Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:11:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 20051 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 09:42:45 PM

My point is only that there is very little incentive to (attempt to) implement a pool. That doesn't mean someone won't try anyway though.

The discussion remains interesting regardless.

Yes, the discussion is highly entertaining and fruitful.

And if there is very little incentive to implement a pool, then spreadcoin wins by default.  Wink
Because that's what we want to prove, that it is so uneconomical and complex to try and setup such an experimental pool, that you will have a very hard time to even find someone who is willing to do that.
(after a short effort estimation they will all say: "Not worth it")

That's the whole point: we are not going to artificially create a beneficial incentive for this experiment by offering a very high bounty. Why should we?

That would be like doing a kickstarter to collect 1 Billion $ for the FED so they can try and do a successful double spend on bitcoin.

The free market says it's unfeasible!

If HunterMinerCrafter (see his posts) was here, i'm sure he'd create a pool. But he disappeared 3 months ago.
I've always wondered if he was Satoshi. Maybe he was.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 09:47:48 PM

If HunterMinerCrafter (see his posts) was here, i'm sure he'd create a pool. But he disappeared 3 months ago.

It is reassuring that only the disappeared crazies with supposed satoshi level would try to create a pool.  Grin
It somehow proves my point.

ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 11:35:29 PM

If you guys can post what GPU cards you have along with the hashrates you get when mining SPR in this thread over on spreadcointalk.org that'd be great. :-) http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83.0
With my R9 290X I had about 2.5mh/s : about one block per day before diff arose above 50
With a GTX 970 : stock : about 3.6mh/s, with overclock gpu@1500 : 4mh/s.: about one block per day : probably a little more
With 2 GTX 970 @1450mhz : 3.9mh/s X2= 7.8 mh/s : just beginning.

With an amd card, you need to take care of the version of the drivers : some miner works best with 13.12, others 14.6 and some 14.9 or 14.12 : painfull!!! (for instance claymore miner for monero does not work with 14.12 version!)
with nvidia : last drivers seems to works best most of the time for mining : almost too easy!
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 11:39:50 PM

It is reassuring that only the disappeared crazies with supposed satoshi level would try to create a pool.  Grin
He was trying to prove spreadcoin wrong with the "no pools" but he said he'd need to wait until some technology is invented for it to work. Smiley
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 12:05:25 AM

He was trying to prove spreadcoin wrong with the "no pools" but he said he'd need to wait until some technology is invented for it to work. Smiley

Ah now I see... that's the reason he disappeared... he is on a quest to find some alien artefacts in some desert.  Cheesy

Hatch

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:15:42 AM

If you guys can post what GPU cards you have along with the hashrates you get when mining SPR in this thread over on spreadcointalk.org that'd be great. :-) http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83.0

R9-290 2.2Mhs @ 967/1250 powertune -15, (power saving, about 200 watts per card)
R9-290 2.36Mhs @ 1000/1375 powertune +20 (maxed, about 250 watts per card)
LeongTap

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:41:01 AM

I posted this at http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78.0 , but to me it was just so important, that i'd have to repost it here, so here it is:

Hi guys, just throwing all my thoughts out there, i don't know about the majority of others, but i got into crytocurrency because i was a hardware enthusiast, i means theres got to be other ways to use that powerful pc you just bought other than surfing the web and play games right ? =)

I frequent sites like:
1. www.engadget.com
2. www.anandtech.com
3. www.tomshardware.com

i notice that while they don't normally post much about cryptocurrency, they do from time to time post little bits of it, thats IMHO is the mainway to push cryptocurrency mainstream. There are more hardware enthusiast than they are miners.

The hardest thing to attract people are the requirement to do command line entrys which greatly scares most beginners, even if they have like $2000.00 machines, they know nothing about IT. But with Spreadcoin, the miner is integrated into the wallet !!!!!

Can we like push THIS MAJOR SELLING POINT to reviewers and to spread the news about our awesome coin ?

Built in Miner, don't need to disable your antivirus, no scrary black and white command lines and .bat stuffs, and anything etc. just download x32 or x64 and bam, your a cryto miner, spread miner ~

Hatch

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:22:17 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 03:45:56 AM by Hatch

I posted this at http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78.0 , but to me it was just so important, that i'd have to repost it here, so here it is:

Hi guys, just throwing all my thoughts out there, i don't know about the majority of others, but i got into crytocurrency because i was a hardware enthusiast, i means theres got to be other ways to use that powerful pc you just bought other than surfing the web and play games right ? =)

I frequent sites like:
1. www.engadget.com
2. www.anandtech.com
3. www.tomshardware.com

i notice that while they don't normally post much about cryptocurrency, they do from time to time post little bits of it, thats IMHO is the mainway to push cryptocurrency mainstream. There are more hardware enthusiast than they are miners.

The hardest thing to attract people are the requirement to do command line entrys which greatly scares most beginners, even if they have like $2000.00 machines, they know nothing about IT. But with Spreadcoin, the miner is integrated into the wallet !!!!!

Can we like push THIS MAJOR SELLING POINT to reviewers and to spread the news about our awesome coin ?

Built in Miner, don't need to disable your antivirus, no scrary black and white command lines and .bat stuffs, and anything etc. just download x32 or x64 and bam, your a cryto miner, spread miner ~

That is a pretty good idea LeongTap

But unless there can be a LOT of optimization of the CPU miner, I don't think you will be able to keep their interest for long simply because the difficulty in a "running" coin is such that I think the blocks would be too few and far between.

But I think taking your idea to an extreme that I believe would be successful by giving them something to play with (IE; testing and benchmarking their hot GPU's), generate enough profit to keep their attention, and "spread" the word because of it's "coolness" factor with the techies on those hardware sites... Would be to build a GPU mining interface into the wallet.

Don't get me wrong, the in wallet CPU miner IS cool in and of itself, but my 8 core CPU only does about 160khs..

But If I was to have a slick GPU miner in that wallet that could light a fire under the 2 new smoking hot AMD or Nvidia crossfire cards in my "gaming rig"... That would be a wallet I'd be interested in installing because I could mine some change when I wasn't gaming, AND get benchmark and tweaking incentives that I could share and compare with my friends.

Wonder how hard something like that would be to implement?

minerpage

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:39:46 AM

But If I was to have a slick GPU miner in that wallet that could light a fire under the 2 new smoking hot AMD or Nvidia crossfire cards in my "gaming rig"... That would be a wallet I'd be interested in installing because I could mine some change when I wasn't gaming, AND get benchmark and tweaking incentives that I could share and compare with my friends.

I'd want something like that... easy Cool
Hatch

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:44:34 AM

I'd want something like that... easy Cool

Wouldn't that be sweet? Smiley
larsson

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:03:00 AM

I guess I should just go ahead and invest a few BTC in this...
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:31:31 AM

I guess I should just go ahead and invest a few BTC in this...
I suspect you'll be happy you did.

Welcome to Spreadcoin Smiley
mistercashking
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050

@MRCASHKING

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 09:15:27 AM

Directbet.eu has opened up votes for altcoins and has added Spreadcoin to the voting list. Everyone please vote as this is another way we can all spend and use Spreadcoin. I have personally used directbet alot of times and they have paid out everytime. When instant transactions are implemented into spreadcoin, bets could be placed super fast.  Feel free to test out the site as well.

Go vote for spreadcoin here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393147.3480
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:19:02 AM

Voted!
ivcelmik

Activity: 519

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 09:25:01 AM

Voted!
LiteMine

Activity: 380

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:26:04 AM

Voted!
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 09:26:36 AM

Voted!
LeongTap

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:38:53 AM

I can't vote ? Do i need more posts to be able to see the vote button or sth ?  Huh

Anyways, i just noticed something...

WE ARE NOT ON WIKIPEDIA ! YET ! Bitcoin / Litecoin / Darkcoin are there, so are other major coins theres, even POTcoin is there . Its time to get started and list it there. I mentioned in IRC before to others, but i'm just a guy from the construction industry so my IT knowledge is very very limited, but i really do suggest that someone more knowledgeable write up a spreadcoin article there, because basically nowadays everyone google-fu for somethings first, then wikipedia it the next when the information offered isn't enough, else wikipedia links would also be at the first page of that google search, next thing they'd youtube it.

So since we have people working on the video, who is up to do some simple tech writing ?
Hatch

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:45:26 AM

I can't vote ? Do i need more posts to be able to see the vote button or sth ?  Huh

Anyways, i just noticed something...

WE ARE NOT ON WIKIPEDIA ! YET ! Bitcoin / Litecoin / Darkcoin are there, so are other major coins theres, even POTcoin is there . Its time to get started and list it there. I mentioned in IRC before to others, but i'm just a guy from the construction industry so my IT knowledge is very very limited, but i really do suggest that someone more knowledgeable write up a spreadcoin article there, because basically nowadays everyone google-fu for somethings first, then wikipedia it the next when the information offered isn't enough, else wikipedia links would also be at the first page of that google search, next thing they'd youtube it.

So since we have people working on the video, who is up to do some simple tech writing ?

Another good one!  Cheesy
Hatch

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:45:49 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 03:24:23 PM by Hatch

I'm going to invest heavily into this coin. Easily $10 per SPR in the next 6 months.

The longer we progress, the more I like it. I realize the price is still pretty volatile as it should be for a coin at this stage in development, but some very interesting and attractive attributes have shaken out of this project thus far.

I was attracted to, and began to mine this coin because it was developed from the DRK base which I respect, and I felt there would be value in the decentralization from the "no-pools" implementation. But as we progress, I am seeing things I hadn't even considered before, and I am liking the way this is shaking out more and more. Unless something changes, it seems these new ideas and operational implementations make this and future coins built on the same base a GPU miners dream.  

#1. No ASIC or FPGA capability as of yet. GPU miners don't have to compete with those guys.

#2. Limited CPU competition. a) CPU's currently mine slower than GPU's. b) Most consumers operate from 1 to 3 PC's (or laptops) with a single CPU each and maybe a GPU or two, rather than multi-GPU rigs purpose built for mining c) Since the only available CPU miner is included in the wallet, and according to this post from ocminer, there are apparently some limiting restrictions to VPS operators (and their industrial CPU's) that would normally be able run minerd, but are instead forced to install and run the wallet miner.

#3. No Botnets to deal with and limited competition from other, not so fair "free electricity/hardware" operators, as mentioned by girino...
botnets, VPS operators that steal processing power, sysdamins of several hundreds of machines that want to use their spare CPU time to mine, etc.
Another benefit of having the only available CPU miner included in the wallet.

#4. No Nicehash/MiningRigRental/LeaseRig support. Don't get me wrong, I love these services too if I am leasing my rigs to them for straight BTC payout, or if I am just trying to lease as much hash as I can afford alongside what I already have in order to mine something as fast as possible, difficulty be damned... But when trying to mine a specific coin long term (as I have been with SPR), it's been nice for a change, not having to compete against those services and their usual ability to employ the automated multi-algo profit switching support in sgminer 5 to focus so much available hash so quickly on whatever happens to be the "coin of the day" and pushing the difficulty higher than smaller GPU operators can contend with on their own. Yes, all GPU operators "could" in theory, manually focus all their hash at a given coin, and very well might over a 24 hour period. But I am sure the manual prospects of doing so (if only because of the timezone/day-night sleep cycle) would be much more gradual and less concentrated than the effects of a bunch of lease customers jumping on an algorithm, forcing its lease profitability up and triggering more automated machines from all over the world to switch over and be available to that algo, for lease to more customers jumping on the bandwagon... ad nauseum. Acting much like a sort of huge worldwide GPU and ASIC botnet, except being controlled by legitimate lease orders and automated profit switching rather than a botnet maestro.

Numbers 1-3 are extremely attractive to me as a small CPU/GPU operator, and the benefits from #4 seem to far out weigh the loss of not being able to lease more hash or in Ron Popeil "set it and forget it" mining. Wink All in all, a lot of definite positives for the CPU and GPU crowd. If it catches on, could there possibly be a GPU revival? One can only hope! Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: