Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:07:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are headed to $50  (Read 9185 times)
D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:26:36 PM

Hold for very long?  I guess since it's about 1% of my investments. Will I continue to hold.. yeah probably another 15 years until I want to invest into something else.   Actually of that 1% in Bitcoin.. about 20% of that goes into startups.  Diversity is key to investing.   I wouldn't say anemic volume either.  Just look at some charts.  Jan/Feb had some heavy volume at the bottom of the curve.   That indicates to me there is a lot of pressure in that range that won't be breeched anytime soon.

My grip is firm thank you Cheesy

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:30:58 PM

Hold for very long?  I guess since it's about 1% of my investments. Will I continue to hold.. yeah probably another 15 years until I want to invest into something else.   Actually of that 1% in Bitcoin.. about 20% of that goes into startups.  Diversity is key to investing.   I wouldn't say anemic volume either.  Just look at some charts.  Jan/Feb had some heavy volume at the bottom of the curve.   That indicates to me there is a lot of pressure in that range that won't be breeched anytime soon.

It´s good that your grip is firm. Maybe you need to work on the attention span. What I was referring to was

I haven't seen any compelling evidence to suggest anemic volume will hold true for very long.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:17:58 PM

Hold for very long?  I guess since it's about 1% of my investments. Will I continue to hold.. yeah probably another 15 years until I want to invest into something else.   Actually of that 1% in Bitcoin.. about 20% of that goes into startups.  Diversity is key to investing.   I wouldn't say anemic volume either.  Just look at some charts.  Jan/Feb had some heavy volume at the bottom of the curve.   That indicates to me there is a lot of pressure in that range that won't be breeched anytime soon.

15 years is a good amount to hold. Diversifying is good but don't get too lost, most successful long term traders don't hold more than 10 assets.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:10:07 PM

I have a small buy order at $200.

Even that isn't getting filled after waiting weeks. There is no way bitcoin will reach $50.

Beyond impossible. Wink

No, I'd say its becoming more and more possible every day.  I just saw some major japanese retailer saying they are considering accepting btc, and historically that makes the price drop cause they instantly convert to fiat.  I think double digits are entirely possible, although that price may only last briefly...
I think we are still in the horizontal trend  within the range $200-240 and we won't see much lower than the lower band of that channel. 1-handle yes for some short time again is possible, but I don't think price will drop to double digit territory.

this space is intentionally left blank
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:42:52 PM

Persistently anemic volume and never any buying interest to speak of. That is the problem for the price of bitcoin. Forget all the usual excuses from bitcoin experts and geniuses. Focus on what they avoid discussing.

The space is in limbo at present. Believers have spent a lot of their reserves. Newbies should rightly be cautious taking the last few months into account. I think it'll be pretty dead until there are some more compelling reasons to pile in.

www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-de-launches-integration-with-fidor-bank-accounts/
http://www.coindesk.com/t-mobile-poland-trials-bitcoin-top-ups-for-mobile-customers/
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-foundation-launches-public-education-campaign-bitcoin/

just to name a few ..

fact is that there are compelling reasons to pile in, but the traders need to shake off the feeling last year has given them.
once the momentum builds up, there will be another bullrun.

cheers
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:03:52 AM

I have a small buy order at $200.

Even that isn't getting filled after waiting weeks. There is no way bitcoin will reach $50.

Beyond impossible. Wink

No, I'd say its becoming more and more possible every day.  I just saw some major japanese retailer saying they are considering accepting btc, and historically that makes the price drop cause they instantly convert to fiat.  I think double digits are entirely possible, although that price may only last briefly...
I think we are still in the horizontal trend  within the range $200-240 and we won't see much lower than the lower band of that channel. 1-handle yes for some short time again is possible, but I don't think price will drop to double digit territory.

This horizontal trend will continue for some time. A major bull market run could break out close to the block reward halving in 2016.

thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:39:00 AM

I've been thinking a lot about the current state of affairs, and the picture has started to become clear.  This bear market is as painful (and in many ways more painful) as the 2011-2012 bear market.  That suggests that the "level" of the current bear market within the cycle corresponds to that previous bear market.

That means that the corresponding bull markets are:

$0 ---> $32
$2 ---> $1160

In order for a bull market to be born, the price has to revisit very close to the bull market peak one cycle back.  That's the only way the weak hands will be shaken out.  We've had a lot of weak hands who still think every $20 upswing is the start of a new bubble, who think making money in Bitcoin is easy, and who still have "faith" in the price without knowing the first thing about the technology.  They need to be shaken out because they're weak hands; they're dumb money.  Only when they're replaced by stronger hands who think long term and know better Bitcoin's place in the future world will the new bull market be born. 

In other words, the price has to get close to $32.  And by that, I don't mean "close" in linear terms, but rather, in log terms, so there's more room for error.  I think the final low will be something more like $50-$80. 

I'm going to be buying hand-over-fist at those levels from the weak hands who will panic sell.

Also, based on some fractal similarity I'm seeing--which I will divulge later after the new bull starts--the next bull will be powerful, as powerful on a log scale as the prior two full cycles combined.  When the dumb money panics, it will be the buying opportunity of a lifetime.
I just don't believe that anything you are saying is true. You cannot predict the price you cannot predict anything related to price and volume.
Its all a black swan. You will soon realise that alll of your predictions will fail and the things would go in haphazardous directions. You know exactly equal to what an illiterate knows about the prices.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
belmonty

Activity: 295

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:06:05 AM

I've been thinking a lot about the current state of affairs, and the picture has started to become clear.  This bear market is as painful (and in many ways more painful) as the 2011-2012 bear market.  That suggests that the "level" of the current bear market within the cycle corresponds to that previous bear market.

$0 ---> $32
$2 ---> $1160

In order for a bull market to be born, the price has to revisit very close to the bull market peak one cycle back.  That's the only way the weak hands will be shaken out.  We've had a lot of weak hands who still think every $20 upswing is the start of a new bubble, who think making money in Bitcoin is easy, and who still have "faith" in the price without knowing the first thing about the technology.  They need to be shaken out because they're weak hands; they're dumb money.  Only when they're replaced by stronger hands who think long term and know better Bitcoin's place in the future world will the new bull market be born. 

In other words, the price has to get close to $32.  And by that, I don't mean "close" in linear terms, but rather, in log terms, so there's more room for error.  I think the final low will be something more like $50-$80. 

I'm going to be buying hand-over-fist at those levels from the weak hands who will panic sell.

Also, based on some fractal similarity I'm seeing--which I will divulge later after the new bull starts--the next bull will be powerful, as powerful on a log scale as the prior two full cycles combined.  When the dumb money panics, it will be the buying opportunity of a lifetime.
I just don't believe that anything you are saying is true. You cannot predict the price you cannot predict anything related to price and volume.
Its all a black swan. You will soon realise that alll of your predictions will fail and the things would go in haphazardous directions. You know exactly equal to what an illiterate knows about the prices.

Ultimately nobody can predict the future with 100% certainty. Sometimes people make predictions and get it right through luck or skill, but nobody gets it right every time.
galdur

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:16:01 AM

$0 ---> $32
$2 ---> $1160

Enough already. Guys, put this thread out of its misery.

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 11:21:44 AM

the next 2 months will be critical Cheesy

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:40:03 AM

$50 @ when?    Shocked

2017? or 2020?    Huh

My guess is in the next month or two or three.

That is the best joke I have ever heard.

Its so funny to see people spread FUD like this and some are dumb enough to believe it.

thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:23:07 PM

$50 @ when?    Shocked

2017? or 2020?    Huh

Its so funny to see people spread FUD like this and some are dumb enough to believe it.
They are just creating panic in around here. They deserve a negative trust on the forum.
People should stop believing in them.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:44:07 PM

They are just creating panic in around here. They deserve a negative trust on the forum.
Most of the threads in the speculation subsection look like that and I doubt that they bring anything new on the table.
Each day there are at least two new threads each screaming we are now going to crash/to the moon, but there is no substance or at least well-founded analysis in it.

this space is intentionally left blank
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:59:51 PM

Most of the threads in the speculation subsection look like that and I doubt that they bring anything new on the table.
Each day there are at least two new threads each screaming we are now going to crash/to the moon, but there is no substance or at least well-founded analysis in it.

That is true, although it's always fun to look back and see who was right or, in this case, wrong.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:10:39 PM

Enough already. Guys, put this thread out of its misery.

You meant to post this in the Havelock thread, right?
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:34:52 PM

pure FUD opinions Cheesy
i don't think bitcoin will crash to $50, just below $200 and many bagholder will take it
Doesn't matter if it goes back to 50, that just means more cheap coins for visionaries.
NotLambchop

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:39:19 PM

pure FUD opinions Cheesy
i don't think bitcoin will crash to $50, just below $200 and many bagholder will take it
Doesn't matter if it goes back to 50, that just means more cheap coins for visionaries.

Exactly!  How is that even FUD?!
galdur

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:08:00 PM

Too bad that men in white coats haven´t picked this fruitcake up YET.

Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:09:17 PM

We are not heading to anything . The price seems pretty stable to me so there isn't nothing to worry about . Unless huge exchangers gets hacked one after the other just like it's happening and it started happening since late 2014 .

~ Madness

NotLambchop

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:23:45 PM

OMG, I sent all my coin to Anon calling hisself Havelock, and nao he gone done and runed away!

Sorry for your loss!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: