Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:21:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S2 upgrade kit? EDIT: BITMAIN WHERE ARE YOU?!?!  (Read 35516 times)
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:32:17 AM

Cost of shipping these is $40 minimum, I know........  and they don't travel well.  I have one on CL now, Ebay takes too long to pay, another with 1 bad hashing board and no psu.  Been keeping these ones just in case a miracle happens, but seeing how Bitmain is that miracle won't be cheap.  Too bad these run like a champ and are fairly quiet.
PatSNL

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:38:26 AM

Rude!  That's all I have to say to Bitmain.  Money hungry Pigs!  Great products for the most part but selling PreMined equipment is just uncool!  We're fools if we don't believe they have the tech but choose to upgrade their own farms first, then try and sell them as S7's.  May be wrong but the silence would tell anyone that this is the course. 
Don't ever again advertise a product you don't intend to ship, not just once but twice. 

I am glad someone agree's with me.

It was really tedious waiting.... months ago.  Now it is far beyond rude.  It's a total slap in the face to customers, to wait so long without any real statements (except "soon" "wait")

Left positive feedback for Dogie & now don't feel the same? Remove it here
dog1965

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 04:59:51 AM

Rude!  That's all I have to say to Bitmain.  Money hungry Pigs!  Great products for the most part but selling PreMined equipment is just uncool!  We're fools if we don't believe they have the tech but choose to upgrade their own farms first, then try and sell them as S7's.  May be wrong but the silence would tell anyone that this is the course. 
Don't ever again advertise a product you don't intend to ship, not just once but twice. 

I am glad someone agree's with me.

It was really tedious waiting.... months ago.  Now it is far beyond rude.  It's a total slap in the face to customers, to wait so long without any real statements (except "soon" "wait")

we will get the answer in the year 2115.

mammon

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:38:45 PM

Why don't we just SPAM them, with the question; IF and WHEN they this S2 Upgrade comes?

How many people are following this Topic? 100, 200 or more...
What if we start emailing Bitmain every day -twice- with lets say 100+ people?
If the arrogance of Bitmain is this high, they need a good lesson!
Believe me, after a while they will answer!

ps. soon LKETC.com is offering 5TH \ 1000watt  (maybe it's time to walk away from Bitmain...)

Meech

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:55:18 PM

Bitmain has grown away from the communities appeal.  If you can go back they actually were looking for feedback on the forum but not now.
Emailing would just give a repeat answer as "Wait, we will be releasing info shortly".  This whole thread was created to do just what you ask.
When was the last time they posted in here?  My point exactly.  Twice on the same product promising an upgrade and not delivering is wrong and follows many of the companies that failed.
dairy100

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:06:57 PM

Why don't we just SPAM them, with the question; IF and WHEN they this S2 Upgrade comes?

ps. soon LKETC.com is offering 5TH \ 1000watt  (maybe it's time to walk away from Bitmain...)

omg....you are right
http://lketc.com/enindex.aspx
lucky1974

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:36:24 AM

omg....you are right
Does anyone know the price yet ?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:41:47 AM

omg....you are right
Does anyone know the price yet ?

The price and release dates are not known I do not believe.  I'm guessing they are still working on this chips myself.
peteabdo

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:43:23 AM

You would think they would respond with something. Any response is better than none. WTF!!!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:05:59 AM

You would think they would respond with something. Any response is better than none. WTF!!!

The none response speaks for itself.   I think the S2 is not the easiest upgrade they need to make 10 blades, instead of lets say S4 only 4 blades.   I'm sure they did cost analysis to see what profit margin would be.

My guess and its a total guess is they found other things they can make more money off of then an upgrade kit.
Meech

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:29:04 PM

The none response speaks for itself.   I think the S2 is not the easiest upgrade they need to make 10 blades, instead of lets say S4 only 4 blades.   I'm sure they did cost analysis to see what profit margin would be.

My guess and its a total guess is they found other things they can make more money off of then an upgrade kit.
They were shooting for 6 or 7 blades.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 11:39:32 PM

They were shooting for 6 or 7 blades.

It was possibly a design, but I don't think it made it farther then that.  I'm guessing it never made it to prototype phase.

I still think they are working on other things.  If they ever come back and do a S2 upgrade... doubt it.... but who knows.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1855

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:02:02 AM

It was possibly a design, but I don't think it made it farther then that.  I'm guessing it never made it to prototype phase.

No, it was prototyped over four months ago. If I'm thinking right, 8 of these boards clocked at 200MHz would get you over 3TH off 1KW from the wall.

These are the S2 upgrade kit hashing PCB displayed in Burin, Germany and Amsterdam, Netherlands last week.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:29:32 AM

sidehack, may be you can produce these boards? It will be faster anyway.  Undecided

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:47:34 AM

It probably wouldn't, since I don't really have the resources to prototype something that large anytime soon. I also currently know almost nothing about the socket pinout or the protocol or the driver code. I'll worry about the four miner boards and USB hub and PSU boards and hosting I'm already doing, but if all that goes well I might look into it later this year?

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:54:14 AM

No, it was prototyped over four months ago. If I'm thinking right, 8 of these boards clocked at 200MHz would get you over 3TH off 1KW from the wall.

These are the S2 upgrade kit hashing PCB displayed in Burin, Germany and Amsterdam, Netherlands last week.

I did not realize it was 3T on 1 KW.   That is more impressive then I thought it was.   I could have seen them wanting to sell out of S4+ before releasing them if those specs are close.

But with S4+ sold out.  I'm not sure what they are really waiting for.   I think the silence still means a good chance they will not end up doing this.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:13:48 AM

200MHz would be 3168GH proper. It's probably closer to 1100W wall once you do the math a bit better and factor in fans. But that's still pretty decent.

Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:18:13 AM

It probably wouldn't, since I don't really have the resources to prototype something that large anytime soon. I also currently know almost nothing about the socket pinout or the protocol or the driver code. I'll worry about the four miner boards and USB hub and PSU boards and hosting I'm already doing, but if all that goes well I might look into it later this year?

Can anything help you to start sooner? May be any donations campaign?  Wink

Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:01:07 PM

Can anything help you to start sooner? May be any donations campaign?  Wink

You could talk a company into selling him lots of chips at a good price.   I think Bitmain was not really responding to chip orders unless it changed.

I hope when he does this big of gear he does ground up, like he did with usb drive.  I really would love to see a GekkoScience big miner that is not an upgrade.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:33:55 PM

You could talk a company into selling him lots of chips at a good price.   I think Bitmain was not really responding to chip orders unless it changed.

I'll try, it's better than nothing.  Smiley
I hope when he does this big of gear he does ground up, like he did with usb drive.  I really would love to see a GekkoScience big miner that is not an upgrade.

Why not make a big miner with hashing boards completely compatible with S2's backplate?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: