Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:12:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are headed to $50  (Read 9185 times)
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:54:53 PM

he meant $50, but that is fantasy writing, same as writing that Bitcoin will reach $1000 in 2015, or $1Million by 2020. No fundamentals to support that. Pure and cheap speculation.

I guess some speculation is cheaper than others Smiley.

I certainly wouldn't have predicted >$1000 in 2013 and yet we all remember that it actually happened.  As far as I can tell, bullshit seems to be part of the fun here in the speculation land.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:58:20 PM

Maybe all the guy has is 50 bucks and he really really wants to own one bitcoin. Apart from that this thread is totally pointless.

fearlesscat10

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:32:57 AM

i think he intended 500, no way we are aiming at 50 right now, plenty of resistance before that

Agreed. When the price went to $150, it bounced right back up above $200.

sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:21:58 AM

$50 is too low to be true, and i think we already reach the bottom at $1xx
We just waiting for huge pump Roll Eyes
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:33:40 AM

At this point $150 is way more likely than $500.
Anyone saying otherwise is crazy.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:41:09 AM

Guess that makes me one of the crazy ones.  I've been called worse.  However, I suspect that given bitcoin's resiliency and all the upcoming innovation and investment, we're going to see prices rise in 2015 not drop again.  Another possibility is staying flat for a while,  however, I don't forsee prices under 200$ this year.  If they do, I'll surely be buying.
fearlesscat10

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:12:54 AM

Guess that makes me one of the crazy ones.  I've been called worse.  However, I suspect that given bitcoin's resiliency and all the upcoming innovation and investment, we're going to see prices rise in 2015 not drop again.  Another possibility is staying flat for a while,  however, I don't forsee prices under 200$ this year.  If they do, I'll surely be buying.

You and a lot of other people.

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:41:53 AM

Given that were at 24 million longs I would agree.  Once those stop losses start to kick in things might get ugly.  I don't think we will reach that point unless we get coins coming from the evolution heist.
calme

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:50:31 AM

i'm as bullish as they come so i wish we would get $50 btc. and i don't sell or short either even @ 500
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:51:57 AM

i'm as bullish as they come so i wish we would get $50 btc. and i don't sell or short either even @ 500

ah buying btcc @ $50 would be great more coins for us and just hold until the end.
fearlesscat10

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:01:22 AM

ah buying btcc @ $50 would be great more coins for us and just hold until the end.

I think there's too much buy support for us to reach $50. Still, it'll be nice.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:06:42 AM

he meant $50, but that is fantasy writing, same as writing that Bitcoin will reach $1000 in 2015, or $1Million by 2020. No fundamentals to support that. Pure and cheap speculation.

I guess some speculation is cheaper than others Smiley.

I certainly wouldn't have predicted >$1000 in 2013 and yet we all remember that it actually happened.  As far as I can tell, bullshit seems to be part of the fun here in the speculation land.
well, of course there is a room for the next speculation bubble, no doubt about it. But it will be a bit more difficult to get the next one in comparison to the first two. That is why we need to have some fundamental developments first.

this space is intentionally left blank
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:20:01 PM

I really gotta say that I'm quite sure that there are more than enough people willing to buy at $80, he'll even at $100 before we go that low. I respect your analysis but have to disagree wholeheartedly...

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:01:40 PM

$50 is not going to happen... The price was stable around $10-$12-$15 back in 2012 before the media took the ball and ran with it.. We then saw two pumps.. One to $250 range, which crashed back down to about $50 and then the infamous willybot pump to $1200.

We've witnessed some major changes since the $10-$15 range (besides the pumps), for example: Major retailer adoption, Major VC investments, ETF's and OTC funds. Obviously these changes must add some value to btc and by my math its good for a gain between 7-10x from the stable pre craziness phase of $10-$15.

I've got buys set from $80- $160 because in my heart of hearts I believe we'll hit that before we can build a new uptrend.

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:14:35 PM

We've witnessed some major changes since the $10-$15 range (besides the pumps), for example: Major retailer adoption, Major VC investments, ETF's and OTC funds.
Bob, it's because of those things coming that you'll likely never see sub $200 ever again.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:26:51 PM

We've witnessed some major changes since the $10-$15 range (besides the pumps), for example: Major retailer adoption, Major VC investments, ETF's and OTC funds.
Bob, it's because of those things coming that you'll likely never see sub $200 ever again.

OMG.. Bro If I had one BTC for every time I heard someone on here say we would never see it lower then $800-$700-$500-$400-$300-$200 Id have all the btc in the world!  Grin
This is btc.. Anything is possible..Dont get me wrong.. I wanna see btc pop and go to the moon I really really do as my net worth would grow substantially but Ima realist and I know that anything can happen, and that for btc to moon a few things in particular need to happen.

Just look at BTC like any other alt.. You been seeing some alts coming back to life as of late.. have you not? That's because people forgot about them for a while, no one was calling for the moon. And then boom.. Like clockwork they are back trading at 300+ btc daily volume and making gains like way back when.

BTC needs to accomplish that. You guys, who are all calling for the moon are the reason we're not there yet. Let BTC "die". Forget it and the pipe dreams for a bit and once most people have either moved on or forgot about Bitcoin it will come out of its slump and make wonderful gains again.

Just my 0.2BTC

What do I know anyway?
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:34:01 PM

You guys, who are all calling for the moon are the reason we're not there yet. Let BTC "die". Forget it and the pipe dreams for a bit and once most people have either moved on or forgot about Bitcoin it will come out of its slump and make wonderful gains again.

So you're suggesting that the common man (i.e.,  the audience that bitcoin was made specifically for) should just quietly forget about bitcoin... so that whale traders and rich investors can quietly accumulate in the meantime.... and then just pump n' dump on the common man's head in the future when he is supposed to care about bitcoin again?

Ummmm, no thanks.  I'll buy it now, along with the other smart commoners.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 04:02:21 PM

You guys, who are all calling for the moon are the reason we're not there yet. Let BTC "die". Forget it and the pipe dreams for a bit and once most people have either moved on or forgot about Bitcoin it will come out of its slump and make wonderful gains again.

So you're suggesting that the common man (i.e.,  the audience that bitcoin was made specifically for) should just quietly forget about bitcoin... so that whale traders and rich investors can quietly accumulate in the meantime.... and then just pump n' dump on the common man's head in the future when he is supposed to care about bitcoin again?

Ummmm, no thanks.  I'll buy it now, along with the other smart commoners.

It's cute that all you took from my post was this quote above.

Smiley

I'm not saying you need to move on or forget about btc, I'm saying you need to stop calling for the moon thinking there is some reason it should be there, some reason the price should go up, some reason why your holding should be worth more! There is no reason btc should be at any price.. Once you realize that price doesn't matter, and not just you, everyone calling for $300- $500 moon ect... Just forget about it.. Let it "die". It's natural progression will get it to where it deserves to be at that time in its life. And if you want to keep buying btc and calling for the moon that's up to you.. But it wont get there till it bottoms out and stabilizes there. If you want to buy btc at $250 that's great just dont be buying it because you think its the floor and we're gonna moon tomorrow.. The moon is far far away if it ever comes.

So Mr Commoner. In closing... Dont forget about bitcoin, just forget about its price and loose the bias that it's gotta be at some price for whatever x reason.

Good luck with your Buying and hodling and trading!
NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 04:12:28 PM

$50 is not going to happen... The price was stable around $10-$12-$15 back in 2012 before the media took the ball and ran with it.. We then saw two pumps.. One to $250 range, which crashed back down to about $50 and then the infamous willybot pump to $1200.

We've witnessed some major changes since the $10-$15 range (besides the pumps), for example: Major retailer adoption, Major VC investments, ETF's and OTC funds. Obviously these changes must add some value to btc and by my math its good for a gain between 7-10x from the stable pre craziness phase of $10-$15.

I've got buys set from $80- $160 because in my heart of hearts I believe we'll hit that before we can build a new uptrend.

"Major retail adoption" -> no, it's only companies accepting USD through a bitcoin dump out of self promotion.  While a lot of merchants and companies "accept bitcoin", nobody is spending them, retail transaction volume with these merchants has totally stalled and is insignificant anyway.
Bitcoiners HODL their coins, don't spend them.

"Major VC investments" --> VC investments are very risky stuff by definition and the majority of them blow up, not a guarantee of anything. VC investments in the bitcoin space are not even that amazing in absolute terms, they just increased from virtually nothing (2012 for example) to something (today)

"ETFs ad OTC funds" -> the winklevoss ETF is taking forever, we never know if it will ever happen. Barry Silbert pink sheet penny stock little fund has not done anything so far, still 0 trades and the bids are a few grand worth, Basically, nobody cares.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 04:40:37 PM

"Major retail adoption" -> no, it's only companies accepting USD through a bitcoin dump out of self promotion.  While a lot of merchants and companies "accept bitcoin", nobody is spending them, retail transaction volume with these merchants has totally stalled and is insignificant anyway.
Bitcoiners HODL their coins, don't spend them.

"Major VC investments" --> VC investments are very risky stuff by definition and the majority of them blow up, not a guarantee of anything. VC investments in the bitcoin space are not even that amazing in absolute terms, they just increased from virtually nothing (2012 for example) to something (today)

"ETFs ad OTC funds" -> the winklevoss ETF is taking forever, we never know if it will ever happen. Barry Silbert pink sheet penny stock little fund has not done anything so far, still 0 trades and the bids are a few grand worth, Basically, nobody cares.

Hey troller!

By major retail adoption I was speaking about the large companies who are using BTC as a form of getting paid for their services and goods. And while transactions may be low today it makes me wonder how many people were using the USD in its first 6 years around. I'm sure most "major retailers" were preferring the good ol gold and silver still, and not paying too much attention to the usd which had a major flaw in the beginning due to ease of counterfeiting.

VC investments.. Listen bud.. You can argue all you want but Marc Andreessen is an all star when it comes to the internet.. He built the first major widely used web browser Mosaic before moving on to co-create Netscape. While lots of VC money goes up in smoke i'm still feeling good knowing that such a powerhouse is behind a large portion of the vc funding coming into BTC. And yes while it may only be a few hundred million today that's been invested compared to almost none in 2012, its a great start, and lends more credence to my belief that one day BTC will be a major player out there.

ETF and OTC..... Firstly.. The ETF will be listed.. I dont know how long it should take, but I don't think its unreasonable to think it could take years to get approved. Its been in the process for what seems like almost a year now so I'm sure soon we'll be getting some news. And yes.. The BIT fund has not got any real action yet, but that's to be expected. To be able to sell a share of BIT you must have held it for at least 1 year. That means most of the BIT holders paid over $600 for their BTC held in the fund. Why would they sell the shares at a $300 value? What needs to happen here is either the spot price of BTC needs to move up to to appease the bit share holders or Barry needs to flood his fund with cheap btc to bring the avg cost down which will induce some trading.. He also mentioned somewhere that there is a way to create new shares based on the spot price now and let those shares trade, and I think he's also trying to get the bit fund listed on the NYSE.... Anyway.. Just be patient dude. Ecosystems take time to build, Investor confidence takes tome to grow, bureaucratic red tape is to be expected when applying for an ETF to be listed on the NASDAQ.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: