Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:32:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S2 upgrade kit? EDIT: BITMAIN WHERE ARE YOU?!?!  (Read 35509 times)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:23:50 PM

If you're seriously going to pitch them, let me know.  I'd gladly give you some bits for each and cover shipping costs.

Please do not throw away your S2s. Send it to me. I'll pay for shipment.  Cool

If I end up going that route I'll be sure to let you two know.
gaalx

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:05:21 PM

If you're seriously going to pitch them, let me know.  I'd gladly give you some bits for each and cover shipping costs.

Please do not throw away your S2s. Send it to me. I'll pay for shipment.  Cool

If I end up going that route I'll be sure to let you two know.

I, too, am glad s2. Send to Kiev)

Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 03:45:27 AM

While my S2's are off I'm cleaning them and will post shortly a teardown of the S2 and it's components.  Removal of the heatsink and reapplying thermal compound in preparation of the upgrade kits.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:45:27 AM

I was first! Wait for your turn.  Tongue

While my S2's are off I'm cleaning them and will post shortly a teardown of the S2 and it's components.  Removal of the heatsink and reapplying thermal compound in preparation of the upgrade kits.

Every S2 owner already know how to do it.  Roll Eyes

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
toptekk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 11:56:00 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2015, 12:52:54 PM by toptekk

to me this upgrade won't be worth it the S1 to S3 was , why you may ask.

IF it only upgrades to a S5 whats the point in it . even if you own a S2 unless it has a price tag of say 150 USD < just a example I 'm sure it will be more, to me just not worth it, the S3 upgrade was . but if it upgrades a s2 to say a S6 then hell yea id be looking for cheap or even non working S2 .

to add last thought if they had done it like S1 to S3 > s2 to s4  . in the first place  it was poss just to them at a profit stand point it wasn't, i tend not believe it when a company say at the customer cost unless they prove it,  the company is losing not the customer and the company does whats in there best interest not ours, they all ways look at there profits first . and bitmain is no diff < no disrespect  .

They must make a lot or enough to still justify selling to the public or they wouldn't.
Meech

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 04:38:16 PM

I was first! Wait for your turn.  Tongue

While my S2's are off I'm cleaning them and will post shortly a teardown of the S2 and it's components.  Removal of the heatsink and reapplying thermal compound in preparation of the upgrade kits.

Every S2 owner already know how to do it.  Roll Eyes
There was questions in other posts by owners of S2's and others that wished to buy an S2 to upgrade.  It would be just like making another S5 review wouldn't it? Wink
quakefiend420 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:14:36 PM

The silence is deafening...
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 04:19:19 PM

yes... we the techs were told, S2 upgrade is on the way but no further information.

Please wait for the official announcement!

The silence is deafening...

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:15:01 PM

Bitmain has no interest in selling any hardware.  They built up their capacity with sales and they only care about the antpool now.

How else could you explain wanting $340 US for an 1155 Ghs S5 PLUS their outrageous shipping cost? There is no possible way to ever break even on that device.  If you have FREE electricity it's 250+ days! lol

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
mammon

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:38:59 PM

I have the idea too, that Bitmain is fucking us S2 users over again...

Why is it for such a Company so hard to act "normal" and give some real info,
instead of acting like they are creating a new world-wonder? pfff...

I don't get it, but I am almost done with them. The more users fleeing from
Bitmain because off this, doesn't seem to bother them.
OVRGRO

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:04:55 PM

i have a gen 1 s2... didn't know about ordering it direct from bitmain then, so no coupon... picked up a 2nd one post berlin or amsterdam conference... lolz at me. i'm just waiting on the price for the final nail in the coffin.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:08:59 PM

I beleive (what else can I do?..) that they will once send me this upgrade kit for testing and review.  Smiley They can't fool us twice I guess.

Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:11:35 PM

Bitmain has no interest in selling any hardware. ...PLUS their outrageous shipping cost?

Indeed...

Meech

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:24:55 PM

I'm sure all is finalized with S4+ and even the S2 kits but they have inventory on the S5's still.  More over is with the rapid price of Btc in decline they accrue more Btc in waiting.
quakefiend420 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:09:22 PM

I'm sure all is finalized with S4+ and even the S2 kits but they have inventory on the S5's still.  More over is with the rapid price of Btc in decline they accrue more Btc in waiting.

I'm guessing they aren't heavily speculating on the price of BTC.  I'm sure they hold some, but I'd bet that most of the BTC they get as payment for hardware is sold for fiat of some kind rather quickly unless their suppliers are accepting payment in BTC...
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:10:46 PM

oh yeah s4+, s7 or s89super charged!

lucky me i sold my 4 s2 ~1month ago Grin
RadekG

Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:29:39 PM

Haha, who do you think is driving BTC down? What do you think they will do with UMISOO and HASHNEST S2's? How many people want to pay shipping for useless HW? They sell some BTC and get all their HW for free. Why do you think they still didn't sell already done upgrade cards?!

They will sell their hardware right in time it is the most profitable for them, not to customers.

Just think about Bitmain is your company, what will you do? Sell best HW to customers or make best profit? Or make big profit and make another big profit selling your used hardware?
Meech

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:14:06 PM

Haha, who do you think is driving BTC down? What do you think they will do with UMISOO and HASHNEST S2's? How many people want to pay shipping for useless HW? They sell some BTC and get all their HW for free. Why do you think they still didn't sell already done upgrade cards?!

They will sell their hardware right in time it is the most profitable for them, not to customers.

Just think about Bitmain is your company, what will you do? Sell best HW to customers or make best profit? Or make big profit and make another big profit selling your used hardware?
It's going down in theory because it's less a commodity and more a currency currently.  The largest shares aren't held by the hobbyist any more.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:43:36 PM

If it were my company we'd do what we said we were going to do. There's enough profit to be made from being trustworthy and reliable, no need to squeak margins by screwing people over. It sucks how much greed there is in the bitcoin economy (not just from manufacturers - nigh every participant is steeped in it), but greed is a basic tenet of human nature and few people ever see past it.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Meech

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:18:35 PM

So 2 weeks late for the release per Bitmains initial post.  End of March maybe you meant end of April?  Please we need an update.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: