Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:11:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen account yussuf89  (Read 8936 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:09:37 AM

Before the hacker attack, my hero account worth about 1 BTC. And now, I will receive about 0.30 BTC.
This is not 100% fair, but I think this is the most fair method. I think this method is 100% fair for marco, but its 33%~ fair for me. Marco wants his money, so he send 0.32BTC, and he will receive 0.32BTC from this method.
Second method is if marco give my account and receive nothing from hacker or from me. This is OK for me but he will lose money. Second method is 100% fair for me but, its 0% fair for marco. Hackers goal was finding my account.
I will not send money to marco for hackers loan.
You need to understand that that hacker's goal was not to find your account, it was to find marco's money. You also need to understand that if you do nothing, then the account would be worth close to zero, you will not get your account back, but marco will also get nothing out of the loan, and will have one more black mark on his trading record here.

If you previously had something that was worth 1 BTC but now are only getting .3 BTC out of it because of, due to a large part a mistake was made on marco's part then that is not a fair trade. You both should have to lose some value because of what happened. Any deal that one party looses nothing despite them making some mistake is not equitable and should not be entered into.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 05:39:42 AM

There are 2 possible situations here (currently I am thinking this is the 1. situation):

1. Zeki is the original account owner. Zeki took out a loan (using a proxy) and shortly after claimed the account was hacked in the aim of getting the account back. By getting the account back Zeki would profit from the loan which he would not repay, claiming the 'hacker' took out the loan. Zeki will (might?) realise that his scheme failed and will have to repay the loan to get the account back.

2. Zeki is the original account owner. The account has indeed hacked and a loan was taken out. The loan won't be paid back. Zeki will have to pay the loan back on the hacker's behalf to get the account back.

In both situations I am left holding the account until the loan is paid back or collateral is sold.

There's another possible scenario, you are the one who stole the account or you're in league with him/them. The saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" comes to mind.

I don't see it as likely, but the more this pattern continues with you one has to wonder.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:48:59 AM

There are 2 possible situations here (currently I am thinking this is the 1. situation):

1. Zeki is the original account owner. Zeki took out a loan (using a proxy) and shortly after claimed the account was hacked in the aim of getting the account back. By getting the account back Zeki would profit from the loan which he would not repay, claiming the 'hacker' took out the loan. Zeki will (might?) realise that his scheme failed and will have to repay the loan to get the account back.

2. Zeki is the original account owner. The account has indeed hacked and a loan was taken out. The loan won't be paid back. Zeki will have to pay the loan back on the hacker's behalf to get the account back.

In both situations I am left holding the account until the loan is paid back or collateral is sold.

There's another possible scenario, you are the one who stole the account or you're in league with him/them. The saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" comes to mind.

I don't see it as likely, but the more this pattern continues with you one has to wonder.

Could be possible of course, but let's not go down the conspiracy avenue. The other 'case' was completely drooped by the 'victim' who claimethe account was hacked (he did not contact me with evidence to prove the account was his).
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 09:52:46 AM

I've removed my negative feedback for yussuf since they've come to an agreement so they can resolve it, and replaced it with appropriate feedback for marcotheminer.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:14:54 AM

I've removed my negative feedback for yussuf since they've come to an agreement so they can resolve it, and replaced it with appropriate feedback for marcotheminer.

How do I 'traffic in stolen accounts'?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:33:21 PM

im not sure the former is the right thing to do. Yes they do appear to have reached an agreement and yes it is a free market however the agreement is clearly not something that treats all parties appropriatly based on how much they are at fault. I do think all parties would likely fare best if the account is sold and I don't think Marco should have a total loss......how much of a loss there should be is something I am not sure.

As far as the later, this is at least the third time something like this has happened (he both purchased pierre11 when he knew the ownership of the account was under dispute and unresolved, and he sold the account back to Candystripes). So I guess the later can be left up to the community.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:39:56 PM

buy and sell accounts that you know or have reason to believe is hacked/stolen. This is not the first time something like this has happened, if you were really not in on it last time then you would have learned that it is necessary to secure a signed message prior to taking their account otherwise their account could be stolen/hacked. From the looks of it the last account was eventually sold but even without this being the case you would still receive benefits from the account (signature payments, giveaways ect); just because the owner essentially went away doesn't mean that the account was any less stolen, it just means the account was not worth pursuing to the prior owner.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:53:03 PM

buy and sell accounts that you know or have reason to believe is hacked/stolen. This is not the first time something like this has happened, if you were really not in on it last time then you would have learned that it is necessary to secure a signed message prior to taking their account otherwise their account could be stolen/hacked. From the looks of it the last account was eventually sold but even without this being the case you would still receive benefits from the account (signature payments, giveaways ect); just because the owner essentially went away doesn't mean that the account was any less stolen, it just means the account was not worth pursuing to the prior owner.

No, it could also mean that the account wasn't stolen/hacked in the first place.

You're actually negatively affecting Zeki now aswell with the talks of 'fairness' and the like. Nonetheless, I'm happy to wait in order to resolve this issue.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:59:19 PM

It could be that Yussuf89 is not hacked however the abcense of getting a signed message implies that you are going to accept hacked accounts as collateral. Zeki has proven that he at one point ownes the account and theymos/BadBear have concluded that the account was in fact hacked, likely because the IP address of the person who posted their loan request has similar IP address range as other accounts that were hacked in the past.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:59:40 PM

im not sure the former is the right thing to do. Yes they do appear to have reached an agreement and yes it is a free market however the agreement is clearly not something that treats all parties appropriatly based on how much they are at fault. I do think all parties would likely fare best if the account is sold and I don't think Marco should have a total loss......how much of a loss there should be is something I am not sure.

As far as the later, this is at least the third time something like this has happened (he both purchased pierre11 when he knew the ownership of the account was under dispute and unresolved, and he sold the account back to Candystripes). So I guess the later can be left up to the community.

Once again, Zeki and I have agreed on what is fair (read his post) and this is what will happen.

I actually purchase Pierre11 when it was under the full control fo CandyStripes (the account had defaulted so it was CandyStripe's account).
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:02:00 PM

It could be that Yussuf89 is not hacked however the abcense of getting a signed message implies that you are going to accept hacked accounts as collateral. Zeki has proven that he at one point ownes the account and theymos/BadBear have concluded that the account was in fact hacked, likely because the IP address of the person who posted their loan request has similar IP address range as other accounts that were hacked in the past.

The absence of me getting a signed message means I put too much trust in others' ability to safeguard their account.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:10:13 PM

Once again, Zeki and I have agreed on what is fair (read his post) and this is what will happen.

I actually purchase Pierre11 when it was under the full control fo CandyStripes (the account had defaulted so it was CandyStripe's account).
it is unclear when exactly you purchased pierre11 however there were reports that you sent money to candy very shortly (as in hours/days) after the loan was due and appearently had impersonated the real owner (although this part could be false). You bought it soon enough so that the owner came back to claim the account. Once the account started to be abused, I am not surprised that the loan was not repaid because he should have though it would be unlikely that he would get his account back.

From the looks of it you also orchastrated an explanation to say that the account was being controlled by the "real" owner.

The OP says the current agreement is "33%" fair to him and "100%" fair to you.

The absence of me getting a signed message means I put too much trust in others' ability to safeguard their account.
something like this happened before. You have created threads saying that it is easy to hack accounts without email verification/2fa and there have been a large number of account hacks in recent weeks/months
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:13:53 PM

something like this happened before. You have created threads saying that it is easy to hack accounts without email verification/2fa and there have been a large number of account hacks in recent weeks/months

Nothing like this has happened before. The claim that I had a hacked account as collateral from before was never justified by the so caller 'owner'.

I have created threads saying that it is a major issue that email verification and 2FA aren't available, this issue goes to show just that.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 02:38:22 PM

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
marcotheminer now fully controls the account and unless the loan is repaid by the agreed date, it will be sold and 0.37btc will be kept by marcotheminer, the rest given to Zeki. Please remove negative trust.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1GiesDVsMFrBR7VYFx7FpHhCkvXz7Qp2qk
H013LOmmaiOnwpTVi8cRr1VcFpf02hZpxvci4DaBykBqOEElS2bf/RgxiS9aE6mtH3KTQ04g4fhFdIVZj4CGQ/E=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Msg authenticated & verified.
I've removed my negative feedback for yussuf89 account since both of you have agreed to a solution to resolve the issue.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Neonecrox13

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

SAD - no longer active

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:35:05 PM

I know its probably just a gargantuan idea, but I think that the forum needs a small team to investigate shit like this. Before day before yesterday I had never been in the "Meta" section of the forum. I didn't know what it was so I never went in there. Now all I see is hack account, stole account, help account hacked. I know that a small team to research this stuff is far fetched but anything to detour this sort of behavior would be splendious. I'd give anything to have someone look at my account and see that it was hacked. Hell its been 2 weeks now and not even a sniff on my account. Just a idea though. I know it won't go nowhere, but oh well.

marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:51:37 PM

I know its probably just a gargantuan idea, but I think that the forum needs a small team to investigate shit like this. Before day before yesterday I had never been in the "Meta" section of the forum. I didn't know what it was so I never went in there. Now all I see is hack account, stole account, help account hacked. I know that a small team to research this stuff is far fetched but anything to detour this sort of behavior would be splendious. I'd give anything to have someone look at my account and see that it was hacked. Hell its been 2 weeks now and not even a sniff on my account. Just a idea though. I know it won't go nowhere, but oh well.

Would be interesting but probably won't happen. What would be better is the implement email or 2FA..

What was your account that got hacked?
Neonecrox13

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

SAD - no longer active

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:57:47 PM

Would be interesting but probably won't happen. What would be better is the implement email or 2FA..

What was your account that got hacked?

Convicted2008

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=952735.0

Here's the thread if you wanna read it. But I think something needs to be done about this. I know alot of users including me have lacked security, mainly because for me example, this forum held no "monetary" value. But it seems that alot of people are being hacked in other ways. I admit by me downloading that 999dice.exe file was a mistake on my end and don't deny it, but these other pplz threads that I've read, some seem to have been secure or thought they was.

marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:14:17 PM

Seems like EalFSkillz/Pandacoin (same person) wants to hinder any advances to a solution.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:40:56 PM

This is a very interesting test case, but I am not sure what conclusions I can draw from it.

- Is accepting accounts as collateral not encouraged, because there always is a doubt that they could be hacked?
 - What if I purchase an account and decide to sell it after a week because I need the money? I would obviously not be able to produce a signed message from an address used ages ago.
 - In this case, what if Marcotheminer had already sold the account prior to it being disputed? Would the buyer have been forced to take a loss?
 - If I am using an escrow to buy an account and then there is a claim of the account being hacked, what happens?

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 03:53:38 PM

This is a very interesting test case, but I am not sure what conclusions I can draw from it.

There is a bbcode for listing, [ list][ li][ /li]...[/list]. Smiley

- Is accepting accounts as collateral not encouraged, because there always is a doubt that they could be hacked?

You should always ask a signed message from an address used by the account atleast 2 months old.

- What if I purchase an account and decide to sell it after a week because I need the money? I would obviously not be able to produce a signed message from an address used ages ago.

You can if you do what I said above.

- In this case, what if Marcotheminer had already sold the account prior to it being disputed? Would the buyer have been forced to take a loss?

If marcotheminer is a fair person, he may give an amount to the owner. Owner could atleast not get a total loss.

- If I am using an escrow to buy an account and then there is a claim of the account being hacked, what happens?

It would depend on escrow. Escrow will do one of these:
    • Give the account back to the current owner(in this case, marcotheminer), send the funds back to the buyer and cancel the escrow.
    • Give the account to real owner and send the funds back to the buyer.
    • Finish the trade and release the funds to previous owner.
    • Finish the trade and release the funds to real owner.

-MZ

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
      Print  

Jump to: