Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:06:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 20049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
duboisi

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:45:46 PM

As an investor in SpreadCoin it kind of worries me to see it has become such a mess, or am I seeing things the wrong way? And what's all the fuss about private pools, is it actually true?

Just wondering... Because what I'm reading in the various SpreadCoin topics doesn't really make me confident, unless it's nothing but FUD ofcourse.

Somebody that could explain and put some positivity back into this? Huh

See the post from nonce-pool owner:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg10295690#msg10295690

I'm sure this won't make any difference, some folks only read what they want to.

Do we have a pool? Yes.
It's merely a pool server we setup to solo mine to nothing more, we just so happened to let a couple of other small hashrate users in to help out a bit. Is it a risk? Of course it is.

Mr. Spread has done quite a good job at keeping this coin a solo mineable, that doesn't mean that it will always be that way,  there a lot of smart folks around here and if there is enough $ involved then one should expect that there will be others trying to get in on the action in some form or another.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 04:47:47 PM

When people switch over to another coin that is being pumped, do they actually earn more or they are just chasing the profit while their blocks are being matured and their coins being exchanged?

You probably wouldn't be considering that if the chart was showing the actual network hashrate. For if it did, we would be seeing significant spikes instead of the difficutly adjustment's gradual ones.

I recommend that everyone check the block timestamps. If it is what I suspect, the flashmining is random and/or ongoing. eg. The whales and/or pool(s) always return when the difficulty bottoms out, then leave once it peaks again.

Whatever you do, please do your research. Do not let the insider shills control what you learn and know about any coin. Smiley

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:57:33 PM

As an investor in SpreadCoin it kind of worries me to see it has become such a mess, or am I seeing things the wrong way? And what's all the fuss about private pools, is it actually true?

Just wondering... Because what I'm reading in the various SpreadCoin topics doesn't really make me confident, unless it's nothing but FUD ofcourse.

Are you kidding?

The moron who started the scam thread thinks addresses you solo mine to are magically invisible and don't appear on the blockchain/explorer, despite the fact that in the wallet there is a perfectly functional block explorer that clearly shows the address that mines every block.

Clinical cretinism right here:
Another reason is that if you keep solo mining and mining to one address and never receive or send coins,your address is hiden from BE.
BE will never detect such an address.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:12:20 PM

I'll just add my $0.02 about the drop. I know like the two cents my advice isn't worth much.

But for me I mined DGB a long while ago and racked up a bunch. The price was at a perfect selling point. Also the difficulty in it made it worth while for me to completely stop mining SPR and switch back to DGB for now to rack some more up and hold for the future. I can say at the pool there is a miner with 712 Mh/s, one with 442 Mh/s and others that are high. Now are these the people who stopped mining SPR? Probably not, but there is a lot more hash on DGB right now than it was yesterday when I started mining it.

So even though myself and some others might be a big believer in SPR if another opportunity approaches somewhere else people might take advantage of quick profits.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 05:27:41 PM

I'll just add my $0.02 about the drop. I know like the two cents my advice isn't worth much.

But for me I mined DGB a long while ago and racked up a bunch. The price was at a perfect selling point. Also the difficulty in it made it worth while for me to completely stop mining SPR and switch back to DGB for now to rack some more up and hold for the future. I can say at the pool there is a miner with 712 Mh/s, one with 442 Mh/s and others that are high. Now are these the people who stopped mining SPR? Probably not, but there is a lot more hash on DGB right now than it was yesterday when I started mining it.

So even though myself and some others might be a big believer in SPR if another opportunity approaches somewhere else people might take advantage of quick profits.

Ofcourse, you don't owe SPR anything.

It's your decision ONLY where you want to point your hashing power.

And it's SPRs job to offer something valuable, so that it attracts miners.
The customer is king.  Wink

Or quoting the biggest capitalist I have ever known:

Hatch

Activity: 198

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:32:57 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 05:50:03 PM by Hatch

When people switch over to another coin that is being pumped, do they actually earn more or they are just chasing the profit while their blocks are being matured and their coins being exchanged?

You probably wouldn't be considering that if the chart was showing the actual network hashrate. For if it did, we would be seeing significant spikes instead of the difficutly adjustment's gradual ones.

I recommend that everyone check the block timestamps. If it is what I suspect, the flashmining is random and/or ongoing. eg. The whales and/or pool(s) always return when the difficulty bottoms out, then leave once it peaks again.

Whatever you do, please do your research. Do not let the insider shills control what you learn and know about any coin. Smiley

Hippie,

Have you ever bothered to actually LOOK at whats under the mining tab on an a Spreadcoin wallet?

There is your "actual network hashrate" right there.

You know, I don't know if you have thought of this before or not, but maybe if YOU actually did a little research before going off all Chicken Little all the time, maybe people would able to start taking you a little more seriously for a change.

Just a thought!  Wink

Hatch

Activity: 198

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:40:07 PM

DGB was pumped like +150% about that time, it is coming down now. I switch my little 10mh/s over to HamsterPool during that period. So could be quite a few like me doing that.

That's what I was thinking!
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 05:44:41 PM

Looks like we are going to have a little overshoot:

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:45:41 PM

Ofcourse, you don't owe SPR anything.

It's your decision ONLY where you want to point your hashing power.

And it's SPRs job to offer something valuable, so that it attracts miners.
The customer is king.  Wink

Or quoting the biggest capitalist I have ever known:

I agree geargem.

I was just trying to make a point that there are more reason than Hippie's version of what is wrong with the drop.

I am a believer in SPR and some of us miners need to sell to pay for electric.

I just chose to do it with another coin and hold all my SPR. Once I build enough of the other coin up I'll be back.

I am only sad that I missed the easy blocks at the low difficulty but I was able to sell some coins to pay for this months electric bill and still keep all my SPR.

So for me it was a win/win situation.

And believe me, I'll be back soon.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 05:49:20 PM

So for me it was a win/win situation.

Excellent!
Keep hunting for win/win situations.

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 06:00:38 PM

If we overshoot that could potentially support the idea of profit switching scripts triggering in mass. Depends on the difficulty retarget I guess.

Not your keys, not your coins!
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 06:11:12 PM

As a fellow Spreadcoin investor/miner I have a simple task for you.  Try to find a pool or join the one mining right now and see if you want to mine at it knowing that someone can steal your coins at any given time.  The short answer is yes someone set up a private solo mining pool but cannot give public access because anyone can steal the coins.  In essence no there are no pools at this point.  There is a nice bounty though if you can create one safely, that's public, and runs for 30 days without someone stealing the coins.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 07:37:47 PM

If we overshoot that could potentially support the idea of profit switching scripts triggering in mass. Depends on the difficulty retarget I guess.

It happened! We passed 60.

That's strong!  Cool

elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:40:43 PM

Why the 2 threads?
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:41:12 PM

Why the 2 threads?

Because fudmuffin infection was running amuck.  Too annoying.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 09:42:20 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 09:56:59 PM by georgem

Why the 2 threads?

Soon there will be only one again (and the other locked forever). This is just a short transformation phase.

MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:42:38 PM

Why the 2 threads?
We answer that and other questions you may have in the FAQ located here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=945972.msg10359173#msg10359173 -- we're waiting on the original thread to be locked.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:20:03 PM

Why the 2 threads?

Fudders took over. It was Hard for us to actually come up with ideas and work with the constant spam.
Who is the "US' to work on this coin? Who does SpreadCoin consist of in the team? I was under the understanding that Mr. Spread created this coin by himself? There is an actual team behind this coin now? I would love to hear who the other people involved with this are Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:27:06 PM

Who is the "US' to work on this coin? Who does SpreadCoin consist of in the team? I was under the understanding that Mr. Spread created this coin by himself? There is an actual team behind this coin now? I would love to hear who the other people involved with this are Smiley

Anyone and everyone who cares about having a securely decentralised currency and has a use for instant transactions. It's an open source project, all are welcome to contribute in whatever capacity suits them. Smiley
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 10:28:07 PM

Why the 2 threads?

Fudders took over. It was Hard for us to actually come up with ideas and work with the constant spam.

There is a whole "gang" forming around Mr. Spread over at spreadcointalk.  Wink

It's a decentralized gang, also known as "dang"!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: