Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:43:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 20048 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Spreadcoin_ (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:11:26 PM

How dense are you exactly?  Smiley

Mr. Spread = Spreadcoin_ ?
No.  This is MyFarm, he gave me permission to create this thread.  He will be given the login credentials when his temp ban is lifted.  A couple other people will be trusted with credentials so the trolls can be deleted 24/7.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:33:17 PM

Guys we need to jump onto this testing thing. If you are not currently testing you need to do something. DRK has implemented InstantX in an attempt to leave us in the dust.  If we don't kick it into gear they will have.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 04:39:21 PM

The reason I think we need to reevaluate if we want to continue the old or new thread, is that today Mr. Spread will be unbanned.
So this will be the best time to make a final decision.

Also, we haven't made a poll to really get a feeling how most of the people think about this.

Hey trolls: if you like, please come and vote too!

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99

The polling results will give a clear picture, and the moment we see Mr. Spread posting in one of the two threads, it will be final.

njs811

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:51:53 PM

The reason I think we need to reevaluate if we want to continue the old or new thread, is that today Mr. Spread will be unbanned.

Also, we haven't made a poll to really get a feeling how most of the people think about this.

The polling results will give a clear picture, and the moment we see Mr. Spread posting in one of the two threads, it will be final.

Since the new thread has been opened we have had a massive reduction of trolls in our midst. That makes it great for us to discuss SPR.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 05:14:16 PM

Since the new thread has been opened we have had a massive reduction of trolls in our midst. That makes it great for us to discuss SPR.

I was able to have a discussion with normal people even in the old thread, even during the beginning of the troll-infestation, by just puting the trolls on the ignore list.
What made that impossible were clumsy people who don't know how to handle trolls, and who constantly quoted and enabled them.

It's incredible, they managed to chase us away from our own thread.

How much longer are we going to be the laughing stock of BCT?  Huh

njs811

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 05:41:39 PM

I think we should consider doing some business over at C-Cex. For the time being our strongest market is on Bittrex. If you are thinking of buying or selling SPR consider doing it on another exchange.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 05:48:46 PM

If you haven't voted yet, please do so.

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99.0

Do we really let the trolls win this?

No.

I think we spreaders are a strong community!

Smiley

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:04:25 PM

Like BCT or not, it's free publicity and it's stupid not to use that. A lot of people won't be bothering registering to another forum for 1 coin.

Not your keys, not your coins!
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 06:11:29 PM

Like BCT or not, it's free publicity and it's stupid not to use that. A lot of people won't be bothering registering to another forum for 1 coin.

The question is not whether to use BCT or not.

It's whether to return to the original thread or keep this self-moderated thread alive, admiting that - in effect - we don't know how to handle trolls.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 06:21:40 PM

The original thread has 300 pages at the moment: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435

If that is not a sign, I don't know what is.

Let's make this our "THIS IS SPARTA" moment.

Angry

donschoe

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Hello Coins

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:40:33 PM

stop talking to yourself  Cool

Not using Tapatalk.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 06:49:52 PM

stop talking to yourself  Cool

It was not meant for your ears, but for them:

Smiley

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:55:43 PM

I started a poll at spreadcointalk:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99.0

Please everybody give your vote to finally decide if we should continue the old thread or the new thread.

I am not so sure that this new thread is a good idea anymore.

Also, Mr. Spread will be unbanned sometime later today, so he should have the last word...

But I would love to keep the thread active that has Mr. Spread as the original Threadstarter, and also a history of the last 6 months.

Let's survive this troll-infestation like a person who has the flu. It will go away eventually.  Smiley
Thanks for that awesome analogy of defeating the troll infestation like the flu Smiley I agree that it is initially up to Mr. Spread what the final word would be but I would love to just continue with the old thread since the trolls have seem to have dispersed from there finally and I would love to keep the history of the original topic thread that Mr. Spread started to continue growing so that when SpreadCoin becomes the huge success it is bound to become that we can laugh and look back at the stupid big bold red letter sayers and say WHAT?? What happened to your FUD? We conquered and survived the Trollocaust of the SPREVOLUTION and WE HAVE SUCCEEDED!! I vote for keeping the old thread alive and open and maybe just when we report to the moderators if the trolls come back simply explain that discussing questions concerning the coin are more than welcome but you have to do something about nonstop bantering from people nonstop repeating the same shit and acting like children when they do it Smiley I believe if all of us were to do that the moderators would eventually get sick and tired of hearing our positive pleas to keep our thread clean but yet open to proper discussion and we would see the trolls eventually die out Smiley VIVE LE SPREVOLUTION!!!!

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:57:59 PM

I also agree with this comment and honestly the only reason I even joined SpreadcoinTalk is because I support the coin but the average trader or investor won't want to go through the hassle to sign up for another forum especially one dedicated to only one coin so I do believe that we need BitcoinTalk for the publicity and like people have stated the old thread is over 300 pages which definitely signifies something about this coin Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

njs811

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 07:10:01 PM

I agree, I hope Mr. Spread keeps the old thread.
THIS IS SPREADCOIN!
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 08:28:43 PM

I agree, I hope Mr. Spread keeps the old thread.
THIS IS SPREADCOIN!

Your wish has been heard.

Mr. Spread is back!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg10419469#msg10419469

Hatch

Activity: 198

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:41:24 PM

I was able to have a discussion with normal people even in the old thread, even during the beginning of the troll-infestation, by just puting the trolls on the ignore list.
What made that impossible were clumsy people who don't know how to handle trolls, and who constantly quoted and enabled them.

Georgem, Et ALL

I am a FIRM believer in the mod thread.

Just because YOU "ignored" them, just means that YOU didn't see all the TRASH and BS they were leaving around unchallenged. It didn't stop any new people interested in SPR from getting SLAMMED with all that crap. The ONLY reason it stopped is because of the modded thread.

And IF you delete the modded thread, who's to say they wont start up the sock puppet trash generation campaign again tomorrow, or next week, or next month... Whenever they want to kill the price again which is EXACTLY what they intended and succeeded in doing the last time. We didn't defeat shit. They stopped because they couldn't get to us anymore because their crap was not allowed to persist in the modded thread. The only reason they stopped is because they lost control.

Any argument about "modded thread making the coin look weak", "laughing stock BS", "not knowing how to deal with trolls", etc is a straw argument... The only reason it exists is because a modded thread wasn't created in the first place... What are we? Pre-Schoolers on the playground believing that the bully that beat the crap out of us for fun has been reformed and won't be a bully tomorrow? Ever heard the story of the Frog and the Scorpion trying to get across the river? Don't fall for it. Keep the modded thread and keep it professional.

It will stand up for itself as people see that the difficult issues are NOT modded, only the trash.

Save what you want from the old thread and kill it.

MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:46:35 PM

How much longer are we going to be the laughing stock of BCT?  Huh

Georgem, Et ALL

Just because YOU "ignored" them, just means that YOU didn't see all the TRASH and BS they were leaving around unchallenged. It didn't stop any new people interested in SPR from getting SLAMMED with all that crap. The ONLY reason it stopped is because of the modded thread.

And IF you delete the modded thread, who's to say they wont start up the sock puppet trash generation campaign again tomorrow, or next week, or next month... Whenever they want to kill the price again which is EXACTLY what they intended and succeeded in doing the last time. We didn't defeat shit. They stopped because they couldn't get to us anymore because their crap was not allowed to persist in the modded thread. The only reason they stopped is because they lost control.

Any argument about "modded thread making the coin look weak", "laughing stock BS", "not knowing how to deal with trolls", etc is a straw argument... The only reason it exists is because a modded thread wasn't created in the first place... What are we? Pre-Schoolers on the playground believing that the bully that beat the crap out of us for fun has been reformed and won't be a bully tomorrow? Ever heard the story of the Frog and the Scorpion trying to get across the river? Don't fall for it. Keep the modded thread and keep it professional.

It will stand up for itself as people see that the difficult issues are NOT modded, only the trash.

+100

Moving back to the old thread will be a mistake.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 08:46:44 PM

Georgem,

And IF you delete the modded thread, who's to say they wont start up the sock puppet trash generation campaign again tomorrow, or next week, or next month... Whenever they want to kill the price again which is EXACTLY what they intended and succeeded in doing the last time.

Any argument about "modded thread making the coin look weak", "laughing stock BS", "not knowing how to deal with trolls", etc is a straw arguement... The only reason it exists is because a modded thread wasn't created in the first place... What are we? Pre-Schoolers on the playground believing that the bully that beat the crap out of us for fun has been reformed and won't be a bully tomorrow? Ever heard the story of the Frog and the Scorpion trying to get across the river? Don't fall for it. Keep the modded thread and keep it professional.

Now that Mr. Spread is back, I have no say into what thread should be "killed" or not.
Something tells me that Mr. Spread (and 66% of the community) have too much involvement in the old thread to just let it die.

Don't be afraid of the trolls, and if your decision is to NOT IGNORE THEM, then it is you alone who has to endure their crap.

As simple as that.

From now on, I will start ignoring users who quote trolls too ... I will talk to them, make them see their wrong behaviour, and if they don't get it,... I will ignore them too.

Hatch

Activity: 198

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:54:38 PM

Don't be afraid of the trolls, and if your decision is to NOT IGNORE THEM, then it is you alone who has to endure their crap.

As simple as that.

(edited)

Just because you "ignore" something doesn't mean it goes away, it just means YOU don't see it anymore. The rest of the community still does. That's like pulling the sheet over your head when something malevolent is coming for you, or the ostrich hiding from predators by putting his head in the sand...

I know it's up to Mr Spread and hope he listens to reason rather than some childish straw argument bravado

And that's the last I'll say about it... But Seriously...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: