Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:31:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 20049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
devlin

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:12:42 PM

To celebrate the new thread without trolls, I've create a nice buy wall on Bittrex Smiley

This is a good thing.

MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:12:52 PM

If you have suggestions for content to add to the FAQ here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=945972.msg10359173#msg10359173 or suggestions for edits, please speak up.

Please add the current "pool" situation to the FAQ.

Show how the whitepaper clearly describes how pools are possible but not financially viable.

Also add how nonce pool works (trusted people only/public pool would be robbed)

I added a little bit to the FAQ.  Would you be willing to do a short writeup and I'll edit it in?

Thanks!
mrcashking

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:18:20 PM

You could also add Mr.Spread's direct profile link to the OP so anyone new can know he's the developer and see for themselves.

Direct link to Mr.Spreads bitcointalk profile. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=360096  

Unless your going to let him add it personally when he returns.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:22:27 PM

Suggested addition to the FAQ:

Q. Was there an instamine?
A. No. There was a hardfork at block 2200 to make things more suitable to solo mining. From this block forward, the block reward was reduced from 66.66 SPR to 6.66 SPR (diminishing over time as per the supply curve in the OP) and the blocktime was reduced from 10 minutes to 1 minute. The Spread generation speed and total supply thus remain the same, as one tenth of the SPR is being generated ten times as often.
devlin

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:29:33 PM

If you have suggestions for content to add to the FAQ here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=945972.msg10359173#msg10359173 or suggestions for edits, please speak up.

Please add the current "pool" situation to the FAQ.

Show how the whitepaper clearly describes how pools are possible but not financially viable.

Also add how nonce pool works (trusted people only/public pool would be robbed)

I agree, this situation (pool mining) need to be clearly described to understand everyone what happen (not only miners).

Spreadcoin_ (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:30:06 PM

You could also add Mr.Spread's direct profile link to the OP so anyone new can know he's the developer and see for themselves.

Direct link to Mr.Spreads bitcointalk profile. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=360096  

Sure.  Where would you suggest adding it?
Spreadcoin_ (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:42:14 PM

Suggested addition to the FAQ:

Q. Was there an instamine?
A. No. There was a hardfork at block 2200 to make things more suitable to solo mining. From this block forward, the block reward was reduced from 66.66 SPR to 6.66 SPR (diminishing over time as per the supply curve in the OP) and the blocktime was reduced from 10 minutes to 1 minute. The Spread generation speed and total supply thus remain the same, as one tenth of the SPR is being generated ten times as often.

Nice!  Added to the FAQ.  Please keep them coming guys.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:48:44 PM

this is a thing of beauty:

It is a thing of beauty. This coin will go to places.

Not your keys, not your coins!
mrcashking

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:50:54 PM

Sure.  Where would you suggest adding it?

Somewhere Near the top  just before the Pool Prevention Header ;

Mr.Spread - Main Core Developer Profile https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=360096
Spreadcoin_ (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:52:59 PM

Sure.  Where would you suggest adding it?

Somewhere Near the top  just before the Pool Prevention Header ;

Mr.Spread - Main Core Developer Profile https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=360096
Done, thanks!
sparkster

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:11:29 PM

It doesn't matter if I consider new thead itself a bad idea... It's only my personal opinion. But what about this (I copy my sentence from the old thread) :
What if such account will be considered as multi-registration from Mr. Spread and ban avoiding?

I'm actually worried about this, guys. Did you think twice about it? Is not it would be better to wait for the end of Mr. Spread's ban time? Anyway, what's done is done. I know, you are honest guys and Mr. Spread still don't have password for this account and will not have it until it will be permitted to him to write here again. But mods can decide otherwise. And in this case it will be a catastrophe: permanent ban of Mr. Spread and so on. It's why I sincerely wish you good luck.
Spreadcoin_ (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:14:35 PM

I'm actually worried about this, guys. Did you think twice about it? Is not it would be better to wait for the end of Mr. Spread's ban time? Anyway, what's done is done. I know, you are honest guys and Mr. Spread still don't have password for this account and will not have it until it will be permitted to him to write here again. But mods can decide otherwise. And in this case it will be a catastrophe: permanent ban of Mr. Spread and so on. It's why I sincerely wish you good luck.

They can check the IPs that login to this account.  Mr. Spread won't be logging into this account until his ban is up. 
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:29:33 PM

What is Mr. Spread the developer's real name?  Where can I find information on him and his background?

Thanks
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 10:32:23 PM

Ok, here we go.
It's sad that we lose about 6000 posts in the old thread, but hey, most were from trolls anyway.

Happy to restart.

MyFarm

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:34:11 PM

What is Mr. Spread the developer's real name?  Where can I find information on him and his background?
Mr. Spread's real name hasn't been divulged as he supposedly resides in a country where cryptocurrency is not legal.

Does this add risk to the coin?  Some will think so, yes, and I understand that.  I personally am ok with it as I lost a load of BTC on one coin where the dev's name was known.
devlin

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:04:20 PM

What is Mr. Spread the developer's real name?  Where can I find information on him and his background?

Thanks

Who knows, but it's his personal choice not to disclose his name he probably wants to remain anon like Satoshi.
His work on the github source for spreadcoin speaks volumes that he's not an average developer.

In this new world of crypto I think anonymity is necessary (inclusive for developers). If a coin succeeded to be used globally and have a value to compete with fiat and  developer identity is known, governments and large companies will try to control him.

Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:06:29 PM

What is Mr. Spread the developer's real name?  Where can I find information on him and his background?
Mr. Spread's real name hasn't been divulged as he supposedly resides in a country where cryptocurrency is not legal.

Does this add risk to the coin?  Some will think so, yes, and I understand that.  I personally am ok with it as I lost a load of BTC on one coin where the dev's name was known.

Thank you for the answer.  He can just go *poof* then.   JG can't really do that and will certainly reap his "rewards" from the justice system in case that's your example.
MyFarm

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:08:09 PM

Yes, he can just disappear.  I don't feel like he will, but it's possible and any potential investors should take that risk into account.

My example was Fractalcoin.  
mrcashking

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:10:41 PM

Thanks

Who knows, but it's his personal choice not to disclose his name he probably wants to remain anon like Satoshi.
His work on the github source for spreadcoin speaks volumes that he's not an average developer.

In this new world of crypto I think anonymity is necessary (inclusive for developers). If a coin succeeded to be used globally and have a value to compete with fiat and  developer identity is known, governments and large companies will try to control him.

Right Also having your identity out there isn't even that much credible anymore. Although in some case it helps. But Look at what Josh Garza from paycoin and Gaw miners did with his identity fully known to everyone. With no features at all in his coin.
zeca pagodinho

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:12:32 PM

Head lighter, just to get here!
I think the translations of announcement should change the link of the original announcement for this one. What is the opnion of you?  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: