Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:52:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkcoin and InstantX - What can you say?  (Read 5179 times)
BigTimeProducer

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:15:06 PM

Icebreaker is a good one to talk about scams Roll Eyes, surprised his glass house is still standing
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381687.0
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:21:33 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 08:38:38 PM by qwizzie

it seems a lot of people in here have difficulty comprehensively reading OP's first post eventhough its not really all that lenghty,
let me quote her once again :

Anyone here who is using Darkcoin and InstantX?

Share your experience here.

i'm a Darkcoin & Instantx user, are you ?

Anyways, here is a link to a demonstration of InstantX to get a feel about it, the lead developer of Darkcoin Evan Duffield created it sometime ago,
the technique has long since been polished (it was really in Alpha testing phase back then).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjUPj-TmFE

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
innergy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:38:21 PM

The USDollar is the most instamined currency in the World.. so?
$85 new billions every month last year!?
sangoku

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 08:38:54 PM

As a bonus, the dictator of DARSH (DARSHTATOR?) has in his possession a private key which functions as a remote killswitch for these trusted third parties.

Proof ?

DΛSH is digital cash. Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet. You can send Dash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world. DΛSH Anonymous and Untraceable. The Perfect Digital Cash And The Best Way To Protect Your Privacy https://www.dashpay.io DΛSH is 59.5 times faster with syncing and updating  than Monero.
My DΛSH Address: XgF6sNzGHU58dn36WsC16no9FHct6nPeZD
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:40:07 PM

The USDollar is the most instamined currency in the World.. so?

First off, you cant compare a centralized USD to a cryptocurrency (On 2nd thought, you can compare it to darkcoin/dash since both are centralized). But, Satoshi created Bitcoin to get away from the USD, not to be just like it. So because the USD is "instamined", you are fine with Darkcoin, a cryptocurrency based off Bitcoin(Which Satoshi made to be decentralized and fair) being hugely instamined(extremlely unfair)?? Yea....

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 08:48:42 PM

Icebreaker is a good one to talk about scams

That's right, attack the attacker!  Protect the cult and its Dear Leader!

You would make an excellent Scientologist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_controversies#.22Attack_the_Attacker.22_policy

Scientology has a reputation for hostile action toward anyone who criticizes it in a public forum

Scientology has targeted these critics - almost without exception - for retaliation, in the form of lawsuits and public counter-accusations of personal wrongdoing.

The organization's actions reflect a formal policy for dealing with criticism instituted by L. Ron Hubbard, called "attack the attacker". Hubbard noted the "correct procedure" for attacking enemies of Scientology:

Don't ever tamely submit to an investigation of us. Make it rough, rough on attackers all the way.
        —Attacks on Scientology, "Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter", 25 February 1966

It sure is easier to attack the messenger than defend the wisdom of using Amazon-hosted trusted 3rd parties to obfuscate coins using broken/reversible CoinJoin mixing.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BigTimeProducer

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:54:44 PM

Right - the supposedly 'broken' system that we've been hearing about. Once a month someone makes the claim, we've yet to see it broken.
Department of

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:00:17 PM

As someone who came in "late" to Darkcoin the past few months, I literally could not care less about all the "instamine" drama everyone whines about.  There was obviously plenty of time when people could have bought in by the thousands for dirt cheap and they didn't do it.  They're just angry that they blew their chance.

Before I bought Darkcoin I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  Darkcoin gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better- even if it makes a few people angry.

The community is also amazing and very active and will help you with any questions you have.  Or you can get help from iCEBREAKER...  He seems like a pretty reasonable and intelligent source.  It looks like he's pretty into bashing religions and things?
PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:11:23 PM

The "distribution" according to address and wallets provided by Coins101 makes no difference. Incase anyone wandering wants to know, many people spread their coins out through lots of different addresses. That's what those who instamined 2million Darkcoin did, just like people who mix their bitcoins, so did the instaminers mix their coins. Don't be fooled.

Also, evan changed the max coin supply from around 60million darkcoins to less than 30million, why, to make the instamined coins more valuable, as well as reducing the block reward from 500 to under 100.

Instamine, meddled trash.

Why would Evan set the block reward at 500, then drop it to under 100 after 2million coins were instamined on a Linux-Only release, and then cut the max coin supply by 50%? There's no other explanation other than he started Darkcoin off as a scam.
Facts speak for themselves, Darkcoin is a intended scam from the word go. The reason the copy-paste coin had 2 failed launches was to get rid of the keen miners which joined new released coins at the time.  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=979682.msg10689484#msg10689484
BigTimeProducer

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:15:43 PM

The anti-dark zealots are now resorting to quoting their own posts for proof.
BigTimeProducer

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:17:32 PM

The anti-dark zealots are now resorting to quoting their own posts for proof.

I agree! By their logic, I now proved my own point!
dazbarlby

Activity: 460

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:22:05 PM

As someone who came in "late" to Darkcoin the past few months, I literally could not care less about all the "instamine" drama everyone whines about.  There was obviously plenty of time when people could have bought in by the thousands for dirt cheap and they didn't do it.  They're just angry that they blew their chance.

Before I bought Darkcoin I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  Darkcoin gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better, even if it makes a few people angry.

The community is also amazing and very active and will help you with any questions you have.  Or you can get help from iCEBREAKER...  He seems like a pretty reasonable and intelligent source.  It looks like he's pretty into bashing religions and things?

Very well said... Like you said, people had months to buy this coin at stupidly low prices when others were dumping to make a quick buck, people with vision bought thousands at that time. Bitcoin is stagnant and hasn't really done much for years, while DASH innovates on a monthly basis and move's its development forward at an astonishing rate.

Because of it's unique structure DASH will be able to absorb new great cryptocurrency developments in the future unlike other coins including Bitcoin.

Over the last year DASH has built a very strong foundation in order to set a very successful future path and that's what people are buying into.

The current price is still very cheap... Remember when Bitcoin coin was this price?

DASH is Better than Bitcoin and there are fewer coins.

Note: InstantX is amazing and it removes the need for merchants to use centralized third parties (coinbase etc) as insurance when accepting digital cash because the insurance is built in via masternodes and at no extra cost to the merchant either :-)
celestio

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:48:08 PM

As someone who came in "late" to Darkcoin the past few months, I literally could not care less about all the "instamine" drama everyone whines about.  There was obviously plenty of time when people could have bought in by the thousands for dirt cheap and they didn't do it.  They're just angry that they blew their chance.

Before I bought Darkcoin I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  Darkcoin gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better, even if it makes a few people angry.

The community is also amazing and very active and will help you with any questions you have.  Or you can get help from iCEBREAKER...  He seems like a pretty reasonable and intelligent source.  It looks like he's pretty into bashing religions and things?

Very well said... Like you said, people had months to buy this coin at stupidly low prices when others were dumping to make a quick buck, people with vision bought thousands at that time. Bitcoin is stagnant and hasn't really done much for years, while DASH innovates on a monthly basis and move's its development forward at an astonishing rate.

Because of it's unique structure DASH will be able to absorb new great cryptocurrency developments in the future unlike other coins including Bitcoin.

Over the last year DASH has built a very strong foundation in order to set a very successful future path and that's what people are buying into.

The current price is still very cheap... Remember when Bitcoin coin was this price?

Note: InstantX is amazing and it removes the need for merchants to use centralized third parties (coinbase etc) as insurance when accepting digital cash because the insurance is built in via masternodes and at no extra cost to the merchant either :-)

That's funny, because earlier in 2014, I introduced a few friends to the cryptocurrency scene, and after they learned of Darkcoin's/Dash's instamine, they wanted nothing to do with it.

It's also funny that "Department of" made a new account to post that 100% lie, an obvious sockpuppet account.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Department of lies

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:53:17 PM

Before I bought Darkcoin I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  Darkcoin gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better- even if it makes a few people angry.

Hi, I just registered to say you are the most obvious and stupid stock-puppet account I have ever encountered, and another proof that the Darkcoin/DASH scam is still trying to lure people with its lies and cultist-behavior.
dazbarlby

Activity: 460

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:01:41 PM

Before I bought Darkcoin I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  Darkcoin gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better, even if it makes a few people angry.

That's funny, because earlier in 2014, I introduced a few friends to the cryptocurrency scene, and after they learned of Darkcoin's/Dash's instamine, they wanted nothing to do with it.

It's also funny that "It's Depatement" made a new account to post that 100% lie, an obvious sockpuppet account.

What can I say... Some people just don't have vision and the imagination to think and see outside the box. It sounds your friends got transfixed with the notion of the so called instamine (undoubtedly you made a strong point in selling that to them) that they couldn't see the true value of the coins fundamentals...

I hope you feel pride in not helping your friends to make the right choice. In fact they could have made a lot of money last year and this if they had only opened their minds and done a little research for them selves instead of relying on you.

Never mind, sheep will be sheep.
Department of

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:02:20 PM

It's also funny that "It's Depatement" made a new account to post that 100% lie, an obvious sockpuppet account.

I explained a little more about my experience with DASH on the main Darkcoin thread. When I first started researching DASH I only read posts on Darkcointalk.org. When I decided I wanted to read some more discussion on certain topics I searched and found these forums.  I've been into Bitcoin for over a year and bought some altcoins during that time, but didn't really get too deep into the altcoin scene. I've only been reading threads on these forums the past two weeks or so and just made an account the other day.  You can see from my posts the past few days, that I didn't make an account just to post false stories.  Anyway, it's fine if you don't believe me.  It's obvious that you can't be convinced of things by any sort of proof or logic.  
celestio

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:09:39 PM

I explained a little more about my experience with DASH on the main Darkcoin thread. When I first started researching DASH I only read posts on Darkcointalk.org. When I decided I wanted to read some more discussion on certain topics I searched and found these forums.  I've been into Bitcoin for over a year and bought some altcoins during that time, but didn't really get too deep into the altcoin scene. I've only been reading threads on these forums the past two weeks or so and just made an account the other day.  You can see from my posts the past few days, that I didn't make an account just to post false stories.  Anyway, it's fine if you don't believe me.  It's obvious that you can't be convinced of things by any sort of proof or logic.  

No, the reason why it's obvious that you're lying is that you said you read about DASH on the darkcointalk thread, yet you've supposedly been in the Bitcoin community for over a year and bought altcoins during that time. I'm on darkcointalk and the information presented on bitcointalk far trumphs the info on there(Which is highly biased).

Also, if you've been involved with Bitcoin and other altcoins, then you would most definitely have had a bitcointalk account. There's no way you'd just uppity and buy a random altcoin that you see.

So yes, your account is a sockpuppet, there's no need to lie, especially when I introduced friends to here who aren't in the cryptocurrency scene at all, and every single one of them rejected Darkcoin/Dash after reading about it's instamine, regarding it the same way any rational person would, a scam intended to make the developer rich.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 10:10:22 PM

As a bonus, the dictator of DARSH (DARSHTATOR?) has in his possession a private key which functions as a remote killswitch for these trusted third parties.

Proof ?

Just ask the DARSHcoiners.  They admit it's true, but try to spin the remote killswitch power being granted to Duffman as a 'good thing.'  Because reasons, of course.

Funny how Satoshi and Gavin didn't need to put a backdoor into BTC nodes, yet Duffman has one for his MadoffNodes.

How many trusted third parties is that?  I'm losing count.  Let's do a census.

TTP #1 - MadoffNode operators (IE bagholding DARSH cultist seeking a high yield from their investment product)
TPP #2 - MadoffNode operators' ISPs (IE 5Eyes-friendly cable or DSL)
TPP #3 - MadoffNode hosts (IE 5Eyes-friendly Amazon or Azure)
TPP #4 - MadoffNode dev (IE This One Guy who may be compromised by threats of jail, a $5 wrench, or worse)
TPP #5 - MadoffNode dev's ISP (see #2)

The point of BTC is to replace trust with proof-of-work.  A 2nd tier mesh of TTPs is 100% Bad Idea Jeans.

This is why the trustless on-chain protocol-layer blending used by Cryptonote is a technology vastly superior to DARSH's off-chain network-layer CoinJoin obfuscation.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BigTimeProducer

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:13:44 PM

On chain solutions are clearly superior. If there's ever a weakness discovered in the crypto, the entire history is there for all to see.
celestio

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:17:16 PM

On chain solutions are clearly superior. If there's ever a weakness discovered in the crypto, the entire history is there for all to see.

I can't think of any conceivable weakness besides high end quantamn computing, which would be a weakness for every online financial institution on earth, including bitcoin, the federal reserve, paypal, etc etc. That's pretty much a nonexistant scenario.

Off chain mixing(Which Darkcoin/Dash uses) is in fact, much more vulnerable. Since Pure Randomness does not exist, there is always a way to retrace transactions by someone who is highly motivated, such as a 3 letter agency.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: