Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:10:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 20051 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
larraboj

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:04:41 PM

Can anyone explain the 66,6 SPR block reward?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/block.dws?2200.htm

first post says it started at 6.66

Just read what it says there in the first post:

Initial reward was 66.66 coins per block and spacing between blocks was 10 minutes, this was changed after hardfork at block 2200.

The hard fork went into full effect at block 2202.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/block.dws?2202.htm

You sure must have seen that, right?
I will change the text so that it says 2202 instead of 2200 so that it wont confuse the nitpickers.  Wink

honestly, I completely missed that part. I only checked a few early blocks, my bad.

Is there a mining calculator out yet?
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:16:42 PM

honestly, I completely missed that part. I only checked a few early blocks, my bad.

Is there a mining calculator out yet?

I see you on IRC, use !calc command there.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 08:32:27 PM

It doesn't seem like there's much positive talk going on. :/
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:34:24 PM

Nope it sure doesn't and it sure looks like the price of SpreadCoin is crashing again Sad Just don't see why though but I guess lots of people have lost their faith in this coin because they keep dumping more and more day by day Sad

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:54:00 PM

Nope it sure doesn't and it sure looks like the price of SpreadCoin is crashing again Sad Just don't see why though but I guess lots of people have lost their faith in this coin because they keep dumping more and more day by day Sad

We have a problem in the crypto world. Immature investors who missed the Bitcoin boat.  Bitcoin was a flawed coin which became way too big too quickly.  Now we have immature investors hearing how great SPR is and they think "I will buy some today and sell next week to double my profits."  Far too many investors are under the age of 18 and have no clue how investing really works.  SPR has GREAT potential, and (in my opinion) is the best coin on the market.  Once everything is implemented there is no doubt in my mind that we will see $10 per SPR or $100 per SPR!  Those of you who are invested need to hold on for the long hull, and those of you who are not should consider getting it now.
njs811

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:57:38 PM

Forget the Rest, Choose the Best! Spreadcoin
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:58:58 PM

Steady progress on testnet, most of the commentary is at spreadcointalk.  Smiley
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:07:18 PM

I believe it's a combination of greedy miners who only seek short term profit (dump as they mine) and/or miners with cheap to free electricity, constant FUDstorm mostly by ignorant people, lack of investors because there were and are so many scams that virtually everyone in crypto got burned at some point, we're oversaturated with practically hundreds of useless altcoins and then there's the fact that every altcoin is still bound to the price of bitcoin which is lower at the moment than most people would like it to be.

Not your keys, not your coins!
njs811

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:10:41 PM

I believe it's a combination of greedy miners who only seek short term profit (dump as they mine) and/or miners with cheap to free electricity, constant FUDstorm mostly by ignorant people, lack of investors because there were and are so many scams that virtually everyone in crypto got burned at some point, we're oversaturated with practically hundreds of useless altcoins and then there's the fact that every altcoin is still bound to the price of bitcoin which is lower at the moment than most people would like it to be.

If we wanted to really break free of other altcoins and make our way into the world we need to get away from BTC.  We need to think outside of the box and come up with strategies that are different than all of the other coins. 
njs811

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:13:14 PM

It would be fantastic if we could come up with our own exchange which only exchanged fiat with SPR. 
njs811

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:15:41 PM

By the way anyone feel like piecing together audio fragments of Billy Mays? He could be our official spokesperson.
minerpage

Activity: 268

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:51:45 PM

Good time to buy Cool
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:05:52 PM

Good time to buy Cool
I still think a huge part of the people dumping is because there is literally no marketing behind this coin and not really any Public Relations going on for SpreadCoin to help introduce new users to SpreadCoin.  I think that SpreadCoin needs to focus on being a coin apart from the many altcoins out there and we need to have a promotional campaign geared towards that and I don't think that maybe making shirts or coffee mugs with SpreadCoin and a possible SpreadCoin slogan wouldn't hurt to help get the word out there ya know Smiley I like that Mr. Spread totally tries to make everything about SpreadCoin completely DUMMY proof so that anyone who has never even tried a cryptocurrency can pick up SpreadCoin and use it with the slightest of ease Smiley I think that these are all things that need to be made aware to the CryptoCommunity and possibly an article on SpreadCoin would be very essential to helping get the word out to the masses whom have still not heard about SpreadCoin Smiley I don't know those are just some of my ideas Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:08:41 PM

I think that if the community wants to start promoting the coin than that is definitely great.  In fact, Mrcashking is doing a pretty good job of that.  Right now, the most important aspect is development.  We're at 1200 MN's and need just a few hundred moreish...everyone needs to hop on the test!

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
minerpage

Activity: 268

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:10:20 PM

Good time to buy Cool
I still think a huge part of the people dumping is because there is literally no marketing behind this coin and not really any Public Relations going on for SpreadCoin to help introduce new users to SpreadCoin.  I think that SpreadCoin needs to focus on being a coin apart from the many altcoins out there and we need to have a promotional campaign geared towards that and I don't think that maybe making shirts or coffee mugs with SpreadCoin and a possible SpreadCoin slogan wouldn't hurt to help get the word out there ya know Smiley I like that Mr. Spread totally tries to make everything about SpreadCoin completely DUMMY proof so that anyone who has never even tried a cryptocurrency can pick up SpreadCoin and use it with the slightest of ease Smiley I think that these are all things that need to be made aware to the CryptoCommunity and possibly an article on SpreadCoin would be very essential to helping get the word out to the masses whom have still not heard about SpreadCoin Smiley I don't know those are just some of my ideas Smiley

Perhaps, let's not forget the coin is still in the early stages (development and testing)... some people exiting right now probably don't have the patience for long term engagement... I'm pretty sure the marketing and promotion will come pretty soon after the MN and TX features are working on the main net... and everybody is invited to help with marketing and promotion as is already getting started on the main forum: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?board=16.0
Hatch

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:18:59 PM

Perhaps, let's not forget the coin is still in the early stages (development and testing)... some people exiting right now probably don't have the patience for long term engagement... I'm pretty sure the marketing and promotion will come pretty soon after the MN and TX features are working on the main net... and everybody is invited to help with marketing and promotion as is already getting started on the main forum: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?board=16.0

This is where I am as well... We are where Darkcoin was 6 months ago with a lot more competition. Great core, niceley moving development and testing, and a great community... I think too much marketing before the IX and MN's, mobile wallets, and something to spend the coin on could be potentially dangerous. MrCashKing and the community are doing a great job, but keep in mind, your selling something that isn't quite ready yet. Think of selling a sports car without brakes, AC, or windshield wipers... Might be fun for a bit, but unless the experience makes you want to keep using it, you could do more damage than good.

Lets be patient with the market and volatility and keep building things useful. Exchange, Gambling, any worthwhile goods and services. If you do hosting, or web design, or maybe even computer/software repair, give as much of a discount that you can for paying in Spread. Market that discount where you list the costs for your services. Use the opportunity to teach interested parties how to get it. Not even the best altcoin in the world can survive in this world without breaking into commerce.

Don't get discouraged, just keep building the brand and real world usability.

Least that's my 2 Satoshi's and why I ain't sweating it this early in the game.  Cheesy
mrcashking

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:27:58 PM

I agree. and If my calculations are right. Mr.Spread should be able to get back on bitcointalk tomorrow. Promo and Marketing takes time. I did as much promo as I could with what I have at the moment. Something like a test run. Making graphics, interacting with followers, etc. But with all these features still being in development, it's best to wait to do any real type of promo and marketing so that it's not a waste.. I also did a test run to get a few of my followers to tweet @cryptsy buy cryptsy hasn't been on twitter since january. The community should definitely just try to come up with ideas. Contact some merchants, vote, create some things. Then when the coin is done with development it will have a nice little infrastructure in place.
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:56:57 AM

The best short term marketing will come from coinmarketcap.com when masternodes go live and we see a price explosion from that which will bring people in to see what the story is.  I'm just glad the price has remained low so that the % increase will be that much greater.
Hatch

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 05:16:04 AM

Me Three!  Cheesy
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 05:20:47 AM

Because I'm the 4th person to agree I will say that SPR will increase in price by 4x  Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: