Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:19:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is not a kangaroo court - innocent until proven guilty  (Read 6141 times)
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:46:07 PM

What I failed to mention is that the coffee was served at over 90 degrees celsius
Excuse me but where is the problem here? Coffee must be HOT, it's made with boiling water, of course it's 90 degree celsius or more!

Americans, they think their shit is coffee and when someone give them real coffee they go to hospital and sue them  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 07:10:22 PM

"Selling my name - 2000 BTC:"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2655.0

"Selling myself."
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2604.0

Would these still be viable options to cover the funds lost in the 'hacks' ?

lonelyminer (Peter Šurda)
Donator

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 09:09:40 PM

I didn't ask the question to you, why would I care about any speculation that comes out of your mouth?
You wonder, yet complain nevertheless. I am afraid you have to resolve this dichotomy yourself.

You lost a great oportunity to keep your mouth shut.
I don't always address confused statements, but when I do, I prefer to point out the obvious.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 09:26:08 PM

I didn't ask the question to you, why would I care about any speculation that comes out of your mouth?
You wonder, yet complain nevertheless. I am afraid you have to resolve this dichotomy yourself.

You lost a great oportunity to keep your mouth shut.
I don't always address confused statements, but when I do, I prefer to point out the obvious.

Stop making a fool of yourself. We all know the Bitcoin Consultancy invited you to talk at the London conference.
Did they also hired you to be their spokesman on all other matters?
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 11:38:39 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2012, 11:54:04 PM by Transisto

... Personally I'm staying out of this as I'm not qualified to make judgements and adequate people are already involved.

Here's an extract from an article I wrote:

In 1992, Stella Liebeck bought coffee at McDonalds. She spilled the hot drink on herself and later claiming injury against McDonalds because the coffee was too hot, initiated a lawsuit for $1 million. She is the poster child for frivolous litigation in the US.

What I failed to mention is that the coffee was served at over 90 degrees celsius and having suffered 3rd degree burns over 16% of her body, she spent 8 days in hospital for skin grafting and required 2 years of medical treatment. When she asked McDonalds to pay $20k to cover the remaining medical expenses which her insurance wouldn’t cover, they rebuked her with an offer of $800. During the case she offered to settle out of court with them for $20k and later $300k which they refused both times. During the case it was found there were 700 other similar court cases where McDonalds had settled out of court.
Why start a thread only to say : "Personally I'm staying out of this" while it has been Intersango's status-quo for the last 2 months ?

This empty statement is only adding gas to the fire.

The only similarity I found with your McDonald case is that I'd like more than the price of the coffee refunded. And I'd expect that compensation to come from all negligent parties involved.

PS : I have 32 page of new comments about this to go through, What make you think I'd want to read about a McDonald Coffee spill ?
lonelyminer (Peter Šurda)
Donator

Activity: 544

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 11:43:34 PM

Stop making a fool of yourself.
I appreciate your advice, but I believe I am perfectly capable of handling myself.

We all know the Bitcoin Consultancy invited you to talk at the London conference.
Bitcoin Consultancy did not invite me, I applied. I have been working on economic research of Bitcoin for over a year. I know genjix from previous Bitcoin meeting/conference so I suppose that might make it a bit easier to apply. From there I also remember genjix talking about his setup, that he stores all his data on one VPS.

However, my relationship with genjix has exactly zero effect on my relationship with Bitcoinica, as I'm one of the biggest Bitcoinica creditors who got nothing back so far.

Did they also hired you to be their spokesman on all other matters?
I am not associated with Bitcoinica. I am actually member of the Bitcoinica Fund Recovery Initiative, a group of creditors attempting to get their deposits back.

However, I am also someone with the urge to point out errors and biases in other people's claims. I can be pretty stubborn and persistent about this.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 03:47:38 PM

We don't have all the information, and I'd avoid leaping to conclusions until you know more. Personally I'm staying out of this as I'm not qualified to make judgements and adequate people are already involved.

Genjix, what is Bitcoinica LP doing in all of this? It seems it is possible to recover the majority of funds lost in the last MtGox compromise. Bitcoinica owes it to their customers to make the utmost effort to retrieve these funds which now seem within reach. Please tell me that 'adequate people' includes Bitcoinica LP representatives. So far I have only seen Patrick post funny youtube videos to the statement thread from AurumXchange, MtGox and BitInstant which is aggrevating as a Bitcoinica Customer that has over 30K locked up in Bitcoinica for the last 2.5 months.

kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 07:59:35 AM

you are wrong!
this is a kangaroo court!
you are guity to proven otherwise.
this it not some highly ethical lawyer shit.
this is angry people who think you have stolen their money.
this is the gun-or-bat people, who does not trust in the any legal system, calling themselves anarchists.
these anarchistic people, will hurt you, if you don't give them their money back.

bitcoin gained popularity not among lawyers, politicians, and highly moral people.
bitcoin gained popularity among people with guns, people who does not respect the law, drugdealers, and other people who can hurt you.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 08:41:04 AM

you are wrong!
this is a kangaroo court!
you are guity to proven otherwise.
this it not some highly ethical lawyer shit.
this is angry people who think you have stolen their money.
this is the gun-or-bat people, who does not trust in the any legal system, calling themselves anarchists.
these anarchistic people, will hurt you, if you don't give them their money back.

bitcoin gained popularity not among lawyers, politicians, and highly moral people.
bitcoin gained popularity among people with guns, people who does not respect the law, drugdealers, and other people who can hurt you.

I believe that he, or them behind "he", have no fear of any anarchists. Now, if this were a person in the states, and he was outed out, then he may have reason to be concerned. I, myself, would travel cross-country to stick ONE alpaca sock in his mailbox, letting him know that I know, prior to passing the address along, thus probably not getting more socks in his mailbox--a dead fish comes to mind (and I don't mean sushi).

~Bruno~
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: