Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:33:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SAD] I delete your account  (Read 6006 times)
DropsOfJupiter

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 05:52:04 AM

Guys, I think we need to ask her 'why can't we do it ourselves' a few more times.

Yeah, why cant we do it ourselves?
I don't get it.....

You can do it by yourself; however, some people may want to externalize the task to others and OP said he/she can do it for the prices listed in the first post.
Everybody is free to make a free choice.

I think they are just trolling or at least mocking those asking the question repeatedly.

Who, me?
Perish the thought! I'm more serious that a limestone boulder.
In fact, I'm so serious, they've inserted my picture under the definition of serious in Oxford's dictionary.

The most amazing graphic designer in the universe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:19:33 AM

Everyone's posts are still saved as backups by the administrators Wink
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:32:12 AM

-snip-
I'm guessing by "nuke", he's referring to what I described - i.e. deletion of all posts as well as the account.

Yes, mods have a nuke button. I would not want to delete posts that are related to scams though, so a bot is not an option.

A bot could selectively leave out posts in the scam accusations subforum. You do have a point that discussions outside of that forum which still pertain to scams would be deleted by a bot, since there would be no way of differentiating between those posts with others.

Everyone's posts are still saved as backups by the administrators Wink

Hmm... You're right. Didn't realize that:

Yep, theymos can. He can see deleted posts and edits as well.

Yes, but only admins, not moderators. They can see all edits and deletions and all history.

If both sender and recipient of a PM deletes it, then it's deleted from the database completely and I can't access it except through the daily database backups. (This is a massive pain, so don't expect me to do it for you...)

Deleted/edited posts are always saved forever.

Surprised to see they even retain all edits. Seems like that would make the database excessively large.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:17:55 PM

I do see people ask about deleting their accounts occasionally in the meta section. Seems pointless. If you are done here walk away and let your posts fade into necro- obscurity. In fact, when asked why they would want to delete, I cannot recall even one having a good answer. Makes me think something is up (get someone's account erased=ruin their sig earnings? Just wipe their account to mess with them?)
Anyway, good for you for seeing an opportunity and fulfilling a need in the market. Let us know if you get any takers.
Neonecrox13

Activity: 112

SAD - no longer active

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:31:44 PM

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Shorena Neonecrox13 5/13/2015 Account Deletion
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1FiJJy2C22A4KhfQaU68yVa3DdsoCWQ9SV
G1Uc/C9/tG2c/VqIbRnz2NspXkIfXKvopqW93g4SqohHJYnWC0PpSyleik8+lhkWzDXw1LTcMZh1raI7wlkUx5I=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 05:33:16 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 06:58:33 PM by shorena

Code:
G1Uc/C9/tG2c/VqIbRnz2NspXkIfXKvopqW93g4SqohHJYnWC0PpSyleik8+lhkWzDXw1LTcMZh1raI7wlkUx5I=

confirmed, passwords will be deleted Jun 10th 2015.

payment pending received

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:34:43 AM

Code:

payment pending received

Thank you very much Shorena. Smiley
DropsOfJupiter

Activity: 113

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 05:34:39 PM

Code:

payment pending received

Thank you very much Shorena. Smiley

Ooh, second customer.

The most amazing graphic designer in the universe
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 09:09:16 AM

UPDATE

I will no longer create mail addresses for the accounts. There are several reasons for that. Firstly I recently ran into problems generating a mail address with a freemail provider. They asked for additional information to verify that I am a real person which I am not willing to disclose. This is only an inconvenience for me and would not result in a change of the service. A friend however made me aware that the mail address is also a possible attack vector. The chance that someone would guess the correct mail address is very slim, but it exists. I decided to change the mail address to <username>@bitcointalk.org which reduces this possible attack completely. It would still be possible for the owner of this board to restore the account as they have access to the mail, but that is possible already and thus introduces no new issues.

shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:04:48 PM

Service temporarily suspended, will honor existing contracts.

Locking thread.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: