Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:36:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkcoin and InstantX - What can you say?  (Read 5179 times)
Department of

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:20:14 PM

As someone who came in "late" to Darkcoin the past few months, I literally could not care less about all the "instamine" drama everyone whines about.  There was obviously plenty of time when people could have bought in by the thousands for dirt cheap and they didn't do it.  They're just angry that they blew their chance.

Before I bought Darkcoin I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  Darkcoin gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better, even if it makes a few people angry.

The community is also amazing and very active and will help you with any questions you have.  Or you can get help from iCEBREAKER...  He seems like a pretty reasonable and intelligent source.  It looks like he's pretty into bashing religions and things?

Very well said... Like you said, people had months to buy this coin at stupidly low prices when others were dumping to make a quick buck, people with vision bought thousands at that time. Bitcoin is stagnant and hasn't really done much for years, while DASH innovates on a monthly basis and move's its development forward at an astonishing rate.

Because of it's unique structure DASH will be able to absorb new great cryptocurrency developments in the future unlike other coins including Bitcoin.

Over the last year DASH has built a very strong foundation in order to set a very successful future path and that's what people are buying into.

The current price is still very cheap... Remember when Bitcoin coin was this price?

DASH is Better than Bitcoin and there are fewer coins.

Note: InstantX is amazing and it removes the need for merchants to use centralized third parties (coinbase etc) as insurance when accepting digital cash because the insurance is built in via masternodes and at no extra cost to the merchant either :-)

That's funny, because earlier in 2014, I introduced a few friends to the cryptocurrency scene, and after they learned of Darkcoin's/Dash's instamine, they wanted nothing to do with it.

It's also funny that "It's Depatement" made a new account to post that 100% lie, an obvious sockpuppet account.

I explained a little more about my experience with DASH on the main Darkcoin thread. When I first started researching DASH I only read posts on Darkcointalk.org. When I decided I wanted to read some more discussion on certain topics I searched and found these forums.  I've been into Bitcoin for over a year and bought some altcoins during that time, but didn't really get too deep into the altcoin scene. I've only been reading threads on these forums the past two weeks or so and just made an account the other day.  You can see from my posts the past few days, that I didn't make an account just to post false stories.  Anyway, it's fine if you don't believe me.  It's obvious that you can't be convinced of things by any sort of proof or logic.  

No, the reason why it's obvious that you're lying is that you said you read about DASH on the darkcointalk thread, yet you've supposedly been in the Bitcoin community for over a year and bought altcoins during that time. I'm on darkcointalk and the information presented on bitcointalk far trumphs the info on there(Which is highly biased).

Also, if you've been involved with Bitcoin and other altcoins, then you would most definitely have had a bitcointalk account. There's no way you'd just uppity and buy a random altcoin that you see.

So yes, your account is a sockpuppet, there's no need to lie, especially when I introduced friends to here who aren't in the cryptocurrency scene at all, and every single one of them rejected Darkcoin/Dash after reading about it's instamine, regarding it the same way any rational person would, a scam intended to make the developer rich.

I only ever used Reddit for most of my information on Bitcoin- there's plenty of activity there.  Forums can be a waste of time, as you can see from this discussion.  DASH is obviously in much earlier stages of adoption and there wasn't much activity on their subreddit.  Search "Darkcoin discussion" and what comes up first?  Darkcointalk.org.  

Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose to believe.  Don't expect another response from me.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:33:26 PM

On chain solutions are clearly superior. If there's ever a weakness discovered in the crypto, the entire history is there for all to see.

I can't think of any conceivable weakness besides high end quantamn computing, which would be a weakness for every online financial institution on earth, including bitcoin, the federal reserve, paypal, etc etc. That's pretty much a nonexistant scenario.

Let's say IBM announces that it will have a QC ready and in production in 5 years. Every online financial institution on earth has more than enough time to react and move to QC resistant algos to keep the funds safe. But if you have put your anonymity in a blockchain and released it out to the world there's nothing you can do to protect the already distributed data. It's not gonna happen overnight where you can all of a sudden download a private key resolver from the internet or order a QC from newegg.

Off chain mixing(Which Darkcoin/Dash uses) is in fact, much more vulnerable. Since Pure Randomness does not exist, there is always a way to retrace transactions by someone who is highly motivated, such as a 3 letter agency.

Randomness resolver could come in handy for many other purposes as well.
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:22:13 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 11:51:41 PM by celestio

On chain solutions are clearly superior. If there's ever a weakness discovered in the crypto, the entire history is there for all to see.

I can't think of any conceivable weakness besides high end quantamn computing, which would be a weakness for every online financial institution on earth, including bitcoin, the federal reserve, paypal, etc etc. That's pretty much a nonexistant scenario.

Let's say IBM announces that it will have a QC ready and in production in 5 years. Every online financial institution on earth has more than enough time to react and move to QC resistant algos to keep the funds safe. But if you have put your anonymity in a blockchain and released it out to the world there's nothing you can do to protect the already distributed data. It's not gonna happen overnight where you can all of a sudden download a private key resolver from the internet or order a QC from newegg.

Off chain mixing(Which Darkcoin/Dash uses) is in fact, much more vulnerable. Since Pure Randomness does not exist, there is always a way to retrace transactions by someone who is highly motivated, such as a 3 letter agency.

Randomness resolver could come in handy for many other purposes as well.

Not possible, quantamn computing is at least another 20 years away. You're saying every online financial institution on earth has more than enough time to react, really? Over 50million JPMorgan accounts got hacked recently, along with other companies. "Hacking" into the blockchain and subsequently cryptonote is going to be much, much harder than hacking into centralized software used by those companies(It will also be much more profitable to go after those companies/gov websites instead).

By true randonmess, I mean randomization itself isn't completely "randominzation" as you think it is in your head. Nothing is ever truly random that we know of excluding the various theories presented in quanmtan mechanics, so off chain mixing is potentially possible to reverse to a skilled and patient tracker (Ehn-Es-Aye)

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:43:49 PM

As someone who came in "late" to Darkcoin the past few months, I literally could not care less about all the "instamine" drama everyone whines about.  There was obviously plenty of time when people could have bought in by the thousands for dirt cheap and they didn't do it.  They're just angry that they blew their chance.

Before I bought Darkcoin I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  Darkcoin gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better, even if it makes a few people angry.

The community is also amazing and very active and will help you with any questions you have.  Or you can get help from iCEBREAKER...  He seems like a pretty reasonable and intelligent source.  It looks like he's pretty into bashing religions and things?

Very well said... Like you said, people had months to buy this coin at stupidly low prices when others were dumping to make a quick buck, people with vision bought thousands at that time. Bitcoin is stagnant and hasn't really done much for years, while DASH innovates on a monthly basis and move's its development forward at an astonishing rate.

Because of it's unique structure DASH will be able to absorb new great cryptocurrency developments in the future unlike other coins including Bitcoin.

Over the last year DASH has built a very strong foundation in order to set a very successful future path and that's what people are buying into.

The current price is still very cheap... Remember when Bitcoin coin was this price?

DASH is Better than Bitcoin and there are fewer coins.

Note: InstantX is amazing and it removes the need for merchants to use centralized third parties (coinbase etc) as insurance when accepting digital cash because the insurance is built in via masternodes and at no extra cost to the merchant either :-)

That's funny, because earlier in 2014, I introduced a few friends to the cryptocurrency scene, and after they learned of Darkcoin's/Dash's instamine, they wanted nothing to do with it.

It's also funny that "It's Depatement" made a new account to post that 100% lie, an obvious sockpuppet account.

What can I say... Some people just don't have vision and the imagination to think and see outside the box. It sounds your friends got transfixed with the notion of the so called instamine (undoubtedly you made a strong point in selling that to them) that they couldn't see the true value of the coins fundamentals...

I hope you feel pride in not helping your friends to make the right choice. In fact they could have made a lot of money last year and this if they had only opened their minds and done a little research for them selves instead of relying on you.

Never mind, sheep will be sheep.

What makes the situation even funnier, is that at that time, I had no "dislike" of Darkcoin. I didn't care really, they came here and read up on various cryptocurrencies before calling it quits, I did not influence their actions in any way. Unlike yourself, they(and I) aren't the type of people to pump a coin like Darkcoin with no future to try and sell our bags on unsuspecting newbs. Besides, there were never any fundamentals in Darkcoin/Dash, the very fundamentals such as the block reward, max coin supply, name, and more, has been severely tampered with by Evan since the instamined happened during Darkcoin/Dash's release. Those things are the fundamentals of a cryptocurrency, and your developer has destroyed it. The only thing Dark/Dash has remaining is hype by the pump and dump crowd/groups. Remember XC and it's pump/dump group, Promotheus? Yea.

If a few people who aren't programmers or cryptographers can come in and say, "Yea the dev of this coin really fucked it up for everyone else but himself", then there is something seriously wrong.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
BigTimeProducer

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:01:16 AM

The quantum computing strawman is a fun one... "I don't understand how someone could find an exploit, so clearly only a quantum computer could do it"...

"Wait...what's a quantum computer  Huh"

AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:32:45 AM

Lol @ trying to start a pump thread and getting rekt

This shitcoin is even scammier than i imagined. Someone needs to go jail over this shit
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 02:50:36 AM

Lol @ trying to start a pump thread and getting rekt

This shitcoin is even scammier than i imagined. Someone needs to go jail over this shit

I don't imagine the State of Arizona takes kindly to HYIP schemes, especially when they involve both unregulated financial products and illegal money laundering.

Anyone have a handy link to their AG's office and Dept of Consumer Protection?

That's only the beginning.  Just at the state level, there are probably a dozen other TLAs who strongly disapprove of crap like this:

In order to run a Masternode, an investor needs to buy 1000 DRK/DASH as collateral.

DASH ROI

You can estimate like this:

- Currently Masternodes get 40% of the block reward.

- The minimum block reward in DASH(DRK) is 4.65 DASH at this moment. I will assume difficulty is high enough so that we are dealing with the minimum reward for a worst case scenario situation, sometimes there are blocks with higher rewards. The minimum DASH block reward decreases by 7% annually to avoid abrupt block halvings, that already happened earlier this year so 4.65 DASH will be valid until next year.

- Average block-time in DASH is 2.5 min, so there are ~576 blocks per day. So 576*4.65DASH*40% = 1071.36 DASH alloted for the whole masternode network currently, we need to divide this by the 2300MN active masternodes. This gives us

~Monthly masternode income = 13.97 DASH
 ~Current Minimum DASH Annual ROI = 17%*

*This will change and go up throughout this year as the masternode network reward share will continue to increase each month to incentivize node creation following this schedule:

And the Feds will not be amused either.  I hope Duffman likes JBTs and PMITA prison.   Shocked

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:58:05 AM

I have posts/captures from the beginning of the Darkcoin days if anyone wants to pm me

Like I'm interested.

Eat yourself up.
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:58:56 AM

Can someone explain how InstantX doesn't run a risk due to blockchain reorganization?

Thanks
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:11:47 AM

Just at the state level, there are probably.....

A bit more creative than your usual crap, I'll give you that  Wink
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:03:47 AM

I have posts/captures from the beginning of the Darkcoin days if anyone wants to pm me, and if anyone wants to look for themselves, they'd see that hardly anyone mined on the Linux-Only release except for Evan and his friends who were in on the scam, there were less than 20 people mining. Also doesnt explain the fact that the block reward was cut over 200% and that the max coin supply was cut by 50%. That's literally the definition of a scam.

The reason why Evan choose to make faulty masternodes in the first place is to make him earn and capitalize from his initial instamine, through getting a % more darkcoins from block rewards due to the % of coins that masternodes get. Essentially, Evan has been making a shit ton more money with his instamined coins from masternodes, while everyone else is left in the dust.

Smell the scam.

It will take some formatting to PowerPoint all this info into a form digestible by the AZ state and Fed authorities.

But if we don't get this scum off the streets and clean up crypto, who will?

http://www.fbi.gov/phoenix

FBI Phoenix
21711 N. 7th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85024
Phone: (623) 466-1999
Fax: (623) 466-1108
E-mail: phoenix@ic.fbi.gov

White Collar Crime Supervisor
201 E. Indianola Avenue, Suite 400
Phoenix, AZ 85012-2080
Phone: (602) 279-5511

http://www.azcc.gov/divisions/securities/complaint.asp

Complaints

The Securities Division of the Arizona Corporation Commission is responsible for regulating the securities industry in the state of Arizona.  One of our main functions is to oversee the firms and individuals that engage in the offer and sale of securities to the public. If  you are a victim of financial fraud, please send us your complaint information.

https://www.azag.gov/complaints/consumer

The Arizona Attorney General’s Office has jurisdiction over Arizona's Consumer Fraud Act

Consumer Complaint Form

If you believe you have been the victim of consumer fraud, complete the online form below.

For more information you can contact us by phone at (602) 542-5763 (Phoenix), (520) 628-6504 (Tucson), or toll free outside metro Phoenix, (800) 352-8431, or by email at consumerinfo@azag.gov. Please provide your supporting documents by fax at (602) 542-4579 or by mail at 1275 West Washington Attn: Consumer Information and Complaints, Phoenix, AZ 85007 and include your name and complaint number if available.

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).

File a Complaint

http://www.stopfraud.gov/report.html#computer

To report computer-based fraud:

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3): File a Complaint
Online Form: https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx

IC3 accepts online Internet crime complaints from either the person who believes they were defrauded or from a third party to the complainant.

eConsumer.gov: Report Your Complaint
E-mail: econsumerwb@ftc.gov 

eConsumer.gov is a portal for consumers to report complaints about online and related transactions with foreign companies.

http://www.stopfraud.gov/report.html#investment

To report Commodities, Investment and Securities Fraud:

U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC): Center for Complaints and Enforcement Tips
Online Form: www.sec.gov/complaint.shtml 
Phone: (800) 732-0330

You can file a complaint or provide the SEC with tips on potential securities law violations though the links on this page.

The Federal Trade Commission also works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit the website at www.ftc.gov (link is external) or write or call:

Federal Trade Commission
 Consumer Response Center
 600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
 Washington, D.C. 20580
 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357)
 TTY: 1-866-653-4261

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Jeff8247

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:21:34 AM

Lol at the icebreaker guy. What a wanker!

BTW keep posting your garbage, it's entertaining!

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 05:46:37 AM

keep posting your garbage, it's entertaining!

I don't think the Arizona Corporation Commission will be entertained by these purported high yields from Duffman's investment product:

In fact, they will probably be quite perturbed, according to this:

If you are an Arizona investment adviser, stockbroker, wealth manager, banker, or other professional working with securities and investments and are suspected of wrongdoing, you may be investigated by the Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC). 

Don't worry, I'm helping him find a good lawyer in the main thread.

Better Call Saul...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:53:44 AM

Woah that's a pretty nice ROI

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:12:15 AM

Woah that's a pretty nice ROI

Yes, but the risks and other key factors needed for prudent investment are not disclosed.

The State of AZ, and several Federal agencies, have an interest in ensuring widows, orphans, and other un-sophisticated investors are not misled by these glittering promises into making unwise financial decisions which leave the investor with less than they can afford to lose.

Because if Granny and Tiny Tim lose it all betting on Masternodes, the taxpayers are on the hook for their care and feeding.

And nobody should be forced at gunpoint to cover the gambling losses of another.

I'm sure you agree.   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:09:38 AM

Yes, but the risks and other key factors needed for prudent investment are not disclosed.

True - I hadn't thought of that.

I think you just made the case for shutting down all of crypto without delay  Cheesy
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:30:20 AM

Ill start contacting some authorities in the coming days

Jail for Evan
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:33:40 AM

free Evan

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:27:46 PM

Jail for Evan

And what's your's coin's dev name again?
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:29:34 PM

Jail for Evan

And what's your's coin's dev name again?

DarkDashShitKillerCoin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: