Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:59:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get PAID to buy bitcoins with cash (USA)  (Read 8315 times)
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:04:29 PM

I routinely sell 1000 BTC there at 2% below gox price.  check the depth, I've been there almost every day for the last 2 months.
So you are actually helping pirate to bring the price down?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:07:12 PM

I routinely sell 1000 BTC there at 2% below gox price.  check the depth, I've been there almost every day for the last 2 months.
He's avoiding mtgox, problem?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
aq

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:19:10 PM

While my previous statement was more a joke (see bitpays claim to trade against pirate), selling 2% below gox does in fact attract arbitrage traders (bots?). And arbitrage has several effects, first a lower gox price, and second this results in additional trades on gox, which ensures that gox stays the biggest exchange. If bit-pay would be selling for say 0.5% below gox, arbitrage would not be profitable, and some real buyers could buy those cheap coins.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:23:21 PM

While my previous statement was more a joke (see bitpays claim to trade against pirate), selling 2% below gox does in fact attract arbitrage traders (bots?). And arbitrage has several effects, first a lower gox price, and second this results in additional trades on gox, which ensures that gox stays the biggest exchange. If bit-pay would be selling for say 0.5% below gox, arbitrage would not be profitable, and some real buyers could buy those cheap coins.

True - however I start to wonder if the only reason there are any buyers in the first place is because arbitrage is profitable, and they wouldn't be there even if the price was consistently 0.5% lower than the gox. I wish more actual users would switch.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
aq

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:36:50 PM

True - however I start to wonder if the only reason there are any buyers in the first place is because arbitrage is profitable, and they wouldn't be there even if the price was consistently 0.5% lower than the gox. I wish more actual users would switch.
I think bitfloor has to add more funding option, they are way to limited right now. And BTW, this is the free market, when bitfloor ignores that people want to have more options, they simply don't deserve success.
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:39:04 PM

I think bitfloor has to add more funding option, they are way to limited right now. And BTW, this is the free market, when bitfloor ignores that people want to have more options, they simply don't deserve success.
Ahh the free market. Yep, that's why I don't trade there. How many Chase banks are there in the U.S.?
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 07:29:55 PM

Apparently there are a few states that have 0 Chase banks.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 07:35:23 PM

Like mine.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
ben-abuya

Activity: 323

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 07:40:09 PM

+1

http://lamassubtc.com/
Lamassu Bitcoin Ventures
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 09:04:45 PM

Like mine.

There is one approach that might be useful here:

Now offering cash deposits to [an account at Chase]"

The exchange rate offered through this service is relative to the BTC/USD market rate on Mt. Gox so even after the 2.5% fee, there is frequently an arbitrage opportunity involving cashing out bitcoins through this service, specifying Chase as where the proceeds should be deposited (into the BitFloor account) and then using those proceeds to buy bitcoins at the cheaper rate on BitFloor.  The transfers aren't immediate though so there is the risk of that arb opportunity being gone by the time the USD funds are credited at BitFloor.

But I wanted to share this in case it helps anyone.

Incidentally, the list of banks that this cash-out service will deposit cash into includes:

- Wells Fargo
 - Bank of America
 - Chase Bank
 - U.S. Bank
 - Northern Trust
 - Bank of the West
 - Great Western Bank
 - Washington Federal
 - BBVA Compass
 - Plus any bank or credit union local to Arizona

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

shtylman

Activity: 243

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:17:29 PM

We don't ignore that you want more funding options, we simply put our clients funds and our ability to protect those funds and access to those funds as a higher priority. What good are more funding options if you cannot ensure the safety of client funds or the ability to withdraw them in a timely manner?

We are looking into adding more banks for cash deposit for those without Chase branches, but we do not pursue any old funding option until we understand the risks it carries and how it can cause problems for client (your) funds. We do not define success as just being able to post a high trading number in a single day. We focus on long term growth and sustainability for the community and our clients.
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:43:45 AM

Any news on a possible ETA or other bank possibilities?

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Frankie

Activity: 206

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 05:13:37 PM

I don't think this is true anymore, if it ever was. If you follow the prices, Bitfloor is persistently 1.5-3% cheaper than Mt.Gox, almost certainly because of how long it takes to get money out of Mt.Gox. I don't know if this is arbitrage anymore--USD in exchanges with faster payment options just happens to be worth more than MtGoxUSD.

If anything, I think this points to continuing MtGox erosion unless they can get their payment problems fixed. No newbie wants to pay more for bitcoins.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 06:12:42 PM

I would love to do arbitrage between BF and MTGox.  I find the BF consistently has cheaper coins than Gox.  The trouble is getting $$ out of Gox and back into BF.  I have no intention of 'verifying' my MtGox account so I believe its not just trouble, but impossible for me to get $$ out of Gox.  At the same time its hard to justify selling BTC on BF when I could sell them on Gox for 1-5% more...
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 06:26:49 PM

I would love to do arbitrage between BF and MTGox.  I find the BF consistently has cheaper coins than Gox.  The trouble is getting $$ out of Gox and back into BF.  I have no intention of 'verifying' my MtGox account so I believe its not just trouble, but impossible for me to get $$ out of Gox.  At the same time its hard to justify selling BTC on BF when I could sell them on Gox for 1-5% more...
Deposit USD into BF, sell BTC on GOX.

But if you are not going to get verified on GOX than your arbitrage future is dim anyway Wink

SkRRJyTC
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 09:43:53 PM

But if you are not going to get verified on GOX than your arbitrage future is dim anyway Wink

and what would I do with a bunch of Gox dollars?
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 09:48:32 PM

If you want to arbitrage then you by low and sell high...
That means purchasing bitcoin @ BF (using dollars)
Then selling @ GOX
Then taking GOXUSD and transferring to the exchange with the lowest rates (currently BF) to rise,repeat.

SkRRJyTC
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 10:15:42 PM

I would love to do arbitrage between BF and MTGox.  I find the BF consistently has cheaper coins than Gox.  The trouble is getting $$ out of Gox and back into BF.  I have no intention of 'verifying' my MtGox account so I believe its not just trouble, but impossible for me to get $$ out of Gox.  At the same time its hard to justify selling BTC on BF when I could sell them on Gox for 1-5% more...

Then taking GOXUSD and transferring to the exchange with the lowest rates (currently BF) to rise,repeat.

That part is impossible.
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 01:54:13 PM

Just got this in an email from BF (it was bulk so it should be going out to everyone):
Cash deposits are a very popular, fast, and free way to credit your Bitfloor account and buy bitcoins. To that end, I am pleased to announce the availability of WellsFargo branches as another cash deposit location. You can now use any Chase or WellsFargo branches to make your cash deposits quicker than ever and completely free of charge! More details are available on the deposit page under your account.
Wooo Hoo!!!

I know how I am getting my BTC from now on....

I had been using WF for TrustCash/Bitinstant anyway.... no I can actually play with the big boys Smiley

EnergyVampire

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:14:08 PM

Chase & Wells Fargo? very nice!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: