Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:50:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase CEO: bitcoin is far ahead! Altcoins are distractions!  (Read 10398 times)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 10:18:09 AM

Sounds 100% full of shit just like most everything else Charlie says when he is being full of shit.

Coinbase is nothing but Scammers, Leeches and wana be Banksters.  They want to hid in a secret office for a reason.

The fact Lee has worked at Coinbase for over a year now and hasn't convinced his superiors to accept Litecoin is telling. I think LTC was created to be a Chinese pump and dump by the Lee brothers, I never believed it when Lee said he only had "a couple" Litecoins.

This, his brother is pumping and dumping Litecoin in China using an exchange he owns, btcchina

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 10:20:59 AM

Altcoins do have advantages... One reason its hard to buy stuff (phyiscal buying it, not online) with Bitcoin is the confirm time, I would not wait an hour for my Bitcoin transaction to confirm so I can buy a coffee. I currently use Dogecoin because of its fast transaction times and for its great community. I used Litecoin too.

Typical ignorant pump lately also used by the paycoin scammers.

1 Bitcoin confirmation = 4 shitcoin confirmations

It's a joke, Dell isn't going to take a fucking light or dog coin. Or paycoin or xxxcoin, or quarks or any shitcoin. Shitcoiners only dilute their own investment by using alts, use one and you open the door to the current thousands. Go buy some foodcoin or weedcoin or cannabiscoin or hashcoin or boolberry, choose your scam.

Grow some balls and join one team, one community, Bitcoin. You're trying to fight us at your own detriment. Embiciles just like the paycoiners. Their greed cost them all their money. Idiots bought the fast confirmation bs. Guess what, Homero got your money and now you're giving it to Charles and his brother.

Guess what Litecoin is an alt of an alt, choose your shitcoin here http://mapofcoins.com/bitcoin

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:14:26 AM

Grow some balls and join one team, one community, Bitcoin.

Apply for a job at the EU Troika. You'd be well put to use  Wink

(Alternatively you could "grow some balls" yourself and endorse technical innovation and market diversity).

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 11:31:03 AM

Grow some balls and join one team, one community, Bitcoin.

Apply for a job at the EU Troika. You'd be well put to use  Wink

(Alternatively you could "grow some balls" yourself and endorse technical innovation and market diversity).

Sure let's support the industry scam innovator Homero garza

I'll stick to real innovation https://twitter.com/gavinandresen/status/571130787694841856

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:51:03 PM

LoL.

I don't have much disagreement with you there but I think your letting your Paycoin induced "red mist" colour your vision of an entire industry. Lighten up - there are also some fresh flowers in the garden.

Good stuff alright, but that's called "maintenance", not innovation to those of us that know anything about software  Wink
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 12:59:51 PM

LoL.

I don't have much disagreement with you there but I think your letting your Paycoin induced "red mist" colour your vision of an entire industry. Lighten up - there are also some fresh flowers in the garden.

Good stuff alright, but that's called "maintenance", not innovation to those of us that know anything about software  Wink

You just gotta remember that innovation especially to newbies is solely used to pump. We don't need that crap.

picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:00:49 PM

https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/569914763263606785

"Ripple, Stellar, and Altcoins are all a distraction. Bitcoin is way too far ahead. We should be focused on bitcoin and sidechains"

Seems he is a bitcoin maximalist!

I see his point. Bitcoin has the better chance of success compared to any other altcoins. It even has a better chance of success of all other existing altcoins combined.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:25:42 PM

You just gotta remember that innovation especially to newbies is solely used to pump. We don't need that crap.

With clueless remarks like that, I'm starting to think your avatar does you justice.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 01:38:25 PM

Altcoins do have advantages... One reason its hard to buy stuff (phyiscal buying it, not online) with Bitcoin is the confirm time, I would not wait an hour for my Bitcoin transaction to confirm so I can buy a coffee. I currently use Dogecoin because of its fast transaction times and for its great community. I used Litecoin too.

But it is not growing. Nobody is going to take a meme coin seriously and you expect some major brands or companies are going to accept some dogecoin? Let the bitcoin confirmation time stay at it is. If you are paying some small amount of money, as long as you already seen the first confirmation, I supposed, it's enough to move on.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:34:03 PM

But it is not growing. Nobody is going to take a meme coin seriously and you expect some major brands or companies are going to accept some dogecoin?

This argument applies equally to Bitcoin.

The only reason it looks as if it doesn't is because we are like wee sardines in a tin and there's one big sardine in it. Meanwhile out in the "real world" they're dining on whale, squid, haddock, shark, cod, ling and sole.

From out there, all the sardines are still in the tin and they all look the same.

Mass adoption in Bitcoin as a store of value will lead to niche market adoption of alts as currencies because bitcoin simply isn't remotely equipped to serve as a currency on a day to day basis for many markets.

For a start, it's not stable against fiat - some alts are. It's slow as f*ck to confirm - some alts are fast. It's expensive and deflationary if you need a lot of liquidity - many alts are not. It doesn't natively support digital assets - some alts do. With bitcoin there's no transaction privacy - with some alts there is.

The world financial system is a huge place. It never has and never will been able to function with only 1 form of money or 1 currency. With the arrival of digital currencies it's only going to diversify.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:27:31 PM

But it is not growing. Nobody is going to take a meme coin seriously and you expect some major brands or companies are going to accept some dogecoin?

This argument applies equally to Bitcoin.

The only reason it looks as if it doesn't is because we are like wee sardines in a tin and there's one big sardine in it. Meanwhile out in the "real world" they're dining on whale, squid, haddock, shark, cod, ling and sole.

From out there, all the sardines are still in the tin and they all look the same.

Altcoins aren't sardines, they are parasites leeching off the one sardine. (bitcoin)

Mass adoption in Bitcoin as a store of value will lead to niche market adoption of alts as currencies because bitcoin simply isn't remotely equipped to serve as a currency on a day to day basis for many markets.

For a start, it's not stable against fiat - some alts are. It's slow as f*ck to confirm - some alts are fast. It's expensive and deflationary if you need a lot of liquidity - many alts are not. It doesn't natively support digital assets - some alts do. With bitcoin there's no transaction privacy - with some alts there is.

Why do you keep repeating this broken argument? Do you think that it will make sidechains go away?

Confirmation time - sidechains can have instant confirmations.
Digital assets - sidechains ALREADY does this. It's called Counterparty.
Anonymous transactions - sidechains can easily do this.

I get it, you love get rich quick schemes and sidechains is going to ruin that niche for you. But please try to come up with a better argument than "sidechains can't work because I said so".

The world financial system is a huge place. It never has and never will been able to function with only 1 form of money or 1 currency. With the arrival of digital currencies it's only going to diversify.

"The world of information is a huge place. There will never be 1 internet protocol." - toknormal

Nice market astrology you got there. I too can make things up about graphs.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:36:32 AM

"Ripple, Stellar, and Altcoins are all a distraction. Bitcoin is way too far ahead. We should be focused on bitcoin and sidechains"

I see his point. Bitcoin has the better chance of success compared to any other altcoins. It even has a better chance of success of all other existing altcoins combined.

People are still waiting for that one bright idea.
The altcoin which can emerge as a bitcoin killer.
That is why they keep investing in alts.

Exther2

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:10:15 AM

That's just a Twitter of Brian Armstrong.
Bitcoin is #1, that's a fact, anyone can see that.
Stellar? That's not a coin, you cannot mine it.
Some serious alt coins are still in game and it is still Bitcoin leadership.
But once digital currency gets adopted, it will be clear which one will stay.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 09:09:22 AM

People are there mostly to make quick buck and nothing else. It's not about the future of the new altcoin that matters but it's about who gets in first and who gets out fast and finally the difference is who ends up winner and the other bag holders. Sadly this has been the scenario surrounding all the altcoin thus far.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:32:36 AM

Which is fully correct approach. I think both communities (bitcoin-only and altcoiners) have the common root and should not waste time on meme wars. that brings nothing. Instead developing bitcoin on one hand and thinking about new solutions on the other is what will benefit all of us , in this so far,  fiat currency-based world.

this space is intentionally left blank
noelmal

Activity: 265

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 12:22:16 PM

Litecoin is a joke

You know Litecoin is a joke when it's lead developer and creator stops developing for it:

The fact that Charlie Lee works for Coinbase, probably the largest Bitcoin based company, is a joke in itself.

You know Bitcoin is a joke when it's lead developer and creator stops developing for it. :p

The "there can only be one" camp of Bitcoiners do not understand that altcoins supporters don't necessarily think that any altcoin will overtake Bitcoin in value. I can't speak for everyone, but I believe that Bitcoin will always be the "one" cryptocurrency, the crypto reserve currency.* But there will always be room for a few more cryptocurrencies that are adopted widely just like Bitcoin. These cryptocurrencies will have independent economic models and not pegged to Bitcoin and will have a free-floating market price. As toknormal said, the market has already decided that altcoins have a future. The market is smarter and more efficient that any one of us. You can say "shitcoins are dead" a million times, but that doesn't change the fact that Litecoin has a $60M market cap and that people are willing to trade them at ~$1.80 a coin today. This doesn't guarantee that Litecoin will survive in the long run. But one thing I know for sure is that there will always be altcoins.

For those that think Bitcoin and sidechains (pegged Bitcoin) will cause market cap of all altcoins to go to 0, do you also think that all countries should adopt the USD or peg their currency to USD?

* And that is why I work for Coinbase.

Words of wisdom, makes sense.

Strange reply from the forums biggest litecoin troll, author of the lets get as much attention for my psychological troll disorder thread "litecoin is officially dead" that deletes any positive litecoin posts?

viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 12:25:11 PM

All that altcoins' features can be merged to bitcoin, the only difference is the network power

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
Enzyme

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 12:25:25 PM

All altcoins are useless and their features should be incorporated into Bitcoin.

The only coins which have a future are:
Dogecoin: Easy Adoption
Darkcoin: Anonymity and Instant TX.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 12:54:27 PM

All altcoins are useless and their features should be incorporated into Bitcoin.

Roll Eyes

Dogecoin: Litecoins lil bitch that coughs up 3000 BTC a year fo eva.
Darkcoin: Yet another anon P&D coin.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:30:29 PM

Bitcoin is the best coin by so far that the coinbase CEO has a point.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: