bittrex issue. Enter your 2FA if it was setup and let it withdraw.
14. Now you wait and watch your wallet until a popup comes up bottom right that 1 coin has been received. Once this happens, go back to Bittrex and withdraw the rest of the balance.
15. If all went well your coins will now be in your wallet on your PC.
16. Go back to Bittrex to your 10K balance. Generate a 10K address on the left of the screen. Right click and copy that. Go back to your wallet and select Address Book at the top. Create a new address and paste the Bittrex address there and call it Bittrex.
17. Select "send coins" at the top of your wallet and select the name "Bittrex" that you just created. This is needed so that you don't have to manually enter the address every time. This is one of the the biggest risks in crypto to send coins to an incorrect address as they will be gone then forever. I wish exchanges would create a facility to traders to create address books on the exchange. Enter 1 coin again and select send. You have to enter your password and agree to the small transaction fee. Watch Bittrex to make sure that the 1 coin appears there after a while. You now know that you have a proper two way channel between your wallet and exchange.
18. Go back to your wallet. The message at the bottom of the wallet to the left of the up arrow will say that your wallet is encrypted and locked. Next to it will be a circle with an up arrow and a message if you hover over it that your wallet is not staking because your wallet is locked (encrypted)
19. Go to the top of your wallet and select Help and then Debug window and then console. In the bottom bar type the following command:
"walletpassphrase yourwalletpassword 99999999 true" if successful you will see this command in green in the console. Now click the little "-" sign to the right of that bar so that it clears the screen. Close the console window.
20. If you hover over the little up arrow it will say "Your wallet is not staking because you do not have mature coins". After one hour this message will disappear and your coins while be staking. After several stakes you will get to a point where your stake becomes 0.00 coins. Once this happens, move your coins to another address (I use another wallet on another PC) and then move it back so that your coin age can reset. Your coins will mature again for an hour after which it will start staking again.

PS:
21. Everytime you send money from your wallet somewhere else, your wallet will lock up again. You then have to go back to the console and enter the walletpassphrase like above to unlock it for staking.
22. Everytime you hit a stake (verify a block of transactions) also called solve a block, your balance of coins will reduce and move to a different line. For a while it might also disappear until the required number of confirmations have occurred. You can watch the progress in the transactions tab at the top of your wallet. Once the required confirmations have happened, the coins become available again in your wallet and the coins that staked are reset and have to mature for an hour again before they can become eligible for staking again.
23. Sometimes you will see a message popup that you have received a stake amount of coins, but if you go to the transactions tab it is grey with a question mark next to it. This means that your wallet thought it solved the block but actually someone else did and the network rejected your claim. It is called an orphan block. Ignore those but feel sad for a moment that you did not get those coins.
24. It is possible to create more receiving addresses in your wallet for in case you want to use a unique address for each time you receive money from someone or some place. Every time you add a new receiving address, you have to fetch your USB stick from the safe, rename the wallet.dat file there to wallet.dat.old2,3,4 etc. and copy the new wallet.dat to the USB stick. The only drawback is that if you ever forget your wallet password, all later wallet.dat files will be encrypted and the first unencrypted one will only have your first address in it. You can therefore consider creating 50 or so addresses before you encrypt the wallet.dat file, if you foresee using unique addresses a lot.

WOW highly detailed response !!!
 Thank You very much jc12345 !  

time to see how well I follow directions, I'm missing out on added coins by the hour.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 09:47:11 PM

Make a new address every time.  Below is what I did.

You do not need to make a new address every time. You can just create two addresses and send from one to the other. Another thing is to backup your wallet every time you create a new wallet address.

I do it this way for tracking.  Grin
topcat363

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:18:12 PM

how many coins are avail?

TimC
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:22:52 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 10:39:16 PM by TimC

how many coins are avail?

Scroll to the bottom of this link
http://10k.mmxivcoin.com/richlist/index.php?min=0
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:44:05 PM

I thought we'd be closer to 350,00-400,000 coins so far, deff not growing as fast as I thought it would... this is an awesome experiment.

I f#ck'n love this coin 

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
coinking
Legendary

Activity: 927

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:54:00 PM

So I'm slightly confused with max stake age.. It says 16 days in the OP but what's the right approach here? Some people are moving coins daily?

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
███████░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄██░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░██████▀███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░▀█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
█████░██░░░██░██░░░█░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:02:59 PM

So I'm slightly confused with max stake age.. It says 16 days in the OP but what's the right approach here? Some people are moving coins daily?

as soon as you start getting a couple 0 stakes in a row send the coins to your self to reset them

I haven't got any 0 stakes yet

WAVES
TimC
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:06:49 PM

as soon as you start getting a couple 0 stakes in a row send the coins to your self to reset them

So iGotSpots are we to move the coins in one big lump? Is that to stress test the POS block chain against difficulty spikes when large sums of POS coins are moved or are you needing lots of inputs and so then to resend the coins in two or three large batches? I've started with a few batches of 500 and just asking for when it gets time for me to reset coinage.
coinking
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:11:43 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 11:24:24 PM by coinking

when would I see that happen? Is that where the 16 days comes in?

Also, is there another way to tell when coins are too old to stake? Rather than keeping an eye on the state amount in transactions?

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:24:48 PM

I believe max coinage just refers to how long they will build interest... so if you kept your wallet locked for 10 days you'd get 10 days worth of interest when you unlocked it for staking, but if you kept the wallet locked for 20 days you'd only get 16 days worth of interest

I'm not a skilled coder or anything but, but it seems it splits the batch's every time it stakes, so if you deposited 20 coins the first time they staked it would mean there is now 3 batch's  10  10  and however much was earned from staking

WAVES
coinking
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:29:53 PM

I believe max coinage just refers to how long they will build interest... so if you kept your wallet locked for 10 days you'd get 10 days worth of interest when you unlocked it for staking, but if you kept the wallet locked for 20 days you'd only get 16 days worth of interest

ok, that makes sense. So is the idea to keep my wallet open pretty much the whole time? Is it right to assume that having it open will increase my weight therefore increasing the likely hood that I will stake each and every time rather than running into orphaned stakes from time to time?

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: