Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:17:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think bitcoin will reach it's $1000 mark again?  (Read 19432 times)
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:18:37 PM

So "Portable wealth storage" would be my selling point to see it go up, though that may be of no interest at all to the majority.

I would think that Portable wealth storage is important to quite a few people.
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 04:16:50 PM

I definitely think that it will reach 1000$ again soon enough, but its only a matter of time. You will have to be patient enroute, and only that way you will see it go up.
jason miner

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:00:57 PM

Of course we will see multiple stabilizations as well as price dips and surges, but over-all the trend will be up and coins will hit $1000 again
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:06:41 PM

As impossible itself says I'm possible, nothing's impossible except Bitcoin to go $0 as that won't happen, and the value will grow over time, so yes, it might be a probability for it to reach $1k sooner or later... Wink

TrianglePythagoras (OP)

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:37:45 AM

I think the bitcoin will reach > 1000 dollars after the next block reward halving, but I'm not sure at 100% (Maybe we should wait until the block reward will be less than 1 bitcoin).

I don't think we'll be alive when the reward is <1btc

The block reward will be less then  one bitcoin in the ~2032 : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply#Projected_Bitcoins_Long_Term

Woah, thanks for showing me that.

after the continuous fluctuations at them moment I think bitcoin won't go higher than $250 this year. $250 seems to be the mark which it always come back to.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 1435

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:45:48 AM

Well? Will it?

So far I've a lot of doubt.

Of course it will.  Is that even a question?  If someone says otherwise just think that we are Bitcoiners and do this

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Coogan

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:32:29 AM

As impossible itself says I'm possible, nothing's impossible except Bitcoin to go $0 as that won't happen, and the value will grow over time, so yes, it might be a probability for it to reach $1k sooner or later... Wink

What makes you think it's impossible? By your own logic it's 'I'm possible' (which there is no logic there). Bitcoin could very well run into trouble if the value drops below what is profitable to mine. If something better than bitcoin came along people would also dump it and move on. Put those two things together and you've got the death of bitcoin.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 06:49:29 PM

What makes you think it's impossible? By your own logic it's 'I'm possible' (which there is no logic there). Bitcoin could very well run into trouble if the value drops below what is profitable to mine. If something better than bitcoin came along people would also dump it and move on. Put those two things together and you've got the death of bitcoin.

Well there more than enough people willing to bet on the odd chance that Bitcoin would still have some value in the future, therefore I also think that going to $0 is effectively a scenario that won't happen. We could see double digits, yeah. Maybe even single digits, but seeing $0? Only if the core principles and functionality of Bitcoin gets compromised badly.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:55:58 PM

As long as Bitcoin's core technology is still working and not compromised in any way, we won't see Bitcoin's value drop to $0 or even anywhere near those levels, that's right. But there will always be miners, no matter what happens. Even today some people mine Bitcoin without actually making a profit from it!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 11:18:10 PM

Ok, so we've heard from a bear. Are there any bulls who want to share their predictions? Tongue
Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:33:07 AM

It will never go to zero. It will exist, even if it's worth 1.0e-10000 dollars.
TrianglePythagoras (OP)

Activity: 274

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:51:01 AM

That's not impossible, it can happen. The chances of it happening are miniscule.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:11:20 PM

That's not impossible, it can happen. The chances of it happening are miniscule.

Just as people still host ancient game emulators, there would always be a small hard core who would keep BTC running for fun or sentimental reasons. It would still have the tiniest amount of value between them.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:43:20 PM

Well? Will it?

So far I've a lot of doubt.
I think to answer this, or better predict the future price we should wait and see what will happen in 2016 after the block halving happened and market changes as the result of this.
I think block halving of 2016 is going to have significant impact on the market.

Only Bitcoin
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:48:08 PM

Do you think bitcoin will reach it's $1000 mark again?

$10 or $1000. Either way is quite possible.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 04:18:17 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 07:17:43 PM by Amph

one is /20, the other just x5, i think it's clear that it will be more easy to reach the latter

someone said that the next bubble is always a magnet of the value of the previous one, this mean that the next bubble will likely surpass at least the 1200 ath
ammy009

Activity: 303

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 06:21:00 PM

Absolutely yes
 Grin

Bicmac1973

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:32:50 PM

Definitely! And it will also go up to at least $ 2000,-. But it  could take another 15 - 24 months.

signatures lie!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 07:16:52 PM

one is /20, the other just x5, i think it's clear that it will be more easy to reach the latter
[]
Doesn't work like that.
Imagine playing penny ante poker with a friend. You each have 20 bucks. What's more likely, you leaving the game with $1 (/20 of what you started with), or $100 (x5 what you started with)?

Don't gamble Cheesy

hehe nice joke there, you did built an example that limited the possibility to have only x2 of your investment, not really a fair comparison

you can't argue that it is more easy to raise to x5 than be dumpend to x20, although it is reasonable to think that dumping is more easy to do than the pumping, still 1/20 vs x5 is a lot of difference

waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:39:00 PM

Definitely! And it will also go up to at least $ 2000,-. But it  could take another 15 - 24 months.

I love your optimism but that duration is too short for bitcoin to hits that mark..
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: