Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:50:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Request Removal of Canaryinthemine From The Default Trust List  (Read 2950 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:23:42 PM

I have never done business with CITM, certainly not 1,000BTC worth

yet another blatant act of abuse of the default trust system or the trust system in general. This is far from this users first offense of using bad judgment, and is most likely far from his last.

Theymos, at the very least if you are not going to modify the way the default trust system works or get rid of it all together, then you are at the very least responsible for moderating its participants and protecting its integrity. If this behavior is allowed to continue your forum is going to get run into the ground.

Use of fake value amounts has been grounds for removal of users in the past. i would like to believe that you are a fair and non biased admin who does not play favorites.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2346

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:48:03 PM

You want theymos to moderate the trust system? LOL.

The reason fake amounts of Bitcoin were used was far from the reason others have been removed from the default trust network. They were removed for abusing their "power" of being in the default trust network.

CITM needs to prune his trust list to include less people with zero experience detecting scams. However he should not be removed because he gave feedback to someone who he thinks is a scammer.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:52:31 PM

The reason fake amounts of Bitcoin were used was far from the reason others have been removed from the default trust network. They were removed for abusing their "power" of being in the default trust network.

CITM needs to prune his trust list to include less people with zero experience detecting scams. However he should not be removed because he gave feedback to someone who he thinks is a scammer.

Your right, he should be removed for leaving a false amount on feedback for a transaction that never happened which is an abuse of power. But you'll never see that as you stand to lose rating on some of your alts if that happens. Thanks for your 2 satoshis, but you have already lost all credibility in my book. This is theymos's decision. He can either fix the system, moderate the system, or remove the system. or continue to be bombarded by requests and garbage every time someone in a position of power abuses it. If not just on principal alone, it behooves him to fix the problem to avoid his own frustration and wasted time.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 09:01:03 PM

CITM has also repeatedly failed to remove trust abusers from his trust list.
The most recent example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=935984.msg10366822#msg10366822
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2346

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:16:33 PM

Your right, he should be removed for leaving a false amount on feedback for a transaction that never happened which is an abuse of power. But you'll never see that as you stand to lose rating on some of your alts if that happens. Thanks for your 2 satoshis, but you have already lost all credibility in my book. This is theymos's decision. He can either fix the system, moderate the system, or remove the system. or continue to be bombarded by requests and garbage every time someone in a position of power abuses it. If not just on principal alone, it behooves him to fix the problem to avoid his own frustration and wasted time.
You think that I have lost my credibility because my opinion is different then yours? Saying things like that is a very quick way to lose credibility yourself.

You do not know anything about any of my alts and none of them have trust from anyone on CITMs trust list.

There is no reason why you cannot leave trust if you have not done a transaction with someone. The trust system is actually designed so that people on default trust network mainly give trust to people they have not done business with as they should be able to spot scams and leave the appropriate trust feedback. The 1,000 Btc risked amount is only a technicality and is a distraction to the conversation.

Theymos does not think the forum belongs to him. His belief is that it belongs to the community and as a result he seeks the input of the community prior to making most decisions.
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:46:20 PM

I would like to petition for a survivor style voting system  .... where when an annoying member of the tribe cries about the trust system not working for their own scam and scammer buddies.... the rest of the tribe can vote them off of the island....so the tribe  can get on with their activities....
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2120

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:03:08 PM

Request removal of default trust list. Seriously, when will we get rid of it?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 10:32:34 PM

If it is used the right way it works fine. When people abuse it they should be punished. I think public disputes are the way to go.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:39:43 PM

If it is used the right way it works fine. When people abuse it they should be punished. I think public disputes are the way to go.

+1

If it is used the right way

SpanishSoldier

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:28:07 PM

CanaryInTheMine is time & again doing it in the wrong way. If not removed from DefaultTrust, at least he should be demoted to level 2. His choices are too bad and it has also been discussed time & again. I'd rather expect people like joehoe, DannyHammilton or Death&Taxes be added to DefaultTrust, who are actually respected by the community and does not fight to hold their seat.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:42:27 PM

CanaryInTheMine is time & again doing it in the wrong way. If not removed from DefaultTrust, at least he should be demoted to level 2. His choices are too bad and it has also been discussed time & again. I'd rather expect people like joehoe, DannyHammilton or Death&Taxes be added to DefaultTrust, who are actually respected by the community and does not fight to hold their seat.

Another +1. Very well put. I dont know joehoe, but i agree totally about danny and deathandtaxes

ACCTseller

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:58:50 PM

Another +1. Very well put. I dont know joehoe, but i agree totally about danny and deathandtaxes
No offense buddy, but from the looks of it, you have the knowledge about the forum that vastly exceeds that of someone who has only been here a few months. This is especially true considering that you recently were posting multiple threads in the reputation section that happens to be against the rules.

Are you sure that someone didn't buy your account from you? Maybe someone with a ulterior motive? Your writing style does seem to have changed.
BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:31:50 AM

No offense buddy, but from the looks of it, you have the knowledge about the forum that vastly exceeds that of someone who has only been here a few months. This is especially true considering that you recently were posting multiple threads in the reputation section that happens to be against the rules.

Are you sure that someone didn't buy your account from you? Maybe someone with a ulterior motive? Your writing style does seem to have changed.

Haven't you heard .... Woodcollector went from not knowing what a bitcoin was 2 months ago to leading the New Forum Revolution so he can be the head scammer..

So why bother with the current system when you have your own waiting .......

The “default trust” system is a failed concept and does more damage to this forum than good.

I'm new here, only a few months into bitcoin. In that few short months I have learned a lot about the bitcoin ecosystem, its strengths and its weaknesses. Bitcoin as a technology is a great thing, it truly has the power to change the future of finance in ways that have not even been publicly discussed yet, but bitcoin as a currency and a community is becoming a plague that is forever stunting the growth of Bitcoin among merchants and companies. Like it or not, the community is a large part of the bitcoin ecosystem.

The easy solution to this problem is simple. Dont use Bitcointalk.org or /r/bitcoin if your  involved in the bitcoin ecosystem. That's all good and well if you have been involved in bitcoin long enough to know what you need to know and you are simply choosing to participate in discussion and know the other places and websites to get the info you might want in the future. But for those who are not technology savvy, merchants who want to explore alternatives to credit cards or standard merchant processing options, well... They are stuck with this forum. Not because this forum is such a great place to find out information any more, not because this forum is the backbone of the bitcoin community, No, its because of search engines. Take a few seconds, open a new browser tab, go to google, bing, yahoo, you name it. Then search for ___________ Bitcoin. You can fill in the blank. Almost 80% of the time over half of the search results on that first page are links to something on bitcointalk.org and that's a huge problem.

I have spent many, many hours diving into this forum, threads from 4 years ago and threads from today. This forum at one time appears to have been one of the greatest resources for Bitcoin knowledge on the web. As of late, it has become nothing more than one giant elementary school playground. The worst part is for those of you whom are visual people and analytical thinkers, If you take the bitcoin price for the past 6 months, and the amount of quality vs. useless posts on every given day on this forum and graph them, you will see that as the quality of content and discussion decrease on this forum, so too does the value of your precious bitcoin. Long time contributors and Bitcoin veterans are leaving, merchants who come to find out information about the community they would be catering to are choosing to overlook bitcoin as a payment option for lack of wanting to deal with the mentality of what is portrayed as the average bitcoin user, and the only people left in the community are either really thick skinned, or here to satisfy their need for attention most likely as a result of a personality disorder called Histrionic personality disorder  or HPD for short. It is a very common disease to find among people in video game communities or large social media sites such as BCT.org.

This history of not just this forum but documented history of the internet over the past few years is exactly why a “default trust” system is not just a bad, but a horrible idea for ANY social gathering site online today. The default trust system as implemented on this forum, turns this from an online knowledge base and place for discussion, into a video game. There is now a prize that can be achieved for trust farming, use of your skills at manipulating a situation via shills, and alternate accounts, and more easily a reward if you transact with or can get escrow set up with a few people on this forum like Canary In The Mine. Because of this default trust system, this once great knowledge base has become the breeding ground for virtual popularity contests and gaming which would be all good and well if it was not for the fact that as far as search engines have indexed, this is still suppose to be the one stop shop for people interested in learning about bitcoin.

I will use my own experience over these past few months as an example. Not to further the debate and thousands of useless posts that have already been spilled into the database which is Bitcointalk.org, but as an outline that I am sure dozens of you can relate to. (although it will anger and probably cause another 20+ pages of useless posts by those who suffer from HPD on this forum)

It was November of last year, I received a gift from a family member. A paper wallet with 10BTC loaded onto it. I was told to spend it on something. It was his attempt at trying to get me to learn about how bitcoin works. Me being me, a woodworker and and artist (contrary to the speculation of the HPD's on this forum) my first and only thought was, “we'll i'll see if bitcoin can buy me some wood for my warehouse”, and so came my account on this forum, and my very first post here [WTB] Exotic woods from around the world with Bitcoin on November 5th 2014. Long story short, within 1 day all 10 bitcoin was gone and I had a lot of new wood on its way to one of my warehouses. Until that day, I obtained wood via brokers and wholesalers. It is expensive and inconvenient as firstly you have to pay the middle man who probably has a few middle men himself, you pretty much had to pay shipping 3 or 4 times as you know they are charging you for the shipping and customs fees from the country of origin, shipping from customs to the mill where the cants are cut, then shipping to their warehouse and finally shipping to me the end user. On that day back in November I realized I could literally save millions of dollars this year re-stocking my warehouses by buying the wood direct using bitcoin. So.... I did. I was buying bitcoin like a mad man, talking with people all over the world, turning that bitcoin into wood via this very forum. People in borderline 3rd world countries were making thousands of dollars which to them might as well be a million just by chopping down that tree in their back yard and having it shipped to me. By the end of December millions of dollars worth of bitcoin had been bought, sent, and spent. Just as bitcoin was intended to be used. Along the way, I had dozens of people contacting me to make them things out of wood related to bitcoin. It was neat and all, but not really why I was here, I did it more so as a way to say thanks and give back to the community that was saving me a fortune by using bitcoin. Because of this, I quickly got a bullseye painted on my back and it was all in part due to the default trust system and the gamers with HPD on the forum. Within 1 week there was over 500 posts which when you look at them are nothing more than the same crowd of guys gaming for virtual popularity, a feud that still carries on today.

Why? The default trust system. It's a video game. Almost by definition its a MMORPG. I cant and dont have the desire to count the number of times battles have been waged over this “virtual points system”. Now, just from my own hired hit (the 1,000+ posts for nothingness) there is yet another debate currently 10 pages long about having the instigator Nubbins removed from the default trust list. Do I agree that he should be removed from that list? Absolutely, Peoples opinions should not be allowed to be weighted as fact as a result of them doing business with someone like CITM in the past. Not just Nubbins, there are dozens and dozens of people on this forum who you can tell after just a few short minutes of browsing through their post history and sent feedback are clearly doing nothing more here than playing the game. Like farmville on Facebook but with trust points. The truth is, removing Nubbins from the default trust list only puts an end to a single gamer here and does not solve the problem. Sure, it would solve my problem, although most of the people he convinced to leave me negative feedback have already removed it and I went from a -618 rating to a -4 he is still one of those 4 that leave me @ -4. But it does not solve the bitcoin problem, it does not fix the problem that this forum has turned into an MMORPG where trust rating and feedback is a game, and the people or gamers who are playing it all carry around a false flag of “scam buster” a job once left to the people who had proven they could handle the responsibility like Tomatocage.  

In summary, the default trust system has turned a once great online knowledge base for all things bitcoin into an MMORPG where feedback is the currency and default trust is the way to game the system. People are entitled to their opinion, I am not against that in any way, but putting a system in place where someones opinion can be weighted because they have done business with a few people on a very short list makes this a game and a perfect place for sufferers of HPD to come to get the gratification they so desperately need like a drug. In case you have missed it, this forum now has more alt's than actual users. The actual users who use to make this place great have left as a result of this online gaming mentality and went to their own, private, invitation only discussion boards, and as a result the information that use to make bitcoin valuable is now being shared and hidden on private sites which hurts bitcoins growth as this forum is all that new comers are exposed to when they are thinking about giving bitcoin a try.

Theymos has already made his millions from this forum, the only thing left for him to do is run away with them like everyone else. He no longer has to care about this forum, it would take less than $1,000 a month to keep this forum online 24/7/365 and he cant even spend the money for a mirror and take 5 minutes to edit the DNS server list to include it in the event that the main server goes down. You really think that he is just going to willingly take the time out of his day to step away from the trans gender sub reddit to address the problem that has arisen here? Not likely, not unless you, the respectable people of this forum petition him to do so. It wont be easy, we all know that what proceeds this original post will be hundreds if not thousands of posts by the HPD's and Gamers here to fight for their virtual popularity points that they have spent thousands of hours trying to game. But it is up to you, the ones who care about bitcoin, the ones who are here for knowledge and the sharing of information to take it upon yourself s to fight for change.

To close:

I would like to announce the beginning of the future of bitcoins community space. I have pledged along with the support of a handful of other community members $250,000usd towards the development of a new bitcoin community site of which development has started  as of February 2nd . Estimated time frame for completion is 6 months and we will be making beta testing announcements within 3 months. More details will follow in the coming weeks. We are NOT taking donations, and are NOT looking for more developers. Our project is fully funded and fully staffed. In the mean time, those of you who really care about BCT.org beyond just being here to game should put a little effort into getting the default trust system removed and restoring this forum to a knowledge base as it has been in the past as it will be the only way this forum will survive through the summer if it does not go offline completely after Theymos runs away with your money for the new platform you will most likely never see.

Let the gamers begin
 Roll Eyes

ACCTseller

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:37:09 AM

Haven't you heard .... Woodcollector went from not knowing what a bitcoin was 2 months ago to leading the New Forum Revolution so he can be the head scammer.
No I did see that, and that is what is so confusing. As it stands right now, there is no way he will be able to rebuild his reputation. Even if he were to prove beyond any doubt that he is in fact carving his art by hand and at the level of detail of his previous pieces no one would want to work with him because of his complete lack of maturity.

I do not see him gaining anything  by successfully being able to replace the trust system we currently have in place nor  by removing CanaryInTheMine (although he could come back and pull off some other scam in the future). This leads me to believe that someone purchased his account in order to push his goal of removing the trust system. There is one person in particular who has been particularly vocal about wanting this.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:37:42 AM

Haven't you heard .... Woodcollector went from not knowing what a bitcoin was 2 months ago to leading the New Forum Revolution so he can be the head scammer..

Kiss

I almost fell out of my chair when i read that. Absolutely hilarious. You kids will walk out on any limb put before you to try and argue your moot points. This thread is about CITM and his abuse of the trust system. Nothing to do with the overall abuse of the trust system that takes palce every day.

Keep going man, i might have to grab a bowl of popcorn myself this is getting better than the real world on MTV.

BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:48:56 AM

Kiss

I almost fell out of my chair when i read that. Absolutely hilarious. You kids will walk out on any limb put before you to try and argue your moot points. This thread is about CITM and his abuse of the trust system. Nothing to do with the overall abuse of the trust system that takes palce every day.

Keep going man, i might have to grab a bowl of popcorn myself this is getting better than the real world on MTV.

How can you carve a masterpiece wood carving and video tape it when your falling out of you lounge chair...... We are still waiting for the Video of the grand master woodcollector's fine detail work......

Every thread you Open ..no matter what the topic is..... It will always be about you trying to scam... So here I am ..... ..To catch you in the Act ....again.....  with more of your Bull Shit..... ... .. .
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:06:38 AM

How can you carve a masterpiece wood carving and video tape it when your falling out of you lounge chair...... We are still waiting for the Video of the grand master woodcollector's fine detail work......

Every thread you Open ..no matter what the topic is..... It will always be about you trying to scam... So here I am ..... ..To catch you in the Act ....again.....  with more of your Bull Shit..... ... .. .

It gets better with every post, never on topic and always like a 5 year old stomping their feet in a tantrum. More BG4 More !!!!!!

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 05:24:35 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2015, 07:19:56 AM by BadBear

I'd rather expect people like joehoe, DannyHammilton or Death&Taxes be added to DefaultTrust, who are actually respected by the community and does not fight to hold their seat.

Danny and Deathandtaxes only have DefaultTrust in their trust list, wouldn't be much point in adding them. It would just be a symbolic gesture.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 2646

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 06:57:59 AM

It's rare that people do abuse it, but usually when they do they get removed like your buddy tecshare so it can and does happen. Canary should remove the value in my opinion and if he doesn't maybe he will be removed.

You think that I have lost my credibility because my opinion is different then yours? Saying things like that is a very quick way to lose credibility yourself.

He's already lost any credibility he had so it isn't possible for him to lose any more.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:30:21 PM

What types of two words can we come up with to have an alternative meaning to WC?

Wet Chocolate

lol

OMG that is great, like a 5 year old on the playground. "no, your the doo doo head" AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA Smoothie your pathetic. You guys make this too easy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: