Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:53:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S2 upgrade kit? EDIT: BITMAIN WHERE ARE YOU?!?!  (Read 35509 times)
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 03:17:23 AM

Hopefully the news will be out but not yet

So?..

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:48:32 AM

Hopefully the news will be out but not yet

I believe no one gives a shit about Bitmain's "soon", "but not yet" announcements anymore.  Come back when you have something concrete, like say, upgrades in stock ready for shipping.  Before long no one is even going to want to upgrade an S2, so all of Bitmain's "soon" and "not yets" will have been a complete waste as they'll have blown their opportunity to rake in more sales via upgrades..
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 04:57:33 AM

Please remember, none of these items are pre-order.  Our sales team and the Marketing team will make the announcement when it is ready.  we are just the techs assisting you guys with the need. 

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:31:23 AM

Please remember, none of these items are pre-order.  Our sales team and the Marketing team will make the announcement when it is ready.  we are just the techs assisting you guys with the need. 

I didn't say they were pre-order.  I'm saying Bitmain told S2 buyers paying inflated prices that they would gave an upgrade path.  I'm saying Bit main has made TWO new chips and not a single S2 has been upgraded.  I'm saying that for the better part of a year S2 owners have been told "xyz month", "soon", "not yet".  Maybe after Bitmain has put out the NRE on the upgrade and paid the up front costs for the first run all the S2 owners can start saying "soon", "not yet",  "maybe next month" to Bitmain when they ask why people aren't buying.  Wouldn't that be something.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:10:59 AM

Still have some S2s running on Freicoin be interesting to see what upgrade does come out if any these things never die they are the 'energizer bunny' of mining. Waiting.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
OVRGRO

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:23:28 PM

so you're saying you totally overstepped your boundaries 2 months ago while hyping the upgrade to us?
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:33:38 PM

Please remember, none of these items are pre-order.  Our sales team and the Marketing team will make the announcement when it is ready.  we are just the techs assisting you guys with the need.  

so you're saying you totally overstepped your boundaries 2 months ago while hyping the upgrade to us?

What do you think an upgrade will do? Magically make an S2 profitable? Even 2 months ago it wouldn't have.

I get people want to push Bitmain to follow up on their promises but somehow I just don't see any value in an upgrade now nor 2 moths ago. You pay more to mine how much more?

If it comes let me know the price given the current strategy Bitmain prices for miners are in predatory territory and highly doubt anyone will be happy about the price of an S2 upgrade kit anyhow and then there will be a whole host of people complaining about that if it ever ships. The only reason to put this upgrade out is for Bitmain to turn a profit on the kit. That profit maybe be fair but it certainly doesn't make an S2 profitable to a miner.

What are you really fighting for? Or are you just taking the piss out of Bitmain? If you are ok keep going don't let me stop you.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Meech

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:14:42 PM

They're great rigs too bad they stopped being cost efficient to run a couple months ago.  Bitmain,  that's why we're hounding you.  These upgrade kits could be great for S2 owners but time is important..... as always.
lex_minutor

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:09:32 PM

Hey BitmainWarranty, had a good holiday? Great ... how about them S2 upgrade kits? Sure would be swell to get some news about them (release date / price point / specs).
Thank you!
Meech

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:00:20 PM

Please remember, none of these items are pre-order.  Our sales team and the Marketing team will make the announcement when it is ready.  we are just the techs assisting you guys with the need.  

What do you think an upgrade will do? Magically make an S2 profitable? Even 2 months ago it wouldn't have.

I get people want to push Bitmain to follow up on their promises but somehow I just don't see any value in an upgrade now nor 2 moths ago. You pay more to mine how much more?

If it comes let me know the price given the current strategy Bitmain prices for miners are in predatory territory and highly doubt anyone will be happy about the price of an S2 upgrade kit anyhow and then there will be a whole host of people complaining about that if it ever ships. The only reason to put this upgrade out is for Bitmain to turn a profit on the kit. That profit maybe be fair but it certainly doesn't make an S2 profitable to a miner.

What are you really fighting for? Or are you just taking the piss out of Bitmain? If you are ok keep going don't let me stop you.
Yes.  Actually it could be profitable.  With the supposed specs currently it would be the most efficient miner.  Just have to buy the new boards.  Who knows when next gen chips will be out but the kit is almost here without the need of buying a whole new miner.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:37:40 AM

Dear Bitmain representatives!

Should we keep waiting for these upgrade kits or we can leave even the hope of getting it?.. Please tell us clearly - YES or NO? To wait or not to wait - that is the question...

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
mammon

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 03:29:23 PM

Every time Bitmain launches a new product the Bitcoin price is getting significant lower.
It was so with the S1's, S2's, S3's, S4's and so on...

I follow the Bitcoin price 24 hours a day, 365 days a year an we can see that there is
somebody pulling the price lower and lower for over 2 months, after a 2 month correction
going up againg. (I think these are whales manipulating the BTC price so they can buy
new ASIC as cheap as possible, pushing the price up again, just before selling there
second hand hardware for the max. and then dropping the Bitcoin price again so they
can pull of this trick again, and again, and again...

I think the Bitcoin price will be pushed, maybe, under 180\160 euro?? So the whales
can Upgrade their S2's as cheap as possible.

So maybe another 2 weeks of lowering prices and maybe then the S2 Upgrades will arrive?
I personally think that very big Whales have information that will never find its way to
the mass. I think this is a very bad influence in the Bitcoin world, but greed is the first
problem I think!    GREED is NOT GOOD  Angry

For now, we'll just keep waiting...
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 05:33:33 PM

Every time Bitmain launches a new product the Bitcoin price is getting significant lower.
It was so with the S1's, S2's, S3's, S4's and so on...

I follow the Bitcoin price 24 hours a day, 365 days a year an we can see that there is
somebody pulling the price lower and lower for over 2 months, after a 2 month correction
going up againg. (I think these are whales manipulating the BTC price so they can buy
new ASIC as cheap as possible, pushing the price up again, just before selling there
second hand hardware for the max. and then dropping the Bitcoin price again so they
can pull of this trick again, and again, and again...

I think the Bitcoin price will be pushed, maybe, under 180\160 euro?? So the whales

So maybe another 2 weeks of lowering prices and maybe then the S2 Upgrades will arrive?
I personally think that very big Whales have information that will never find its way to
the mass. I think this is a very bad influence in the Bitcoin world, but greed is the first
problem I think!    GREED is NOT GOOD  Angry

For now, we'll just keep waiting...

Bitmain units are priced in dollars, but you can pay in BTC, every time the exch. Rate drops the miners cost more BTC, so why would a miner whale want that?

Price is dropping from speculators playing in illiquid markets with margin to extract $$$ profits, and a shift from hobby miners who's aim was to hold BTC to new and corpo miners who are looking for a $$$ payday.  The average participant has moved from the geeky type interested in the blockchain tech and what it could do for society, to people looking go extract value.
Meech

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:35:10 PM

A new hope for Capitalism wasn't what the blockchain was intended for I'm sure.  Large corporations profitting from the middle class.  Oh well, too bad there wasn't something implemented in the structure to deny this.
Subw

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:01:12 PM

Most idiotic theory one can imagine, what's your IQ dude? Can you calculate 2+2?
Meech

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:18:23 PM

Most idiotic theory one can imagine, what's your IQ dude? Can you calculate 2+2?
It's quite possible to see it in that range.  What's idiotic is your theory why it couldn't.  People (companies mainly) can't afford to hold it at it's current value forcing them to sell which in turn can force the price down.  When it climbed in late 2003 we bought and held.  There was very few ways of spending it, plus the difficulty was ripe for the new asics.  It will rise again.  Take comfort while it's still low to buy in. 
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:47:48 AM

I think the guy that is "pulling BTC price lower" is named Adam Smith.

Look him up on Google....  Smiley
Meech

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:37:58 PM

Bitmain you may want to rethink your strategy for releasing information sooner than your ready to release such a product.  From a customer service standpoint this looks real bad since this is the second time you have done this for the same product.  Get your ducks in a row and this week give us some info.  Good or bad we need to know if you've dumped the program or fine tuning it for deployment.  Believe me it will be refreshing to see new products from other suppliers soon so we don't have to rely on your theory "We're the only ones shipping so we can do what we want" campaign. 
lex_minutor

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:16:48 PM

News? Updates?
PatSNL

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:17:00 AM

I've tried to be patient with "just the techs".  The problem is that "just the techs" started more than 2 months ago telling us there will be an upgrade soon.  That has been quite some time now.  You are Bitmain.  You made this thread.  You have not told us anything here except "soon", "hopefully" and lots of other garbage responses (including: we're going on holiday, again!)

I used to think Bitmain was a rising star.  Looking at how you have treated customers this year, you are more of a shooting star - a quick, bright showing, but off in the distance, never to be seen again.  First the ever changing pricing tricks.  Now a second go around at an S2 upgrade, that has been more months without real details of any kind.

Do something.  Say something of substance about this upgrade.

Left positive feedback for Dogie & now don't feel the same? Remove it here
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: