Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:15:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People who knows Satoshi Nakamoto ?  (Read 3044 times)
TrianglePythagoras

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:03:30 AM

...and what do you think if karpeles is Satoshi ? Would it be a bad/shock news for you?

That would possibly kill bitcoin. Most of the people won;t be able to trust anything.

I would sell everything and leave.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinexp

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 01:53:08 PM

Based on my observations on the forum, a few that have a better than average chance..
1. Gavin
2. theymos
3. sirius
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 02:06:16 PM

What if theymos/sirius is satoshi's alt account?  Mind blow.

Theymos & Sirius Real names are given and known to public . so that will make Satoshi a group of people and not only one person ... and honestly I don't think he is that dumb to give his real idendity and think that people won't know that he is one of the staff members . so nah .. don't think so

~ Madness
Well, we're never ever going to now about what actually happened to him unless he(satoshi) steps forward and explains. Theymos bans everyone who doxx's him, which gives me a huge suspicion that he's affiliated with satoshi more than just being a forum administrator.
Your joking me, you really think Theymos is really trying to hide, whe he released the DPR subpena he had his full name on it.
If his does ban people fox doxxing him then good, we all deserve our privacy.

Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:34:48 PM

Based on my observations on the forum, a few that have a better than average chance..
1. Gavin
2. theymos
3. sirius

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890233.msg10321992#msg10321992
I think we came to a good consensus in the thread linked above that BitCoin was mostly created in the comment sections of the "Nanobarter", "BitGold" & "BitGold-Markets" blogs. What happened in private emails and Meet-ups may never be known. Szabo & Zooko or maybe Jim McCoy or Hal? We may never know. IMHO...Nick Szabo's "BitGold" and Hal Finney's "RPOW" along with Jim McCoys "MojoNation" and Adam Back's "HashCash" made all this possible in one way or another. They had dedicated their lives since at least 1993 to bring p2p anonymous digital currency to us.
http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2007/06/nanobarter.html?m=1
http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2005/12/bit-gold.html?m=1
http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2008/04/bit-gold-markets.html?m=1

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:00:07 PM

1. Gavin
2. theymos
3. sirius

Knowing: Having seem him in real life. I dont think none of them have seem then at all.
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:54:55 PM

I'll go on record as saying I never knew a face, nor additional identifying information, to associate with the 'Satoshi' name.

I think several people have strong suspicions of Satoshi's RL identity - but nobody has evidence, and that's the way the people with strong suspicions of Satoshi's RL identity like it.

Don't expect any help outing Satoshi from anybody who might actually have a reason to suspect a particular person.
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 05:59:42 PM

...and what do you think if karpeles is Satoshi ? Would it be a bad/shock news for you?

That would possibly kill bitcoin. Most of the people won;t be able to trust anything.

Bye the way who is he karpeles, and what he did, ? can any one tell me ?

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Cryddit
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 06:38:03 PM

Mark Karpeles stole about a half-billion dollars worth of Bitcoin by fucking over the people who, rather than keeping their own keys, allowed an online exchange to hold their bitcoins for them.  He's in court in Japan now, standing trial for securities fraud.  When that trial is over, both France and the US are trying to extradite him to stand trial on charges in those countries.  It turned out his online exchange leaked like a damn sieve - either into his own pockets, or as he claims into the pockets of other crooks.  Whether he personally collected the money or not though, he IS definitely a crook.  He kept right on operating the exchange fully knowing they didn't have enough coin to pay out to their traders, and knowing that more of their coin was disappearing every day.

Moral of the story:  If you want to keep your bitcoins, don't leave them sitting in an online exchange or wallet.  Some of these clowns think "fractional reserve" is an acceptable policy for a currency which is forced by protocol to remain finite.  Or, you know, they just want to steal your money.

Cryddit.

irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 07:01:46 PM

Mark Karpeles stole about a half-billion dollars worth of Bitcoin by fucking over the people who, rather than keeping their own keys, allowed an online exchange to hold their bitcoins for them.  He's in court in Japan now, standing trial for securities fraud.  When that trial is over, both France and the US are trying to extradite him to stand trial on charges in those countries.  It turned out his online exchange leaked like a damn sieve - either into his own pockets, or as he claims into the pockets of other crooks.  Whether he personally collected the money or not though, he IS definitely a crook.  He kept right on operating the exchange fully knowing they didn't have enough coin to pay out to their traders, and knowing that more of their coin was disappearing every day.

Moral of the story:  If you want to keep your bitcoins, don't leave them sitting in an online exchange or wallet.  Some of these clowns think "fractional reserve" is an acceptable policy for a currency which is forced by protocol to remain finite.  Or, you know, they just want to steal your money.

Cryddit.

Thanks dear for giving your time and letting me know about Mark Karpeles .

appreciated

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:26:22 PM

mtgox cofounder and CEO
Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:54:36 PM

I'll go on record as saying I never knew a face, nor additional identifying information, to associate with the 'Satoshi' name.

I think several people have strong suspicions of Satoshi's RL identity - but nobody has evidence, and that's the way the people with strong suspicions of Satoshi's RL identity like it.

Don't expect any help outing Satoshi from anybody who might actually have a reason to suspect a particular person.

1) Thanks for the info. You seem like a "straight shooter" so Ive always reguarded your posts as being honest.

2) I agree that the person some of us suspect did not leave enough hard evidence that could result with his "true name".

3) I don't ask those original guys(especially the ones first contacted by Satoshi) about this stuff anymore because their responses are all scripted. I can put their emails side by side and they say the same thing "word for word" *exactly* copy and paste style. Those guys are obviously part of the mystery. I won't show those emails here because they are personal emails and not public record like the ones we normally post.

Note: Sorry for quoting you in a lot of my posts, but as I stated you always seem to be straightforward and honest.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
JohnLennon

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 10:08:32 PM

2. theymos
lolwut?
TrianglePythagoras

Activity: 274

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:09:02 PM

2. theymos
lolwut?

I'd agree with that. The Forum moderators/admins here have a higher chance of being him
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:34:23 PM

It would be interesting to do a study of people who have never asked who Satoshi was. It's a burning curiosity in anyone who loves bitcoin, except maybe those who actually know him.
noma

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:36:18 PM

It would be interesting to do a study of people who have never asked who Satoshi was. It's a burning curiosity in anyone who loves bitcoin, except maybe those who actually know him.

Most of the people who know bitcoin, think that satoshi was some famous developer involved with bitcoin, like Gavin. But its hard to be confident with that.
He could always be on the side just lurking and watching the developments happening.

▓▓▓▓    New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange             → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓    Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
ForexTE

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:38:24 PM

If I say I know Satoshi Nakamoto or that I knew him; what would you need from me?

Be grateful for what you got from him than trying to figure out who knows him or knew him or trying to figure out who he is or was. If he wanted you to know him he would have. He didn't. So? Accept him and his friends/coworkers as they are and move on. Life is about moving on (among other things) than trying to find someone who knew the person behind Bitcoin.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:35:03 PM

I wonder if Satoshi's family even know that Satoshi is Satoshi the Bitcoin creator. Probably no one knows IRL.
Cryddit
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 07:01:10 PM

It's because the people who interacted with Satoshi were and are aware that Satoshi is not a "who".

Asking who Satoshi is, is like asking which color is smallest or whether a rope's heartbeat is stable.  It doesn't even make any sense. 

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: