Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:58:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Bitcoin Elite' to Gather on Secret Island for Bilderberg-Style Retreat  (Read 4495 times)
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:13:08 AM

negative comments here are moronic
and the comparison to Bilderberg is
even more so.

Industry leaders get together all the time.  There's nothing
special about that. 

Its ridiculous that they have to go to an island, seems like they are try hards.
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 01:13:58 AM

What exactly this means for the Bitcoin community is unclear, but one can imagine some significant changes are on the horizon.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:33:58 AM

negative comments here are moronic
and the comparison to Bilderberg is
even more so.

Industry leaders get together all the time.  There's nothing
special about that. 

Its ridiculous that they have to go to an island, seems like they are try hards.

no it's not.  first of all DR is a great place especially in the winter.   where should they go , Boston?
roger ver can't even enter the US.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 02:43:16 AM

People can bitch about this kind of thing all they like, they won't be able to do anything the way they traditionally have, that's what makes cryptocurrencies so different from paper and fractional reserve here's why:

1. Bitcoin is open source, people who rant that it can be controlled should be ignored, open source software can never be controlled

2. Cryptocurrencies are something that all sorts of unlikely allies have rallied around as it is a way to truly become free of the current financial system

3. There are literally hundreds of alternatives available so even if a group did manage to take over Bitcoin ( It has been discussed to death why it would be very difficult to do so and conspiracy nutters just choose to ignore this ) the many alternatives would quickly adapt to the problems caused here by said group attempting to monopolise and manipulate the currency

4. Because Bitcoin is open source, the code can be reviewed any time, therefore cryptocurrencies as a whole are extremly scrutinised and peer reviewed, any attempt on the part of developers to manipulate the currency through the code itself would be quickly spotted and countered

5. I have made a copy of the original source code before any changes were made just in case and put it in my hard drive a long with a couple of other early versions, no one will be able to attack cryptocurrencies as long as I draw breath as long as people take steps to protect themselves against this kind of thing our enemies will be able to do nothing against us

The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable. - Sun Tzu
(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 04:20:20 AM

People can bitch about this kind of thing all they like, they won't be able to do anything the way they traditionally have, that's what makes cryptocurrencies so different from paper and fractional reserve here's why:

1. Bitcoin is open source, people who rant that it can be controlled should be ignored, open source software can never be controlled

2. Cryptocurrencies are something that all sorts of unlikely allies have rallied around as it is a way to truly become free of the current financial system

3. There are literally hundreds of alternatives available so even if a group did manage to take over Bitcoin ( It has been discussed to death why it would be very difficult to do so and conspiracy nutters just choose to ignore this ) the many alternatives would quickly adapt to the problems caused here by said group attempting to monopolise and manipulate the currency

4. Because Bitcoin is open source, the code can be reviewed any time, therefore cryptocurrencies as a whole are extremly scrutinised and peer reviewed, any attempt on the part of developers to manipulate the currency through the code itself would be quickly spotted and countered

5. I have made a copy of the original source code before any changes were made just in case and put it in my hard drive a long with a couple of other early versions, no one will be able to attack cryptocurrencies as long as I draw breath as long as people take steps to protect themselves against this kind of thing our enemies will be able to do nothing against us

The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable. - Sun Tzu

I'm no financial or economic expert, but I think simply from a regulatory standpoint they can help to make or break the BTC market.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 04:47:25 AM

From a regulatory standpoint, regulating Bitcoin is completely unrealistic, the only thing they can really do and have if heavily restrict the trade of Bitcoin for paper money, anything else is simply going to drive cryptocurrencies underground because in order to enforce any laws against cryptocurrencies they would have to arrest just about everyone trading with it and that means going into peoples homes and finding out if their are any coins on their computers.

The regulation and criminilisation of cryptocurrencies is going to be about as sucessful as what they did with filesharing, eventually they're just going to end up bankrupting themselves trying to take us all down.
altcoin hitler

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:14:40 PM

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:55:42 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-elite-meet-secret-island-bilderberg-style-retreat/

such elitist, wow

An unnamed Caribbean island is set to serve as the venue for a secretive, closed-door gathering of elite bitcoin CEOs and luminaries this weekend.

Satoshi Roundtable, to be held from 6th to 8th February, is suggestive of the famed Bilderberg conference, the annual meeting at which more than 100 finance experts gather in relative secret to the delight of global conspiracy theorists.

Organized by Bruce Fenton of the Bitcoin Association and Atlantic Financial, participants in the first annual Satoshi Roundtable include top executives from companies such as Blockchain, BitGo, BitPesa, Chain, ChangeTip, Coinapult and MegaBigPower, as well as noted VCs in the space such as Erik Voorhees and Roger Ver.

Hateful comments in 3, 2, 1 :

they should go and stay on richard bransons necker island since he is a bitcoin supporter also
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:22:45 PM

^^^^

government shill
waaat?

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:26:44 PM

That and it's probably a easy place for them all to get to

dude, your comment is ridiculous

you are pro hardfork and pro meeting - wtf are you doing in bitcoin?

You leave trashcomments everywhere just to cause attrition.
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:28:57 PM

sink them with that island
waaat?

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:38:05 PM

I am pro hardfork because I understand how it works and I never said i was PRO meeting I just said this thread is full of sensationalism (Is it not?) I think people are scared of change but they need to remember this isn't the banking sector, we need to do whats best for the coin and not just fear groups or individuals.

The hell do you think this meeting is going to be about anyways? A way to somehow make themselves more money and make a 1% elite evil group or do you think it could possibly be for advancing the coin through more ideas for the blockchain and increasing a positive outlook on bitcoin for the masses?

doesn't matter. I think you have an agenda. No need to continue discussion.
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:47:04 PM

I am pro hardfork because I understand how it works and I never said i was PRO meeting I just said this thread is full of sensationalism (Is it not?) I think people are scared of change but they need to remember this isn't the banking sector, we need to do whats best for the coin and not just fear groups or individuals.

The hell do you think this meeting is going to be about anyways? A way to somehow make themselves more money and make a 1% elite evil group or do you think it could possibly be for advancing the coin through more ideas for the blockchain and increasing a positive outlook on bitcoin for the masses?

So, it doesn't matter, what the meeting is about, since you are already against it?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 03:02:56 PM

So, it doesn't matter, what the meeting is about, since you are already against it?

It doesn't matter to him, as he's probably the one who 'has an agenda'

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:23:06 PM

Does anyone have any idea what % of existing BTC the people attending that meeting own together, by approximation?

=P
Tdowns

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:31:08 PM

Does anyone have any idea what % of existing BTC the people attending that meeting own together, by approximation?

I am pretty sure its a large chunk because they own big bitcoin companies.
astrobitcoin

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:48:25 PM

why not in london? in amsterdam? or in san francisco? or rome? or tokio?
why not in a public venue?

is this maybe a private circle jerk party?
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:54:29 PM

why not in london? in amsterdam? or in san francisco? or rome? or tokio?
why not in a public venue?

is this maybe a private circle jerk party?

probably everyone getting instructions on the hardork and the future of bitcoin
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:58:38 PM

I live in Dominican Republic, I wished that i could participate or listen at least.. oh boy. Why is this a closed meeting for an open source project...
Beymond

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 05:53:00 PM

Oh! boy this is good
I wish i'd be someone reputable enough to be called there someday Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: