Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:26:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Script asic miners - Fully liquid cooled 175Mh/s+ rig.  (Read 6998 times)
coldminers (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:26:31 PM

Why would you use oil as the liquid though? Why not water? It's free, and has better heat capacitance.

Water conducts electricity, while mineral oil - no. For better cooling boards were completely submerged in oil. By this managed to achieve not only good cooling of the chips, but also cooling of the other board components.

Update 04/03/2015:
- Testing PayPal payment gateway(will be available as additional payment method in 1-2 days)
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:45:52 PM

I'm not sure why people think this is fiction -- just check it out at this link:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Mineral-Oil-Submerged-PC/

I guess the question is how is the heat dissipated?  Or maybe this was already answered.

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:49:41 PM

I'm not sure why people think this is fiction -- just check it out at this link:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Mineral-Oil-Submerged-PC/

I guess the question is how is the heat dissipated?  Or maybe this was already answered.

I don't think anyone has said it is fiction because they claim to use water cooling.  People are saying it is fiction because it is a brand new account hawking high dollar value products, and using an irreversible payment method while showing little to no proof that they actually claim to have said product.

That being said, the fact they are offering paypal as a payment method is a little better, at least people could recover their money if they don't receive a product.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
hdmediaservices

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:55:08 PM

I would hope at this point, with all of the scams that have happened, that people would only purchase an item using Paypal or credit card.  If those options are not offered, then pass on the product.

Hopefully people will use common sense?  If they don't -- then it is their own fault.

hdmediaservices

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:00:37 PM

Why would you use oil as the liquid though? Why not water? It's free, and has better heat capacitance.

I don't understand why people can't spend 30 seconds on Google to answer their question.  I found a great article about how oil is perfect for cooling off circuit boards.

https://www.nsa.gov/research/tnw/tnw202/article4.shtml

In summary it says:

Unfortunately, we cannot dunk a computer in water like a burnt finger since electricity and water do not play well together. Mineral oil, on the other hand, has been used by electric utilities to cool electrical power distribution equipment, such as transformers and circuit breakers, for over 100 years. Mineral oil only has about 40% of the heat holding capacity and about one quarter the thermal conductivity of water, but it has one huge advantage over water—it is an electrical insulator. This means that electrical devices can operate while submerged in oil without shorting out.

While mineral oil does not have the heat capacity of water, it still holds over 1,000 times more heat than air. This means that the server rack discussed earlier that needed 1,200 CFM of air to keep from burning up could be kept cool with just about 1 CFM of oil. The energy required to pump 1 CFM of oil is dramatically less than the energy required to blow 1,200 CFM of air. In a perfectly designed data center, where the amount of air blown or oil pumped is matched exactly to the heat load, the energy required to blow air is five times that required to pump oil for the same amount of heat removed. In reality, the amount of air moved through a data center is far more than that required to satisfy the load. This is due to the fact that not all of the air blown into a data center passes through a computer before it returns to the CRAC unit. Since the air is not ducted directly to the computers' air intakes, it is free to find its own path back to the CRAC unit, which is frequently over, around, or otherwise not through a server rack. As we will soon see, it is much easier to direct the path of oil and to pump just the right amount of oil to satisfy a given computer heat load. Thus, the energy required to circulate oil can be more than 10 times less than the energy required to circulate air.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:46:47 PM

do NOT send any money upfront to these people !
hdmediaservices

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:49:48 PM

If this company already has a bad reputation, then hopefully a more legitimate company can use the same technology and provide a product to the public.

ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:57:37 PM

If this company already has a bad reputation, then hopefully a more legitimate company can use the same technology and provide a product to the public.

This "company" has NO reputation, and doesn't accept escrow. Hoping for a legitimate company as well.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:59:49 PM

Well maybe they will come through with their Paypal option.

ncsupanda
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:03:37 AM

Well maybe they will come through with their Paypal option.

Awesome! Then we can tie up our money in Paypal for no reason than to get our money back when they fail to deliver. That's way better than sending a one time payment to escrow and dealing with a single person if something goes wrong. I love customer support, because that 100% protects me!

The crypto world is full of scams for a reason.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 03:10:44 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 03:30:19 AM by hdmediaservices

Wow - I'm sensing a trend on this forum.  A lot of the Senior Folks seem quite bitter in general.

Ok right right -- I know..

1.  BTC is not at a $1k

2.  And yes ASICs killed the whole mining movement

3.  And yes we've all been scammed by some hardware company at one time or another

4.  And yes some of us fell for ponzi cloud mining and got scammed

But despite all of this -- take some happy pills or refrain from responding to everything in a negative way.  This whole forum is just full of negativity and just a bunch of rude people.  A bunch of sour and bitter people.

You can say you'll now "ignore me" or that I'm "spreading FUD" or that "I'm trolling" or whatever weird term you want to use -- but try not to shoot down everything.

Yes - I'm sure there are a lot of scams out there and everyone by now should know not to send money to some unknown company (without protections) -- but maybe maybe there are still some good ideas and potential companies out there.  

Yes - I know this company has a good chance of being a scam (especially since they are not willing to send some senior person on here a unit for free - to keep), but there is a slight chance that maybe it is just a group of people trying to create a new product.  Time will tell.

I guess on here you are guilty until proven innocent.  LOL

nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:53:00 AM

Wow - I'm sensing a trend on this forum.  A lot of the Senior Folks seem quite bitter in general.

Ok right right -- I know..

1.  BTC is not at a $1k

2.  And yes ASICs killed the whole mining movement

3.  And yes we've all been scammed by some hardware company at one time or another

4.  And yes some of us fell for ponzi cloud mining and got scammed

But despite all of this -- take some happy pills or refrain from responding to everything in a negative way.  This whole forum is just full of negativity and just a bunch of rude people.  A bunch of sour and bitter people.

You can say you'll now "ignore me" or that I'm "spreading FUD" or that "I'm trolling" or whatever weird term you want to use -- but try not to shoot down everything.

Yes - I'm sure there are a lot of scams out there and everyone by now should know not to send money to some unknown company (without protections) -- but maybe maybe there are still some good ideas and potential companies out there.  

Yes - I know this company has a good chance of being a scam (especially since they are not willing to send some senior person on here a unit for free - to keep), but there is a slight chance that maybe it is just a group of people trying to create a new product.  Time will tell.

I guess on here you are guilty until proven innocent.  LOL

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/naive

hdmediaservices

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:05:08 AM

Hmm - my post is labeled naive -- or that I am "showing a lack of experience, judgement" -- or I am "unsophisticated or ingenuous."

Really?  Is that what my posts indicate to you?

That's a shame.

The "elders" of this forum need to lighten up. 

Yes - most things on this forum are scams, but that doesn't give one the reason to shoot down a good idea.

ncsupanda
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:34:17 PM

Hmm - my post is labeled naive -- or that I am "showing a lack of experience, judgement" -- or I am "unsophisticated or ingenuous."

Really?  Is that what my posts indicate to you?

That's a shame.

The "elders" of this forum need to lighten up. 

Yes - most things on this forum are scams, but that doesn't give one the reason to shoot down a good idea.

Nobody is shooting down a good idea. We are just not supportive of bad habits. If you think this will work so well, then just wait and let them prove it.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:44:26 PM

Coldminers are happy to announce that we are almost done with the first batch. To celebrate this together with all miners - we have issued promo coupons.

To celebrate this you better send one unit to one of us here...

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:55:38 PM

Coldminers are happy to announce that we are almost done with the first batch. To celebrate this together with all miners - we have issued promo coupons.

To celebrate this you better send one unit to one of us here...

LOL - You better.

MinerFTW

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:32:56 PM

looks nice but thats it.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████  █████
██
▓███████████████  █  ████████████▓
█████████  ██           ██  ███████
▄█████  ████████  ██████  ███████████▄
████████    ████  ██████  ██  ████████
████████████████  ███ ██  ███         
██████     ████     ████████████████
████████████████  ███ ██████   ██     
▀███████    ████  ███████████████████▀
█████  ████████  ████████████  █████
████████  ██      ████████████████
██████████████████████████  ████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████  ████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:52:55 PM

Batch 1 got bought up already??  I don't believe it one bit.

I've had notions of setting up an ASIC hardware review site that verifies and validates companies and their units in the same manner your average tech hardware review site samples general purpose hardware.  

Anyone else shared these aspirations?
locohammerhead

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:17:17 PM

I go buy the sediment no reviews, no ship dates, no ASICs.  Also 2200 for 85 MH/s is WAY to expensive for this market.  If you shop around you can still find A2 Terminators at 110MH/s for 1250 USD.

I think everybody expressing concerns is 100% warranted and have the right to be overtly skeptical until we see real evidence.  Review sets should be shipped out to trusted members for reviews and escrow, Skrill, Paypal (eww) should be used as well.  Refusing to do show just helps peoples notions that it is a scam.

Hopefully it's not, we need more manufacturers in scrypt ASICs but until I see actual proof they are not vapor-ware, I will hold my breath.

locohammerhead

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:18:05 PM

Batch 1 got bought up already??  I don't believe it one bit.

I've had notions of setting up an ASIC hardware review site that verifies and validates companies and their units in the same manner your average tech hardware review site samples general purpose hardware.  

Anyone else shared these aspirations?

I would be more than happy to help you out in this endeavor.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: