Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:26:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ♔ RUSTYRYAN's 3.0% Weekly Term Deposits ♔  (Read 25430 times)
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 08:30:45 AM

Thanks steamgames Smiley

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dextryn

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 02:59:39 PM

The funny thing is...not only did he rip off an entire community, he ripped off an entire community of hackers  Wink
Francesco

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 11:39:20 PM

The funny thing is...not only did he rip off an entire community, he ripped off an entire community of hackers  Wink

...to be fair, he ripped off a tiny fraction of a community of hackers.

So funny this, and Dank, are among the few still alive

RustyRyan (unlike nckrazze) is not stupid enough to lose his coins to a competing scam.

Strong hands:
RustyRyan

Weak hands:
Code:
Depositor:       Deposit Amount:      Weekly Interest Rate:      Term Length:      Deposit Return Date:
Eisenberg               200 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 10/28/2012
Anonymous #6            200 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 10/28/2012
phantitox               161 BTC                       3.0%           4 weeks                 09/23/2012
Anonymous #3            100 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 10/14/2012
LoweryCBS                95 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 11/04/2012     
Anonymous #7             50 BTC                       3.0%          12 weeks                 11/25/2012
Anonymous #4             50 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 10/28/2012
Anonymous #2             50 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 10/14/2012
Anonymous #5             40 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 10/28/2012
area                     40 BTC                       2.5%           4 weeks                 09/30/2012
oneoctet                 30 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 10/28/2012
1Pakis                   30 BTC                       3.0%           4 weeks                 09/23/2012
"Flying Dutchman Fund"   20 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 10/28/2012
Buffer Overflow          20 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 10/28/2012
cantor                   15 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 11/04/2012
Onichan                  15 BTC                       3.0%           4 weeks                 09/16/2012
payb.tc                  10 BTC                       2.5%           4 weeks                 10/07/2012
janosxj                  10 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 11/04/2012
Soros Shorts             10 BTC                       3.0%           4 weeks                 09/23/2012
warmach                  10 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 10/14/2012
Ocean6                   10 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 10/14/2012
thirdlight               10 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 09/23/2012
PatrickHarnett           10 BTC                       3.0%           8 weeks                 09/23/2012
softwareseller           10 BTC                       3.0%          12 weeks                 11/04/2012
zakariax                 10 BTC                       3.0%           4 weeks                 10/07/2012
MoinCoin                 10 BTC                       3.0%           4 weeks                 09/16/2012 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Deposits: 1216 BTC

25 people, around 0.012% of all bitcoins already mined.

Still, nice easy scammy profit...

I dont mind people starting loans but come on on, 7 posts and you allready go out and offer interest. o_0
softwareseller

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 12:10:44 AM

I didn't get the interest on 9/23 9/30

payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:04:06 AM

I didn't get the interest on 9/23 9/30

really? that's coz it's a scam. start reading halfway down page 8.
phantitox

Activity: 385

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 02:39:28 PM

phantitox,

I am replying to some of those that have messaged me within the last week just to let you know, I'll be complying in a way that I can within the next week. At no point in this project have I had the mental agenda to blatantly wrong anyone. From this point on, it's a "believe it or not" type of scenario, because I would be in the same frustrated state as many of my depositors. I don't want to insult you or other depositors with a million excuses, but this is honestly my current situation. Firstly, I was already having a full bad month in fund-flow, so the project was becoming more and more negative. However, what is more relevant is that my computer was stolen (which had my default bitcoin client wallet and my depositor info spreadsheet), as well as much of my mining operation and the few rigs and bfl singles that were not, broken. I've had to borrow a laptop just to write this.

I must admit that the first week of silence was due to fear of simply not knowing what to do, and the thought that no one would possibly believe where I'm at, as I'm an anxiety driven person. Despite my situation, I do not want to be someone responsible for making a mess and leaving people unwhole. I'll take names as stupid, incapable, coward, and so on because that is what I feel, and what I have shown to my depositors and the community.

My plan however, is to do what is promised on my OP thread. This being providing 25% of deposit principal in the event of complete failure, default, insolvency, etc. I've backed up my spreadsheet of depositor info in the past, but I do not currently have a complete updated version. So I'll need to either have to request that all depositors send me their repayment addresses and other info, possibly find a backup that I simply don't remember yet, or go through all past messages and tally info up one by one figuring amounts, anonymous or not, and return addresses. As for timing of the 25% return, I will most likely have to split it up into halves sending one payment first (which is as soon as I have all depositor's info, so hopefully in a matter of a few days), and the next one in a week or two. Timing is all relying on what funds I can get together at once (probably the second payment coming from a  loan) to come close to the 25% amount.

Ryan

after this i send the repayment address, and ask him why he didnt update the OP ... stil no answer since that. anyway s i dont expect much from this.  Roll Eyes
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 02:51:49 PM

phantitox,

I am replying to some of those that have messaged me within the last week just to let you know, I'll be complying in a way that I can within the next week. At no point in this project have I had the mental agenda to blatantly wrong anyone. From this point on, it's a "believe it or not" type of scenario, because I would be in the same frustrated state as many of my depositors. I don't want to insult you or other depositors with a million excuses, but this is honestly my current situation. Firstly, I was already having a full bad month in fund-flow, so the project was becoming more and more negative. However, what is more relevant is that my computer was stolen (which had my default bitcoin client wallet and my depositor info spreadsheet), as well as much of my mining operation and the few rigs and bfl singles that were not, broken. I've had to borrow a laptop just to write this.

I must admit that the first week of silence was due to fear of simply not knowing what to do, and the thought that no one would possibly believe where I'm at, as I'm an anxiety driven person. Despite my situation, I do not want to be someone responsible for making a mess and leaving people unwhole. I'll take names as stupid, incapable, coward, and so on because that is what I feel, and what I have shown to my depositors and the community.

My plan however, is to do what is promised on my OP thread. This being providing 25% of deposit principal in the event of complete failure, default, insolvency, etc. I've backed up my spreadsheet of depositor info in the past, but I do not currently have a complete updated version. So I'll need to either have to request that all depositors send me their repayment addresses and other info, possibly find a backup that I simply don't remember yet, or go through all past messages and tally info up one by one figuring amounts, anonymous or not, and return addresses. As for timing of the 25% return, I will most likely have to split it up into halves sending one payment first (which is as soon as I have all depositor's info, so hopefully in a matter of a few days), and the next one in a week or two. Timing is all relying on what funds I can get together at once (probably the second payment coming from a  loan) to come close to the 25% amount.

Ryan

after this i send the repayment address, and ask him why he didnt update the OP ... stil no answer since that. anyway s i dont expect much from this.  Roll Eyes
Sounds like someone who realises they're a bit fucked and wants to try and fob off their "investors" with 25% of their funds.

A quick message to Ryan's family and possibly a visit to his house should be enough to verify whether any such break-in occured.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:24:16 PM

phantitox,

My plan however, is to do what is promised on my OP thread. This being providing 25% of deposit principal in the event of complete failure, default, insolvency, etc. I've backed up my spreadsheet of depositor info in the past, but I do not currently have a complete updated version. So I'll need to either have to request that all depositors send me their repayment addresses and other info, possibly find a backup that I simply don't remember yet, or go through all past messages and tally info up one by one figuring amounts, anonymous or not, and return addresses. As for timing of the 25% return, I will most likely have to split it up into halves sending one payment first (which is as soon as I have all depositor's info, so hopefully in a matter of a few days), and the next one in a week or two. Timing is all relying on what funds I can get together at once (probably the second payment coming from a  loan) to come close to the 25% amount.

Ryan

after this i send the repayment address, and ask him why he didnt update the OP ... stil no answer since that. anyway s i dont expect much from this.  Roll Eyes
Sounds like someone who realises they're a bit fucked and wants to try and fob off their "investors" with 25% of their funds.

A quick message to Ryan's family and possibly a visit to his house should be enough to verify whether any such break-in occured.

Of course this recent development has nothing to do with his name etc been recently discovered when he previously thought he was completely anonymous.

Anyway police would of given you a crime number when you reported the theft. Can you please post it on here please and we'll go from there.

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 07:20:07 PM

Seems like the 25% was his backup get out clause, In case he should be found out, I really cant believe this story, No wallet.dat backup???
Also He logged on 1am on the 2nd Oct, and claimed he only got (borrowed) a laptop on the 4th which was the first time he had been back???
Shadow383

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 07:27:38 PM

Seems like the 25% was his backup get out clause, In case he should be found out, I really cant believe this story, No wallet.dat backup???
Also He logged on 1am on the 2nd Oct, and claimed he only got (borrowed) a laptop on the 4th which was the first time he had been back???
It's obvious bullshit.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 07:36:29 PM

Yes that's because on the 2nd he thought he was still safely anonymous and could keep 100% of the coins.
He's not anonymous anymore, and now wondering if people are going to start knocking on his door. So he had to quickly knit together this stolen computer story and only keep 75% of the coins.

dextryn

Activity: 198

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 07:51:17 PM

knock knock knock
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 09:26:18 PM

So what are the conclusions? Ryan and NCKrazze are the same person? They are friends?

Is Rusty Ryan = Ryan Walker?

Is he from California or Australia? It looks like you guys found some useful clues, but they sometimes contradict one another.
CharlieContent

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:26:38 PM

Hahaha. "Yes, hello, your family member Ryan stole some of my internet monopoly money."

Man, I would laugh at you on the phone, if you turned up at my house I would laugh in your face, and the police would laugh at you, but they wouldn't laugh at me when I reported you for intimidation and harassing my family.

When will you people learn that Bitcoins can be stolen with complete impunity? No government in the world recognizes them as a currency, a commodity, or a financial instrument of any kind. Why on earth do you expect a government law enforcement agency to step in when you are dumb enough to be scammed out of your coins?

Here's an easy answer: stop giving them to people who you don't know or trust because they offer to borrow from you at an insanely large interest rate. You'd think that would be common sense even for real, government issued money with legal recourse, let alone fucking Bitcoin which is anonymous and has no legal standing.

Stealing Bitcoin isn't a crime. You wanted a currency that exists outside of governmental systems, and now you've got one. Stop crying to the police when people steal them from you. It's YOUR responsibility to protect your coins. If you are too fucking stupid to do that, and you can't help yourself from just handing them to anyone who asks, then you shouldn't be involved in Bitcoin in the first place.

To everyone who lost coins in various Ponzi schemes: I am glad you had your money taken from you. You would only have spent it unwisely. I hope that you have been left at such a severe financial disadvantage that you are unable to look after your children and they are taken from you by the state so they can be looked after by people with better critical faculties than your own. If you don't yet have children, I hope that the financial loss leaves you stinking and in rags so you are unable to reproduce. Your genes should not be passed on to humanity.
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:29:02 PM

Hahaha. "Yes, hello, your family member Ryan stole some of my internet monopoly money."

Man, I would laugh at you on the phone, if you turned up at my house I would laugh in your face, and the police would laugh at you, but they wouldn't laugh at me when I reported you for intimidation and harassing my family.

Well we'll see won't we.   

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 12:21:51 AM

When will you people learn that Bitcoins can be stolen with complete impunity? No government in the world recognizes them as a currency, a commodity, or a financial instrument of any kind. Why on earth do you expect a government law enforcement agency to step in when you are dumb enough to be scammed out of your coins?

Here's an easy answer: stop giving them to people who you don't know or trust because they offer to borrow from you at an insanely large interest rate. You'd think that would be common sense even for real, government issued money with legal recourse, let alone fucking Bitcoin which is anonymous and has no legal standing.

Stealing Bitcoin isn't a crime. You wanted a currency that exists outside of governmental systems, and now you've got one. Stop crying to the police when people steal them from you. It's YOUR responsibility to protect your coins. If you are too fucking stupid to do that, and you can't help yourself from just handing them to anyone who asks, then you shouldn't be involved in Bitcoin in the first place.

To everyone who lost coins in various Ponzi schemes: I am glad you had your money taken from you. You would only have spent it unwisely. I hope that you have been left at such a severe financial disadvantage that you are unable to look after your children and they are taken from you by the state so they can be looked after by people with better critical faculties than your own. If you don't yet have children, I hope that the financial loss leaves you stinking and in rags so you are unable to reproduce. Your genes should not be passed on to humanity.

Well, if I employed these services:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6094.msg89503#msg89503

I hope the work would be more professionally written out than this anger fuelled scrawl.

CharlieContent

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 12:32:17 AM

Well, if I employed these services:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6094.msg89503#msg89503

I hope the work would be more professionally written out than this anger fuelled scrawl.

Haha anger? Why would I be angry? I have all my Bitcoin.

Surely the angry ones are those who are planning to turn up at this young man's door?

I don't offer those services anymore (I am back at my full time job), but if you think that my post is badly written then we will have to respectfully agree to disagree. To be honest I think you are desperately clutching at some non existent straws, in a bizarre attempt to criticize or possibly insult me.

I am sorry you lost coins. I think you should take this as an expensive lesson about your own shortcomings and lack of wisdom.
Shadow383

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:47:00 AM

No government in the world recognizes them as a currency, a commodity, or a financial instrument of any kind.

Tell that to GLBSE and the SEC  Roll Eyes

Also, I think a more effective opening statement to Ryan's family would be to state the monetary value of what he's stolen (ie what? $25000?)
That'll make them sit up and take notice.

Let's not forget, the SEC is reading these boards, thanks to the data mining here they probably have his details as is, but it'd be better to make family contact  Wink

And no, I wasn't enough of a blatant retard to give this scammer any coin, I just think that he should be hung upside down by his testicles until he pays everyone back  Smiley
CharlieContent

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 06:10:14 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2012, 04:18:02 PM by CharlieContent

Tell that to GLBSE and the SEC  Roll Eyes

I think you fundamentally misunderstand the role of the SEC. Part of their remit is to deal with unregistered securities. If they had an interest in GLBSE, it would be related to that. The fact that the SEC doesn't want unregistered securities to be sold is in no way an a US government endorsement, acknowledgement or recognition of Bitcoin as a currency, a commodity or a financial instrument. I can't believe I'm having to explain that to you.

Do you think that if the SEC shut down an unlicensed securities exchange that was selling securities using pokemon cards as a currency, that would mean the US government officially acknowledges pokemon cards as a currency? C'mon man, you're not that dumb, surely no one is!

Furthermore, I don't actually believe that the SEC has been involved in GLBSE. GLBSE is based in the United Kingdom, and they are outside of the SEC's jurisdiction. They would be governed under the rules of the UK's Financial Services Authority, but in all honesty I don't think they are involved either. I think that it's most likely a taxation issue of some kind, although no one knows at this stage.

Also, I think a more effective opening statement to Ryan's family would be to state the monetary value of what he's stolen (ie what? $25000?)
That'll make them sit up and take notice.

I'd imagine so. Until you actually explain what Bitcoin is, and how it is supposed to be worth $25k.

I think you might get an answer along the lines of:

"I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound like it could be worth any money, and if anyone does pay that type of money for "Bitcoins" then they are an idiot. Thank you and goodbye."

Honestly, how would you explain what Bitcoin is and how their son has stolen coins worth $25k to someone who had never heard of it before? You think they're just going to take your word for it without fully understanding what it is?

"Yes they are a decentralized peer to peer irreversible, anonymous crypto-currency invented by a mysterious japanese guy who no one has heard of before, or since. They are worth nothing to anyone other than a very small number of computer geeks who seem willing to pay good money for them. They have no practical use that is legal. No business accepts them except one guy sold some beef jerky once and a restaurant in NYC used to take them but in practice it usually wasn't possible to pay with them."

Honestly, any sane person would tell you to fuck off. And I like Bitcoin, I think it is a neat idea, a fun gamble, and I currently hold roughly 5000 of them, but do you have any idea how stupid it sounds to everyone else in the entire world? And you want to phone up some guys parents and tell them that their son stole $25k worth of meaningless (to them), thin air Autism kroners?

If you think any regular person is going to take that phone call seriously, think again.

If something is intangible, non-physical, has no practical use, is unrecognized as a real thing by a court of law, can only be sold to a very small pool of people, and isn't money, then most people would have no problem writing it off as nothing of value. For a lot of people it would be written off as nothing at all, just incomprehensible nonsense.

Let's not forget, the SEC is reading these boards, thanks to the data mining here they probably have his details as is, but it'd be better to make family contact  Wink

Again, you fundamentally misunderstand the role of the SEC. If you think they are going to have an interest in an Australian teenager who tricked foolish people out of their Bitcoins, you are sadly mistaken.

And no, I wasn't enough of a blatant retard to give this scammer any coin, I just think that he should be hung upside down by his testicles until he pays everyone back  Smiley

I don't condone scamming, but c'mon, this is Bitcoin. It's the wild west of currency. People need to learn that they can't run to the government to help them when they lose their coins. But people CAN run to the government if someone tries to be violent, harass someone's family, or otherwise apply that same lawlessness to another situation. If you lose your coins, they are gone. That is Bitcoin. That is the whole point of Bitcoin. If you want government protection, there are lots of government backed currencies. Why not use one of them?
CharlieContent

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 11:55:57 AM

Referring to my last post, that's hardy surprising. Just been looking through all your previous global posts. 80% of them contain abuse, swearing, anger etc.. towards other members. Hope you didn't talk to your business customers in that fashion. What's wrong with you?

Haha what do you mean it's hardly surprising? It's hardly surprising that after a year of looking after my newborn baby I went back to my well paid job as planned? Yes, I agree. I wasn't surprised either. I wasn't even writing for pocket money, man. I was offering cut price services on a very small scale to try and help Bitcoin businesses. I was then spending the coins directly on other people's products to help spin the wheels of the Bitcoin economy.

You talk as if my foul mouth ruined my amazing plan to build a business writing for Bitcoiners, when in fact all I was trying to do was keep my brain active while my child was napping and do my little bit to grow the Bitcoin economy.

You've just made yourself look like an idiot who is trying to smugly comment on a post he clearly didn't read and a situation he clearly didn't understand.

But even though it was just a little hobby, of course I didn't talk to customers or potential customers like this. I reserve this tone for mouth breathing, knuckle dragging, thick skulled evolutionary throwbacks like yourself.

I took a gamble with 20 coins. I lost. I knew the risks. That's the way it goes. (shrug)
20 coins is expensive??? But even if they were, you have no idea what I got them for? I might of received them for nearly free, which would mean I've lost nothing. On the other hand I might of paid $30 for them, which would mean I've lost a lot.

I have to admit some people on here (not just including you CharlieContent) never cease to amaze me.

If you are so happy go lucky about it, why are you in this thread speculating about the kid, talking to me, and getting all haughty and pathetically trying to insult me when I point out the stupidity of your actions? If this was really such a casual gamble for you then we wouldn't be conversing right now.

Despite the clearly vast intelligence differential, we do have one thing in common: people on here never cease to amaze me either. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: