Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:32:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Permanently keeping the 1MB (anti-spam) restriction is a great idea ...  (Read 104993 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:50:28 PM

and if the transaction fees decrease (as a result of block size increasing)

The average block size has been increasing for six years.

Has the average transaction fee revenue increased or decreased over the same period?

Is there anyone in favour of small blocks who has the slightest bit of intellectual integrity whatsoever?

- snip - img - anyone? anyone?

Ya, me.  I've been around for years and have been saying the same thing since pretty much day one.  I don't own any alts or have any interest in them.  I don't take a paycheck from some shadowy group of well funded coders who are making noise about taking over Bitcoin with a 'better' software.

I make a lot of noise about 'sidechains' because subordinate chains which derive their value from Bitcoin are a logical and natural scaling method which actually can work and keep Bitcoin healthy.  Possibly the only thing with a hope of doing so in fact.

Speaking of intellectual integrity, when are you going to share your infinite wisdom on the effects of IBLTs on 'natural' blocksizes?  I couldn't help notice that you've ignored my comment when I inserted it into your supposedly coherent argument that blocks should remain small even if the max size is raised 'cuz they always have.  You are not alone among people who want to remain mum on IBLTs though.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:57:01 PM

Just in case you were curious about mining bitcoin on other planets..

Don't worry! There will be a SWIFT-a-like sidechain that will regulate interplanetary transfers  Cool

I'll be much more satisfied with SWIFT when I can be a full peer with Wells-Fargo using a router-sized server behind my satellite connection, and any of 100 million others can do so at will.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:08:32 PM

If "enough" miners don't require a fee, then some transactors will not send transactions with a fee, and many others will simply send insignificant fees (like now). Some miners that were mining for a profit will no longer be able to make a profit, and they will stop mining.

This can happen anytime now. Why would it be any different after the fork?

Despite what someone else claimed, this does not make confirmations take longer, increasing the price of transactions, and incentivizing more miners to mine, because of the fixed time to mine a block.

Either this will reduce the security of the bitcoin network, or stakeholders will mine "at a loss" to avoid losing their bitcoins.

And, it's silly to make stakeholders do PoW.

I still don't get how you go from “Miners are mining at a loss” to “This is proof of stake”.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:09:19 PM

Just in case you were curious about mining bitcoin on other planets..

And this is relevant because...?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
gotpetum

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:06:30 PM

This can happen anytime now. Why would it be any different after the fork?

(Numbers made up.)

After the fork, the government could regularly post blocks with a million transactions in it. If it happened regularly enough, people would lower their transaction fees, and some profit-seeking miners would leave.

They can try to do the same thing before the fork, but each time they are limited to posting blocks with only 100 transactions in it. There's still scarcity, and fewer miners will leave.

Granted, scarcity is not driving mining at this time. But transaction fees were "supposed to" take over mining bounties (which I think is bad design, see below).

I still don't get how you go from “Miners are mining at a loss” to “This is proof of stake”.

There are four groups of people (a) stakeholders, (b) saboteurs, (c) transactors, and (d) miners. With PoW, stakeholders want to protect their coins from saboteurs, and for some reason transactors pay miners to do so. That's pretty convoluted! Transactors and miners would be just as happy destroying the blockchain, if it enriched them somehow. (We've seen attack vectors along these lines.)

However, if block size is increased, there's really no reason why most miners won't include as many transactions as possible, since it doesn't really cost them anything. Transactors will no longer be required to pay to have their transactions included in the blockchain, and eventually profit-seeking miners will leave. Stakeholders will still need to protect their coins from saboteurs. Suddenly, stakeholders will either have to mine themselves, or send bitcoin to themselves with large fees, in order to keep miners in the game (which is inefficient, because sometimes the fees will go to saboteurs). In this scenario, we've realigned the costs of maintaining the integrity of the blockchain: the transaction fees have dropped, and stakeholders are paying to protect their coins. These are the same incentives as PoS.

However, this is a really inefficient way of determining which ledger is correct. There are at least two ways to do so:

(1) You can ask the stakeholders and the saboteurs to fight it out. The last one standing decides which ledger is correct. This is PoW.

(2) You can just ask the stakeholders which ledger is correct. This is PoS.

Thoughts?

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." ― David M. Friedman
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:03:39 AM

Speaking of intellectual integrity, when are you going to share your infinite wisdom on the effects of IBLTs on 'natural' blocksizes?  I couldn't help notice that you've ignored my comment when I inserted it into your supposedly coherent argument that blocks should remain small even if the max size is raised 'cuz they always have.  You are not alone among people who want to remain mum on IBLTs though.
So far I've published about 5000 words regarding the economics of block size and related topics.

You are perfectly free to read what I have written to see if your question is answered or not.

If you're going to demand a concierge answer without even bothering to participate in the public discussion, you should know that you certainly haven't earned that.
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:37:01 AM

All it takes for transaction fees to go down to ~zero is a benevolent or a malevolent miner occasionally accepting 0 fee transactions.

One miner accepts 0 fee transactions. Why would the other follow their example?

If "enough" (1 large or many small) miners are willing to fill 20 MB blocks of ~0 fee transactions, then some bitcoin users will send ~0 fee transactions, and some miners that mine for transaction fees will stop mining, which weakens the security of the bitcoin network.

This is dumb.  Let us say one miner starts filling 20MB blocks with 0-fee transactions.  Let's say that there are users out there who supply her with 0-fee transactions.  Miners who are mining for fees will just ignore the 0-fee transactions, which means people who do 0-fee transactions just have to wait until the one miner who accepts them happens to get a block.

That means that the user has a choice between an 0-fee transaction that may or may not eventually get onto the blockchain at some unknown time in the distant future, or a fees-paid transaction that will get into the next block.  So, fees-paid transactions will keep happening because people don't want the uncertainty, delay, and hassle of wondering whether and when their tx will go through.

But it gets better.  That miner who is filling giant blocks with 0-fee transactions?  She's competing with miners who are collecting fees.  In that competition she will go broke.  So to the extent a miner can cause a problem by the behavior you describe, it's a self-correcting problem.

ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:27:25 AM

All it takes for transaction fees to go down to ~zero is a benevolent or a malevolent miner occasionally accepting 0 fee transactions.
One miner accepts 0 fee transactions. Why would the other follow their example?
If "enough" (1 large or many small) miners are willing to fill 20 MB blocks of ~0 fee transactions, then some bitcoin users will send ~0 fee transactions, and some miners that mine for transaction fees will stop mining, which weakens the security of the bitcoin network.
This is dumb.  Let us say one miner starts filling 20MB blocks with 0-fee transactions.  Let's say that there are users out there who supply her with 0-fee transactions.  Miners who are mining for fees will just ignore the 0-fee transactions, which means people who do 0-fee transactions just have to wait until the one miner who accepts them happens to get a block.

That means that the user has a choice between an 0-fee transaction that may or may not eventually get onto the blockchain at some unknown time in the distant future, or a fees-paid transaction that will get into the next block.  So, fees-paid transactions will keep happening because people don't want the uncertainty, delay, and hassle of wondering whether and when their tx will go through.

But it gets better.  That miner who is filling giant blocks with 0-fee transactions?  She's competing with miners who are collecting fees.  In that competition she will go broke.  So to the extent a miner can cause a problem by the behavior you describe, it's a self-correcting problem.

There are more logic faults in their post.

(Numbers made up.)

After the fork, the government could regularly post blocks with a million transactions in it.
Any entity that finds a block could fill it with the transactions they want to include. That includes the government.
If it happened regularly enough, people would lower their transaction fees, and some profit-seeking miners would leave.
Two non sequitors. Why would people lower their transaction fees? And why would it make some miners (I assume all miners seek profit) leave?
They can try to do the same thing before the fork, but each time they are limited to posting blocks with only 100 transactions in it. There's still scarcity, and fewer miners will leave.
Again a non sequitor. Why would miners leave if another miner is filling blocks with 0 fee transaction? Average block size at the moment is (well) under half a megabyte. Blocks are not even half full on average. How is that scarcity?
Granted, scarcity is not driving mining at this time. But transaction fees were "supposed to" take over mining bounties (which I think is bad design, see below).
Profit is driving mining at this time. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
There are four groups of people (a) stakeholders, (b) saboteurs, (c) transactors, and (d) miners.
Care to elaborate on how you came to these groups? They are definitely not mutually exclusive.
With PoW, stakeholders want to protect their coins from saboteurs, and for some reason transactors pay miners to do so. That's pretty convoluted! Transactors and miners would be just as happy destroying the blockchain, if it enriched them somehow. (We've seen attack vectors along these lines.)
That's not why people pay a transaction fee. Transaction fees are paid to verify a transaction. That's what it's all about, isn't it? Trustlessly verifying transactions. The transaction fee is supposed to be an incentive for a third party to verify a transaction.
However, if block size is increased, there's really no reason why most miners won't include as many transactions as possible, since it doesn't really cost them anything.
It will cost them in bandwidth, storage space, propagation speed (chance of orphans?). Miners will find a balance that optimizes their profit.
Transactors will no longer be required to pay to have their transactions included in the blockchain,
There is no requirement to pay transaction fees right now.
and eventually profit-seeking miners will leave.
Non sequitor. It doesn't happen now, at least explain why would it happen tomorrow?
Stakeholders will still need to protect their coins from saboteurs. Suddenly, stakeholders will either have to mine themselves, or send bitcoin to themselves with large fees, in order to keep miners in the game (which is inefficient, because sometimes the fees will go to saboteurs). In this scenario, we've realigned the costs of maintaining the integrity of the blockchain: the transaction fees have dropped, and stakeholders are paying to protect their coins. These are the same incentives as PoS.
What if scenario filled with assumptions. Can't be bothered to disseminate this further.
However, this is a really inefficient way of determining which ledger is correct.
It seems to be working quite well at the moment.
There are at least two ways to do so:

(1) You can ask the stakeholders and the saboteurs to fight it out. The last one standing decides which ledger is correct. This is PoW.

(2) You can just ask the stakeholders which ledger is correct. This is PoS.
And the stakeholders will include saboteurs who will confidently tell you their ledger is correct... And the one that managed to get the largest stake gets to decide. The way you put it actually convinced me that it is a good thing to separate the people making transactions / holding an amount of currency and the people verifying their transactions.
Thoughts?

TL;DR:
The same thing we do every night, Pinky.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:31:08 AM

So far I've published about 5000 words regarding the economics of block size and related topics.

You are perfectly free to read what I have written to see if your question is answered or not.

If you're going to demand a concierge answer without even bothering to participate in the public discussion, you should know that you certainly haven't earned that.

All I was trying to do was to figure out if you were unable to comprehend IBLT's impacts on block size, or whether you were deliberately ignoring them because they (probably completely) nullify the argument you were trying to make and figured your target audience would be ignorant of them.

Not that it matters much...both possibilities suck for you.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:41:05 AM

All I was trying to do was to figure out if you were unable to comprehend IBLT's impacts on block size, or whether you were deliberately ignoring them because they (probably completely) nullify the argument you were trying to make and figured your target audience would be ignorant of them.

Wrong on all counts.

You'd know that if you'd bother to read.

You're just setting yourself up to look even more ridiculous.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 06:35:44 AM

The part about showing the limitations based on average txn size of the last million transactions is quite interesting. I guess the idea of 7 tps limit did not take into account the variability of tx sizes. It is always good to over estimate (or under) to make sure your estimations are likely to be within the bounds of the claims being mentioned. Clearly the 7tps claim did not account for that.

According to my data the average transaction size is higher than expected, and slowly growing.

Average on the chart equals average of all transactions, where data points are based on the average of 2500 block intervals. The full data table is available here, though as image and only until block 327500, but it should provide a ballpark: somewhere around 500-600 byte per transaction.

SparkedDev

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:38:05 AM

Why can't someone just make a video explaining this concept and idea, for people that aren't techies because i have a few people already ask what is going on.
Because this is only going to lead to wide speculation for those who think or make crap up.

Kinda like the anti vaxors.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:43:34 AM

I agree doing a 10-20 min video to explain what D&T talked about in the OP would be very helpful in getting more people to understand the real issues with keeping a 1 MB cap going forward.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:44:16 AM

Wrong on all counts.

The profligate nature of your writing and speaking is eclipsed only by the content-less nature of both.  I swear to Christ I've never gotten so little out of a one hour podcast as I did with that thing I listened to the other day.  I'm not going to track down all your spam so pop up a link if you have one.

Speaking of the podcast (with some fake accent guy who spent the last 10 minutes of his time doing jl777 a solid), what was really funny was that even with 40 minutes or so to burn you still deferred on trying to explain the OT thing because, supposedly, it was to complicated or some such.  Signing an XML is complicated?  Or tracking some sigs with a centralized server system?  Ya, OK.  Occam's razor suggests that you didn't want to try to describe it because it is lame and mostly useless.

I'm going to give you guys a little help understanding what is missing.  OK, so I make a 'contract' and break it.  What are you going to do?  Kick me out of your Ayn Rand fun-fort?  You need some sort of enforcement.  Fiat has it because they have a court system.  Bitcoin has a proof-of-work.  As far as I can see, OT has bunkus unless you somehow major visibility and I don't see that happening.  Maybe you could attach to someone with a user tracking and validation charger (e.g., CoinValidation) but I suspect they'll tell you to piss up a rope and just role their own instead of working with you.  You might offer your solution to Blockstream to try out for their federated kludge.  A proof-of-concept which does something useful probably wouldn't hurt OT any.

Uncle Axetime

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:13:42 AM

Let's not get sidetracked by sidechains and IBLT.

The first was demolished even by cypherdoc in his econ-for-trolls thread, whence half of you came. They wil be decimated by speculators within hours, as with gavincoin.

The second is a blatant move towards conformity and centralisation.
"With today's p2p protocol ..." https://gist.github.com/gavinandresen/e20c3b5a1d4b97f79ac2 starts USGavin, preparing our arseholes for "tomorrow's p2usg protocol".

The old bitcoin foundation added and proposed a ton of other such ways to eventually con you out of your money too, such as multisig, timelock.

The new one has halted all such complications and is producing a purer form of the discovery that is bitcoin. Everything that makes sense stays, everything else...

Once the crust is removed, block size and all the other elements of bitcoin can be tested without interference from or reference to Gavin, Blockstream, anyone.
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:21:58 AM

Wrong on all counts.

The profligate nature of your writing and speaking is eclipsed only by the content-less nature of both.  I swear to Christ I've never gotten so little out of a one hour podcast as I did with that thing I listened to the other day.  I'm not going to track down all your spam so pop up a link if you have one.

Speaking of the podcast (with some fake accent guy who spent the last 10 minutes of his time doing jl777 a solid), what was really funny was that even with 40 minutes or so to burn you still deferred on trying to explain the OT thing because, supposedly, it was to complicated or some such.  Signing an XML is complicated?  Or tracking some sigs with a centralized server system?  Ya, OK.  Occam's razor suggests that you didn't want to try to describe it because it is lame and mostly useless.

I'm going to give you guys a little help understanding what is missing.  OK, so I make a 'contract' and break it.  What are you going to do?  Kick me out of your Ayn Rand fun-fort?  You need some sort of enforcement.  Fiat has it because they have a court system.  Bitcoin has a proof-of-work.  As far as I can see, OT has bunkus unless you somehow major visibility and I don't see that happening.  Maybe you could attach to someone with a user tracking and validation charger (e.g., CoinValidation) but I suspect they'll tell you to piss up a rope and just role their own instead of working with you.  You might offer your solution to Blockstream to try out for their federated kludge.  A proof-of-concept which does something useful probably wouldn't hurt OT any.

Podcast?

http://bitcoinism.liberty.me/2015/01/21/economic-fallacies-and-the-block-size-limit-part-1-scarcity/
http://bitcoinism.liberty.me/2015/02/09/economic-fallacies-and-the-block-size-limit-part-2-price-discovery/

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:37:17 AM

Let's not get sidetracked by sidechains and IBLT.

The first was demolished even by cypherdoc in his econ-for-trolls thread, whence half of you came. They wil be decimated by speculators within hours, as with gavincoin.

Cypherdoc couldn't demolish a wet paper bag.  More than half of his bullshit is to absurd to even respond to.

And sidechains will be unlikely to be 'decimated within hours' if it takes days to excersize the peg.  For speculators who have the patience, well, as a BTC hodler, 'please don't throw me in dat der brier patch.'

The second is a blatant move towards conformity and centralisation.
"With today's p2p protocol ..." https://gist.github.com/gavinandresen/e20c3b5a1d4b97f79ac2 starts USGavin, preparing our arseholes for "tomorrow's p2usg protocol".

The old bitcoin foundation added and proposed a ton of other such ways to eventually con you out of your money too, such as multisig, timelock.

Don't doubt it, but I've not seen any examples yet.  Nor have I looked real hard.  I was negative about the garbage because I felt it was risky and unneeded, but I've nearly come to the conclusion that I was wrong.  I'm open to being convinced otherwise, and it may be worthwhile if you guys want 5.3 since I'm glad to accept the labor savings of digging the arguments up for myself.

The new one has halted all such complications and is producing a purer form of the discovery that is bitcoin. Everything that makes sense stays, everything else...

Once the crust is removed, block size and all the other elements of bitcoin can be tested without interference from or reference to Gavin, Blockstream, anyone.

I'm naturally inclined toward Blockstream until someone points me to more credible contributors than Maxwell, Wuille, Back, Frie-whatever, etc.  Todd is up there and I'll carefully parse his input, but after watching things moderately carefully for a number of years now, it's going to take more than witty prose to make any seismic shifts in my orientation.  Especially since what these guys seem to be up to are things which have made sense to me for about forever.

Uncle Axetime

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:03:25 AM

Yes patience would be key.

I'm not one of the guys, or anyone really, but I'd guess they trust ben_vulpes, mod6 and asciilifeform more than most people previously known as core devs.

The whole thing has been tainted, and it's hard to know who in which camp is independent of mind or influence.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:10:16 AM

Why the blocksize limit keeps Bitcoin free and decentralized: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZp7UGgBR0I

thank the good lord satoshi theres an ignore button ............
ahaaaaaaaaaa..........so much better
bambou

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:27:01 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 08:37:02 AM by bambou

Why the blocksize limit keeps Bitcoin free and decentralized: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZp7UGgBR0I

thank the good lord satoshi theres an ignore button ............
ahaaaaaaaaaa..........so much better

wuut?? this is a very enlightening video made by Peter Todd already more than a year ago.. guess the issue hasnt evolved pretty much..

BTW his site http://keepbitcoinfree.org/ in which the video was originally posted is now disabled..

no more keeping bitcoin free Huh  Cry

source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208200.0

Non inultus premor
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: