Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:34:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkcoin and InstantX - What can you say?  (Read 5179 times)
altcoinlady (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Imagine Me and You

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 12:17:29 PM

Darkcoin’s InstantX Released, Price Continues To Soar

This might be the reason why Darkcoin is presently reigning the altcoin world.

Anyone here who is using Darkcoin and InstantX?

Share your experience here.

GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 12:23:02 PM

Darkcoin pump thread
GTO911

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 12:40:37 PM

See where instant transactions get you.  Welcome to the instamined, premined, scam club.    

#2 Ripple
#4 BitShares
#5 Darkcoin

there, fixed it for you
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 12:50:25 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 08:47:09 PM by mprep

DARKCOIN IS A SCAM, 40% MINED IN THE FIRST 24 HOURS

[mod note: edited out annoying formatting]
GTO911

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:21:03 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 08:46:20 PM by mprep

DARKCOIN IS A SCAM, 40% MINED IN THE FIRST 24 HOURS

This is a Fact, Do your Homework Before Investing
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:28:40 PM

The price raised a lot and I think it will stay a while around the 140-160, after a new techonology it will raise any further.
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:00:54 PM

darkcoin's premine will always be a ghost to its success
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 06:34:32 PM

Bitcoin has instant transactions.

Every time I bought something with bitcoin I never had to wait for confirmations.

People who think others will try to double spend for a shitty little transaction should get their heads examined, even for big transactions it's just not worth it.

Also RIP to people buying DRK now.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:37:28 PM

Bitcoin has instant transactions.

Every time I bought something with bitcoin I never had to wait for confirmations.

People who think others will try to double spend for a shitty little transaction should get their heads examined, even for big transactions it's just not worth it.

Also RIP to people buying DRK now.

Yup, biggest rape pump going right now.

Go ahead, open it, there's DRK inside.

celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:53:30 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 07:11:11 PM by celestio

Darkcoin uses PieceProof of Stake(It's masternodes are PoS, with highly distorted incetives(Masternodes stupidly get paid for doing unncessary tasks)), coupled with an instamined PoW, enough said. It's not a good longterm coin in any way, shape, or form because of it's highly unrealistic financial model and obvious borderline scam instamine. It's purely for pumping and dumping with it's hypeish, irrelevant feature/s. Coins like Darkcoin, I mean DASH are the reason why so many Bitcoiners describe the altcoins in this environment as shitcoins, and they're right.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:02:51 PM

Darkcoin uses Piece of Stake(It's masternodes are PoS,, with highly distorted incetives(Masternodes stupidly get paid for doing unncessary tasks), coupled with an instamined PoW, enough said. It's not a good longterm coin in any way, shape, or form because of it's highly unrealistic financial model and obvious borderline scam instamine. It's purely for pumping and dumping with it's hypeish, irrelevant feature/s. Coins like Darkcoin, I mean DASH are the reason why so many Bitcoiners describe the altcoins in this environment as shitcoins, and they're right.

+100

/end thread
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:13:36 PM

There are a couple of things happening right now that perhaps together causes this price increase :

- Darkcoin successfully established a 2-tier network which consists of POW rewards and POS (proof of service) rewards through their masternode network

The services that run on this 2-tier network right now are Darksend mixing (to anonymize the transactions on its network in a decentralized way)
and InstantX (which makes transactions within 4 to 6 seconds, effectively achieving creditcard confirmation speed). There are other services that in time and after carefull investigation will also take advantage of this 2-tier network (think about 2 factor authentication on blocklevel for example)

When Darkcoin just started a year ago it was very focussed on developing and testing Darksend and later on InstantX, however now that both Darksend and
InstantX are running on Darkcoin's Mainnet without problems and also have been opensourced the market seems to have re-evaluated the price and corrected it accordingly (so yes it had an price impact)

- Darkcoin's Masternode network does not only provide decentralised anonymization and InstantX transactions, it also rewards users who setup up these
Masternodes (currently 2389 masternodes over 34 countries). Masternode owners get currently 40% of POW mined blocks, this reward is scheduled per
month to increase untill it reaches 60% in april 2016. This provides a strong incentative to buy and hold Darkcoins.

- Darkcoin is in the middle of a name-rebranding phase, it will be renamed per 25-march-2015 to DASH, in an effort to more effectively achieve adaption and in the
end mainstraim adaption. This is a big move for Darkcoin and although the market responded negatively after the first day we can now witness a growing
acceptance and adaption towards this new name.

- Latest info from lead-developer Evan Duffield from Darkcoin also shows some promise with regards to Darkcoin's scalability : https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rebranding-and-scalability.4254/

When we started we saw a few issues that Bitcoin has and have attempted to solve them. One of the main issues we were trying to fix was fungibility. Fungibility is defined as the property of a good or a commodity whose individual units are capable of mutual substitution. That is, it is the property of essences or goods which are "capable of being substituted in place of one another."

Bitcoin isn’t perfectly fungible. This means that over long periods of time, Bitcoin will lose it’s fungibility due to coins being tainted by their use. Coins in the Bitcoin system carry their history around with them and that will make them “tainted” as compared to other coins.

While solving this problem, I eventually found we could create a secondary network within Darkcoin, this network would provide services to keep all of the coins fungible and at the same time could offer other services as well. Services such as protocol 2 factor authentication, instant transactions and now scalability.

Personally I believe the 1-tier approach used by Bitcoin and other currencies isn’t as powerful as a 2-tier approach. I also believe the no one besides a few people have even yet to understand what a 2-tier cryptographic currency is capable of.

The Bitcoin developers and community are talking about expanding the maximum blockchain size to 20MB. Currently the Bitcoin network can handle 7 transactions per second. This will allow their currency to 140 transactions per second, but will also result in up to 1TB per year in blockchain storage (until they successfully implement pruning).

Eventually Gavin Andresen sees blocks getting to 100MB+, with tens of thousands of transactions per block. See http://gavintech.blogspot.com/2015/01/twenty-megabytes-testing-results.html and https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CuOEM9uwO5w-RwWGCCZpVGVFwhHHHegxJZqTP5KyapI/edit#gid=0.

After giving it some thought, I came up with a scalable architecture that supports billions of transactions per day.

Specifications of this strategy:
•The blockchain will automatically become much more anonymous than Bitcoin is.
•Fees per transaction will be very, very low. Let the micro-payment revolution begin.
•Zero-centralization
•Scalable to billions of transactions per day
•Requires a 2-tier network
•Very low blockchain bloat

I make no promises about this idea working though, I’m very early in the research stages, but it does look quite promising. If it works, it means we have solved the ultimate problem with Bitcoin and have made this technology accessible to the whole world. This strategy is just too good to let sit for very long and I need to do some exploratory coding to prove it works.

- and finally Evan Duffield also appeared on ''Lets talk Bitcoin #196 : Distortions towards Privacy'' : https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-196-distortions-towards-privacy-or-many-hands-makes-light-work

All those things together, coupled with a very very bullish sentiment in the market right now is creating this price increase in my eyes.

Thanks for creating this thread, it may feel like you opened Pandora's box when you read the reply posts you have received so far but in the end its important
that the truth gets out there...   

qwizzie

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:42:10 PM

-snip-

This is a Fact, Do your Homework Before Investing

Good idea. That's what I did. Then invested a ton.

A review of Darkcoins distribution as at September 2014

Summary

The general history / creation period of 3.8m (82%) of the 4.6m DRK in circulation is reviewed below.

Top 300 Wallets [10 Sept-14]

This is needed as a record of the top wallets as the final release of Darkcoin's anonymity software is due to be open sourced and put into production making analysis on some wallets impossible.

OP to be extended as analysis is updated:

http://bitinfocharts.com/

http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-darkcoin-addresses-1.html

Top 300 Wallets: total held in all wallets by month they were created, and still in existence:

*Jan-14: 146,000 DRK
*Feb-14: 175,000 DRK
*Mar-14: 315,300 DRK
*Apr-14: 524,200 DRK
*May-14: 522,500 DRK
*Jun-14: 332,900 DRK
*JUL-14: 96,300 DRK
*Aug-14:713,855 DRK
*Sep-14: 125,624 DRK

Total: 2.94m DRK [~63%]

January 2014 Wallets

Darkcoin was launched on 18th January 2014 / No premine.

http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ#Was_Darkcoin_Instamined.3F

Of the top 300 wallets in circulation at 10 Sept 2014 and created in January, the total number of coins held in all those combined wallets from the first month is 146,000 DRK, around 3%.

Known Wallets

Several of the top 100 wallets have been flagged as belonging to exchanges or pools.

These collectively contain 450,300 DRK [~10% of the 4.64m coins in circuclation]

Wallets Above 10k DRK

Activity of top 4 Wallets which contain 1.1m DRK

Nr1. Wallet
XosXcEm3Y6Mv6tmBKd1rUWhqB9Pf1hABj7

Nr2. Wallet
XnuCAYmAiVHE6Xv3D7Xw685wWzqtcfexLh

Nr3.Wallet
XdiD28mjurK1koGgYy7NUSQqK1XeCfwvGX

Nr4. Wallet
XwXtGyj1NZnmHfWFDYjGsyY4qzkJXBLCjV

Master Nodes

http://drk.poolhash.org/mmaps.html

There are around 900 Master Nodes [11-Sept-2014]

Master Nodes provide the trustless decentralised mixing system behind Darkcoin.

Kristov Atlast has written an independent review of Darkcoin and what the Master Nodes do
http://blog.anonymousbitcoinbook.com/2014/09/paper-an-analysis-of-darkcoins-blockchain-privacy-via-darksend/

To operate a Master Node (MN), each MN must have a wallet with 1,000 DRK. These can be linked to cold storage.

The lower end of the top 300 wallets used in this analysis ends at:

XsumiZCsth6Jtgb34nsRQs3KsgDj4Dd4KA

It contains 1,070 DRK [as at 11 Sept-14]

It is considered that the 900 Master Nodes are not counted in the top 300 wallets, therefore

900 MN x 1,000 DRK = 900,000 DRK (~20%) that are out of general circulation and held in Master Nodes.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 07:44:52 PM

DASH is Digital TrASH.

Masternodes are Ponzi-like structures which probably qualify as illegal under anti-HYIP financial regulations and money laundering/transmitting laws.

They use CoinJoin to provide via obscurity the illusion of security.

As a bonus, the dictator of DARSH (DARSHTATOR?) has in his possession a private key which functions as a remote killswitch for these trusted third parties.

Not to mention the toxic DARSH community often acts like crazed Scientologists, shunning and/or attacking anyone who disrupts their groupthink and personality cult.

Did I miss anything?  Oh ya, almost forgot.  INSTAMINED!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
celestio

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:48:07 PM

The "distribution" according to address and wallets provided by Coins101 makes no difference. Incase anyone wandering wants to know, many people spread their coins out through lots of different addresses. That's what those who instamined 2million Darkcoin did, just like people who mix their bitcoins, so did the instaminers mix their coins. Don't be fooled.

Also, evan changed the max coin supply from around 60million darkcoins to less than 30million, why, to make the instamined coins more valuable, as well as reducing the block reward from 500 to under 100.

Instamine, meddled trash.

Why would Evan set the block reward at 500, then drop it to under 100 after 2million coins were instamined on a Linux-Only release, and then cut the max coin supply by 50%? There's no other explanation other than he started Darkcoin off as a scam.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:49:31 PM

The "distribution" according to address and wallets provided by Coins101 makes no difference. Incase anyone wandering wants to know, many people spread their coins out through lots of different addresses. That's what those who instamined 2million Darkcoin did, just like people who mix their bitcoins, so did the instaminers mix their coins. Don't be fooled.

Also, evan changed the max coin supply from around 60million darkcoins to less than 30million, why, to make the instamined coins more valuable, as well as reducing the block reward from 500 to under 100.

There nothing on 'instant' here,It was mine by all the community from first 45 hours.

Go away you jealous Smiley

Bitcoin have mined more than this in early day and there not a war over this Wink (nakamoto own more than a milion of BTC,ohhh scam Wink )
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:54:11 PM

i just remembered i havent given you my impression about InstantX yet while using it.
Well all i can say its pretty Instant allright. You press the button and within 4-6
seconds the transaction tx has been created and confirmed by masternodes 5 times
and the amount has been added to receiver's total balance right in those 4-6 seconds.

Its pretty amazing to witness.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
celestio

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:58:39 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 08:49:48 PM by celestio

There nothing on 'instant' here,It was mine by all the community from first 45 hours.

Bitcoin have mined more than this in early day and there not a war over this Wink (nakamoto own more than a milion of BTC,ohhh scam Wink )

Huge Lie, I have posts/captures from the beginning of the Darkcoin days if anyone wants to pm me, and if anyone wants to look for themselves, they'd see that hardly anyone mined on the Linux-Only release except for Evan and his friends who were in on the scam, there were less than 20 people mining. Also doesnt explain the fact that the block reward was cut over 200% and that the max coin supply was cut by 50%. That's literally the definition of a scam.

The reason why Evan choose to make faulty masternodes in the first place is to make him earn and capitalize from his initial instamine, through getting a % more darkcoins from block rewards due to the % of coins that masternodes get. Essentially, Evan has been making a shit ton more money with his instamined coins from masternodes, while everyone else is left in the dust. Yea, and Satoshi mined Bitcoin fairly and squarely, he didn't drastically cut Bitcoins block reward or change the max coin supply, both of which Evan did to Darkcoin/DASH, several times.

Smell the scam.

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:01:11 PM

let the kids play

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 08:12:47 PM

Well - this looks like a good place to fill-up my ignore list

That's right, shun the wicked disbelievers.  Don't let their evil words tempt you.  What a good cultist you are.

Please have some more Kool-Aid.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BigTimeProducer

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:15:06 PM

Icebreaker is a good one to talk about scams Roll Eyes, surprised his glass house is still standing
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381687.0
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:21:33 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 08:38:38 PM by qwizzie

it seems a lot of people in here have difficulty comprehensively reading OP's first post eventhough its not really all that lenghty,
let me quote her once again :

Anyone here who is using Darkcoin and InstantX?

Share your experience here.

i'm a Darkcoin & Instantx user, are you ?

Anyways, here is a link to a demonstration of InstantX to get a feel about it, the lead developer of Darkcoin Evan Duffield created it sometime ago,
the technique has long since been polished (it was really in Alpha testing phase back then).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjUPj-TmFE

innergy

Activity: 685

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:38:21 PM

The USDollar is the most instamined currency in the World.. so?
$85 new billions every month last year!?
sangoku

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 08:38:54 PM

As a bonus, the dictator of DARSH (DARSHTATOR?) has in his possession a private key which functions as a remote killswitch for these trusted third parties.

Proof ?

DΛSH is digital cash. Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet. You can send Dash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world. DΛSH Anonymous and Untraceable. The Perfect Digital Cash And The Best Way To Protect Your Privacy https://www.dashpay.io DΛSH is 59.5 times faster with syncing and updating  than Monero.
My DΛSH Address: XgF6sNzGHU58dn36WsC16no9FHct6nPeZD
celestio

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:40:07 PM

The USDollar is the most instamined currency in the World.. so?

First off, you cant compare a centralized USD to a cryptocurrency (On 2nd thought, you can compare it to darkcoin/dash since both are centralized). But, Satoshi created Bitcoin to get away from the USD, not to be just like it. So because the USD is "instamined", you are fine with Darkcoin, a cryptocurrency based off Bitcoin(Which Satoshi made to be decentralized and fair) being hugely instamined(extremlely unfair)?? Yea....

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 08:48:42 PM

Icebreaker is a good one to talk about scams

That's right, attack the attacker!  Protect the cult and its Dear Leader!

You would make an excellent Scientologist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_controversies#.22Attack_the_Attacker.22_policy

Scientology has a reputation for hostile action toward anyone who criticizes it in a public forum

Scientology has targeted these critics - almost without exception - for retaliation, in the form of lawsuits and public counter-accusations of personal wrongdoing.

The organization's actions reflect a formal policy for dealing with criticism instituted by L. Ron Hubbard, called "attack the attacker". Hubbard noted the "correct procedure" for attacking enemies of Scientology:

Don't ever tamely submit to an investigation of us. Make it rough, rough on attackers all the way.
        —Attacks on Scientology, "Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter", 25 February 1966

It sure is easier to attack the messenger than defend the wisdom of using Amazon-hosted trusted 3rd parties to obfuscate coins using broken/reversible CoinJoin mixing.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BigTimeProducer

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:54:44 PM

Right - the supposedly 'broken' system that we've been hearing about. Once a month someone makes the claim, we've yet to see it broken.
Department of

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:00:17 PM

As someone who came in "late" to Darkcoin the past few months, I literally could not care less about all the "instamine" drama everyone whines about.  There was obviously plenty of time when people could have bought in by the thousands for dirt cheap and they didn't do it.  They're just angry that they blew their chance.

Before I bought Darkcoin I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  Darkcoin gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better- even if it makes a few people angry.

The community is also amazing and very active and will help you with any questions you have.  Or you can get help from iCEBREAKER...  He seems like a pretty reasonable and intelligent source.  It looks like he's pretty into bashing religions and things?
PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:11:23 PM

Why would Evan set the block reward at 500, then drop it to under 100 after 2million coins were instamined on a Linux-Only release, and then cut the max coin supply by 50%? There's no other explanation other than he started Darkcoin off as a scam.
Facts speak for themselves, Darkcoin is a intended scam from the word go. The reason the copy-paste coin had 2 failed launches was to get rid of the keen miners which joined new released coins at the time.  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=979682.msg10689484#msg10689484
BigTimeProducer

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:15:43 PM

The anti-dark zealots are now resorting to quoting their own posts for proof.
BigTimeProducer

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:17:32 PM

The anti-dark zealots are now resorting to quoting their own posts for proof.

I agree! By their logic, I now proved my own point!
dazbarlby

Activity: 460

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:22:05 PM

As someone who came in "late" to Darkcoin the past few months, I literally could not care less about all the "instamine" drama everyone whines about.  There was obviously plenty of time when people could have bought in by the thousands for dirt cheap and they didn't do it.  They're just angry that they blew their chance.

Before I bought Darkcoin I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  Darkcoin gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better, even if it makes a few people angry.

The community is also amazing and very active and will help you with any questions you have.  Or you can get help from iCEBREAKER...  He seems like a pretty reasonable and intelligent source.  It looks like he's pretty into bashing religions and things?

Very well said... Like you said, people had months to buy this coin at stupidly low prices when others were dumping to make a quick buck, people with vision bought thousands at that time. Bitcoin is stagnant and hasn't really done much for years, while DASH innovates on a monthly basis and move's its development forward at an astonishing rate.

Because of it's unique structure DASH will be able to absorb new great cryptocurrency developments in the future unlike other coins including Bitcoin.

Over the last year DASH has built a very strong foundation in order to set a very successful future path and that's what people are buying into.

The current price is still very cheap... Remember when Bitcoin coin was this price?

DASH is Better than Bitcoin and there are fewer coins.

Note: InstantX is amazing and it removes the need for merchants to use centralized third parties (coinbase etc) as insurance when accepting digital cash because the insurance is built in via masternodes and at no extra cost to the merchant either :-)
celestio

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:48:08 PM

As someone who came in "late" to Darkcoin the past few months, I literally could not care less about all the "instamine" drama everyone whines about.  There was obviously plenty of time when people could have bought in by the thousands for dirt cheap and they didn't do it.  They're just angry that they blew their chance.

Before I bought Darkcoin I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  Darkcoin gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better, even if it makes a few people angry.

The community is also amazing and very active and will help you with any questions you have.  Or you can get help from iCEBREAKER...  He seems like a pretty reasonable and intelligent source.  It looks like he's pretty into bashing religions and things?

Very well said... Like you said, people had months to buy this coin at stupidly low prices when others were dumping to make a quick buck, people with vision bought thousands at that time. Bitcoin is stagnant and hasn't really done much for years, while DASH innovates on a monthly basis and move's its development forward at an astonishing rate.

Because of it's unique structure DASH will be able to absorb new great cryptocurrency developments in the future unlike other coins including Bitcoin.

Over the last year DASH has built a very strong foundation in order to set a very successful future path and that's what people are buying into.

The current price is still very cheap... Remember when Bitcoin coin was this price?

Note: InstantX is amazing and it removes the need for merchants to use centralized third parties (coinbase etc) as insurance when accepting digital cash because the insurance is built in via masternodes and at no extra cost to the merchant either :-)

That's funny, because earlier in 2014, I introduced a few friends to the cryptocurrency scene, and after they learned of Darkcoin's/Dash's instamine, they wanted nothing to do with it.

It's also funny that "Department of" made a new account to post that 100% lie, an obvious sockpuppet account.

Department of lies

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:53:17 PM

Before I bought Darkcoin I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  Darkcoin gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better- even if it makes a few people angry.

Hi, I just registered to say you are the most obvious and stupid stock-puppet account I have ever encountered, and another proof that the Darkcoin/DASH scam is still trying to lure people with its lies and cultist-behavior.
dazbarlby

Activity: 460

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:01:41 PM

Before I bought Darkcoin I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  Darkcoin gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better, even if it makes a few people angry.

That's funny, because earlier in 2014, I introduced a few friends to the cryptocurrency scene, and after they learned of Darkcoin's/Dash's instamine, they wanted nothing to do with it.

It's also funny that "It's Depatement" made a new account to post that 100% lie, an obvious sockpuppet account.

What can I say... Some people just don't have vision and the imagination to think and see outside the box. It sounds your friends got transfixed with the notion of the so called instamine (undoubtedly you made a strong point in selling that to them) that they couldn't see the true value of the coins fundamentals...

I hope you feel pride in not helping your friends to make the right choice. In fact they could have made a lot of money last year and this if they had only opened their minds and done a little research for them selves instead of relying on you.

Never mind, sheep will be sheep.
Department of

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:02:20 PM

It's also funny that "It's Depatement" made a new account to post that 100% lie, an obvious sockpuppet account.

I explained a little more about my experience with DASH on the main Darkcoin thread. When I first started researching DASH I only read posts on Darkcointalk.org. When I decided I wanted to read some more discussion on certain topics I searched and found these forums.  I've been into Bitcoin for over a year and bought some altcoins during that time, but didn't really get too deep into the altcoin scene. I've only been reading threads on these forums the past two weeks or so and just made an account the other day.  You can see from my posts the past few days, that I didn't make an account just to post false stories.  Anyway, it's fine if you don't believe me.  It's obvious that you can't be convinced of things by any sort of proof or logic.  
celestio

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:09:39 PM

I explained a little more about my experience with DASH on the main Darkcoin thread. When I first started researching DASH I only read posts on Darkcointalk.org. When I decided I wanted to read some more discussion on certain topics I searched and found these forums.  I've been into Bitcoin for over a year and bought some altcoins during that time, but didn't really get too deep into the altcoin scene. I've only been reading threads on these forums the past two weeks or so and just made an account the other day.  You can see from my posts the past few days, that I didn't make an account just to post false stories.  Anyway, it's fine if you don't believe me.  It's obvious that you can't be convinced of things by any sort of proof or logic.  

No, the reason why it's obvious that you're lying is that you said you read about DASH on the darkcointalk thread, yet you've supposedly been in the Bitcoin community for over a year and bought altcoins during that time. I'm on darkcointalk and the information presented on bitcointalk far trumphs the info on there(Which is highly biased).

Also, if you've been involved with Bitcoin and other altcoins, then you would most definitely have had a bitcointalk account. There's no way you'd just uppity and buy a random altcoin that you see.

So yes, your account is a sockpuppet, there's no need to lie, especially when I introduced friends to here who aren't in the cryptocurrency scene at all, and every single one of them rejected Darkcoin/Dash after reading about it's instamine, regarding it the same way any rational person would, a scam intended to make the developer rich.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 10:10:22 PM

Proof ?

Just ask the DARSHcoiners.  They admit it's true, but try to spin the remote killswitch power being granted to Duffman as a 'good thing.'  Because reasons, of course.

Funny how Satoshi and Gavin didn't need to put a backdoor into BTC nodes, yet Duffman has one for his MadoffNodes.

How many trusted third parties is that?  I'm losing count.  Let's do a census.

TTP #1 - MadoffNode operators (IE bagholding DARSH cultist seeking a high yield from their investment product)
TPP #2 - MadoffNode operators' ISPs (IE 5Eyes-friendly cable or DSL)
TPP #3 - MadoffNode hosts (IE 5Eyes-friendly Amazon or Azure)
TPP #4 - MadoffNode dev (IE This One Guy who may be compromised by threats of jail, a $5 wrench, or worse)
TPP #5 - MadoffNode dev's ISP (see #2)

The point of BTC is to replace trust with proof-of-work.  A 2nd tier mesh of TTPs is 100% Bad Idea Jeans.

This is why the trustless on-chain protocol-layer blending used by Cryptonote is a technology vastly superior to DARSH's off-chain network-layer CoinJoin obfuscation.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BigTimeProducer

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:13:44 PM

On chain solutions are clearly superior. If there's ever a weakness discovered in the crypto, the entire history is there for all to see.
celestio

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:17:16 PM

On chain solutions are clearly superior. If there's ever a weakness discovered in the crypto, the entire history is there for all to see.

I can't think of any conceivable weakness besides high end quantamn computing, which would be a weakness for every online financial institution on earth, including bitcoin, the federal reserve, paypal, etc etc. That's pretty much a nonexistant scenario.

Off chain mixing(Which Darkcoin/Dash uses) is in fact, much more vulnerable. Since Pure Randomness does not exist, there is always a way to retrace transactions by someone who is highly motivated, such as a 3 letter agency.

Department of

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:20:14 PM

No, the reason why it's obvious that you're lying is that you said you read about DASH on the darkcointalk thread, yet you've supposedly been in the Bitcoin community for over a year and bought altcoins during that time. I'm on darkcointalk and the information presented on bitcointalk far trumphs the info on there(Which is highly biased).

Also, if you've been involved with Bitcoin and other altcoins, then you would most definitely have had a bitcointalk account. There's no way you'd just uppity and buy a random altcoin that you see.

So yes, your account is a sockpuppet, there's no need to lie, especially when I introduced friends to here who aren't in the cryptocurrency scene at all, and every single one of them rejected Darkcoin/Dash after reading about it's instamine, regarding it the same way any rational person would, a scam intended to make the developer rich.

I only ever used Reddit for most of my information on Bitcoin- there's plenty of activity there.  Forums can be a waste of time, as you can see from this discussion.  DASH is obviously in much earlier stages of adoption and there wasn't much activity on their subreddit.  Search "Darkcoin discussion" and what comes up first?  Darkcointalk.org.  

Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose to believe.  Don't expect another response from me.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:33:26 PM

I can't think of any conceivable weakness besides high end quantamn computing, which would be a weakness for every online financial institution on earth, including bitcoin, the federal reserve, paypal, etc etc. That's pretty much a nonexistant scenario.

Let's say IBM announces that it will have a QC ready and in production in 5 years. Every online financial institution on earth has more than enough time to react and move to QC resistant algos to keep the funds safe. But if you have put your anonymity in a blockchain and released it out to the world there's nothing you can do to protect the already distributed data. It's not gonna happen overnight where you can all of a sudden download a private key resolver from the internet or order a QC from newegg.

Off chain mixing(Which Darkcoin/Dash uses) is in fact, much more vulnerable. Since Pure Randomness does not exist, there is always a way to retrace transactions by someone who is highly motivated, such as a 3 letter agency.

Randomness resolver could come in handy for many other purposes as well.
celestio

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:22:13 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 11:51:41 PM by celestio

Let's say IBM announces that it will have a QC ready and in production in 5 years. Every online financial institution on earth has more than enough time to react and move to QC resistant algos to keep the funds safe. But if you have put your anonymity in a blockchain and released it out to the world there's nothing you can do to protect the already distributed data. It's not gonna happen overnight where you can all of a sudden download a private key resolver from the internet or order a QC from newegg.

Not possible, quantamn computing is at least another 20 years away. You're saying every online financial institution on earth has more than enough time to react, really? Over 50million JPMorgan accounts got hacked recently, along with other companies. "Hacking" into the blockchain and subsequently cryptonote is going to be much, much harder than hacking into centralized software used by those companies(It will also be much more profitable to go after those companies/gov websites instead).

By true randonmess, I mean randomization itself isn't completely "randominzation" as you think it is in your head. Nothing is ever truly random that we know of excluding the various theories presented in quanmtan mechanics, so off chain mixing is potentially possible to reverse to a skilled and patient tracker (Ehn-Es-Aye)

celestio

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:43:49 PM

What can I say... Some people just don't have vision and the imagination to think and see outside the box. It sounds your friends got transfixed with the notion of the so called instamine (undoubtedly you made a strong point in selling that to them) that they couldn't see the true value of the coins fundamentals...

I hope you feel pride in not helping your friends to make the right choice. In fact they could have made a lot of money last year and this if they had only opened their minds and done a little research for them selves instead of relying on you.

Never mind, sheep will be sheep.

What makes the situation even funnier, is that at that time, I had no "dislike" of Darkcoin. I didn't care really, they came here and read up on various cryptocurrencies before calling it quits, I did not influence their actions in any way. Unlike yourself, they(and I) aren't the type of people to pump a coin like Darkcoin with no future to try and sell our bags on unsuspecting newbs. Besides, there were never any fundamentals in Darkcoin/Dash, the very fundamentals such as the block reward, max coin supply, name, and more, has been severely tampered with by Evan since the instamined happened during Darkcoin/Dash's release. Those things are the fundamentals of a cryptocurrency, and your developer has destroyed it. The only thing Dark/Dash has remaining is hype by the pump and dump crowd/groups. Remember XC and it's pump/dump group, Promotheus? Yea.

If a few people who aren't programmers or cryptographers can come in and say, "Yea the dev of this coin really fucked it up for everyone else but himself", then there is something seriously wrong.

BigTimeProducer

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:01:16 AM

The quantum computing strawman is a fun one... "I don't understand how someone could find an exploit, so clearly only a quantum computer could do it"...

"Wait...what's a quantum computer  Huh"

AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:32:45 AM

Lol @ trying to start a pump thread and getting rekt

This shitcoin is even scammier than i imagined. Someone needs to go jail over this shit
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 02:50:36 AM

Lol @ trying to start a pump thread and getting rekt

This shitcoin is even scammier than i imagined. Someone needs to go jail over this shit

I don't imagine the State of Arizona takes kindly to HYIP schemes, especially when they involve both unregulated financial products and illegal money laundering.

Anyone have a handy link to their AG's office and Dept of Consumer Protection?

That's only the beginning.  Just at the state level, there are probably a dozen other TLAs who strongly disapprove of crap like this:

In order to run a Masternode, an investor needs to buy 1000 DRK/DASH as collateral.

DASH ROI

You can estimate like this:

- Currently Masternodes get 40% of the block reward.

- The minimum block reward in DASH(DRK) is 4.65 DASH at this moment. I will assume difficulty is high enough so that we are dealing with the minimum reward for a worst case scenario situation, sometimes there are blocks with higher rewards. The minimum DASH block reward decreases by 7% annually to avoid abrupt block halvings, that already happened earlier this year so 4.65 DASH will be valid until next year.

- Average block-time in DASH is 2.5 min, so there are ~576 blocks per day. So 576*4.65DASH*40% = 1071.36 DASH alloted for the whole masternode network currently, we need to divide this by the 2300MN active masternodes. This gives us

~Monthly masternode income = 13.97 DASH
 ~Current Minimum DASH Annual ROI = 17%*

*This will change and go up throughout this year as the masternode network reward share will continue to increase each month to incentivize node creation following this schedule:

And the Feds will not be amused either.  I hope Duffman likes JBTs and PMITA prison.   Shocked

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:58:05 AM

I have posts/captures from the beginning of the Darkcoin days if anyone wants to pm me

Like I'm interested.

Eat yourself up.
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:58:56 AM

Can someone explain how InstantX doesn't run a risk due to blockchain reorganization?

Thanks
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:11:47 AM

Just at the state level, there are probably.....

A bit more creative than your usual crap, I'll give you that  Wink
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:03:47 AM

I have posts/captures from the beginning of the Darkcoin days if anyone wants to pm me, and if anyone wants to look for themselves, they'd see that hardly anyone mined on the Linux-Only release except for Evan and his friends who were in on the scam, there were less than 20 people mining. Also doesnt explain the fact that the block reward was cut over 200% and that the max coin supply was cut by 50%. That's literally the definition of a scam.

The reason why Evan choose to make faulty masternodes in the first place is to make him earn and capitalize from his initial instamine, through getting a % more darkcoins from block rewards due to the % of coins that masternodes get. Essentially, Evan has been making a shit ton more money with his instamined coins from masternodes, while everyone else is left in the dust.

Smell the scam.

It will take some formatting to PowerPoint all this info into a form digestible by the AZ state and Fed authorities.

But if we don't get this scum off the streets and clean up crypto, who will?

http://www.fbi.gov/phoenix

FBI Phoenix
21711 N. 7th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85024
Phone: (623) 466-1999
Fax: (623) 466-1108
E-mail: phoenix@ic.fbi.gov

White Collar Crime Supervisor
201 E. Indianola Avenue, Suite 400
Phoenix, AZ 85012-2080
Phone: (602) 279-5511

http://www.azcc.gov/divisions/securities/complaint.asp

Complaints

The Securities Division of the Arizona Corporation Commission is responsible for regulating the securities industry in the state of Arizona.  One of our main functions is to oversee the firms and individuals that engage in the offer and sale of securities to the public. If  you are a victim of financial fraud, please send us your complaint information.

https://www.azag.gov/complaints/consumer

The Arizona Attorney General’s Office has jurisdiction over Arizona's Consumer Fraud Act

Consumer Complaint Form

If you believe you have been the victim of consumer fraud, complete the online form below.

For more information you can contact us by phone at (602) 542-5763 (Phoenix), (520) 628-6504 (Tucson), or toll free outside metro Phoenix, (800) 352-8431, or by email at consumerinfo@azag.gov. Please provide your supporting documents by fax at (602) 542-4579 or by mail at 1275 West Washington Attn: Consumer Information and Complaints, Phoenix, AZ 85007 and include your name and complaint number if available.

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).

File a Complaint

http://www.stopfraud.gov/report.html#computer

To report computer-based fraud:

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3): File a Complaint
Online Form: https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx

IC3 accepts online Internet crime complaints from either the person who believes they were defrauded or from a third party to the complainant.

eConsumer.gov: Report Your Complaint
E-mail: econsumerwb@ftc.gov 

eConsumer.gov is a portal for consumers to report complaints about online and related transactions with foreign companies.

http://www.stopfraud.gov/report.html#investment

To report Commodities, Investment and Securities Fraud:

U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC): Center for Complaints and Enforcement Tips
Online Form: www.sec.gov/complaint.shtml 
Phone: (800) 732-0330

You can file a complaint or provide the SEC with tips on potential securities law violations though the links on this page.

The Federal Trade Commission also works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit the website at www.ftc.gov (link is external) or write or call:

Federal Trade Commission
 Consumer Response Center
 600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
 Washington, D.C. 20580
 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357)
 TTY: 1-866-653-4261

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Jeff8247

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:21:34 AM

Lol at the icebreaker guy. What a wanker!

BTW keep posting your garbage, it's entertaining!

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 05:46:37 AM

keep posting your garbage, it's entertaining!

I don't think the Arizona Corporation Commission will be entertained by these purported high yields from Duffman's investment product:

In fact, they will probably be quite perturbed, according to this:

If you are an Arizona investment adviser, stockbroker, wealth manager, banker, or other professional working with securities and investments and are suspected of wrongdoing, you may be investigated by the Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC). 

Don't worry, I'm helping him find a good lawyer in the main thread.

Better Call Saul...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:53:44 AM

Woah that's a pretty nice ROI

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:12:15 AM

Woah that's a pretty nice ROI

Yes, but the risks and other key factors needed for prudent investment are not disclosed.

The State of AZ, and several Federal agencies, have an interest in ensuring widows, orphans, and other un-sophisticated investors are not misled by these glittering promises into making unwise financial decisions which leave the investor with less than they can afford to lose.

Because if Granny and Tiny Tim lose it all betting on Masternodes, the taxpayers are on the hook for their care and feeding.

And nobody should be forced at gunpoint to cover the gambling losses of another.

I'm sure you agree.   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:09:38 AM

Yes, but the risks and other key factors needed for prudent investment are not disclosed.

True - I hadn't thought of that.

I think you just made the case for shutting down all of crypto without delay  Cheesy
GTO911

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:30:20 AM

Ill start contacting some authorities in the coming days

Jail for Evan
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:33:40 AM

free Evan

AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:27:46 PM

Jail for Evan

And what's your's coin's dev name again?
GTO911

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:29:34 PM

Jail for Evan

And what's your's coin's dev name again?

DarkDashShitKillerCoin
AdamWhite

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:29:22 PM

Jail for Evan

Don't forget to do this for Monero XMR as well for insider trading and illegal pump and dumps.

lol read the thread again.. Monero didn't fund their project with a fraudulent 50% instamine, change the emission and total coin parameters to make the instamine worth more, or build a masternode payment system so the dev could receive an income from his fraudulent instamine

Really great scam! Good job
AdamWhite

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:40:11 PM

Jail for Evan

Don't forget to do this for Monero XMR as well for insider trading and illegal pump and dumps.

lol read the thread again.. Monero didn't fund their project with a fraudulent 50% instamine, change the emission and total coin parameters to make the instamine worth more, or build a masternode payment system which allowed the dev to receive an income from his fraudulent instamine

Oh, you think they didn't? because you can't see through the CPU fiasco they did ? Its well good covered between the monero fanboys crap they posted all along.

If the Monero devs did anything wrong i'm sure the proof will eventually come to light

You're trying to derail this thread by turning it into another Monero vs DRK wasteland
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:49:22 PM

Jail for Evan

lol read the thread again.. Monero didn't fund their project with a fraudulent 50% instamine, change the emission and total coin parameters to make the instamine worth more, or build a masternode payment system which allowed the dev to receive an income from his fraudulent instamine

Oh, you think they didn't? because you can't see through the CPU fiasco they did ? Its well good covered between the monero fanboys crap they posted all along.
You really think all the Developers they got worked for free ? I think you need to check real hard what their history tells you... someone said that they need more funding so the devs could look if this exploit was real.

Yes they said this... it is on the net.

BCX threatened with an exploit, had nothing to do with " need more funding so the devs could look if this exploit was real"(Which it turned out not to be). At least type proper sentences so we can understand you. The developer paid out of their own to continue developing Monero, dont talk out your ass Stealthcoin.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
celestio

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:53:08 PM

Huge Lie, I have posts/captures from the beginning of the Darkcoin days if anyone wants to pm me, and if anyone wants to look for themselves, they'd see that hardly anyone mined on the Linux-Only release except for Evan and his friends who were in on the scam, there were less than 20 people mining. Also doesnt explain the fact that the block reward was cut over 200% and that the max coin supply was cut by 50%. That's literally the definition of a scam.

The reason why Evan choose to make faulty masternodes in the first place is to make him earn and capitalize from his initial instamine, through getting a % more darkcoins from block rewards due to the % of coins that masternodes get. Essentially, Evan has been making a shit ton more money with his instamined coins from masternodes, while everyone else is left in the dust. Yea, and Satoshi mined Bitcoin fairly and squarely, he didn't drastically cut Bitcoins block reward or change the max coin supply, both of which Evan did to Darkcoin/DASH, several times.

Smell the scam.

If this is the case then Protoshares aka Bitshares is also a scam ?

The transfer from protoshares to bitshares was planned from the beginning, was it not? Was bitshares released on Linux only with 500 coins per block, then have the block reward cut a ton of times and the max coin supply cut as well, then have 2million coins mined by those who released the coin and everything goes back to normal...Did that happen to bitshares?

Darkcoin,Dash came 6 years after Bitcoin. So if you wanna compare, then you're saying that Evan is incompetent, since he cant release a normal functioning coin, just like dozenss of developers have released before him.

AdamWhite

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:55:38 PM

No, im trying to show people that you just FUD without even looking at your coin first and how filthy it is with all your Pump and Dumps + the shills you set loose when your team is pumping again.

Crypto is a haven for pump/dump.. those groups should also be investigated

This isn't at all relevant to the DRK scam we're talking about but i'm sure you already knew that  Roll Eyes
celestio

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:56:23 PM

Smell the scam.

If this is the case then Protoshares aka Bitshares is also a scam ?

The transfer from protoshares to bitshares was planned from the beginning, was it not? Was bitshares released on Linux only with 500 coins per block, then have the block reward cut a ton of times and the max coin supply cut as well, then have 2million coins mined by those who released the coin and everything goes back to normal...Did that happen to bitshares?

This is not what i'm talking about. At the start they had only one pool and you could not join it was restricted. Yes only people in the club could mine at the start.

Same stuff happened with Fedoracoin but with a higher hashrate.

You mean the masternodes? I was impying that he created masternodes to continue enriching himself because masternodes get paid a high portion of coins from blocks, for just being there.

Its funny to see your history, and how you at the beginning recognized the scam, but now you've bought into darkcoin and are letting the bagholder in you talk. Ah. So now there happened to be a random ddos attack on a coin with no future at the time? Yea that's definitely not fishy......

Face the facts, there are no explanations for what Evan did other than

1) He was incompetent and totally ruined Darkcoin, Dash's beginnings(and future)

2) He did the instamine scam on purpose, which is the most likely scenario

celestio

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:06:15 PM

Uhm comparing those coins is like comparing apples and oranges.

One had its parameter/"social contract" changed entirely to benefit those who instamined the first day, and a centralized incentive node system in place that opens up more vectors of attack and was closed source for most of its lifetime

The other never had its social contract/parameters changed at all, and uses a system called cryptonote that was basically forseen by Satoshi himself, was always open source and had everything basically in the open

illodin

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:32:37 PM

Not possible, quantamn computing is at least another 20 years away. You're saying every online financial institution on earth has more than enough time to react, really? Over 50million JPMorgan accounts got hacked recently, along with other companies. "Hacking" into the blockchain and subsequently cryptonote is going to be much, much harder than hacking into centralized software used by those companies(It will also be much more profitable to go after those companies/gov websites instead).

I was responding more to the common fallacy that anonymity wouldn't matter as all world would collapse anyway when that happens. How long before the hack JPMorgan was informed their accounts are going to be vulnerable?

By true randonmess, I mean randomization itself isn't completely "randominzation" as you think it is in your head. Nothing is ever truly random that we know of excluding the various theories presented in quanmtan mechanics, so off chain mixing is potentially possible to reverse to a skilled and patient tracker (Ehn-Es-Aye)

Yea and they'll trace the electric afterglow to scan your computer to find out what you've been doing with it since you brought it home from the computer store.
illodin

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:32:53 PM

Besides, there were never any fundamentals in Darkcoin/Dash, the very fundamentals such as the block reward, max coin supply, name, and more, has been severely tampered with by Evan since the instamined happened during Darkcoin/Dash's release. Those things are the fundamentals of a cryptocurrency, and your developer has destroyed it.

The fundamentals are, that the miners and nodes are deciding the consensus. If they don't agree with a certain code change, then that's it - it's not accepted by the community. Miners and the community have obviously deemed the changes necessary and positive and hence reached a consensus.
illodin

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:33:09 PM

Darkcoin,Dash came 6 years after Bitcoin. So if you wanna compare, then you're saying that Evan is incompetent, since he cant release a normal functioning coin, just like dozenss of developers have released before him.

Dozens? Can you mention 5 coins that didn't have problems at the launch? About a year ago I was trying to mine at the launch of pretty much every coin, and can't recall one that didn't have some sort of problems.
celestio

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:36:42 PM

Dozens? Can you mention 5 coins that didn't have problems at the launch? About a year ago I was trying to mine at the launch of pretty much every coin, and can't recall one that didn't have some sort of problems.

Absolutely none of those other coins had a intended or incompetent instamine as drastic and bad as darkcoin, dash, where the entire max coin supply and block reward was cut by more than 50%. Darkcoins on a whole other level of "having problems".

illodin

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:43:02 PM

Absolutely none of those other coins had a intended or incompetent instamine as drastic and bad as darkcoin, dash, where the entire max coin supply and block reward was cut by more than 50%. Darkcoins on a whole other level of "having problems".

I'm sorry you missed the launch. I missed the launch of Bitcoin as well but I got over it.
nsimmons

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:43:07 PM

Prove intent to defraud with a worthless product

Good luck.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:45:08 PM

soo much coming out of one little box  Grin

celestio

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:50:10 PM

I'm sorry you missed the launch. I missed the launch of Bitcoin as well but I got over it.

You cant compare Bitcoin to Darkcoin, Dash. Bitcoins parameters have not been touched, its emission, its block reward, and max coin supply are the same. Darkcoins parameters have been reconstructed many times after and during it's instamine(To make the instamined coins worth a lot more), defeating the entire purpose of being decentralized. Bitcoin shouldnt even be in the same sentence as Dark--Dash.

PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:31:07 PM

What is your background? Are you an ex Nigerian scammers or did you scam old ladys of there life savings, or still do it next to participation on the darkscam.  Sure you are proud of it you lowlife.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 08:41:55 PM

Just went back and read the first several pages of the DRK ann.  ROFL, scam shitcoin is right.  Stinks just like maxcoin did.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:15:10 PM

Again, have you any coin dev names for your coins? Or they intended to scam and hid the names? Or, give me example of coin so I can switch from dash to it?
JusTrynaMakeIt

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:51:20 PM

Hi Everyone,

Dark Coin is an amazing coin with great future prospects, wish i got in early before dark's anon was released. 'ANON' that is why im here.. you all have probably or probably not heard of Navajo Coin, this coin's double encryption anon is going to stun the crypto world. Get in while coins are still at 3k sats after tomorrow's new wallet release it will be flying to the moon! Navajo coin has a great dev team and community their new anon tech is state of the art the however the coin's 50 million supply might result in a tough climb to reach beyond $1 unlike dark's low coin supply which is good for price accumilation.. but hey together we can get it to 30k - 100k - 300k and then to mars.. check out their forum its off limits to me as im a new.. Bittrex is the exchange to buy it has great btc volume.. its at 3049k sats now.. ive invested a few btc myself   Cool Forgive me for my intrusion.

Peace

JusTrynaMakeIt

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:58:52 PM

3200 Sats!!
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 04:04:32 PM

Shadow Motherboard Article: 

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 04:21:46 PM

Just went back and read the first several pages of the DRK ann.  ROFL, scam shitcoin is right.  Stinks just like maxcoin did.

IKR?

DARK is Paycoin 2.0.  The Milli-Vanilli of crypto!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:19:38 PM

poor SDC holders claiming for attention in every thread

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:15:59 PM

Darkcoin and InstantX - What can you say?

Only that in you which is me can hear what I'm saying. But if that part of you in me was listening really really hard
it would hear one distinct word : amen

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: