Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:24:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted  (Read 22082 times)
n4l3hp

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 09:55:48 AM

God help us, immature guys teaching kids a lesson.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 10:31:48 AM

Meanwhile: a 51% attack will drive up difficulty through the roof

Once BTCXpress is done proving his point we are stuck with a high difficulty

People will lose interest and it will take weeks to get difficulty back down

Take a look at what happened to NMC last year, as soon as it became profitable to mine vs BTC difficulty would skyrocket... leaving regular NMC miners with the aftermath

Took 10 weeks to get through the next block-cycle last 2016 blocks before merged mining....

Just saying....
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 10:36:57 AM

so now the arguments against ltc phase starts.

*dingg*

ROUND 2
The Koolio

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 10:39:26 AM

THREAT OF ATTACK WAS TO CAUSE PANIC AND PRICE CRASH, LEAVING CHEAP BUY ORDERS TO BE FILLED.

...and NOTHING more. He simply CAN NOT pull it off.

Bitlane +1

I think you hit it right on the spot there, I dont think he'd be able to pull it off now with network hash at what it is... it must have been an attempt to lower the price. I wouldnt be suprised if the recent attacks on pools was these guys though, seems that their shitty resources are only capable at bringing one or two sites down...

We need to bring in the btc/ltc police and give these guys the death sentence for talking absolute poo-poo.

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 10:45:22 AM

*YAWN*

Is this attack gonna start soon or not ?

I am getting really tired of generating all of these VALID Solo Mined Blocks......

Current Network Hash Rate - 267,721 KH/s ...AND GROWING.

Let's see a Bitcoin Miner 51% that...LMAO

( I will make it simply - Your 300 MH/s BTC Mining HD5830 will struggle to do 290 KH/s while LTC mining.....DO THE MATH )

700 EC2s that hash like DOG SHIT, add another 5000 GPUs (perhaps 2500x 5970s, since you are OLD school) and you MIGHT have a chance.
The GPU ec2 instance has two ~70kh/s GPUs and two ~25kh/s CPUs, for 190kh/s total.  The current LTC hashrate is 234Mh/s.  Assuming that BCX currently controls NONE of this power, about 1230 instances are needed, which costs between $2580/hr (on demand @ $2.10/hr ea) to $426/hr (spot instances @ $0.346/hr ea).  This is also assuming that BCX has no GPUs, which is false.  Under 400 7970s could 51% LTC.

An attack is certainly viable.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 11:23:52 AM

How about people blocking amazon ec2 traffic.

It's war after all.

Also for even a simple fork 120 confirmations are needed, double that and you are at 10 hours minimum, and that with 50% chance of success,
Litecoin

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 11:27:24 AM

*YAWN*

I am getting really tired of generating all of these VALID Solo Mined Blocks......

( I will make it simply - Your 300 MH/s BTC Mining HD5830 will struggle to do 290 KH/s while LTC mining.....DO THE MATH )

700 EC2s that hash like DOG SHIT, add another 5000 GPUs (perhaps 2500x 5970s, since you are OLD school) and you MIGHT have a chance.
The GPU ec2 instance has two ~70kh/s GPUs and two ~25kh/s CPUs, for 190kh/s total.  The current LTC hashrate is 234Mh/s.  Assuming that BCX currently controls NONE of this power, about 1230 instances are needed, which costs between $2580/hr (on demand @ $2.10/hr ea) to $426/hr (spot instances @ $0.346/hr ea).  This is also assuming that BCX has no GPUs, which is false.  Under 400 7970s could 51% LTC.

Unfortunately all this math is useless.  Under 400 7970s could 51% LTC? Don't think that the reaper and CgMiner are the most effective ones out there.
Less hardware is needed to attack than you think.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 11:32:04 AM

Unfortunately all this math is useless.  Under 400 7970s could 51% LTC? Don't think that the reaper and CgMiner are the most effective ones out there.

Conjecture presented as a fact.

Talk is cheap, show me the code.
-Linus Torvalds
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 11:49:43 AM

Pics or it didnt happen  Smiley

dust

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 11:51:22 AM

*YAWN*

I used pessimistic estimates as I was responding to a claim that a 51% was difficult and "700 EC2 instances ... add another 5000 GPUs ... and you MIGHT have a chance"

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Litecoin

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 12:03:21 PM

*YAWN*

I used pessimistic estimates as I was responding to a claim that a 51% was difficult and "700 EC2 instances ... add another 5000 GPUs ... and you MIGHT have a chance"

Of course he/she won't pull it off. LTC network is strong enough to say: "Screw you BitcoinEXpress!"
BCX you can sing about 400MH power but your sad song is not loud enough to make me dump a single Litecoin. I would rather find orphan blocks for the next 30 days than please you!
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 12:14:19 PM

So is this possible? And if so what will happen to the ltc block chain?
It is possible to fork the chain temporary with power from amazon EC2, that would cost alot of USD to do, and it could not be sustained for a long amount of time.

The practical response would be to roll back the block chain to before the fork, resulting in all transactions and block rewards to be negated which happened after/during the event.

That said I doubt it would be worth it even if there are enough funds.

Well it sounds pretty interesting, and even a bit impressive if one person can truly pull it off. I have no vested
interest in ltc and it would be a shame to see people lose out, but as an experiment I am genuinely intrigued.

Not one person, I'll have to coordinate a few things with others. Coordination is my strength as well as having some pretty deep resources myself.

~BCX~

i.e. luke-jr

i sent luke jr 1337 ltc to his personal wallet...

unrelated to this post but to this thread...  http://pastebin.com/dNRymrae

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 12:26:55 PM

@Coblee

This isn't personal at all but your fellow miners over at BTC-E are taking on some serious Solidcoin type attitudes.

The challenge has a been made and apparently support over there was with them on it, in making a challenge that I couldn't 51% LTC.

Nothing like that to give me reason to resurrect some serious GPU hashpower, build up some EC2's (keep in mind even Coinhunter verfied I had over 700 EC2's running at the SC2 launch), connect up with some botnetter friends and bring some BTC out of USB deep freeze for fees... LOL....

This is fair warning to all.

Challenge accepted.

~BCX~

Standard shorter tactics:

1. Badmouth the security
    2. Announce a major negative event for it
    3. Crash the price
    4. Buy a ton when it's worth nothing.

And y'all are swallowing the whole thing hook line and sinker.

yeah, i just bought everything up to .006 again. thanks for helping me get some coins!   Smiley

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Litecoin

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 12:29:03 PM

@Coblee

This isn't personal at all but your fellow miners over at BTC-E are taking on some serious Solidcoin type attitudes.

The challenge has a been made and apparently support over there was with them on it, in making a challenge that I couldn't 51% LTC.

Nothing like that to give me reason to resurrect some serious GPU hashpower, build up some EC2's (keep in mind even Coinhunter verfied I had over 700 EC2's running at the SC2 launch), connect up with some botnetter friends and bring some BTC out of USB deep freeze for fees... LOL....

Challenge accepted.

~BCX~

All I can say is...
The lack of attention disorder is related to autism. The disorder is common and creates problems for the community and BitcoinEXpress.
People like BCX with a lack of attention disorder are continuously restless and impulsive. You should go and find help.
When you ruin something that others have built, how does it make you feel? Proud? Like you achieved something?
Go and do something nice, decorate your house, have kids, have fun and be happy.
If you really think that you are doing the right thing. Then get a move on!
VelvetLeaf

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 12:45:31 PM

i sent luke jr 1337 ltc to his personal wallet...

unrelated to this post but to this thread...  http://pastebin.com/dNRymrae

Can I have 13.37 LTC as memorial of this major event ? Smiley

BTC : 1GN81dxzxyFPQsyAtdocXr5S9Mcg4wcfFG
LTC : LgmYvXsYXc4xdjsMKXJWqtagxVvioK6iaw
FC : 6dpSnKMtttUUYzaRu1EB7Lu18PBRVHU3V7
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 12:48:01 PM

@Coblee

Challenge accepted.

~BCX~

All I can say is...
The lack of attention disorder is related to autism. The disorder is common and creates problems for the community and BitcoinEXpress.
People like BCX with a lack of attention disorder are continuously restless and impulsive. You should go and find help.
When you ruin something that others have built, how does it make you feel? Proud? Like you achieved something?
Go and do something nice, decorate your house, have kids, have fun and be happy.
If you really think that you are doing the right thing. Then get a move on!

Having Austism is not an excuse to be an asshole  Smiley

BlackBison

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 02:28:42 PM

last chance to buy before we have ignition..

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 03:13:53 PM

51%ing is not a challenge. It's undermining the safety of the network. Cryptocurrencies have enough trouble catching on as it is, and here comes an asshole who has nothing better to do than to challenge to fuck it up. In cyrptocircles this is a serious crime. It's the ultimate crime. Scammer tag should be applied just for this statement.Of course I hope you fail and lose tons of money.

Not too familiar with my success rates on hitting alt chains are you?

I would be a scammer if I made a promise and didn't deliver, I will.

Sadly I actually protected LTC in the early days with a huge amount of hash power to fend off 51% attacks by the Solidcoin crew. Over the course of the last year I've bought a couple thousand BTC of LTC to bump it up ahead of SC and keep prices stable.

But hey, looks like the LTC community needs an attitude adjustment.

~BCX~

DO ITTTT!!!!! Mwhahahahaaa!
I think it would be Good For The World if his 51% attack succeds.
It will proove that it can happen to bitcoin, And it will proove that "I can kill all your monies"

Fwiw Im not aware of any 51% attack that Ever worked = all bark no bite

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Litecoin

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 03:20:39 PM

51%ing is not a challenge. It's undermining the safety of the network. Cryptocurrencies have enough trouble catching on as it is, and here comes an asshole who has nothing better to do than to challenge to fuck it up. In cyrptocircles this is a serious crime. It's the ultimate crime. Scammer tag should be applied just for this statement.Of course I hope you fail and lose tons of money.

Not too familiar with my success rates on hitting alt chains are you?

I would be a scammer if I made a promise and didn't deliver, I will.

Sadly I actually protected LTC in the early days with a huge amount of hash power to fend off 51% attacks by the Solidcoin crew. Over the course of the last year I've bought a couple thousand BTC of LTC to bump it up ahead of SC and keep prices stable.

But hey, looks like the LTC community needs an attitude adjustment.

~BCX~

DO ITTTT!!!!!

Yeah, do it! I hope you are not running away and coming back with all sorts of excuses.
Put your resources where your mouth is! Get it done!
The Koolio

Activity: 560

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 04:04:42 PM

Of course. It's a lot harder than it was when Litecoin first came out. But you just have to DDoS all the pools, which we know you are capable of. Then while people are down, you throw a few hundred EC2 instances and a few hundred GPUs at it to fork a chain.

The best defense we have is to solo mine or use p2pool. That way a DDoS won't take all the miners down and it would require more resources to try to outpace the main network.

@Bitlane

You know I can and I will.

@Coblee

I love how everyone else is more of an expert than you on LTC and just don't have the faith.

The timing of the attack will be as follows.

It will take me a couple of days to coordinate the herders, test DDoS defense and build that many EC2's.
Looking for this Friday or early Saturday.The attack will last for several days and after a couple of resets, I intend to drive the difficulty to all time highs, then simply quit. NMC hell all over again.

No coin that has been 51% attacked has ever recovered it confidence level.

~BCX~

whats wrong with u? are u lacking in selfconfidence... just shouting for attention... such a tit... ur momma shud be ashamed

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: