Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:13:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted  (Read 14517 times)
Litecoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 07:47:22 AM

It seems like most you don't even understand how she is going to attack.  51% here, 51% there.
When the pools go down, the story will change.
Looking forward to it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 07:51:38 AM

It seems like most you don't even understand how she is going to attack.  51% here, 51% there.
When the pools go down, the story will change.
Looking forward to it.
Yes the second chain wont touch the network so the hashing power wont be shown.

kmsalex

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

Learn as you go...

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 08:21:51 AM

Well, go for it.  But fork it knowing that this is helping me pay rent.  Go ahead.  Do it cause you can. 

Thanks, appreciate the encouragement and support!

I don't understand other humans^^
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 08:30:33 AM

The time line has been explained, but check this out.

http://pool-x.eu/net

Yup. Looking at a bunch of SOLO MINERS (myself included)......what's your fucking point, RETARD ?

If that makes you feel better....
Have you forgotten how a 51% attack works, or are you just trying to make some LTC holders panic?

Just a demonstration for the non believers. Trust me I have 51% down  Wink

Its a demonstration of nothing.

passerby

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:46:48 AM

I say BTCEX is fakin'

Just sayin'
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 12:39:57 PM

You have me looking at a Network Hash Rate Distro Chart and seem to be trying to WORRY users, by silently taking claim of the current UNKNOWN 61% of the Network ?

You don't stand a chance. Sorry....and NONE of that hash power is you.

With the power of Jesus and Doosh-jr's cock inside of you from behind, you still couldn't pull it off, regardless of the 'donations' that you were 'accepting'...LMAO

Is everyone BEHIND YOU for this ? are they really ?....IN BEHIND YOU ?

What bothers me most about you, all politics aside, is the fact that I don't think you would even have the common courtesy to offer any of them a reach-around when all was said and done.

While I applaud the effort in crafting a good attack post... I would like to point out the awkward physical impossibility of the receiver in this description providing a "reach-around"! The reach-around is best served up by the driver at the rear, availing themselves of the unused cock left unserviced while the penetration is happening.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 12:41:39 PM

You have me looking at a Network Hash Rate Distro Chart and seem to be trying to WORRY users, by silently taking claim of the current UNKNOWN 61% of the Network ?

You don't stand a chance. Sorry....and NONE of that hash power is you.

With the power of Jesus and Doosh-jr's cock inside of you from behind, you still couldn't pull it off, regardless of the 'donations' that you were 'accepting'...LMAO

Is everyone BEHIND YOU for this ? are they really ?....IN BEHIND YOU ?

What bothers me most about you, all politics aside, is the fact that I don't think you would even have the common courtesy to offer any of them a reach-around when all was said and done.

While I applaud the effort in crafting a good attack post... I would like to point out the awkward physical impossibility of the receiver in this description providing a "reach-around"! The reach-around is best served up by the driver at the rear, availing themselves of the unused cock left unserviced while the penetration is happening.

...or they might just appreciate a finger in the ass ?

film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 12:46:05 PM

I will start the second fork in about 11 hours 45 minutes beginning at 11:59am GMT.

For those that don't truly under stand 51% attacks Coblee the creator of LTC explained it below.

I think most people don't understand a 51% attack. His fork will be mined in secret. So his EC2 instances and botnets and gpus will not be talking to any machine on the main network during the duration of the attack. Only when he is releasing the longer chain, would one of his machine need to announce the chain to everyone. So during the attack, you will not notice anything like an increase in hashrate.

You have until I start my new fork to to sell, transfer, move or buy and remain on the original fork. After I start the second fork I will run it for three days. Then I suspect all pools will be hit on Friday sometime dropping the hashrate so I can over take the original chain and force all nodes onto my new chain. All transactions conducted on the original chain after I start my second chain in 12 hours will simply not exist when I deploy the larger forked chain. That includes buys, sells and moves and yes this includes transactions to exchanges.

So you have about 12 hours to do what you want, so get busy.

I would highly suggest LTC Dev to implement a current lock in ASAP.

Hey at least i'm giving you warning.

Grin Grin Grin

~BCX~

BCX,I'm curious to know what do you hope to achieve by doing this 51% attack against LTC? To encourage the dev to improve security? Or for other reasons? Can users still mine like before on this 'new' chain of yours? or will the landscape change completely?

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
BlackBison

Activity: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 12:50:07 PM

BCX,I'm curious to know what do you hope to achieve by doing this 51% attack against LTC? To encourage the dev to improve security? Or for other reasons? Can users still mine like before on this 'new' chain of yours? or will the landscape change completely?

Nothing changes except all transactions that occurred between the point his attack chain started and when his longer chain is released to the network may be reversed/altered/double spent. From then on the new chain will be mined on by everyone as normal.

HauntingShade

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 12:55:25 PM

Nothing to see here! Move along!
tatsuchan

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 12:58:38 PM

I will start the second fork in about 11 hours 45 minutes beginning at 11:59am GMT.

For those that don't truly under stand 51% attacks Coblee the creator of LTC explained it below.

I think most people don't understand a 51% attack. His fork will be mined in secret. So his EC2 instances and botnets and gpus will not be talking to any machine on the main network during the duration of the attack. Only when he is releasing the longer chain, would one of his machine need to announce the chain to everyone. So during the attack, you will not notice anything like an increase in hashrate.

You have until I start my new fork to to sell, transfer, move or buy and remain on the original fork. After I start the second fork I will run it for three days. Then I suspect all pools will be hit on Friday sometime dropping the hashrate so I can over take the original chain and force all nodes onto my new chain. All transactions conducted on the original chain after I start my second chain in 12 hours will simply not exist when I deploy the larger forked chain. That includes buys, sells and moves and yes this includes transactions to exchanges.

So you have about 12 hours to do what you want, so get busy.

I would highly suggest LTC Dev to implement a current lock in ASAP.

Hey at least i'm giving you warning.

Grin Grin Grin

~BCX~

Some fat fugly got called on by someone else for having an abortion.  Everyone gets riled, a lot of people seem in on it, and suddenly prices drop and go up consistently making people earn modest profits for destroying confidence and months of peoples' work.

It doesn't make sense to give a warning.
The details have changed several times just in this forum.
Litecoin is doing very well/healthy in network speed.  It would be costly/difficult.
DDoS'ing websites is illegal.  Why risk legal trouble over forum disputes?

Non of this makes sense unless you think, how could I make money on a Litecoin market that previously only went up and down by .0001 daily?  Hope you idiots enjoy the few hundred dollars you might get out of this.  If you would have put that effort towards promoting Litecoin, your shares might have gotten more value that way.  
Rothgar

Activity: 374

Tune in to Neocash Radio

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 12:59:18 PM

Wow, the price has been going up since BCX made this announcement.  Talk about falling flat on your face.  

Visit http://neocashradio.com for the premier weekly bitcoin podcast.
Follow neocashradio on twitter.  https://twitter.com/NeocashRadio
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 01:18:56 PM

I bet someone could really make some good cash selling tin foil hats for Litecoins right about now...

But in all seriousness, just don't move any litecoins around for a few days and this whole thing should hardly effect you if it does happen.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 01:37:20 PM

BCX once threatened to take down sc but has failed at that threat which I bet really pisses them off.

Really?  Is sc still going?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 01:41:53 PM

But in all seriousness, just don't move any litecoins around for a few days and this whole thing should hardly effect you if it does happen.

Smart advice Vorksholk Smiley
I'll keep hold of my LTC then so this won't really affect me.

Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 01:46:49 PM

Wow, the price has been going up since BCX made this announcement.  Talk about falling flat on your face.  
That makes sense. If you think BCX will succeed and are immoral, then the way to profit at the exchange's expense is transfer a lot of LTC in to an exchange and sell them for BTC during the fork.

If the attack is successful then the LTC deposit is rolled back and you can sell them again. Assuming there is somebody still willing to buy them.

In any case, lots of buying before the attack then lots of selling while the fork is being created is the pattern I would expect to see. Of course, that is the same pattern as a plain pump-and-dump scheme...

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:01:36 PM

Wow, the price has been going up since BCX made this announcement.  Talk about falling flat on your face. 
That makes sense. If you think BCX will succeed and are immoral, then the way to profit at the exchange's expense is transfer a lot of LTC in to an exchange and sell them for BTC during the fork.

If the attack is successful then the LTC deposit is rolled back and you can sell them again. Assuming there is somebody still willing to buy them.

In any case, lots of buying before the attack then lots of selling while the fork is being created is the pattern I would expect to see. Of course, that is the same pattern as a plain pump-and-dump scheme...

I can't imagine that BTC-E isn't already thinking hard about this question right now. I'm sure they aren't willing to leave themselves holding imaginary coins.

more or less retired.
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:30:18 PM

This guy is a schmuck and anyone who takes his threats without proof seriously can join him under that banner.

He can DoS some sites? Big deal. That promotes him from anonymous coward to script kiddie.

People need to calm down, solo mine or join a private pool to keep the LTC network healthy.

That being said, for those who are worried still, I'm selling DoS Proof 51% Preventer Tin-Foil Hats for 100LTC. PM me if interested. Wink
heinz

Activity: 172

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:31:23 PM

Real question is, why hasn't the exchange halted trading then if they stand to lose?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:33:52 PM

Wow, the price has been going up since BCX made this announcement.  Talk about falling flat on your face. 

Real question is, why hasn't the exchange halted trading then if they stand to lose?

They still might.

more or less retired.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: