Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:57:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen account yussuf89  (Read 8936 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:52:16 PM

My account yussuf89 has  stolen from someone
How can i get my account??

I am sorry but i need to say this, you have more than one account here? i think all of your accounts need to be banned, hacked or not.
there's no reason anyone should have more than one account, having more accounts for signature campaigns is also cheating IMO.
think about it

cheers
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2346

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:56:39 PM

My account yussuf89 has  stolen from someone

I am sorry but i need to say this, you have more than one account here? i think all of your accounts need to be banned, hacked or not.
there's no reason anyone should have more than one account, having more accounts for signature campaigns is also cheating IMO.
think about it

cheers
18. Having multiple accounts and account sales are allowed, but account sales are discouraged.
Having alternate accounts are specifically allowed as per forum rules.

There is also no rule against having more then one account in the majority of the signature campaigns
Neonecrox13

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

SAD - no longer active

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:59:38 PM

This sounds somewhat of what happened to me. But I've never played on luckybit before. Did you download anything? I downloaded what I thought was a dice bot, but it was not. The program or file I downloaded was 999dice.exe and some gibberish at the end. Was you on the account when the person took out the loan? Did you think your computer was acting up or your mouse was moving by itself or going to pages you didn't request?

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13089

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:31:48 PM

I think that the account was hacked, though this can never be known for certain.

The IP that posted the loan request from yussuf89's account also posted this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=960603.0
Someone with the same IP was trying to sell another account here, presumably hacked:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=925024.0

yussuf89's password wasn't changed/reset recently except for when marcotheminer did it, so the attacker must have somehow gotten his password. Keylogger or phishing, maybe.

Zeki's IP matches yussuf89.

Since ownership of the account is contested, I'm thinking that I should not restore the account and let people give trust ratings depending on what happens. For example, if marcotheminer needs to eat the entire cost of this when he's mostly not at fault, some people might want to give yussuf89 negative feedback.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:37:44 PM

My account yussuf89 has  stolen from someone

think about it

cheers
18. Having multiple accounts and account sales are allowed, but account sales are discouraged.
Having alternate accounts are specifically allowed as per forum rules.

There is also no rule against having more then one account in the majority of the signature campaigns

I know that, but that should be changed, atleast having multiple accounts, theres nothing good that can come out of someone having more accounts.
Or atleast there could be some notification/link that would tell what accounts are being used by the same ip in the last 24 hours, i doubt sig. campaigns would allow them in then.

cheers
IronMarvel

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

★☆ QDice.net ★☆ Co-Owner

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 10:54:34 PM

Zeki (yussuf89) needs to repay the loan!
It was his fault, that his computer was not secure.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄
        ▄███▀▀▀     ▄▄███▄▄      ▀▀▀██▄
        ██▀     ▄▄███████████▄▄       ▀▀█▄
       ██▀     ▀███████▄███████▀  ▄      ▀█▄
       ██     █▄▄ ▀▀███████▀▀ ▄▄█  █▄      ▀█▄
       ▀█▄    █████▄▄ ▀█▀ ▄▄█████   ▀█▄      ▀█
█▄      ▀█▄   ████████▄ ▄████████    ▀█▄
 ▀█▄      ▀█  ████▀█▄██ ██▄██████     ██
   ▀█▄      ██▄██████ ██████▄██    ▄██
     ▀█▄▄      ▀▀██████ ██████▀▀    ▄██
        ▀██▄▄▄     ▀▀██ ██▀▀    ▄▄▄███▀
           ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
                ▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
|QUANTUM|DICE|██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
0.01%
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄██▄▄
▄█ ██ █▄
▀█▀▀▀▀█▀
 ▀▀██▀▀

▀██▀
 ▄████▄
████████
▀██████▀

▄ ██ ▄
▄█ ██ █▄
▀█▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▀▀██▀▀
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2120

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:56:42 PM

No. That loan has a collateral and lender already got it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
IronMarvel

Activity: 448

★☆ QDice.net ★☆ Co-Owner

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 11:00:12 PM

Yes, the account. But in order to get it back, Zeki should repay the loan.
Don't think, that Marco wants to keep the account...

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄
        ▄███▀▀▀     ▄▄███▄▄      ▀▀▀██▄
        ██▀     ▄▄███████████▄▄       ▀▀█▄
       ██▀     ▀███████▄███████▀  ▄      ▀█▄
       ██     █▄▄ ▀▀███████▀▀ ▄▄█  █▄      ▀█▄
       ▀█▄    █████▄▄ ▀█▀ ▄▄█████   ▀█▄      ▀█
█▄      ▀█▄   ████████▄ ▄████████    ▀█▄
 ▀█▄      ▀█  ████▀█▄██ ██▄██████     ██
   ▀█▄      ██▄██████ ██████▄██    ▄██
     ▀█▄▄      ▀▀██████ ██████▀▀    ▄██
        ▀██▄▄▄     ▀▀██ ██▀▀    ▄▄▄███▀
           ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
                ▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
|QUANTUM|DICE|██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
0.01%
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄██▄▄
▄█ ██ █▄
▀█▀▀▀▀█▀
 ▀▀██▀▀

▀██▀
 ▄████▄
████████
▀██████▀

▄ ██ ▄
▄█ ██ █▄
▀█▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▀▀██▀▀
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2120

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:01:51 PM

Zeki don't have to pay anything to anybody. It's marcotheminer's fault. You should not accept accounts as collateral.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Zeki (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:03:17 PM

I think that the account was hacked, though this can never be known for certain.

The IP that posted the loan request from yussuf89's account also posted this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=960603.0
Someone with the same IP was trying to sell another account here, presumably hacked:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=925024.0

yussuf89's password wasn't changed/reset recently except for when marcotheminer did it, so the attacker must have somehow gotten his password. Keylogger or phishing, maybe.

Since ownership of the account is contested, I'm thinking that I should not restore the account and let people give trust ratings depending on what happens. For example, if marcotheminer needs to eat the entire cost of this when he's mostly not at fault, some people might want to give yussuf89 negative feedback.
Thank you, theymos.

Trust me, im real yussuf89. Anyone wants a proof? Just post here.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 11:03:55 PM

yussuf89 should have secured the account while marco should have secured the deal (requesting a signature etc.) an even split (of the loaned amount) might be fair.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:24:33 PM

yussuf89 should have secured the account while marco should have secured the deal (requesting a signature etc.) an even split (of the loaned amount) might be fair.
The terms of the loan were that a certain amount was owed to marcotheminer after a certain amount of time, and if that amount was not repaid then the collateral (the account) would be the property of marcotheminer. Therefore barring any kind of settlement, marcotheminer would keep the account to do as he wishes with it.

This is however not the first time that something like this has happened to marcotheminer. If he wishes to be reputable in taking accounts as collateral and selling them (via ValueAccounts) then he should secure a signed message prior to taking possession of the account, and refusing to take possession without one.

If taking what turns out to be a potentially hacked account as collateral is something that is considered to be a scam.....well I guess that is up to the community.
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:02:20 AM

The terms of the loan were that a certain amount was owed to marcotheminer after a certain amount of time, and if that amount was not repaid then the collateral (the account) would be the property of marcotheminer. Therefore barring any kind of settlement, marcotheminer would keep the account to do as he wishes with it.

This is however not the first time that something like this has happened to marcotheminer. If he wishes to be reputable in taking accounts as collateral and selling them (via ValueAccounts) then he should secure a signed message prior to taking possession of the account, and refusing to take possession without one.

If taking what turns out to be a potentially hacked account as collateral is something that is considered to be a scam.....well I guess that is up to the community.

Thing is, Marcotheminer is in possession of stolen property if that account was stolen from its rightful owner and used in a deceitful theft.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:32:47 AM

In lieu of editing the above post, I'll expand...

We can all agree that if the account was hacked, the hacker had/has no intention of repaying the loan. Since the account was collateral, marcotheminer unknowingly purchased stolen goods.

Let's say I buy a fancy watch from a guy on the street, hot but I didn't know it. The long arm of the law somehow leads to me and the watch. It would be taken from me and I wouldn't get my money back. I have no recourse to go after the guy who sold it to me. He was a complete stranger.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13089

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:58:36 AM

Let's say I buy a fancy watch from a guy on the street, hot but I didn't know it. The long arm of the law somehow leads to me and the watch. It would be taken from me and I wouldn't get my money back. I have no recourse to go after the guy who sold it to me. He was a complete stranger.

That also doesn't strike me as entirely fair. If nothing can be gotten from the person who actually did the stealing, then the person who lost the stolen item and the person who bought it should somehow split the cost IMO.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:00:44 AM

In lieu of editing the above post, I'll expand...

We can all agree that if the account was hacked, the hacker had/has no intention of repaying the loan. Since the account was collateral, marcotheminer unknowingly purchased stolen goods.

one would have to know with 100% certinty that yussuf89 didnt made that deal himself from another ip / using vpn, and u cant proove that.
his computer may have been compromised, but thats his own fault. he is more guilty than the guy that gave the loan.
or this :

That also doesn't strike me as entirely fair. If nothing can be gotten from the person who actually did the stealing, then the person who lost the stolen item and the person who bought it should somehow split the cost IMO.
cheers
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:28:48 AM

One thing that is very interesting is that the OP was trying to sell a senior account for .25 BTC. If marcotheminer is interested in keeping the account then he could potentially send the OP some amount of additional funds to "buy" the account so that it is "no longer hacked".

I am not sure what a fair price would be though, the market is not good and both parties are at least partially at fault (assuming it is in fact hacked), I would say that the .32 BTC that he essentially bought it for is a lot less then what it would sell for.

Another option would be (if both parties agree) to auction off the account and each party would receive a portion of the proceeds depending on the sales price. This would result in likely both parties taking some kind of loss and letting the free market determine just how much each party gets. It is also likely very similar to what marcotheminer would have done if the loan was not repaid
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:40:11 AM

One thing that is very interesting is that the OP was trying to sell a senior account for .25 BTC. If marcotheminer is interested in keeping the account then he could potentially send the OP some amount of additional funds to "buy" the account so that it is "no longer hacked".

I am not sure what a fair price would be though, the market is not good and both parties are at least partially at fault (assuming it is in fact hacked), I would say that the .32 BTC that he essentially bought it for is a lot less then what it would sell for.

Another option would be (if both parties agree) to auction off the account and each party would receive a portion of the proceeds depending on the sales price. This would result in likely both parties taking some kind of loss and letting the free market determine just how much each party gets. It is also likely very similar to what marcotheminer would have done if the loan was not repaid

In regards to your last suggestion, you have to remember that most people have some sort of attachment to their own account and don't just view them as commodities. I doubt yussuf would agree to this, although he could in theory bid on his own account and pay half of the bidding price.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:42:23 AM

In regards to your last suggestion, you have to remember that most people have some sort of attachment to their own account and don't just view them as commodities. I doubt yussuf would agree to this, although he could in theory bid on his own account and pay half of the bidding price.
He was selling his other (senior) account. This at least implies that there is some detachment to at least one of his accounts.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:22:07 AM

My account yussuf89 has  stolen from someone

Better you prevent not get hacked rather than recover it.

How to prevent it ?
Don't click any suspicious link on any website,
Don't trust anyone

I think this is a risk of loaning bussiness.
Feel sorry for your loss Marco
The Scammer method is getting scary and modified...so everyone should be carefull
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: